Home Ready Room
Options

Who would you make the next citation project?

IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2018 in Ready Room
Final star on Interfaced Geordi is imminent, so I am looking to start a new legendary project.
I am tempted to cite Da Vinci - excellent voyage score (and in key areas) good shuttle base scores too, however my security base is lacking somewhat, which could put Chakotay or Kortar to the forefront. The difficulty I am having though is they are all in portal.

3d4wd8veb28h.png
[was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO

Comments

• Options
    Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've done most all of my citing based on voyage score. I wouldn't cite Caretaker just yet as there's still the potential to earn him until he rotates out. Once that happens, I'd cite him ASAP.

Cornwell, Da Vinci, Reverend Phlox, and Assimilated La Forge are all solid options and regularly make it onto my voyages. I would tend to give the nod to Phlox and La Forge since they also benefit from being main cast and will see small bonuses in events more frequently than Da Vinci and Cornwell.
  • Options
    whoops I've cited Cornwell already my bad (probably a bad cut and paste job).
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    Davinchi is pretty darn awesome it has to be said. That said Borglaforge scores well.

If its SEC your after I probably wouldn't waste it on Kortar as he is unlikely to feature apart from the odd Klingon event. I would wait until you get another overpowered card like Falcon O'Brian.

Jim
    DB: Do Better
  • Options
    also on a side note is it worth pulling Checkov out and levelling up i think i underestimated his voyage potential but when i look at his one of five stats they seem very meh and his proficiencies aren't great.
  • Options
    IrialIrial ✭✭✭✭
    I am going to assume you are already hitting the 8 hour mark on at least most, if not all, of your Voyages. If this is a goal for you, then I suggest the next time a Voyage combo comes up where your crew does not successfully reach 8 hours, pick out which character from your roster would be the best to cite to help you with that particular combo.

For example, when I noted I was having challenges with the ENG/SCI combo, based on my available options, I decided to add Stars to Honey Bare Jadzia.
  • Options
    Yes i'm hitting 8 hours now more regularly, I think the main sticking points have been sci/sec or eng/sec
  • Options
    I'd also recommend only citing crew in the portal (if not all crew) up to 4/5. I know that leaves some of their effectiveness on the table, but imagine you got a pull with Cornwell, Ziyal and Vina. You'll wish you didn't cite Cornwell, and used a citation on someone else instead. With the rarity of begolds and their importance, I think it's a good idea to have some safety against terrible drops (and later the potential to have a 3 immortalized begold).
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't have DaVinci, but I wish I did. From all I've read he is a great choice.
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    I think there are a few I wouldn't think twice about taking up to 5/5 if I could just for usability factor.

Da Vinci reasons noted above
    Killy good voyage score and for arena/skirmishes - or would that hurt my fingers more?
    Phlox although my MED is quite strong now but CMD MED is a rare commodity
    La Forge good voyage score etc.
    CMR Kira good voyage score and my best potential CMD base.
    Chakotay and Tuvok for the SEC/ENG and SCI/SEC combination

the others I'd probably happily sit at 4/5 e.g Minty Riker.
  • Options
    Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes i'm hitting 8 hours now more regularly, I think the main sticking points have been sci/sec or eng/sec

It has been a long time since they've released a good SEC-primary voyage character. In fact, there are just 4 SEC primary in the Top 50 voyage scores (Gunslinger Uhura #25, Mirror Intendant Kira #34, Aviator Yar #39, Mirror Shukar #41). Two of those four were released in Tuesday packs so circulation is much smaller.

In short, despite the preponderance of CMD/DIP/SEC characters in the game, there is a dearth of good SEC-based characters for voyages in comparison to other stats.
  • Options

It has been a long time since they've released a good SEC-primary voyage character. In fact, there are just 4 SEC primary in the Top 50 voyage scores (Gunslinger Uhura #25, Mirror Intendant Kira #34, Aviator Yar #39, Mirror Shukar #41). Two of those four were released in Tuesday packs so circulation is much smaller.

In short, despite the preponderance of CMD/DIP/SEC characters in the game, there is a dearth of good SEC-based characters for voyages in comparison to other stats.

Cue Major Hayes the ultimate red shirt in grey/blue camo clothing.

But seriously before this mega was announced I was hoping for a decent SEC recurring legendary, couldn't have got it more wrong if I tried!

• Options
    Seven of One Seven of One ✭✭✭✭✭

I really struggle with SEC voyages, and in the 25 voyages I've done in October 8 of them had SEC as the primary and a further 4 as the secondary. Doesn't help I have just three legendaries with SEC as primary skill. I've more MED legendaries than SEC. I'm hoping a decent SEC card is released soon, otherwise I'm going to have to cite Falcon, even though he's already in the portal.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Top 3 options:

1. Leonardo
    2. Chakotay
    3. Kortar
  • Options
    I need to do this with my crew. I have several golds at various levels of completion and a bunch of purples at 1/4 that I could probably dump.

Just reading the post above shows me I need to finish Honey Bare.
  • Options
    Top 3 options:

1. Leonardo
    2. Chakotay
    3. Kortar

I’m leaning to this although my current med cmd voyage is also putting a strong case for Phlox as well I might alternate between him and da Vinci
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the long run, my advice is to only add citations to:

1. mega event legendaries -- once you've got four stars, that fifth star is the biggest plus up in skills.
    2. main cast crew members with excellent stats that benefit your roster. Even a year later, these will yield the best benefits as they come up again as bonus crew in events.

For you, this would argue for focusing on Chakotay.

Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    I guess a lot can change in 6 months and I have a new citation headache I think I have narrowed it down to the Dark green group, NB Braxton is imminent to be immortalised either today or tomorrow depending on how much honor I generate with the rest of today.

I was thinking High Roller Sisko should be next but what with all this security overload I'm thinking maybe Pulaski or Rev Phlox or Even finishing HMS Data as he will no doubt be useful in a Data variant bonus event.

qgk52b9ich6z.jpg
  • Options
    I guess a lot can change in 6 months and I have a new citation headache I think I have narrowed it down to the Dark green group, NB Braxton is imminent to be immortalised either today or tomorrow depending on how much honor I generate with the rest of today.

I was thinking High Roller Sisko should be next but what with all this security overload I'm thinking maybe Pulaski or Rev Phlox or Even finishing HMS Data as he will no doubt be useful in a Data variant bonus event.

qgk52b9ich6z.jpg

I think Sisko probably still fills the biggest need. Outside of Picard and 4/5 Kol, you really don't have an elite SEC crew yet. There has been a lot of SEC lately, but Sisko's just about the best of them and will be strong event and Voyage crew for a very long time to come.

Data is a fine choice and would cost you less to finish, but Ru'afo covers the same skill set, and between him, Jol and La Forge (and soon to be Braxton), you have ENG well covered for a while. Phlox and Pulaski are both great as well, and both would cover hard to fill voyage combos (especially Phlox with MED/COM) but with Cornwell and Bashir, again, I think your greatest need is elsewhere.
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭

qgk52b9ich6z.jpg

What happened to Temporal Prisoner Chakotay ... he's got a unique set of skills so might be worth a look, but don't see him on your new list (he is on your old one) so not sure what his fuse level is.

Personally, I like the new Pulaski and she already has been on a bunch of Voyages even as a 1/5 (I have nowhere near the scope of 5* crew as you do though).
    Hawk is supposed to be good.
  • Options
    RaraRacing wrote: »

qgk52b9ich6z.jpg

What happened to Temporal Prisoner Chakotay ... he's got a unique set of skills so might be worth a look, but don't see him on your new list (he is on your old one) so not sure what his fuse level is.

Personally, I like the new Pulaski and she already has been on a bunch of Voyages even as a 1/5 (I have nowhere near the scope of 5* crew as you do though).
    Hawk is supposed to be good.

Good Catch I must have accidentally pasted over him I've just noticed Seven in Silver is on the list twice, must have been when we got intel from Frank that she is now in the portal.
  • Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    No Warship EMA?
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    No Warship EMA?

I got shuttle sniped last minute. I was low on boosts I think in that event, as well as having bad success rate.
  • Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just finished adding the last of three citations to him and he’s a monster.
  • Options
    edited May 2019

I think Sisko probably still fills the biggest need. Outside of Picard and 4/5 Kol, you really don't have an elite SEC crew yet. There has been a lot of SEC lately, but Sisko's just about the best of them and will be strong event and Voyage crew for a very long time to come.

Data is a fine choice and would cost you less to finish, but Ru'afo covers the same skill set, and between him, Jol and La Forge (and soon to be Braxton), you have ENG well covered for a while. Phlox and Pulaski are both great as well, and both would cover hard to fill voyage combos (especially Phlox with MED/COM) but with Cornwell and Bashir, again, I think your greatest need is elsewhere.

Thanks McLargeHuge
    Once the campaign finishes High Roller Sisko will be 4/5 and I may even be able to get him immortal before the next mega.

I think after him my weakest skill will be science. Now there are a number of Options here:
    1) Survivalist Kirk - Best potential Science voyage score good skill set and Big Sting rerun maybe around the corner. Ranked 52 for voyages
    2) Mountaineer Spock - Next best potential Science score and best overall voyage scorer ranking 30
    3) Stamets - Dispite having Leonardo Stamets has the advantage of not being in portal yet, he's got event potential although another discovery event may not be on the cards till later on in the year (fall/winter perhaps).
    4) Ann Mulhall has the lowest voyage score out of the top 4 but has good shuttle base and like moutaineer spock has a nice combination of CMD and SCI and her overall voyage score is still strong ranking at 44.
    5) DR Pulaski - Yes I know SCI is secondary however I don't have a strong MED SCI or vice versa crew not unless I get more stars on the Keeper in the meantime. She will be my best MED base and a sprinkling of SEC would make her complimentary to a SEC and SCI voyage even if they aren't her top skills. Lower voyage rank however at 60
    6) Gladiator Spock - High voyage rank 37, would be good for SEC and SCI voyages, con SCI is secondary.
    7) Captain Spock - again SCI is secondary and Mountaineer Spock is probably a better variant with the right order of skill set.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks McLargeHuge
    Once the campaign finishes High Roller Sisko will be 4/5 and I may even be able to get him immortal before the next mega.

I think after him my weakest skill will be science. Now there are a number of Options here:
    1) Survivalist Kirk - Best potential Science voyage score good skill set and Big Sting rerun maybe around the corner. Ranked 52 for voyages
    2) Mountaineer Spock - Next best potential Science score and best overall voyage scorer ranking 30
    3) Stamets - Dispite having Leonardo Stamets has the advantage of not being in portal yet, he's got event potential although another discovery event may not be on the cards till later on in the year (fall/winter perhaps).
    4) Ann Mulhall has the lowest voyage score out of the top 4 but has good shuttle base and like moutaineer spock has a nice combination of CMD and SCI and her overall voyage score is still strong ranking at 44.
    5) DR Pulaski - Yes I know SCI is secondary however I don't have a strong MED SCI or vice versa crew not unless I get more stars on the Keeper in the meantime. She will be my best MED base and a sprinkling of SEC would make her complimentary to a SEC and SCI voyage even if they aren't her top skills. Lower voyage rank however at 60
    6) Gladiator Spock - High voyage rank 37, would be good for SEC and SCI voyages, con SCI is secondary.
    7) Captain Spock - again SCI is secondary and Mountaineer Spock is probably a better variant with the right order of skill set.

I haven’t checked the overall voyage rankings, but why not The Keeper? Not to say that you don’t have a wealth of great options to choose from out of these seven, but when immortal and with a little help from starbase/collection bonuses the Keeper can crack 1000 in both SCI base and MED base, fills that MED/SCI gap you mentioned, and has tertiary COM on top of all that. My 2/5* The Keeper is next on my citation list after a 3/5* White Rabbit.

Assuming The Keeper isn’t an option, I suppose it really depends on which other skills you need help with alongside SCI. Kirk and Stamets have ENG, Captain Spock and Jet Boots Spock have COM as does Mulhall, and then there’s Pulaski’s MED and Gladiator Spock’s SEC. Stamets’ additional MED might be worth pursuing for voyages but Survivalist Kirk has a skill combo no other Kirk has and you listed other benefits beyond voyages for Pulaski. It’s a tough call for sure.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    As a general rule I do tend to consider not in portals first and their renewed stat boosts often seem to be the best way forward. Although there are 6 or 7 in portals i could consider.
    Killy for Skirmish although I could do the commendant as an alternative.
    Falcon O'brien and Durango - but now I have Kirk and soon Sisko, Honey Bare, Dax Odo, Leonardo - basically the ones in dark or even darker green are the ones I am strongly considering.
    pr7t9t9793t1.png

The thing is if another Armus drops - that could totally change things which might lead to Pulaski as a safer bet or indeed Rev. Phlox.
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    Of your In Portal crew I would only really consider:
    - Temporal Prisoner Chakotay;
    - The Keeper;
    - Da Vinci.

You have plenty of other good "in portal" crew, but these three seem the most unique. No way I'd sink (more) citations into a CMD/DIP/SEC crew or the likes of Killy.

For your Not in Portal crew:
    Some of your crew I do not own so don't know their use very well ... so, I'd have to do a better in-depth analysis of exactly how your crew stack up, where you are weak etc. ... e.g. can you make 8 hrs on each skill combo during event weekends where some top crew might not be available? In what areas do you still rely on 4* crew? etc. etc.
    I do like Pulaski, Stamets, Surv. Kirk and Mulhall from the crew that I know.

--> Personally, I'd cite one of the three in portal crew ... if I had that Chakotay he'd be 5/5 already for sure, and I would have cited him (or Hawk) over Sisko (I value unique skill combo over raw base for citations) ... and if you are really thin on SCI it would probably mean The Keeper/Da Vinci get first look.

My personal viewpoint
    As long as I can get top 1500 for events I've decided that I need to focus on voyages, because that is my main source of Honor in the game (seeing as I don't spend money) ... so, slowly trying to work up to 10 hr voyages.
    Like I said, I've chosen crew/cited crew so that I can now hit 8 hrs for each combo, no matter when, just using my 5* crew (1/5s to 5/5s) ... this means I can freeze all 4*s if I feel like it (and have), which in turn has given me a ton of crew space I can work with (30+ on 175 total) to take on the likes of Prophet Sarah Sisko and North Star Tucker in recent beholds (both excellent crew to strengthen my 1/5 contingent - Sarah especially!).
    Next weekend will be a good indicator for crew strength ... low number of event crew so I'll be using a lot of top crew to fill shuttles ... how will my voyages look?
  • Options
    Thanks as ever RaraRacing, yes I'm hitting 8hrs quite easily now and I don't think I have failed to even during most recent shuttle events although as you say this next week's event might be a good test of how deep my roster is too.

I haven't forgotten about Chakotay the problem is SEC will be ok and with the likes of Mirror Stamets, Da Vinci, The Keeper, Pulaski - I'd get better improvement on the rarer skills, and as for SEC ENG I now have a number of options there to boot; conditioned and Musketeer La Forge, Delta Flyer Torres to add to the mix and I think they have slightly better overall stats also Boxer Tucker but his stats are bad and mirror data is probably on par with Chakotay stats wise.

I think I've narrowed it down to
    Pulaski - Good Med Base as well as good voyage score not quite better than the keeper for MED and SCI but also is unlikely to get called away to many events.
    Keeper - Similar to above only slightly weaker in voyage score total but in nominal tertiary.

Da Vinci and Mirror Stamets this is an interesting debate can't really be compared to the above two because MED is tertiary although Da Vinci beats Stamets there and in voyage total. However Stamets really, really excels in Science doesn't quite compete with the likes of Gary Seven, Tainer or Surak but it's still very high and beats Da Vinci hands down. However if I use that logic of Science total then Survivalist Kirk would enter the fray too.
  • Options
    Automaton_2000Automaton_2000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not a fan of citing almost any CMD/DIP/SEC crew if voyages are a significant portion of your consideration. But Sisko is already 3/5, not in portal, and offers more than adequate voyage power alongside considerable base power + events.

I would not cite Keeper in your situation; you have too many equivalent voyage options who can also contribute shuttle and event work. Pulaski, da Vinci, Stamets, and Survivalist Kirk are all fine candidates, the latter two also having big time event potential.

If I were you, gun to head, I'd go Pulaski/Sisko -> Stamets /Kirk -> da Vinci.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    This is the thing I am almost going back full circle to Kirk again, because of the big sting event - depending on whether they tweak the missions, citing up Kirk would be handy and he will probably be high fusion level by the time of the rerun - particularly if I halt progress on Sisko, temporarily or for foreseeable future. Problem is I'm not hurting on ENG or SEC but I guess a roster can never be too deep.