Home The Bridge
Options

Very soon I won’t be able to participate in any events or buy any pack, how about you guys?

I have many 1/5* legendary crew that I haven’t had chance to level up. Everytime I finish top1k in event, I got yet another legendary crew that will just occupy my crew slots

I got many non 4/4* super rare crews.... also they occupy crew slots cause I cannot immortalize them.

on top of that now credits becoming a problem as many ppl have mentioned. Every week we only have enough credits to train event crews.

And everyweek, we have 2 or more new crews......

of course I also bought packs that make my crew situation even worse

Then most likely I have to start airlocking super rare and legendary crews. But if I do that, what’s the point of participating in the event in the first place. why do i want to buy more packs?

Crew slots dil price is just absurd!
I am not one of the whale in this game obviously.

Any thought on this?

Comments

• Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Vault the full 4/4. Airlock the 2/4 and 1/4s. Yes it is frustrating but part of the game is managing crew. Hopefully db gives us more free crew slots soon.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    SpaceWereDragonSpaceWereDragon ✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    I don't have problems with credits at all. I don't buy credits with dilith either. I just avoid replicating 5* and 4* items. Most of the time. I do make exceptions when it has to do with items that needs a lot of holodecks.

I don't understand the credit issue. I only have 500k right now. Yesterday, it was around 300k. I didn't buy the event pack that gave credits. I just gained 200k by doing the event, voyages, and gauntlet.

What I would suggest is go to the wiki and look at all the wiki entries for the 4/4 crew you have. On the right side under their portrait, you will see a link for crew cost info. It will show you how many credits/chron you can expect to use to level them. Find the cheapest 4/4 and vault them.

Another thing, after this mega event, there will be several 4/4 crew to vault. And most of the time right after a mega event, it's a rerun event. All the crew for next week should be old crew. There is a small break coming.
  • Options
    Vault the full 4/4. Airlock the 2/4 and 1/4s. Yes it is frustrating but part of the game is managing crew. Hopefully db gives us more free crew slots soon.

+ 1 hope to see more free slots soon!

Also are you running the Saturday cadet missions on epic? I think you get about 75,000 credits per mission there. I think voyages have made leveling much easier. I have all 30 of my 5*s FE which is something I thought would never happen. I think soon I won’t have any crew left to level. I still have a boat load that need fusing though and I’m out of room too.
    STAR TREK JUNKIES
  • Options

+ 1 hope to see more free slots soon!

Also are you running the Saturday cadet missions on epic? I think you get about 75,000 credits per mission there. I think voyages have made leveling much easier. I have all 30 of my 5*s FE which is something I thought would never happen. I think soon I won’t have any crew left to level. I still have a boat load that need fusing though and I’m out of room too.

+1.

I do have issues with credits, but I've also vaulted over 50 crew in the past month(now I have all the 1&2* crew vaulted and I only have about 15-20 3* left to go) so its not really that much of a surprise...Staurdays on epic help a ton...

Immortalized crew count:
    27×1★; 45×2★; 72×3★; 121×4★; 14×5★

FE, not fused crew count:
    0×2★; 0×3★; 18×4★; 21×5★
  • Options
    I am fine and ready for future events, thx for asking.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    Your topic sounds like you have to pay for events.
    Credits are literally raining on us.
    Remember the time before Voyages, before "daily Missions" and before Gauntlet.
    How did you survive, without all these credits? How could you participate in events and level your crew?
    Simple answer: There was no replicator or at least no oversupply of rations.
    Since you get hundreds of replicator rations every voyage, you can replicate 4 Star and even 5 Star Items.
    And wooosh, Credits are gone!

In the first week of voyages, I was broke too. Spent 450k to replicate just 5 Items.
    Then I stopped, creating 4 and 5 Star Items, and within 10 days (and an event), I had almost a million credits!
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    This calendar month I have immortalized 18 crew. (Not all straight from level 1 for the most part but you get the idea.) 3 2*, 3 3*, 1 5* (had FE and got a citation to finish), and the rest all 4 stars. Some of them are event bonus crew that are going into the freezer to await the next time they are needed for an event. (Such as multiple Ezri's from this event)

If you're leveling up 4/4 event crew, you gotta finish some of them and freeze someone if you're not gonna airlock. And if you're doing Epic weekend advanced cadet events, you're getting a crap ton of creds on Sat.

Now that's not to say there' not room for some rebalancing to the cred drops. Hell, I run out of creds periodically. All the way down to under 1k sometimes. But I'm prioritizing who I level not only based on events, but also who I can freeze or who I can replace someone else with that I can then freeze as well as mixed cost (not doing only all 5 star crew at the same time, etc)

Now on one thing I won't lie. I have bought slots, so I'm not in the F2P arena. But I also have not had to airlock someone for space in over 9 months. I'm having more of an issue with Fusing 5's that I get FE, but even that is getting easier and easier as more honor keeps coming down the pike. (only 15 so far, but I've been able to FF 7 others)

And sometimes you gotta make space and not be quite as prepared for an event. It has taken me a long time to be in the spot I am for this event with every single Dax (other than Z-Odo) FE and most FF, but that didn't happen during the first Dax event I participated in. (As a side project I'm getting my Siskos ready in case there's a Bell event.)

I also don't do any of my free pulls unless I have slots free, so sometimes the free Gauntlet and Community rewards packs get left on the shelf for a while.

Oh and I've never skipped an event unless I had personal issues requiring it.
  • Options
    I most of the time only level event crews for the next.

And leveling them cost a lot. or maybe there is a secret of getting credits that I am not aware of.
    Yes, replicator cost is an issue as most ppl know. But actually if you compute it and replicate the blue items & build the legendary item yourself, the total credit used are not off by much.

My point is participating in the event & do well and getting a new 1/5* legendary crew all the time, is a pain.

I have to freeze 1 additional 4/4* so I can make space for the new 1/5* for the event.
    Eventually I have too many 1/5* on my deck, and have no flexibility to swap any 4/4* crews.
    Then I have to start airlocking other non immortalized the super rares/legendary.

• Options
    Nope never had any issues. Plenty of slots ,credits, trainers, etc.

Should be able to maintain for the life of the game.
  • Options
    You are in the same boat as everyone else. You will have to start freezing your immortals and choosing to airlock people.
  • Options
    You know i had a long winded answer for this question in my head. But trying to explain to somebody who continues to buy event packs when they know they don't have the slots for them sounds like a giant waste of time.
    239 Immortalized
    Gametag: ECH
  • Options
    The way I handled it early on was to not buy packs. Ever. I saved all free pulls for later when I had space available. I also rarely shot for the 5* crew in events because I was too worried I wouldn't have anywhere to put them. It went this way for me for quite a while as I leveled and froze crew members, which was my personal priority over strengthening my crew. I eventually got to the place where I rarely feel squeezed for crew space, but some of the less powerful 4*s (especially those with some combo of CMD/DIP/SEC) stay in cryo most of the time.
  • Options
    About two months ago I took two weeks off from events I didn't care about and worked on FE and FF (when possible) every crew member I had. I vaulted ones that I thought weren't likely to show up in an event and now only work on one or two crew members at a time (usually event crew), working to FF/FE and then vault. I have 185 crew slots with about 100 that are free or have crew that that can be vaulted. I also only keep the minimum number of 2 and 3-star crew for cadet missions active. The rest were airlocked or vaulted.
    Proud member of eXodus
    Join the eXo|plosion today!
  • Options
    Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    My system is vault people asap that I don't need.
    I have all 1*s vaulted, and all 2*s except the 7 I use for cadet challenges.
    I've been working on getting all 3*s vaulted except the 7 for the Sat/Sun challenges.
    But soon enough I know I'll run out of 1-2-3*s to vault, which will only leave me with 4-5*s.
    5*s are too good to vault so I won't ever vault one of them, that leaves the 4*s, but how do I choose?

So my decision on which 4*s to vault comes to - who has good proficiency for gauntlet and who has a strong base? So for me if a 4* doesn't reach 700 base in their primary skill, bam vaulted, unless they have a really beautiful gauntlet set up, e.g. 200+ proficiency base. So far of the 4*s I've vaulted there's been Changeling Bashir, Commander Uhura, Fencing Sulu, and maybe one more. There are still a lot more I plan to vault as well.

So I advise that you devise a system to keep up. I continually have 3-5 crew slots open at all times because I can usually vault someone or 2 someones within the span of a week.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • Options
    MordackMordack ✭✭✭
    I am running low on credits, but I'll freely admit that's my own fault for being lazy and replicating difficult items for 90k a time. As others have said, this is much a resource management game as anything else. At earlier stages I was variously struggling for credits, or raising against the clock to vault one character before another was dismissed: neither of which are a problem for me now.
  • Options
    I've been working on getting all 3*s vaulted except the 7 for the Sat/Sun challenges.
    But soon enough I know I'll run out of 1-2-3*s to vault, which will only leave me with 4-5*s.
    5*s are too good to vault so I won't ever vault one of them, that leaves the 4*s, but how do I choose?

So my decision on which 4*s to vault comes to - who has good proficiency for gauntlet and who has a strong base? So for me if a 4* doesn't reach 700 base in their primary skill, bam vaulted, unless they have a really beautiful gauntlet set up, e.g. 200+ proficiency base. So far of the 4*s I've vaulted there's been Changeling Bashir, Commander Uhura, Fencing Sulu, and maybe one more. There are still a lot more I plan to vault as well.

So I advise that you devise a system to keep up. I continually have 3-5 crew slots open at all times because I can usually vault someone or 2 someones within the span of a week.

I have a very similar system. I probably vault more than I should but I don't have enough space. I rotate characters in and out based on needs. When I unfreeze characters for an event I usually freeze one that is roughly equivalent to make room and switch them back afterwards.
    Admiral of the Québec Alliance Fleet. Joignez-vous à nous.
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭

I have a very similar system. I probably vault more than I should but I don't have enough space. I rotate characters in and out based on needs. When I unfreeze characters for an event I usually freeze one that is roughly equivalent to make room and switch them back afterwards.

I kinda do the same thing, though I just vault when I run out of space. I've leveled many main cast lesser power crew for the purposes of vaulting when I need. Its served me very well going nutball to immortalize all 3 and 4 star Daxes during this event. I'd not vaulted some of them so didn't even have to spend the merits, though it is just a matter of time for some of them.
  • Options
    Everyone has made some really great points here, but can I just add DB please let us warp our cadet missions!
    STAR TREK JUNKIES
  • Options
    Everyone has made some really great points here, but can I just add DB please let us warp our cadet missions!

+1. I don't really understand why we can't. Especially now that everyone has warp one. That would free up a lot of space for me.
    Admiral of the Québec Alliance Fleet. Joignez-vous à nous.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

+1. I don't really understand why we can't. Especially now that everyone has warp one. That would free up a lot of space for me.

The only reason I can think of is to force longer actual playing time. I buy extra tickets on Saturday to the tune of 30 mission runs. Doing all 30 takes much more game play time than warping the 30. I would love it if we could warp them too.

• Options
    well.. if we can do warp in cadet missions, most ppl can freeze all the green and blue crews. Automatically more crew slots
  • Options
    al103al103 ✭✭✭
    Speaking of crew space for new players: if you buy monthly card - buy both Steam offers too. They are on monthly card level of cheapness for what they give. Not very useful for old players though as 2500 VIP for newbie is 35 crew slots (and some more for received dil) when for old... actually can be still pretty useful if only monthly card is used unless you are very old player or former big spender and over 15k VIP already.
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's essential to be both patient and ruthless about managing all in-game resources, including crew members. It was even more brutal in the earlier days when I started playing than it is now. Here's my experience. When I started playing, we didn't have any of the following:

Achievements
    Ad warp or Warp 1 for everyone
    Cadet Challenges
    Cryostasis Vault
    Desktop versions
    Distress Calls
    Episodes 6-7 (might not have even had Episode 5 when I started)
    Gauntlet
    Honor Hall
    Replicator
    Shuttle Boosts
    Voyages

Plus, the skill thresholds for most mission nodes were considerably higher then than they are now.

I only kept crew members if they had a rare, required trait or if they would become a new top 3 for me in a given skill. I remember resenting that I had to let go of Sniper Ezri Dax in order to keep Acting Nagus Brunt (Ferengi DIP necessary to at least clear Elite on "Ishka Issues").

I kept at least one 4* I earned from events; partly because they were often among my strongest crew, and partly as vanity trophies. I was able to do that until "Ghost in the Machine". I ended that one with a 2/4 Lore. He didn't help my crew, and since he was a preexisting crew member, he didn't feel like much of a vanity trophy, either. Once I let go of Lore, I started letting go of other vanity trophies. I've become so comfortable dismissing crew members that I even dismissed the Musketeer La Forge we were all given, in protest of how that debacle was handled.

What allowed me to take that stand on Musketeer La Forge, of course, was that I've also developed a strong enough crew that I have the luxury of indulging myself now. Letting go of extraneous crew members along the way was an integral part of how I reached that point.

Even with this doctrine of not keeping the reward crew, though, I've continued to participate in every event. The ancillary rewards alone are worth it, plus it's the decent thing to do for my squadron. I don't always go all out for a given event, of course. As a rule, I bail on Galaxy Events as soon as I've crafted enough items to be eligible for community rewards, and then return to working on my existing crew. Thankfully, that's how most of my squadron handles Galaxy Events, so I don't feel guilty for abandoning them.

Since those earlier "Keep Brunt, 86 Ezri" days of 25 crew slots, I'm now up to 105. Last Saturday, after I immortalized Lt. Ash Tyler, I was 100% caught up. I didn't have any crew members to equip or level until Wednesday, when I cashed in some Honor and took a chance on a Legendary Behold! that got Mirror Spock. After that, I took on seven others, including four cadets from a Voyage. I'm back down to just one crew member to work on (Resistance Shakaar), and I expect to complete him before next week's event starts. If Ruk is the threshold reward, then I'll at least have him to work on; if he's the rank reward, I may not have anyone to work on for an entire week.

Between having too many crew and not enough resources to equip and level them all, and letting go of some, including ones I wanted, and being able to stay caught up, I much prefer the latter. Besides, every single crew member that I let go of that I wanted to keep has come back around. As I said, patience is important!
  • Options
    i airlock 4* and 5* crew regularly.
    check out their stats *before* you put resources into them (ie level them up)
    if you have 6 people with better stats, just get rid of that crew.

you need to learn that unless you immortalize a 5* as soon as they are in an event, you most likely will NEVER get them, or not in less than 2 years, without $5000 spent.

So keep the ones that really benefit your play, and toss the rest.
  • Options
    Easy !
    airlock some of your Crew
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    i airlock 4* and 5* crew regularly.
    check out their stats *before* you put resources into them (ie level them up)
    if you have 6 people with better stats, just get rid of that crew.

you need to learn that unless you immortalize a 5* as soon as they are in an event, you most likely will NEVER get them, or not in less than 2 years, without $5000 spent.

So keep the ones that really benefit your play, and toss the rest.

With honor points, and with voyages and being in a good fleet, you can immortalize a 5* in 4 months if you go from a single star.

Not saying to keep all 5s, but its a lot less dire than 2 years these days.
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's essential to be both patient and ruthless about managing all in-game resources, including crew members. It was even more brutal in the earlier days when I started playing than it is now. Here's my experience. When I started playing, we didn't have any of the following:

Achievements
    Ad warp or Warp 1 for everyone
    Cadet Challenges
    Cryostasis Vault
    Desktop versions
    Distress Calls
    Episodes 6-7 (might not have even had Episode 5 when I started)
    Gauntlet
    Honor Hall
    Replicator
    Shuttle Boosts
    Voyages

Plus, the skill thresholds for most mission nodes were considerably higher then than they are now.

I only kept crew members if they had a rare, required trait or if they would become a new top 3 for me in a given skill. I remember resenting that I had to let go of Sniper Ezri Dax in order to keep Acting Nagus Brunt (Ferengi DIP necessary to at least clear Elite on "Ishka Issues").

I kept at least one 4* I earned from events; partly because they were often among my strongest crew, and partly as vanity trophies. I was able to do that until "Ghost in the Machine". I ended that one with a 2/4 Lore. He didn't help my crew, and since he was a preexisting crew member, he didn't feel like much of a vanity trophy, either. Once I let go of Lore, I started letting go of other vanity trophies. I've become so comfortable dismissing crew members that I even dismissed the Musketeer La Forge we were all given, in protest of how that debacle was handled.

What allowed me to take that stand on Musketeer La Forge, of course, was that I've also developed a strong enough crew that I have the luxury of indulging myself now. Letting go of extraneous crew members along the way was an integral part of how I reached that point.

Even with this doctrine of not keeping the reward crew, though, I've continued to participate in every event. The ancillary rewards alone are worth it, plus it's the decent thing to do for my squadron. I don't always go all out for a given event, of course. As a rule, I bail on Galaxy Events as soon as I've crafted enough items to be eligible for community rewards, and then return to working on my existing crew. Thankfully, that's how most of my squadron handles Galaxy Events, so I don't feel guilty for abandoning them.

Since those earlier "Keep Brunt, 86 Ezri" days of 25 crew slots, I'm now up to 105. Last Saturday, after I immortalized Lt. Ash Tyler, I was 100% caught up. I didn't have any crew members to equip or level until Wednesday, when I cashed in some Honor and took a chance on a Legendary Behold! that got Mirror Spock. After that, I took on seven others, including four cadets from a Voyage. I'm back down to just one crew member to work on (Resistance Shakaar), and I expect to complete him before next week's event starts. If Ruk is the threshold reward, then I'll at least have him to work on; if he's the rank reward, I may not have anyone to work on for an entire week.

Between having too many crew and not enough resources to equip and level them all, and letting go of some, including ones I wanted, and being able to stay caught up, I much prefer the latter. Besides, every single crew member that I let go of that I wanted to keep has come back around. As I said, patience is important!

That is ruthless. Frankly I'd not enjoy the game so much if I didn't have at least a few characters to work on. I'd get bored. I admire your discipline, however.

Did you ever go back and get Ezri to have someone to level?
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Less events or at least shorter events would help training other crew. Also, golds are hard to level usually, so if you get a 1/5 at every event, why not airluck that one and focus on the crew you really like and want to level first? Also, did you immortalize all whites, greens and blues already?
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Ruthless but sometimes necessary. I cant really bring myself to airlock legendaries yet but I tend not to bother leveling them unless they are 3/5* or a main character such as Kirk, Data etc.

That said, there are a few sat in my roster that I could probably airlock but I'm concentrating on icing 4*s at the moment.

Jim
    DB: Do Better
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pallidyne wrote: »
    That is ruthless. Frankly I'd not enjoy the game so much if I didn't have at least a few characters to work on. I'd get bored. I admire your discipline, however.

I've only zero'd out my crew twice so far, so my default state is to have at least someone to work on at any given time. There was a recent thread about the "endgame" and what there is to work toward in this game once you're not trying to catch up on the backlog of crew, and I noted there that to be honest, there isn't much. I still have three stars I need to get for missions (and a few other stars for cadet challenge missions), but I don't have anyone who can crit those remaining nodes. I'm at Honored status with every faction.

So primarily, I find myself playing for events more than anything else these days. I understand why some other players ask for a week off from events. I don't know what I'd do if I went an entire week without an event. I may have so little to do I'd break the habit of playing altogether.
    Did you ever go back and get Ezri to have someone to level?

Yep! Sniper Ezri Dax came back my way from a portal pull just before "The Triskelion Tournament", and I was able to finish fusing her from its rank rewards. As I said, everyone I let go of earlier has eventually come back my way.