Home Ready Room
Options

Who would you make the next citation project?

Comments

• Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK I've done a new synopsis to see if I can break this deadlock

g9dcxbukgezc.jpg

My thinking is SCI was the 1st and foremost I wanted to improve upon and Survivalist Kirk is my best option solely based on the highest skill score, secondly his rerun is in my mind too.

Now if I pair that with the next project afterwards being Pulaski (who fills a lot of holes in the table). There will be temporarily decent coverage in most SCI and MED scenarios. I think it is apparent then the 3rd project is likely to be Phlox. The reason I haven't pushed MED up given the weak combination options is that a second Guinan dropped to make my mk II 2/5 so I am in the process of levelling her up, which should be a helpful temporary fix thanks to good proficiencies.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    Pulaski received her 5th star yesterday from the new pack available. She is now ahead of bell riots Bashir for number 1 on my med list for shuttles.
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK I've done a new synopsis to see if I can break this deadlock

g9dcxbukgezc.jpg

My thinking is SCI was the 1st and foremost I wanted to improve upon and Survivalist Kirk is my best option solely based on the highest skill score, secondly his rerun is in my mind too.

I'd written a reply to an earlier post ... but forgot to post it. I noted that you should factor in Armus somewhere and see how they fit in ... my 4th copy just dropped the other day and they're not bad at all for SCI voyages.

While this 2-skill view is nice, I do feel that the third skill should be taken into account. You are obviously set on citing Kirk, so I wouldn't think about it too much more and just go for it ... he'll be great for events etc. and I'm sure you'll use him a lot. I have a similar crew in Mirror Data (2/5) and he gets used a lot on voyages too just because I do not have another 5* with those 3 skills.

By the way ... Hawk should be in the SEC/CMD slot ... not High Roller Sisko ;)
    Also, Layna shouldn't be in the SCI/DIP column (unless she's your best option there and then needs an asterisk).
    Chakotay/Da Vinci/Caretaker are your ? options ... only the new Archer has MED as primary and White Rabbit would be where the ENG/MED option is ... so almost everybody will have those spots open, those area really unique combos.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    ah good point about Hawk, yes I nearly had Christopher Pike in the CMD + SEC but then realised I had five of Twelve, and technically Silva is a few points behind CMR Kira and on par with Prince Bashir - probably should have put Bashir in instead. I only just double checked the stats on those ones. And Yes forgot to put a "not available closest fit" marker on Layna.

well what I really have my heart set on is about 20 citations :-D but I do just have a positive vibe when considering Kirk a bit inexplicable I know because Pulaski plugs quite a gap .
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have a lot of great options. I wouldn’t feel bad about citing Kirk, thanks to the combination of good bases, very good proficiencies, and a rare skill combo (at least for Kirk events). Pulaski is also a pretty good option, one I would choose if I weren’t in such a relatively good spot for MED/SCI crew.

Rev Phlox is on my citation list thanks to the rare MED/COM combination; right now I am papering over that hole with the likes of the Warship EMA, AoS Crusher, and DF Paris (even then, Tieran-Possessed Kes wasn’t getting use and ended up in the freezer). If you don’t want to drop 300,000 honor on obtaining and immortalizing Cap’n Beverly, Phlox is the next best thing for MED/COM.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Long post ... read at own peril

I made a similar table to yours ... it was an interesting thought experiment ... it is fun to see that some of the crew I purposely chose in beholds are in it ... Garrett, Sarah Sisko, Benny, Klingon Janeway, North Star Tucker.

- In RED is the crew that I'm citing up ... Away Team Saru, is at 4/5 and will be 5/5 during the coming week ... once he's done that spot will be empty.
    - In GREEN the crew that have more than one *.
    - In brackets the non-immortal Gauntlet crew that fall in the category ... I just immortalised Guinan today so she's not in anymore, Armus is 4/5 the other two 1/5.
    - I've not included crew I can slowly fuse over time (Evolved Janeway) and so won't cite.
    - I've not included 2* crew.

TABLE #1 - Top skill combo for my crew
    688vgp9sylaw.png

So, my takeaway from this exercise is that:
    1. I've chosen fairly wisely in my recent beholds and addressed "weak" spots when considering 2 skills. :)
    2. It doesn't really show some of the unique crew that would benefit from citations over the crew shown in the table. For example, I could use some MED base with CMD thrown in ... Age of Sail Crusher is not in the table though would fit well (and is already 2/5).
    3. My weakest skill overall is SCI if I look at average Voyage totals ... my weakest base stat skill is MED.
    4. I felt I needed to incorporate the third skill, so I did the following:

TABLE #2 - Commonality of 3-skill Distribution
    weo5gxvcodfq.png

For voyages the two main skills count heaviest, but the third adds stability. So, I made 3 small tables indicating the number of 5* crew I have per duo skill combo (e.g. crew with CMD and DIP can be CMD & DIP or DIP & CMD) in the three combos ... first & second skill, first & third and second & third.
    E.g I have 6 5* crew with SCI and ENG as their main 2 skills.
    I did not include 2-skill crew.

Then to make a ranking of just how unique a crew's skill combo is I added them up for a number of my crew I would consider citing or who are in the first table ... the three at the bottom are crew I'd insta-pick in a behold.
    The lower the number the more unique the crew is in my set of 80 5*s, so my reasoning would be that such crew would be used most often.
    1. To my surprise Mobil Doc is my most unique crew (from the small survey) using this method.
    2. The crew that felt unique to me and were top of me list for citing fit that category (except Sarah Sisko) ... as does Saru.
    3. All crew with the exact same skill combo fall in the same "unique" category ... so e.g. Z. Odo would have the same score as L'Rell.
    4. One of the things I lament is that I'm often very hesitant to cite DIP primary crew and I find it difficult to determine just who should get attention ... using this method I can actually see which category of DIP primary crew would be most interesting for me to cite ... which actually comes down to the combo DIP/CMD/ENG (Tuxedo Nog and Kremin Guest Paris).
    5. Naturally, there are other considerations in citing crew (event eligibility, base stats, coolness factor, likability, etc.).
    6. This table doesn't take into account fuse levels of all crew.

Anyway, spent some fun time looking at my crew in a different light, not attaching names etc. to skill sets.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    This is true although everybody cringes at the word CMD and DiP but I have none immortalised so whilst I have strong 2/5 and 3/5s it still technically needs strengthening at some point, because at the moment you can build them up separately but the actual efficient combination is weak.

I did try and analyse 3 skill crew but it is hard to do that, so I plotted what I had instead, it's obvious MED and SCI are the weakest combinations wise so it seems to make sense to work on them the most. Although Captain Spock in the next campaign has muddied the water a bit.
    nv2xymetv0ju.jpg
  • Options
    It’s comforting to know that I’m not the only one having problems analyzing three-skill sets. I initially went the easy route and didn’t need bother to look at tertiary skills, which has helped identify weak voyage pairings...now that my next goal is to hit ten hours, those third skills become really important and I don’t have a good way to automate my spreadsheet to display what I want to see. Mostly because I’m still not 100% sure on how I want to arrange it, but also because I’ve forgotten some of my Excel skills - trying to manually account for skill boosts due to citations and increased starbase/collection bonuses doesn’t sound like a fun time.
  • Options
    What I found was ... after looking and scoring all the skill combos my 5*s have, including those with 2-skills, there are some good crew that have either CMD or DIP (not so much SEC) as primary skill that can be levelled.
    (I made 2 minor mistakes in table 2 above, but they don't change much in the outcome).

Here is an overview of exact skill combos on my crew and their "uniqueness" score:

TABLE #3 - Unique Skill Combos
    8uiubqud5ib2.png

- In RED the most unique combo for the specific main skill ... it is the one that I can cite ... see ENG for example, where the lowest numbers are not associated with crew to whom I want to add citations (e.g. The Caretaker and an immortal RAF O'Brien).

- BOLD skill combos are for which I have crew immortalised, ITALICS are Gauntlet crew skill sets.

- Under the skill lists are the name(s) of crew I own who are associated with the most unique skill combo for a primary skill.

- Next to the name, the average score for the main skill.

- I have a list of "In Portal" crew (or soon to be) that are always mentioned as excellent and how they'd rate ... stellar for me ... man I really wish I had TP Chakotay :) .

- There's a list of 2-skill combos ... but the numbers have not been added to the overall numbers from Table 2 (above post) because I do not send 2-skill crew on voyages anyway, and so that would negatively/positively skew some 3-skill combos towards others.

Closing Remarks
    Again, this is voyage-only consideration to determine how unique 3-skill combos are when only considering my crew list and so highlighting where I might have weaknesses going forward if all my crew were to be immortal.

A next step I could take (but probably won't) is to weight these uniqueness scores with max voyage scores ... e.g. it is easy to see that Kremin Guest Paris is a stronger voyage option compared to Tux. Nog because his voyage totals are just better, so for voyage purposes I'd cite Paris.
    However, how to compare CMD/SCI/DIP with ENG/SCI/DIP crew? Something like:
    Uniqueness score * Voyage total * primary skill average.

Anyway, my 2 cents on how to evaluate the third skill, or skill combo of 3-skill crew for Voyages only.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    That reminds me I had Paris the wrong way round for CMD and DiP.

I think the best way forward is to list my top 5 in each Skill and then see if there is a best fit for what I need most. I have more or less ordered them in priority. Although a lot of them are so close to call.

ojpae84c2srt.jpg

As to this event, it's showed that I am pretty versatile in Engineering as a CMD ENG voyage came up yesterday and I was still able to hit 8hrs without the likes of Ru'Afo to help out. CMD SEC was the other options and apart from RP Kirk and M Picard I had various options there with the 4/5s et al.

And this exercise has also pointed something glaringly obvious, I really should be levelling Lorian up ASAP I am missing out on some extra vital backup in a stretched field.

• Options
    Aviator Yar should be in the column with Musketeer La Forge.

Weighted Ranking
    I actually did do an initial rough weighted ranking for voyages wrt where to put citations (i.e. non-FF crew and non-Gauntlet crew only) ... these are my top 5 crew:
    - Leo da Vinci;
    - Mirror Stamets;
    - Mobile Doctor;
    - Augment Commander O'Brien - a 2 skill but with an interesting skill combo and a good voyage score for a 2-skill, kinda surprised me he rated this high;
    - Prince Bashir.

If I were to add some of the crew you have, then the top 3 would be:
    - The Keeper;
    - Temporal Prisoner Chakotay;
    - Leo.
    With #1 and 2 being more than double (almost triple) the weighted value compared to Leo.

Bottom 5 are (not including 2-skill crew):
    - Durango Troi (lowest!);
    - Suliban Reed;
    - Garak, Elim Garak;
    - Captain Silva La Forge;
    - Weyoun Clone 5.
    Basically, any crew with a combo of CDS ... they are all really close and less than 3x average. If voyages are your primary goal then I would seriously consider re-ranking the top 5 CMD/DIP/SEC crew lists you have above ... e.g. the likes of Bartender Tuvok have more than 4x higher rating compared to Z. Odo (I suspect Bridge Number 1 would be the best option for me) in my calculations.
    Granted, I don't have the expansive 5* crew that you do ... and things like events or collections might also come into consideration ... so the ratings would be different and certain skill combos might jump out more (or less) when compared to my 80 5*s.

For 2-skill crew; O'Brien, Degra, Seven in Silver and Orion Vina are the best options I have (in that order), with O'Brien way in front of the others (double the rating).

My next citations are going to Prince Bashir ... I need better CMD/DIP (in that order) for shuttles because I have no-one behind Borg Queen, he should be a good addition for any Bashir/Augment events and with the added MED I'm sure he'll be of use for voyages ... furthermore, he's part of 2 collections I've not completed and he's already 2/5.
    I've changed my mind numerous times, and I might do so again before I start citing him :) ... Mobile Doc and Leo are the other two choices I'm considering.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    I'll double check Yar i think at 2/5 her skills are still the other way round (that's another thing to watch out for) but funnily enough I did do the "final" skill set for the keeper.

One of the reasons I am a bit hesitant on Leo is I have levelled up my MK II caretaker and arguably this is the case for Stamets as well although he has the advantage of more event potential. I went with Kirk currently because I think he has the best chance of an event in the near future and I have a realistic opportunity to get him to a high fusion level for it and it's a faction event to boot.

Most columns I think I have given fairly equal weight to both Voyages and Events really they are both important/integral to my game play. I try to fit the best of both worlds where possible.

I did however hastily cobble together CMD DIP and SEC tables, mainly because I have good benchmarks bases in those skills so my levelling priorities have dwindled a little in that are except possibly having the specific CMD DIP/ DIP CMD combo in both primary and secondary I have them separately just not together. Odo is a card I just can't ignore however, Bajoran, Changeling, Dax, Odo, we may even have an investigator themed event.

I think though given the lack of variation for MED - it's just something you can never have enough of so I think Pulaski, Phlox and Keeper, Stamets or Bashir are my next consideration. Probably Phlox I'll get a healthy boost in Science (having cited Kirk and getting Captain Scott) and Bell Riots Bashir and Cornwell are doing fine and have better event potential than Pualski, which opens the door to the Keeper after Phlox for more CMD MED.

• Options
    Well Survivalist Kirk is now immortal, citation is already on Janeway so now I am looking at two characters now.

I am weighing up between Reverend Phlox and Tactical Neelix, as I don't have the EMA, tactical Neelix will be a very key person to cite up fairly quickly but I cannot ignore the rarity of Phlox's MED CMD skill set either. I do have a week or two to decide depending on how much I earn on the skirmish. So I thought I'd start the debate early.
  • Options
    Well Survivalist Kirk is now immortal, citation is already on Janeway so now I am looking at two characters now.

I am weighing up between Reverend Phlox and Tactical Neelix, as I don't have the EMA, tactical Neelix will be a very key person to cite up fairly quickly but I cannot ignore the rarity of Phlox's MED CMD skill set either. I do have a week or two to decide depending on how much I earn on the skirmish. So I thought I'd start the debate early.

I'm having a similar conundrum myself. I just finished Phlox, and was all set to move on to Captain Braxton, but then Neelix showed up, and I think I am leaning Neelix. For what it's worth, I think Phlox has a much rarer skill set than Neelix (he and Captain Bev are the ONLY MED/COM legendaries), though I think whomever you choose should be followed up by the other.
  • Options
    Yeah i think i'm still leaning on Phlox slightly, a couple of Voyages have gone by where I've said to myself, I sure would like Phlox to be higher fusion.
  • Options
    I guess the Phlox would be okay ... but ... hate to be a broken record ... I still think that:
    - Da Vinci/Mirror Stamets;
    - TP Chakotay;
    - The Keeper (#1 option).
    provide better value than the two options you are looking at.
    Not sure if you got a copy of Stranded Quark (discount pack still available) but he'd be on that short list too.

And ... if you are looking to add value of the likes of TO Neelix, then just cite Dark Ages McCoy twice ... less honor and a similar bang for your buck there.

Personally, I recently finished citing up Prince Bashir, he's great for my crew for sure. Up next for me one citation for the Borg Queen for the collection. After her ... not sure yet, but I might finally get around to taking my own advice and go for Leo. :)
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    I know exactly where you are coming from but the thing is MED is still feeling a bit on the fragile eggshell side of things, Bashir and Cornwell can easily (and regularly do) get called away from voyages for events and then I am down to the 1/5s granted I have plenty of options but I am dependant on the likes of Guinan who is dip primary, McCoy whose skill points are to split down the middle and becomes problematic if the MED is the Key skill, because his med is still comparatively low even at 3/5.

Neelix is also secondary so that is probably why I am leaning towards Phlox as well.

Keeper is an outside option but if I am going to go for him for his skill set - Phlox offers better MED and CMD score. SCI has been beefed up with the likes of Captain Spock and Survivalist Kirk recently and I just received my second Locutus yesterday. Hopefully CMD will be beefed up by the highly anticipated Kirk rerun and I may even buy into the campaign again and run a second Mirror Picard, a bit undecided still on that though. With Janeway being ENG so all other skills seem fairly well covered.
  • Options
    Synthetic CommanderSynthetic Commander ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Pretty tough choice there. It depends on if you want to focus on peaking some voyages to max length (MED SEC), or balance others to climb higher (MED CMD). Keep in mind that for ANY med voyage, rev phlox also makes a handy CMD slot option to beef up your med. Not many crew can support med voyages that way (and not as effectively). I'd say Rev Phlox's skill rarity is his best attribute, while Neelix is likely to have a little more event and daily use utility.

I don't understand the Keeper recommendation at all though. He's far lower on the voyage total score than your other MED options, I would never invest citations in a crew so power creeped. I guess I understand this table crew weakness measurement approach can tell you specific skill combos you're weak in, but I'd rather cite up stronger more recent crew and wait for a new drop of someone stronger who will fit that slot better. It's not like one specific crew skill combo will likely mean a difference between 8 and 10 hour voyages alone.

My approach is to think long term. For example, I'm tempted to cite Borg Queen because she's in 8 of my voyage skill combos for optimal crew, more than anyone else at the moment. I chose High Roller Sisko instead as my current project though who is in 6 combos, because he will make a larger difference in voyages I'm already closer to consistent 10 hours (cmd/sec, sec/cmd, sec/dip, etc). I don't want to invest in crew that will make me a little stronger with my current crew options/limits, but think about who will make me a LOT stronger a few months from now after 2-3 are cited up (especially with campaigns speeding it up).
  • Options
    I know exactly where you are coming from but the thing is MED is still feeling a bit on the fragile eggshell side of things, Bashir and Cornwell can easily (and regularly do) get called away from voyages for events and then I am down to the 1/5s granted I have plenty of options but I am dependant on the likes of Guinan who is dip primary, McCoy whose skill points are to split down the middle and becomes problematic if the MED is the Key skill, because his med is still comparatively low even at 3/5.

Neelix is also secondary so that is probably why I am leaning towards Phlox as well.

Keeper is an outside option but if I am going to go for him for his skill set - Phlox offers better MED and CMD score. SCI has been beefed up with the likes of Captain Spock and Survivalist Kirk recently and I just received my second Locutus yesterday. Hopefully CMD will be beefed up by the highly anticipated Kirk rerun and I may even buy into the campaign again and run a second Mirror Picard, a bit undecided still on that though. With Janeway being ENG so all other skills seem fairly well covered.

I totally see where you’re coming from on Phlox vs. The Keeper. Both are on my citation list, with the Keeper being done right now, then a couple others, then Phlox. I will say that I always think of voyage improvements in terms of skill pairs rather than single skills; your SCI skill may be doing well but how is MED/SCI doing?

The Keeper ended up ahead of Phlox on my citation list because even though the boost to MED/COM isn’t anywhere near as high, I also get a bump to MED/SCI that is currently filled by a 4/5* Mobile Doctor and others either with lower fusion levels or SCI as a tertiary. I also already had The Keeper at 2/5*, but improvement to two combos rather than one was also a deciding factor. That’s not to say that Phlox’s DIP won’t help (especially on MED/COM voyages where he can take a COM slot), just that it’s a more common skill that is in greater supply.
  • Options
    edited June 2019

I don't understand the Keeper recommendation at all though. He's far lower on the voyage total score than your other MED options, I would never invest citations in a crew so power creeped. I guess I understand this table crew weakness measurement approach can tell you specific skill combos you're weak in, but I'd rather cite up stronger more recent crew and wait for a new drop of someone stronger who will fit that slot better. It's not like one specific crew skill combo will likely mean a difference between 8 and 10 hour voyages alone.

The way I see the Keeper is treating him as a MED SCI - it is still quite a rare skill set, It says a lot when a two skill crew like Culber or Surgeon Pulaski are the best combined score in those skills, Culber is slightly better than Tainer even.

I've checked the scores and currently top look like this Culber 3382, Tainer 3305, Surgeon Pulaski 3224 are the top 3 of which I have none - Keeper is only slightly behind on 3119. Then if you factor in 3 skill, Tainer is the only clear winner then. My next option in 5th Place is Dr K Pulaski on 3073 for combined SCI and MED so there is a valid argument for the Keeper unless I can get my hands on a Tainer.
    Edit sorry Phlox AU naturel is 5th on 3075 and Pulaski is 6th.
    I totally see where you’re coming from on Phlox vs. The Keeper. Both are on my citation list, with the Keeper being done right now, then a couple others, then Phlox. I will say that I always think of voyage improvements in terms of skill pairs rather than single skills; your SCI skill may be doing well but how is MED/SCI doing?

I'm doing ok on SCI MED still able to hit over 8hrs on a good day - but yes it's the 6 of 1 and half a dozen of the other when that combination comes up so it can be a bit awkward.
  • Options
    I guess I just approach the whole crew thing with a different viewpoint ...

The Keeper for me would be an ideal crew to have exactly for those CMD/MED voyages just because I need to have a good dose of SCI too ... immortal The Keeper would provide 50% of the 3000 SCI I'm looking for.
    I have the same immortal MED crew as you do, so DIP and SEC are never difficult to get to decent levels ... I can't simulate a voyage at the moment because my crew are out, but I can give examples on where the struggle is and how someone like The Keeper would help at a later time if needed.

@Synthetic Commander my advice was basically not to cite MED-specific crew to improve MED on a voyage (sounds contradictory), but just crew in general, who happen to also have MED, to improve voyage crew in general.

You give two examples:
    a) Borg Queen: Someone who has a skill combo that sets her apart from average and so citing her will pretty much improve any player's voyage crew (same goes for e.g. Mirror Picard) and usually by quite a bit.

b) High Roller Sisko: Value improvement crew ... someone who has a common skill set and is just a touch better than crew a player might have, so slightly improving their crew (for voyages) ... I mean, how much better is an immortal High Roller Sisko over Thrax or Kol? Almost all of the additional voyage points Sisko has are because his tertiary skill (DIP) is a lot better than Thrax's for example.

I personally wouldn't cite crew in category B unless they are mega-event crew ... I'd rather cite crew in category A that improve my crew selection options in width ... like I've stated, I've now made 10 hrs in CMD/DIP (twice) and CMD/SEC ... in order to reach 10 hrs in other categories, there is no need to cite more similar-type crew that have helped me get there for the first two combos.

I personally will be adding a last star to the Borg Queen next ... for shuttles, voyages and for the Borg collection, which I am close to completing.
    Where I go from there will depend on portal pulls and event crew we can obtain in the near future, but I'll be looking for Category A crew for sure and hopefully one that also has collection potential.
  • Options
    Synthetic CommanderSynthetic Commander ✭✭✭✭✭
    RaraRacing wrote: »
    I guess I just approach the whole crew thing with a different viewpoint ...

The Keeper for me would be an ideal crew to have exactly for those CMD/MED voyages just because I need to have a good dose of SCI too ... immortal The Keeper would provide 50% of the 3000 SCI I'm looking for.
    I have the same immortal MED crew as you do, so DIP and SEC are never difficult to get to decent levels ... I can't simulate a voyage at the moment because my crew are out, but I can give examples on where the struggle is and how someone like The Keeper would help at a later time if needed.

@Synthetic Commander my advice was basically not to cite MED-specific crew to improve MED on a voyage (sounds contradictory), but just crew in general, who happen to also have MED, to improve voyage crew in general.

You give two examples:
    a) Borg Queen: Someone who has a skill combo that sets her apart from average and so citing her will pretty much improve any player's voyage crew (same goes for e.g. Mirror Picard) and usually by quite a bit.

b) High Roller Sisko: Value improvement crew ... someone who has a common skill set and is just a touch better than crew a player might have, so slightly improving their crew (for voyages) ... I mean, how much better is an immortal High Roller Sisko over Thrax or Kol? Almost all of the additional voyage points Sisko has are because his tertiary skill (DIP) is a lot better than Thrax's for example.

I personally wouldn't cite crew in category B unless they are mega-event crew ... I'd rather cite crew in category A that improve my crew selection options in width ... like I've stated, I've now made 10 hrs in CMD/DIP (twice) and CMD/SEC ... in order to reach 10 hrs in other categories, there is no need to cite more similar-type crew that have helped me get there for the first two combos.

I personally will be adding a last star to the Borg Queen next ... for shuttles, voyages and for the Borg collection, which I am close to completing.
    Where I go from there will depend on portal pulls and event crew we can obtain in the near future, but I'll be looking for Category A crew for sure and hopefully one that also has collection potential.

The difference here may be due to differences in our crew manifest. I don't need 3/5 Queen for dip/sec or cmd/sec (where Thrax and Kol help round these out), and while she's currently on my cmd/sci and cmd/dip voyages, I'd benefit more from citing up Captain Braxton (1/5 currently) for a significantly higher total voyage score in the long run.

I'm already at 10 hours average voyages now within +/- a few minutes depending on traits with HR Sisko while hes at 4/5, so one more star on him means pretty reliable 10 hours for 2 voyage skill combos for me AND he's best sec base skill in the game with a healthy number of events. That was a huge no brainer for my crew.

I'll add that I'm not trying to say keeper is a terrible choice, but I suspect for many he might be overtaken too soon. I'm at 9 hour average voyages for SCI/MED and keeper is on that crew even at 1/5. But here's the manifest and I'll tell you who I would pick instead for a citation:
    Armus (5/5) | Reverend Phlox(5/5) | Surak(5/5) | Bell Riots Bashir(5/5) | Dr. Katherine Pulaski(1/5) | First Officer Burnham(5/5) | The Caretaker(3/5) | Temporal Prisoner Chakotay(5/5) | Dr. Hugh Culber(1/5) | Mirror Stamets(1/5) | The Keeper(1/5) | Prisoner Katrina Cornwell (5/5)

Here I'd pick Mirror Stamets (1/5) or Culber (1/5) when I'm ready to target this voyage, because they both offer a stronger crew overall for events and Stamets significantly stronger for voyage totals. Perhaps Reverend Phlox is showing some big advantage for me here though.
  • Options
    Yeah it’s what I figured I just need about 20 citations
    Pulaski phlox keeper and da Vinci.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Did I say I have a lot of time on this just hit level 80 so now I have enough for a citation and it’s strange I think I am leaning to the keeper more now.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Well in the Interim, Dark Ages McCoy is now immortal thanks to the Plagues pack.
    Gangster Kirk is immortal thanks to event and packs.
    And the Keeper is now immortal.
    And with high Roller Sisko in the Campaign my army is growing steadily.

I still think my best options are Phlox, Neelix and probably now Wrathful Kirk
    Other crew I'm considering are Science officer Spock (Both for Event potential and he is my next best Science crew in my roster. Edit: also we have had a Spock campaign so could be a safe bet for citations.
    Assimilated Hawk, However I do have a second Mirror Picard at 4/5
    Gladiator Spock,
    Da Vinci - Da vinci is in portal and I have a second copy of the Caretaker at 2/5 although the traits come up quite frequently for him so adds to versatility.

I did contemplate finishing Thrax and Kor because that is probably hindering me hitting 10 hours on the commonest skill sets, but High Roller Sisko is likely to help accomplish that halfway through the next campaign.

Pulaski has probably slipped down the list for now.
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    I have been reading this thread with much interest, especially re: The Keeper & Reverend Phlox. Thank you to all who have shared your perspectives so far.

As a gauge of my own Voyage needs, I loaded the top 2 cards for each skill and compared totals. Not surprisingly, MED & SCI are my weakest area:

k528eth8n1y7.png

I will be using Honor & Campaign citations on The Keeper, mainly for the same reasons that @RaraRacing expressed above but also, and this is important to me, because I like the character & would like to use the card more often. LLAP 🖖🏻
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    The CARETAKER of course 😉😉😉
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Ok ... have had some time to do some fine-tuning etc. (had to search for this thread a bit) :) I said I'd come back to it when I had the time ... long text ...

dc2wzqg8ys5j.png

- Don't worry too much about colours etc. or stuff in BOLD etc. ... for my personal reference.

- This shows 5*, non-FF crew ... how their skill set (have only taken 3-skill crew) relates to other 5*s (3-skill, both non-FF and immortal) that I have at this moment in time when comparing voyage stats. Crew with rarer skill combos are more highly valued and for crew with equal skill combos their voyage totals differentiate them.

- The first three columns show all above average crew and how their voyage totals relate when taking their skill "rarity" into account, I've grouped them into standard deviations ... within one, one to two, two to three, 3+.

- The middle 3 columns show the effect of the third skill with regards to skill set rarity and voyage total.

- The last 4 columns show a combined result ... with the third one a bit different. Where column 3 in this section takes the Big Book tier rating (after the recent update to 10 tiers) into account, where I'd consider that to be an overall crew usefulness rating that includes events, base score, gauntlet possibilities etc.

--> e.g. Although Loken has the most unique skillset/voyage combo (score 304,1) ... he drops to second place (76,0) when I take the Big Book score into account with Pollard (79,1) making a huge jump up.
    - Great MED base;
    - Disco event potential;
    - Good skill set for voyages with MED / CMD and an excellent tertiary skill in SCI;
    - Compares favourably to other 5* crew's (that I own) skill sets for voyages.
    Only the bottom two are reflected in Pollard's score of 158,2.

One of the neat things of adding in the Big Book tier rating is that crew like Grand Nagus Rom or Braxton really shift ranks ...
    - In the case on GN Rom ... I personally do not own many 5*s with any combo of DIP, ENG and CMD ... and no others in that exact order, so even though he has really poor voyage stats, he is rated above average on my crew ... but when taking the BB into account, he drops below average (6,8) on my crew ... showing me that I've just not been fortunate to get other 5*s in with his skill set and that the moment I do, GN Rom will become outdated ...
    - The opposite is for Braxton ... where he has a common skill set on my crew so drops in average ranks (though compares favourably vs other CMD, SEC & ENG crew) ... the jump he makes with the BB score shows that his voyage score really will be relevant for a while.

Anyway, that's all for now ... don't want to dig up an old discussion too much. :)
  • Options
    that alright i nearly dug it up myself a couple of days ago, I've just finished EMA so I am toying with other cards now Owosekun, Pollard, Disco Spock, Rev Phlox, Assimilated Hawk, Disco No1. Probably still going to cite mega which might put Spock and Owosekun back down. Seems to be a safer bet just to permanently focus on MED crew these days.
  • Options
    I've been working on elite med crew so much though (EMA, cheesecake seven, QoD, tactical neelix (med sec)), CMD and SCI have fallen way behind in fused crew. And I did not even touch Pollard yet. I was considering disco spock or boothby next when I got very lucky with Owosekun drops and FF'd her with the $10 deal and 50k honor.

It's crazy how this game goes sometimes, my two weakest skills suddenly falling in my lap with 2 x high tier crew with timekeeper helping fill out both CMD and SCI as well. Now Braxton becomes much more viable to work on next!