Home The Bridge
Options

How many times have you seen the anti macro this event?

edited September 2018 in The Bridge
Just wanted to make a poll to send DB a message that they really need to take a look at their anti bot program after the last event and the drama that bots were still invading the game.
I sure many of us players asked DB to look into it and for Shan to get back to us about it, but no responds so far. I have only seen the message one time this event and that was at the beginning of the event. I was playing about an hour into the event when it popped up and since then haven't seen it again and I played almost all day Thursday.
Also, as I stated in the last anti micro post about last event, I leave my game running so I can resume where I left off, check shuttles, voyages & rank in events without having to log in.
Just would like to see how many times and approximately when you saw it. Please vote and leave comments to that. Thanks for your support.

How many times have you seen the anti macro this event? 158 votes

Haven't seen it
80%
uss_bonaventure[7TW] UnkieBsorinev[RotP]Ran Airen[DC] PrincipiaAviTrekCaptain_Who[DDF] Marge GundersonDane 'Glynn Fury[NDQ] Joker41NAMpbertZombie Squirrel Rocpileabegheer1LalandraNad HalmiddleheadFredou[QH] OxmyxTongo Rad 127 votes
Once
11%
Captain TFCaptain Durf[TUFG] Siguard[TFA] Commodore WizzlestixCpt. Caveman[SSR] GTMETDittoTarrantMr. LincolnSunshineRikerMarakith DaxDmeadzkapuDownriverRick Tarquin{R•PHX}Captain Stupid[DSG2] HoschnixST_Dreadnought 18 votes
Twice
1%
Kostas Rikerguest_740319853219840 2 votes
Trip
1%
NecronjonMe [AUS] 2 votes
4 or more
5%
SSR BarkleyRoadrunner {SG-66}VioletBlueal103Capt. Pete OwenSir WhaleWoOZCaptain P (ESB)Proont 9 votes

Comments

• Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haven't seen it
    I haven’t played this event but I played extensively during the skirmish and never saw it once. In fact I’ve never ever seen it once. They must trust me
  • Options
    Once
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    I haven’t played this event but I played extensively during the skirmish and never saw it once. In fact I’ve never ever seen it once. They must trust me

THX Banjo, there is something wrong going on here.
  • Options
    Haven't seen it
    I haven't seen it since the first week it was out. Then I saw it on everything.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haven't seen it

I thought so too. People are saying they get it popping up sometimes but since they’ve implemented it I never have. And I do play for long stretches. The skirmish before the last one I played like 10 hours straight and nothing

• Options
    Haven't seen it
    It was T'Pol and out for me, done in about 15 minutes
  • Options
    <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haven't seen it
    I might have seen it once during last skirmish, when I placed 55th? And I know I only saw it once during the skirmish before that, when I placed 16th. And during both of those events, my f2p didn't see it at all.

But I haven't seen it at all this event, on either account.

Nor did I see it in the last faction/galaxy, when I had to do some work in the galaxy portion for my f2p account, which does not yet have 4 shuttles.
  • Options
    Haven't seen it
    I haven't seen it for weeks.
  • Options
    [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once
    I’m currently in first with about 3,500 supply missions turned in, saw it once.
  • Options
    Haven't seen it
    Since I can't edit, I'll add here that I placed in the top 75 in the most recent skirmish event (so, LOTS of ship battles) and didn't see it once.
  • Options
    Haven't seen it
    I haven't seen it this event, last event, or the previous event.
  • Options
    Once

Ya, congratz GTMET! How's your finger? Sore?😆
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats on the rank, GTMET!

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    ProontProont ✭✭✭✭✭
    4 or more
    I see it frequently. Multiple times per day during events. I wonder if it has something to do with me playing on Steam or being a newer account. I started playing in July. Or maybe it's random chance and I'm just super unlucky.
  • Options
    Once
    Proont wrote: »
    I see it frequently. Multiple times per day during events. I wonder if it has something to do with me playing on Steam or being a newer account. I started playing in July. Or maybe it's random chance and I'm just super unlucky.

Your one of the few. Too bad your luck here doesn't count for getting kick butt cards or the lottery. 😆
    Thx for your input and vote.
  • Options
    Haven't seen it
    If you're talking about the pop-up that tells you you've been playing a long time, I'm on iOS and don't typically close out the game, just press the home button and do something else. I've gotten that message immediately upon waking up in the morning and checking on things 8 hours after my last game activity.
  • Options
    [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once

My finger, my wrist, my thumbs, just waiting for the elbow to start hurting :-)
  • Options
    FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haven't seen it
    Maybe there is some Data Science going on when as to when and why it presents?
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • Options
    Once
    If you're talking about the pop-up that tells you you've been playing a long time, I'm on iOS and don't typically close out the game, just press the home button and do something else. I've gotten that message immediately upon waking up in the morning and checking on things 8 hours after my last game activity.

Yes, this is what we're talking about. Please vote about how many times you've seen it since the start of the event on Thursday till now. You've already mentioned your platform & whenabouts you've seen it. Thx.
  • Options
    Once

My finger, my wrist, my thumbs, just waiting for the elbow to start hurting :-)

Im sure there all going to fall off by Sunday night that you cant finish out by Monday morning. 😁
    GTMET can you also state about when you saw the one time pop-up during your glorious run?
    I would think since your in first place you'd be getting the message more just to make sure you ARE physically playing and not a bot.
  • Options
    Once

I thought so too. People are saying they get it popping up sometimes but since they’ve implemented it I never have. And I do play for long stretches. The skirmish before the last one I played like 10 hours straight and nothing

Thx for your input Banjo. 🖖
  • Options
    Haven't seen it
    I strongly suspect my play is too erratic to trigger it. Perhaps the first time was for testing, then they adjusted the algorithms to reduce annoyance. The one way to test it would be to run a macro: are you game Captain? Perhaps it logs every time it is triggered and pops up a warning at DB if it goes off too often!?
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Once
    I strongly suspect my play is too erratic to trigger it. Perhaps the first time was for testing, then they adjusted the algorithms to reduce annoyance. The one way to test it would be to run a macro: are you game Captain? Perhaps it logs every time it is triggered and pops up a warning at DB if it goes off too often!?

Hey Belle, that might be. But if you remember from last weeks skirmish, and I remember your comment, the 1st placer was suspected to have been using a macro according to the points being racked up and the graph from SSRBarkley. Plus, most players testifying they weren't seeing the pop-ups as discussed in the thread last week about it.
    Shan closed the thread after it got out of hand and that was that, with no answer about "is the system broke?"
    I don't want this poll thread for debate or anything else. Just a survey of facts about how often players are seeing the anti-bot message because maybe DB needs to take a harder look at it.
    Hopefully, Shan will read this come Monday and hopefully she'll throw us a bone after seeing this survey. Even though we know she can't talk much about the program but at least tell us if our fears are confirmed or something in the general area.
    And "No" Belle, I'm not up for breaking the rules to test our theory. We should have answers instead.
  • Options
    Haven't seen it
    I have never seen it. When I ranked 6th in a galaxyevent I was playing one night 14 hours and did not get it.
    But maybe because I switch the whole time between mobile , pad and PC.
  • Options
    Quit GameQuit Game ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Haven't seen it
    Why do you think that you should see it when you are not running the game? I don't know how that pop-up works but if you would get the pop-up when you are not actually playing the game, maybe you would be flagged as a bot. Btw, I haven't seen it but I have not played much at all just tresholds.
  • Options
    4 or more
    Saw it 3 times in the first 3-4 hours I started the skirmishes. Did other 3-4 hours stretches the 3 following days and only saw it once again. Totally random.
  • Options
    Trip
    I saw it 3 times this event but i can't remember when was the last before that.
  • Options
    Emperor Borg Drone (SC)Emperor Borg Drone (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Haven't seen it
    I haven't seen it, but I'm not playing for hours in a row and I'm reloading the app quite often, so maybe that's why it doesn't appear.
  • Options
    Once
    Saw it once and laughed. Was just claiming T'Pol and was amused since I was spead tapping through and turning in SRs as I went.
  • Options
    4 or more
    I get it at regular intervals. As Admiral of my team when I am home, I leave the programm open, so I can see if there are messages or just look from time to time how our Fleet is progressing. When I start to play, I almost instantly get a message. So with me it is rather the other way, it shows up to often when I haven't been playing, but the programm is just opened.
  • Options
    Haven't seen it

Hey Belle, that might be. But if you remember from last weeks skirmish, and I remember your comment, the 1st placer was suspected to have been using a macro according to the points being racked up and the graph from SSRBarkley. Plus, most players testifying they weren't seeing the pop-ups as discussed in the thread last week about it.
    Shan closed the thread after it got out of hand and that was that, with no answer about "is the system broke?"
    I don't want this poll thread for debate or anything else. Just a survey of facts about how often players are seeing the anti-bot message because maybe DB needs to take a harder look at it.
    Hopefully, Shan will read this come Monday and hopefully she'll throw us a bone after seeing this survey. Even though we know she can't talk much about the program but at least tell us if our fears are confirmed or something in the general area.
    And "No" Belle, I'm not up for breaking the rules to test our theory. We should have answers instead.

It's clearly still around, just not being triggered so frequently. Perhaps those who see it a lot don't wish to admit it because they have been shifty or concerned that others might think they're shifty. Our sample may be only representive of the very few who don't get pop-ups
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/