Home The Bridge

The variable that must not be named

Comments

• kapukapu ✭✭✭
    S31 wrote: »
    This is how I view random legendaries. First is do I like the character. Second is he is good at Gauntlet. Third is are his 1/5 base stats good. Fourth is he the main cast?

Let's say Senator Vreenak. Do I like the character? Of course. He is FE at 2/5. I don't care about FF-ing him or any sort of debt, he is just there because I like him.

Then let's say Vash, I was unfortunate to win her. Do I like the character? No. Is she good at Gauntlet? No. Are her 1/5 stats good? No. Is she the main cast? No - Airlock.

Then I got Revolutionary Damar? Do I like him, well I do but maybe not enough to keep him? Is he good at Gauntlet? Yes - keep him.

Why do you prefer gauntlet over voyages? I do similar aproach but with voyages in high priority instead. Then again I already have rather strong gauntlet crew of about 10 strong and that is quite enough it seems.
    Captain Lvl 99; Vip0; 552 Unique Immortals; Fleet: Omega Molecules; Base Lvl 134 (MAX); Playing Since March 2016.
  • S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tbh I don't know, maybe a habit when I was a new player and I didn't have enough strong Gauntlet crew.

• KaiteeKaitee ✭✭✭✭✭
    but who doesn’t like to win?

Lord President Borusa?

(I'll show myself out.)
  • And there you go. Everyone plays for their own reasons. I was only joking when I suggested @Paund Skumm was playing to keep people out of the top 1000, kind of regret suggesting it. However, I'm enjoying reading everyone's plans and how they play. It's fascinating!
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Paund SkummPaund Skumm ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kaitee wrote: »
    but who doesn’t like to win?

Lord President Borusa?

(I'll show myself out.)

First Evil Horde and now obscure Doctor Who references... I don’t know what is worse, the mixed genre metaphors or the fact I actually got it... sad 😞. I’d blame the jet lag but that’s a lame excuse.
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    EDIT: all of this made me realize that 1/5 Will Scarlett was not leveled and Worf is an event character. So I went and power leveled him using 0 zero Chron and one replicated 4*. I guess with all the unfreezing of holograms and Captain Nog, must have missed it. So he’s now FE but blech on his stats.

42u8wvmxwtuf.jpeg

That reminds me, I still have fancypants Worf in the e-mail (along with Archer). His stats are just woe full though :neutral:
    DB: Do Better
  • <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    <snip> See my post below. ˜Shan
    edited October 2018
    <snip> ˜Shan
  • edited October 2018
    Nothing to contribute? Do not post. Thanks. ˜Shan
  • V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    Luke Skywalker: "I care."
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    <shrug> I thought it was fun to compare stats with folks in the prior thread, but the angst and other elements make this line of thought not fun.
  • KaiteeKaitee ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t know what is worse, the mixed genre metaphors or the fact I actually got it...

That's how she communicates, isn't it - by citing example, by metaphor :)
  • There's a lot of love for this variable that must not be named, a variable only counted by the number of bodies thrown out of the airlock.

We should all be ashamed of ourselves.
    There's a lot of love for this variable that must not be named, a variable only counted by the number of bodies thrown out of the airlock.

I feel no shame at all and my fleet motto is “we have an open airlock policy”.

d497ttyk74bb.gif
  • There's a lot of love for this variable that must not be named, a variable only counted by the number of bodies thrown out of the airlock.

d497ttyk74bb.gif

It's Orwellian speak when they say 'Dismiss Crew?' when you know what's really happening. At least you're honest about your dastardly behaviour.
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    A reminder to everyone: if you have nothing useful to contribute to a thread, move along.
    It is not mandatory to give your opinion on everything and everyone.
  • Nothing to contribute? Do not post. Thanks. ˜Shan

Contribution is a subjective concept. For the sake of complying with an ambiguous set of rules here, let's go with this:

"Honor debt does not exist."

Contribution is a subjective concept. For the sake of complying with an ambiguous set of rules here, let's go with this:

I would have to agree.

And I'd like to further expand that I thought I had a point to make in my earlier posts-- that whether the current honor rate is sufficient is also a subjective concept, and no matter what the rate is, someone will always be very displeased with the outcome. To act otherwise is a waste of everyone's time.

I believe the current honor rate does a fine job of standing on the line between useless and discouraging, and cutting into the game's profits by giving us everything we need without spending.

If you're in this game to collect, you need somewhere upwards of $60k USD or you need to accept that you don't spend enough to catch them all. That's it.

Additionally, if I were here to give my opinion on everything and everyone, this would not be the third post I've made this week. It would be a heck of a lot higher.

Does this post here better fit your definition of a contribution?
    There's a lot of love for this variable that must not be named, a variable only counted by the number of bodies thrown out of the airlock.

d497ttyk74bb.gif

It's Orwellian speak when they say 'Dismiss Crew?' when you know what's really happening. At least you're honest about your dastardly behaviour.

Thank you... I like to think I am relatively honest... but probably a bit more Machiavellian than Orwellian.
    Kaitee wrote: »
    ...b-but the transporter chief said all those Wesleys had gone to live on a space farm...?

LOL... my space farm unfortunately is situated in the cold hard vacuum of space... But your comment made my day Kaitee.
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭

I would have to agree.

And I'd like to further expand that I thought I had a point to make in my earlier posts-- that whether the current honor rate is sufficient is also a subjective concept, and no matter what the rate is, someone will always be very displeased with the outcome. To act otherwise is a waste of everyone's time.

I believe the current honor rate does a fine job of standing on the line between useless and discouraging, and cutting into the game's profits by giving us everything we need without spending.

If you're in this game to collect, you need somewhere upwards of $60k USD or you need to accept that you don't spend enough to catch them all. That's it.

Additionally, if I were here to give my opinion on everything and everyone, this would not be the third post I've made this week. It would be a heck of a lot higher.

Does this post here better fit your definition of a contribution?

That's the thing, there's a difference between gotta catch em all, and hey, can I keep all the cool ones I got in events.

I don't want em all. I'd just like a little less pressure on the storage. I think DB might actually make more money on packs if crew slots vs immortalization were less of an issue. I'd be OK with my extensive grouping of 1/5s that I've collected from events over now more than 2 years of playing if I didn't have to get them to 5/5 to freeze. Frankly (or maybe not as Frank as I'd like to be... Hi Frank!), I'd buy more packs, especially the themed packs. I'd need more DIL for that so I'd be giving more green.

I've been making hard passes on characters and and chances from packs simply so I don't need to double pay out. (And yes I'm freezing 4s, but after playing for this long even that resource can run dry.)

So periodically I buy some slots, but I'm not going to exacerbate it too much if I don't need to. I've even started skipping events sometimes --- which you don't want your userbase doing that too often or they might just spend money on other games rather than yours.

• Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never really considered "honor debt" a problem. As someone who has had to pay off actual monetary debts, that is not a metaphor I want to use for something fun.

I think of honor as a bonus. Without it I would have a bunch of 1/5 legendaries. With it I have a bunch of 1/5 legendaries with a handful of carefully selected immortal ones. I have approximately the same amount of honor needed to FF all my legendaries as the OP and never considered it a burden.
  • XoiikuXoiiku ✭✭✭✭
    Legendary:
    001 | 2018-02-15 | (80 x 50,000) = 4,000,000
    002 | 2018-04-11 | (134 x 50,000) = 6,700,000
    003 | 2018-04-20 | (143 x 50,000) = 7,150,000
    004 | 2018-05-07 | (146 x 50,000) = 7,300,000
    005 | 2018-06-18 | (169 x 50,000) = 8,450,000
    006 | 2018-08-31 | (220 x 50,000) = 11,000,000
    007 | 2018-10-01 | (235 x 50,000) = 11,750,000
    008 | 2018-11-05 | (266 x 50,000) = 13,300,000

Super Rare:
    001 | 2018-02-15 | (No data) = 0
    002 | 2018-04-11 | (161 x 18,000) = 2,898,000
    003 | 2018-04-20 | (148 x 18,000) = 2,664,000
    004 | 2018-05-07 | (143 x 18,000) = 2,574,000
    005 | 2018-06-18 | (132 x 18,000) = 2,376,000
    006 | 2018-08-31 | (128 x 18,000) = 2,304,000
    007 | 2018-10-01 | (130 x 18,000) = 2,340,000
    008 | 2018-11-05 | (122 x 18,000) = 2,196,000

Combined:
    001 | 2018-02-15 | incomplete data
    002 | 2018-04-11 | 9,598,000
    003 | 2018-04-20 | 9,814,000
    004 | 2018-05-07 | 9,874,000
    005 | 2018-06-18 | 10,826,000
    006 | 2018-08-31 | 13,304,000
    007 | 2018-10-01 | 14,090,000
    008 | 2018-11-05 | 15,496,000
    We are all downstream from each other and ourselves, therefore choose to be relaxed and groovy.
    Consider participating in civil discourse, understanding the Tardigrade, and wandering with the Subspace Eddies.
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    I will help you bump your own thread with my repeated answer. Still zero
  • XoiikuXoiiku ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Gradually it may become clear, that there are many perspectives on, many reasons to, and a spectrum of possibilities to explore in terms of recalibrating gradual.
    We are all downstream from each other and ourselves, therefore choose to be relaxed and groovy.
    Consider participating in civil discourse, understanding the Tardigrade, and wandering with the Subspace Eddies.
    Do you do this just to stop other players from reaching the top 1000?

d497ttyk74bb.gif

I've been binge watching Enterprise again and all of a sudden Archer says, "Show him to the airlock," and my brain goes, "Archer's going to kill him?!" I think I've been spending too much time on the forums. :D

You probably are... me too

auahmjuz20v0.gif