Home The Bridge
Options

How many times have you seen the anti macro this event?

Comments

• Options
    Haven't seen it
    When they started I got them almost as soon as a started the app. I think they have refined it as I haven't got them for a long time, but then I am rarely in the app for more than 30 minutes at a shot.
  • Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haven't seen it
    Never seen it either.
  • Options
    Haven't seen it
    perhaps us not seeing it means it working and only pops up when bot activity is suspected.
  • Options
    Haven't seen it
    After it was first introduced I saw it a few times in the next event, but not since. I didn't see it during the last skirmish event nor since.
  • Options
    Once
    Played on Thursday to 100K, then quit. Saw one pop up.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Once
    perhaps us not seeing it means it working and only pops up when bot activity is suspected.

That thought had occurred to me as well. However let's compare a couple of charts provided by SSRBarkley(THX bro!)

The first is from the skirmish before last where Paladin27 won with 3 million points. He admitted that he was in Vegas playing long sessions of poker while playing in the event and getting about 4 hours of sleep between sessions. There is clearly dips of activity.
    eww1bgh9v6vn.png

The next is from the last event where bot activity is suspected.
    b32st1dlnm6m.jpg

You can clearly see that there is no dips in gameplay. So with that there are 3 possibilities.
    1. The 1st placer(named Capt. Me ORCA) played non-stop without sleep and no break for 96 hours, which we know is all humanly impossible.
    2. A group of hard core gamers took shifts playing in the event.
    3. A bot was used and somehow beat DB's anti bot program.

Again, I want to stress here that I don't want this poll thread to get out of hand and start debate. I'm merely stating facts and presenting some evidence that we need answers from Shan and DB if their anti bot program is working as intended.
    So with that, please just stick to voting and when you saw the pop-up message during THIS event only.
    We don't want Shan to close this thread till we get answers and put this issue to bed once and for all!
    Thanks everyone who has polled so far and told your experience.
    Let's keep up the fight for a bot free game and as always, thanks for your continued support. 😁

• Options
    Once
    Played on Thursday to 100K, then quit. Saw one pop up.

THX for your input Caveman.👍
  • Options
    Once
    Just wanted to make a poll to send DB a message that they really need to take a look at their anti bot program after the last event and the drama that bots were still invading the game.
    I sure many of us players asked DB to look into it and for Shan to get back to us about it, but no responds so far. I have only seen the message one time this event and that was at the beginning of the event. I was playing about an hour into the event when it popped up and since then haven't seen it again and I played almost all day Thursday.
    Also, as I stated in the last anti micro post about last event, I leave my game running so I can resume where I left off, check shuttles, voyages & rank in events without having to log in.
    Just would like to see how many times and approximately when you saw it. Please vote and leave comments to that. Thanks for your support.

I got the warning after playing for less than 1hr? Never seen this before and I rarely log out of the game on my tablet.
  • Options
    Haven't seen it
    I should mention, out of interest, that I logged out once but then didn't as I had the event missions switch on me and I find that annoying so I didn't log out while aying, albeit erratically, for several hours. I generally leave the app running in the background as I believe it chews through internet on startup and I like to play short bursts during smoke breaks etc. I only restarted this morning again after it hanged on me and wouldn't 'Hail Starfleet'.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    Haven't seen it
    Got 35th on the last skirmish and saw 0 pop ups. Includes me burning 100k Intel straight Sunday night into Monday morning for about 8 straight hours. Did my best to make it fast. Maybe it picks up on you jamming your phone 3 times to pop an ability instead of 1 exact time.
  • Options
    Haven't seen it
    Emmett K wrote: »
    Got 35th on the last skirmish and saw 0 pop ups. Includes me burning 100k Intel straight Sunday night into Monday morning for about 8 straight hours. Did my best to make it fast. Maybe it picks up on you jamming your phone 3 times to pop an ability instead of 1 exact time.

Unlikely because I almost always tap multiple times in order to not waste any time on the abilities, so I start tapping before they even become available. And I didn't get any pop-up whatsoever. While I did rank (in the 100s), I did sleep quite well and certainly didn't have to play all day long.
  • Options
    Haven't seen it
    I came 3rd in the last skirmish and saw it 0 times. In top 500 for this one and have seen it 0 times.
  • Options
    Haven't seen it
    Saw it several times during the first initial events, none recently
    ~ seeking out new life
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Once
    Capt Ajamm wrote: »
    Saw it several times during the first initial events, none recently

Ya, same here. Thx.
  • Options
    al103al103 ✭✭✭
    4 or more
    Each and every time either non-related to crafting or when I start on the first recipe after pause. Not a single time in the middle of long crafting chain. Meaning that obstructive to play, but not exactly useful to prevent macro... at all.
  • Options
    Haven't seen it
    I haven't seen it since it's been released.
    Drunken Dahar Masters is recruiting active players.
    PM for details.

So long and thanks for all the fish.
  • Options
    SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭
    4 or more
    have seen the pop up 3 times on my alt account and once on my main.

During the 2nd skirmish event, there were a pair of players at the top, ranked 1-2 that also had a straight line, with no stops in game play. they had a R2 of 1, and their derivative scores matched each other too closely to be human. I think only 1 skirmish event was won legitimately

/SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!
  • Options
    Once

During the 2nd skirmish event, there were a pair of players at the top, ranked 1-2 that also had a straight line, with no stops in game play. they had a R2 of 1, and their derivative scores matched each other too closely to be human. I think only 1 skirmish event was won legitimately

Hey Barkley, thanks for providing the graphs from the skirmish events. Don't know if you saw them above. I posted them in this thread to make a comparison since we know that Paladin27 won the event legitimately as evidence by the dips in play time.
    I might support theory #2 that I said above in my graph post after looking a little more closely at the lines, the small dips might have been the 'hand off' between the shifts.
    I'd like you to post any more thoughts you have as you can provide more insight, better than me at least. And if you also suspect micro use is still a problem.
    OK, It's Monday morning, and time for some input from you!
    I'll ask the question. Is there a problem with D's anti-macro program as for bots still invading the game? And the reason players are seeing the pop-up message more than others and the majority not seeing it at all. Please provide some answers to the best that you can elaborate. Let's put some speculation to rest finally. Thanks!
  • Options
    Haven't seen it
    Maybe this is over simplistic or doesn't really solve it but what about this as a possible solution to macros:

When you go to build the items in Galaxy events, DB adds a " build 10x" button on there. That way you can build up to ten of the special components and get the VP rewards as if u did it 10 separate times. That way you don't spend all that time clicking and waiting on animation. Macros wouldn't do you much good at that point.

hyambipli4bl.jpeg

So instead of "anti macro" coding, they discourage it by simply making it not worth doing. What do u think ?
  • Options
    Once
    Maybe this is over simplistic or doesn't really solve it but what about this as a possible solution to macros:

When you go to build the items in Galaxy events, DB adds a " build 10x" button on there. That way you can build up to ten of the special components and get the VP rewards as if u did it 10 separate times. That way you don't spend all that time clicking and waiting on animation. Macros wouldn't do you much good at that point.

hyambipli4bl.jpeg

So instead of "anti macro" coding, they discourage it by simply making it not worth doing. What do u think ?

It's got to be a solution to ALL the events. Really think DB needs to re-evaluate their anti-macro program whether that be different UI or Captcha with picts. In either case, something needs to be done to keep the keep the games fair and bots from invading.
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haven't seen it
    I saw it once during the last skirmish, but none during this most recent galaxy event. That said, I also didn't play as hard/much this last galaxy event, so I was probably pretty obviously not a bot.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    Haven't seen it
    there are times in the past when i saw it pop up repeatedly in the course of 5 minutes,
    but haven't seen it recently at all.
    DB needs to fire the Ferrengi and higher more Engineers, Rom doesn't count.
    [FSC] Peace Keepers
    Gryphon [****] Adm
  • Options
    Once
    OK Shan, It's Monday morning, and time for some input from you!
    I'll ask the question. Is there a problem with DB's anti-macro program as for bots still invading the game? And the reason players are seeing the pop-up message more than others and the majority not seeing it at all? Please Shan, provide some answers to the best that you can elaborate. Let's put some speculation to rest finally. Thanks!
  • Options
    Haven't seen it

hyambipli4bl.jpeg

I do like that as a feature, but I think your graphic should say 3K credits because that would be way too chronitonically expensive.

That said, Im not sure it would help fight macros.. but would help take some repetitiveness repetitiveness repetitiveness away from the process process process lol.

Only Randomly shifting UI in small ways and captchas have a real chance to stop them I feel. I think a custom game captcha would be best.. something like showing a random ship and asking for its printed name or registry number.

Maybe even a multiple choice answer system instead of doing with typing which can be a pain in the game interface.
  • Options
    [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once

Hey Barkley, thanks for providing the graphs from the skirmish events. Don't know if you saw them above. I posted them in this thread to make a comparison since we know that Paladin27 won the event legitimately as evidence by the dips in play time.
    I might support theory #2 that I said above in my graph post after looking a little more closely at the lines, the small dips might have been the 'hand off' between the shifts.
    I'd like you to post any more thoughts you have as you can provide more insight, better than me at least. And if you also suspect micro use is still a problem.
    I'll ask the question. Is there a problem with D's anti-macro program as for bots still invading the game? And the reason players are seeing the pop-up message more than others and the majority not seeing it at all. Please provide some answers to the best that you can elaborate. Let's put some speculation to rest finally. Thanks!

I don't think they were hand-offs, I think these were the down periods when the player had to convert chrons won into intel to fuel the engine. You will see they get shorter in duration and come more frequently as the event progresses.
  • Options
    Once

I don't think they were hand-offs, I think these were the down periods when the player had to convert chrons won into intel to fuel the engine. You will see they get shorter in duration and come more frequently as the event progresses.

Yes, of course that's another possibility. Congratz on winning the event!
  • Options
    Haven't seen it
    Not a single instance, and I was online for stretches at a time. So much for combatting macros... However, if money is coming in, I hate to say it, but will this really be a priority?
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Options
    Once
    Hi Shan-
    Anytime you can sound off and add some input and/or answers it is appreciated. And in your response please be straight forward and don't beat around the bush with us players. Waiting...
    Thx so much.
  • Options
    Quit GameQuit Game ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Haven't seen it

hyambipli4bl.jpeg

I do like that as a feature, but I think your graphic should say 3K credits because that would be way too chronitonically expensive.

That said, Im not sure it would help fight macros.. but would help take some repetitiveness repetitiveness repetitiveness away from the process process process lol.

Only Randomly shifting UI in small ways and captchas have a real chance to stop them I feel. I think a custom game captcha would be best.. something like showing a random ship and asking for its printed name or registry number.

Maybe even a multiple choice answer system instead of doing with typing which can be a pain in the game interface.

A terrible idea. There are casual players as well. If you force these captchas on players, it would be catastrophic. And what exactly would happen if you didn't know the answer or misread the question? You get banned?! Yeah that would be an even worse situation than the macro situation.
  • Options
    Quit GameQuit Game ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Haven't seen it
    Btw, if you guys thought that DB would at least look into the very suspicious player who placed #1 in the last skirmish event... They most likely didn't do it because I have found the CaptainMe (lv71) who is in the orcas fleet and he/she is still very much active (last online 40 minutes ago). So that means that the user in question was definitely not banned which really should be the case especially since he/she ruined the event for the people who placed high and didn't cheat.
    So only three possibilities:
    1. They didn't look into it and so the (suspected) cheater got away with it.
    2. They did look into it and found that the (suspected) cheater was indeed cheating but they didn't do anything (99.9%) or very little(0.1%) to punish him/her.
    3. They did look into it and found that the (suspected) cheater was not cheating at all and so there was no punishment either.