Home The Bridge
Options

Wait a Minuet!..

Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
Shan wrote:
Minuet (New) 5*
Fully Fused Fully Equipped Level 100 Skills: CMD 911 (162-353), DIP 952 (292-766)
FE 1/5 level 100 CMD 463 (162-353), DIP 562 (292-766)
Traits: Hologram, Saboteur, Communicator, Resourceful, Human, Romantic, Desperate, Crafty

Before the Pitchforks come out on a rather underwhelming recurring mega character, consider this, She is Free!!
She places 4th in my roster for DIP behind Arichniana Janeway, Cornwell, and Victorian Pulowski
She places 8th in command.

Personally I prefer the slightly weaker stats, as it doesn't devalue the rest of my crew which I have spent time and money acquiring.

Casing point is Rufio, he didn't cost me anything and he is my top ENG above a FF Aviator Yar, FF Leanardo Davinchi, 4/5 Borg Laforge, 4/5 Degra, and a FF Honey Bare all of which cost me money to get through packs. Personally, I prefer them not devaluing my crew by giving out a free character to everyone thereby killing my competitive advantage.

Remember folks, she is FREE and at 4th in my DIP roster when maxed, ill gladly take her though I am in no rush to FF her.
DB: Do Better

Comments

• Options
    We needed engineering badly, as we did the medical crew prior to Ru'afo.

Diplomacy we do not. I've got dozens of them inside storage. I'm somewhat disappointed at her stats, but even so I'm sure I'll get good use out of her.

And she looks great.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    AMDGAMDG ✭✭✭
    Crew slots are not unlimited, and one can try powergaming even here.
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Lets just put this in context though... Stats wise for shuttles citing Dancing Uhura would be a better option.
    I think this is the first mega event I have felt somewhat deflated about, ENG and SEC are clear weak areas possibly SCI as well.
    Sitting at 70k honor I feel compelled to cite her just because of the limited number of high fused legendaries I have but this also puts back citing someone like interfaced la forge who is 3/5 and I know I would probably get better use of them long term.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    SMMSMM ✭✭✭
    AMDG wrote: »
    As a f2p I will airlock her after the event.

As a f2p why not keep her at 4/5 where she will probably be one of your best crew.
  • Options
    SMMSMM ✭✭✭
    SMM wrote: »
    As a f2p I will airlock her after the event.

As a f2p why not keep her at 4/5 where she will probably be one of your best crew.

Because now I keep only top legendaries or super rares with exotic skill combos . Another mediocre dip/cmd is a waste of a crew slot.

Then why mention being a f2p player. This is a situation specific to you and not necessarily all or even the majority of f2p players. In addition your circumstances could apply whales and everything in between.

Instead of posting as you did you could have said "Because now I keep only top legendaries or super rares with exotic skill combos I will airlock her".
  • Options
    AMDGAMDG ✭✭✭
    When I started the game my reasoning was similar because I had a long term strategy. For example I kept T'Kuvma only because of his ship ability.

Ironically whales have the need to collect every card so they will ff and freeze her. Airlock even for a bad card is out of the question.
  • Options
    Lets just put this in context though... Stats wise for shuttles citing Dancing Uhura would be a better option.
    I think this is the first mega event I have felt somewhat deflated about, ENG and SEC are clear weak areas possibly SCI as well.
    Sitting at 70k honor I feel compelled to cite her just because of the limited number of high fused legendaries I have but this also puts back citing someone like interfaced la forge who is 3/5 and I know I would probably get better use of them long term.

I am just about in the same boat honor-wise, and I would ABSOLUTELY choose La Forge in that case. He is a much, MUCH better long-term investment. I will probably keep Minuet at 4/5 for a while, to be cited somewhere down the line if it is convenient and affordable to do so.
  • Options
    she's freezer meat after the event...my 1st 5* to be cryoed...UNLESS she has an absolutey stellar ship skill
    "Never teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig" Lazarus Long, Time Enough for Love, R.A. Heinlein
  • Options
    al103al103 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    I'll say it like that - I still regularly use my 5/5 T'Kuvma on Com or Sec voyages (and always on Com/Sec ones) and he's quite useful on shuttles. She would be not much less useful, especially for FTP and monthly card players. Mediocre 5/5 is quite good when you lack alternatives and 4/5 is clear enough choice for citation IMHO when you are low enough on 5/5 crew.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    If Minuet had good stats people would complain about power creep. If poor stats are putting people off then good for me. My event will be easier. There are plenty of folk out there who want her even at 4/5..

I generally agree with this. I would only counter that she doesn't feel mega for a mega event. I will be keeping her and gratefully so. However I will not be immediately doubling her as I was saving to do. That is why DB usually makes mega crew so great. It is a crew essentially everyone gets for little work and so they sell (I presume) far more double crew options than a usual gold crew gets. So I am not upset or anything, but I will not pay extra for her at this time.
  • Options
    DB must save the good mega for the Christmas
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK, I waited, what now?
  • Options
    barrydancerbarrydancer ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was saving a citation for her, but yikes. OTOH, I may use it on her so I can freeze her faster.
  • Options
    If Minuet had good stats people would complain about power creep. If poor stats are putting people off then good for me. My event will be easier. There are plenty of folk out there who want her even at 4/5..

I generally agree with this. I would only counter that she doesn't feel mega for a mega event.

I think that’s where most of the disappointment is coming from, certainly mine. Minuet just does not live up to the precedent that has been set by previous mega crew. I too will gladly take her at 4/5, and will certainly not look to airlock her or anything like that, but the previous crew were powerful enough to sustain the excitement of acquiring them across the entire four weeks. Minuet does not do that, in my opinion.
  • Options
    barrydancerbarrydancer ✭✭✭✭✭
    mh3oixogqp7k.png

Cathy does not adore this Minuet! (That's for you old-timers :))
  • Options
    Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    mh3oixogqp7k.png

Cathy does not adore this Minuet! (That's for you old-timers :))

Props for Sam Gamgee's mommy. ;)