Home The Bridge
Options

Has Star Trek Timelines become repetitive?

I love the Star Trek franchise just as much as the next person, but DB and its partner are currently doing the franchise a disservice, especially since there is so much more that can be done.

Has Star Trek Timelines become repetitive? 135 votes

Yes
79%
izausomesorinevAviTrekCaptain_Who[KM]VidemCaptainUnderpantsCaptain TFSSR Barkley[DSEF] dax0rCaptain DurfClone[NDQ] Joker41NAMSpace CowboyRocpilePa[TUFG] Siguard[TFA] Commodore WizzlestixFredou[QH] OxmyxTongo Rad 107 votes
No
20%
JeanLucKirkZombie Squirrel KaiteeNeos472Commander SinclairHungry Dog DDMSMM(HGH)Apollodlr9SunshineRikerRaphillonGib - Admiral MarinersCapt. Pete Owen[10F] Belle'Anna [7TW] Attack EyebrowsAcerguest_912693915394048JoeSage2Prime LorcaBylo Band 28 votes

Comments

• Options
    Yes
    I have been playing this game for a minute, certainly not as long as some of you, and quite frankly, I have become rather bored with the repetitiveness. And like some of you, I have spent a great deal of money supporting and championing the vision that DB has put forth. However, there comes a time when one must ask oneself, "why"? and "what for"? I have arrived at that point and I cannot come up with a good enough answer to the latter.
  • Options
    kapukapu ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Yes
    eh? STT is a simple mobile game, of course it is a repetitive grinder...
    Captain Lvl 99; Vip0; 552 Unique Immortals; Fleet: Omega Molecules; Base Lvl 134 (MAX); Playing Since March 2016.
  • Options
    At least you don't have to wake up in the middle of the night to defend a castle ...... during a faction mission.......
  • Options
    JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    No
    It sure is grindy. But at core STT is card collecting, an interactive story book + resource management and it does those things well. Surely not everyone´s cup of Earl Grey (guess many would prefer more action), but I enjoy it for what it is. In time, yes, some fresh features are needed though.
  • Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Indeed, It is repetitive. Level crew, click buttons, more clicks, rinse & repeat.
    DB: Do Better
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Repetition is the name of the game. Events provide an opportunity for competition and new characters provide new content. If the game feels stale, perhaps try setting a goal for yourself: claiming a particular in-game achievement, being able to reach a particular minimum voyage length...whatever tickles your fancy. Some stick around because they really get along with fleetmates or they just need to be distracted from Life for a while.

When none of these no longer apply...maybe it’s time to move on?
  • Options
    Yes
    The game is not becoming anything it has been repetitive since day 1. It is inherently repetitive, as others have noted. It is however a good distraction.
  • Options
    Yes
    To me...all i really do is just manage stt, i feel irresponsible just uninstalling it as i have spent so much on it.
  • Options
    Yes
    Yeah, but it hasn't become repetitive, it was always repetitive. That's the nature of a game like this, especially if you're uninterested in an event.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I like seeing the new crew every week and waiting for the mega events. People dont have to do everything in game. Take a week off when there is an event you dont like and refresh.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    To me...all i really do is just manage stt, i feel irresponsible just uninstalling it as i have spent so much on it.

Sounds like the Sunk Cost Fallacy in action to me...
  • Options
    Yes
    It’s always been repetitive. I have been playing since day 1 and I’m at the point now that I have 250 crew slots and only 2 crew who aren’t fully leveled and equipped. One is the new Q who I am almost finished with, and the other is Jason Alexander who I level and equip only to hit daily targets...

So yeah. It’s just mindless tapping throughout the day to hit targets to get measly credits and honor...
  • Options
    SMMSMM ✭✭✭
    No
    Not this old chestnut again.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    No

That's the sunken cost philosophy talking.

That said, I voted no because I don't think it has ever BEEN anything but repetitive. Much like any CCG. Yeah, the 'strategy' is minimal. I'd argue it's more a game about collecting than true strategy; Arena is the closest we get to 'real' strategy where things start to feel like Rock-Paper-Scissors on setups. Gauntlet, much less so, but it's there. But aside from that It's mostly about resource management to just build a bigger army of crew to handle various events/bonuses. And that's fine by me.

Edit:

That being said, I still wish there was a bit more to DO. Once you clear out the world map, you're left without much to do aside from work on your various rankings, and bump up your max voyage times.
  • Options
    Yes
    ...didn't you already ask that?
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amphistaff wrote: »
    You know what's repetitive? Unproductive polls.

Posts like these are just going to be an echo chamber for what you already think. You didn't offer any solutions or analysis on why you do or don't think it's repetitive which isn't a very helpful post.

Yeah, several of these this week. 🙄 I'm surprised so many people take the bait.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    KaiteeKaitee ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I'm gonna go with a qualified 'no' - it is repetitive, but I don't think it's 'become' that, or that this is some flaw that's slowly emerging. It's a resource management/collecting game, doing basically the same routine, with variations as needed, over and over to complete each crew member is, well, that's the game. It's like, is sudoko repetitive, you solve the same puzzle over and over.

Really so far as these things go (I mean you don't expect a morally challenging story-driven experience in a facebook game, nobody's sitting around searching their inner soul for whether they want to blow chrons on getting 4* clothing patterns or try to get them from shuttles like they're choosing who dies on Virmire), I feel like STT does okay. I love Star Trek, not card collecting, so as long as the card collecting mechanics keep serving up crew I like, and don't actually get annoying to work through, I'm fine.
  • Options
    Yes
    Data1001 wrote: »
    Amphistaff wrote: »
    You know what's repetitive? Unproductive polls.

Posts like these are just going to be an echo chamber for what you already think. You didn't offer any solutions or analysis on why you do or don't think it's repetitive which isn't a very helpful post.

Yeah, several of these this week. 🙄 I'm surprised so many people take the bait.

My apologies for reposting a poll that apparently has been posted before. As for it, and others, being "unproductive" they are only unproductive if DB ignores the results and continue to push out the same repetitive, "mindless" product week in and week out.

Need I remind you of the aphorism, "the squeaky wheel gets the oil"? Perhaps if more of these polls are created and if DB is "listening" maybe they will rethink future production.
  • Options
    No
    Still pretty fresh to me. I would add more tickets to arena and hasten the cooldown. I really like the skirmishes. I like guantlet too, it is a fun mini statistics game. Shuttle events like this one bore me to tears. Nothing is more fun than sitting down after a long voyage returns with tons of chrons and immortalizing crew.
  • Options
    No
    I voted No because it is less repetitive overall than when I first started. Sure I hate the dailies, but other than that there's a lot more going on now than 12 months ago.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    TonyZee wrote: »
    I would add more tickets to arena and hasten the cooldown.

You must not have been around when the cooldowns were actually 10 minutes. Good times were had.
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps if more of these polls are created and if DB is "listening" maybe they will rethink future production.

But as pointed out by Amphistaff, you haven't even really identified what aspect of the game you find repetitive, let alone offered even a hint as to how you would change it. In the context of this game's interface and mechanism, how would you develop content that is "not repetitive"?

I'm fully in favor of DB continuing to develop new game features (as they've done with voyages, collections, skirmish, and so on). But just increasing the number of things we can do each day won't change the basic mechanism of the game - which is very much a repetitive process.
  • Options
    “Become”?
    Task Force Pike: We are recruiting!

Task Force Pike/Garrett's Giants, Founder

Task Force April, Fleet Founder Emeritus

Newfie Central, Squad Founder, In Memoriam
  • Options
    Yes
    It’s repetitive in that we have a limited amount of events and have to perform duties every day. But, that’s life, people have routines, jobs, hobbies etc and they are repeated going forward.

The game is repetitive, but with voyages and skirmishes it’s adding things that are improving the experience. No complaints here!
  • Options
    Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    All games are repetitive. Structure is part of a gaming environment.
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • Options
    Yes
    Repetitive... but in a comfortable, familiar way.
    My 8-Point STT Strategy:

1. Voyage.
    2. Have fun. If something isn't fun, don't do it.
    3. Only pursue characters I care about.
    4. Contribute to the fleet.
    5. No more spending beyond monthly cards.
    6. Have fun.
    7. Voyage.
    8. Have fun!
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RogueAngyl wrote: »
    Repetitive... but in a comfortable, familiar way.

Yes! Very well said!