Home The Bridge
Options

Nearing the 100,000 Honor Mark

edited October 2018 in The Bridge
I'm nearing the 100K Honor mark.

Should I spend it on Captain Beverly Picard, Kahless the Unforgettable, Legendary Citation or Legendary Behold or should I spend it on neither?

I wish there were better characters to chose from than the above. Does anyone else agree?

What is the largest amount of honor that anyone has saved up, before deciding to spend it?

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    Everyone who has Kahless or Beverly has saved up at least 100k honor. Kahless is good, Beverly is not that great. But even Kahless, if you are not a huge fan that honor can be spent elsewhere. It's not possible giving you good advice when we don't know what crew you have. But the citation is always a great choice.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Captain Beverly works well in the gauntlet if the stars are aligned. I don't have her and don't really miss it. Kahless the Unaffordable is far more desirable for gauntlet and voyages. I don't have him, either, but I would chose him between the choices. I originally saved for him, but decided to buy citations instead.
  • Options
    AmphistaffAmphistaff ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spending on a behold is probably the worst option you could do. If you like or need Kahless he's a good option. Beverly isn't very good, she's got a huge med roll but her other skills are pretty poor. Generally citations are going to be best but if/when/who to cite depends on your situation. You want to look at who will help you now. Is there someone who can finish a collection? Someone who will help you with shuttles or voyages? If there's not really anyone who will help you now, you should save it. I remember when spider Barclay came out I had been saving since I didn't have anyone I needed and I spent 150 or 200k honor to fuse him up immediately. He's done a ton of work for me since.
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    One of my fleet mates had over 600K honor saved up a while back. No idea if he still has it or not. I wouldn't be all that surprised if one of the larger whales has a million in the bank.

Personally, I wouldn't bother with either Kahless or Cap Bev - but that's my perspective based on my own crew needs and how I value honor. I wouldn't consider it a mistake if you used it on one of them. Just not my cup of tea.

As for beholds vs citations... this is one of those chocolate vs vanilla debates. I understand the arguments against beholds, but at this point in my game progress, beholds have proven useful to me. I have a boatload of 1/5 and 2/5 crew (74 of them at this moment). As many will point out, adding a star to a 1/5 yields very little immediate value, so it's almost like wasting it (an argument that doesn't apply if you only have a few legendaries). None of my 2/5 crew are particularly deserving of a boost to 3/5 via citation either (e.g., Grand Nagus Zek, General Chang, Senator Vreenak - nope all around). I could buy a citation for one of my seven 3/5 crew... OR I could buy a behold and possibly get a) a discounted star for any of my existing crew, b) a new 1/5 that I've wanted to add to my crew, or c) 3 choices that Hoover. I only have 11 FF'd legendaries, so the odds of a full-house FF behold are slim enough that I'm not worried about it.

For a time, I was a "buy citations only" player. Right now, I find the risk of getting a Hoover outcome to be outweighed by the potential benefits that a behold offers for me. Someday, I expect to revert back to the "only citations" attitude.

Edit: I have purchased 8 legendary beholds. Thus far, I regret none of the choices I've made from them. Some have had more value than others (Seven of Nine - yes! Mirror Regent Worf - meh.) but every one of them has done something for me.
  • Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had 150k honour, I spent it all on 3 citations for Falcon O'Brian makes him pretty decent for this Mega and more useful than Minuet.
    DB: Do Better
  • Options
    Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018

Should I spend it on Captain Beverly Picard, Kahless the Unforgettable, Legendary Citation or Legendary Behold or should I spend it on neither?

I wish there were better characters to chose from than the above. Does anyone else agree?

What is the largest amount of honor that anyone has saved up, before deciding to spend it?

Thanks.

Contrary to what a lot of people are saying here, Captain Bev has been one of the best honour investments (if not the best) that I’ve done in this game. Her high CMD and MED combo plus a decent amount of DIP have made her invaluable in my voyages, she pretty much makes every voyage. Her skills are rivalled by only one other character: Reverend Phlox, and due to his recent release, he’s not in the main portal yet. So other than her and him, no one else in game has both high CMD and MED.

In addition to her stellar voyage capabilities, she’s also quite a good gauntleteer. I break her out more than Mirror Phlox even, due to her 3 skills compared to his 2. She has common enough traits to receive bonuses fairly often too.

So I guess my advice is, don’t sleep on Captain Bev. She’s a sound investment.

Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • Options
    Average GuyAverage Guy ✭✭✭✭
    I don't have any of the mentioned honour hall characters. I think for my crew as a mid tier player, they are out of reach at this point cost wise. If you don't have a lot of 5/5, then you probably have at least one skill gap like I do. If you don't buy any of the honour hall options, then isolate your best choice for upgrade and cite them up to fill the gap. 1,2,3/5 are on par with most 4/4 so you need 4/5 before legendaries become far more valuable than the best 4/4. It's better to have 5-10 x 5/5 FE with a strong 4/4 crew than an army of 1,2/5.
  • Options
    IkritIkrit ✭✭✭
    I'm aiming for Capt Crusher. I have about 50k honor, and I have gotten a begold every time I got to 45k. I got COP Founder Picard, a character I wanted since his release (for my Picard collection and for personal reasons), from my last honor begold, and I don't desperately want any other 5* in the portal. I do want a strong Med/Cmd crew for voyages (might be the weakest voyage combo in the game, sinve they have added a couple of Med/Eng recently) and I really like "All Good Things..." (I was ecstatic when that episode's Picard was released).
  • Options
    Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always save 50k for mega events but I decided not to cite Minuet. I took this opportunity to work towards Captain Bev. I'm currently sitting at 90k honor.
  • Options
    Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭

I currently have 510,001 honor. Not too long ago I had close to 740,000 honor but I've bought some citations since then

I have both Captain Beverly Picard and Kahless the Unaffordable at 5/5

Beverly ends up being on a lot of my Voyages and Kahless is used in almost every Gauntlet so both are useful. It just depends on how you play as to which is preferable.

• Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m surprised at the Captain Beverly shunning. As muh lady said above, she’s phenomenal for Voyages. I spent 250,000 honor on her (DYC as well) and I’m very glad I did. I do have Rev Phlox as well, both immortalized. Any time COM comes up in my Voyages, I go to MED and pop them both in those slots first. I always look at the improvement over others rate, kind of like Wins Above Replacement in baseball. Khaless does have great stats but it’s only a few hundred voyage points over several hundred options. Captain Beverly is over 2,000 voyage points over the next best option besides Phlox. Having two MED seats on a voyage only magnifies that.
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    I have kahless...he is cool and i do use him on occasion for a voyage...but since i havent played gauntlet in over a month, he is seeing way less use than he used to...as for beverly...i have defensive phlox so i dont need more med proficiency and also i dont play gauntlet anymore...so beverly isnt needed for me atm. I might get her someday but not today. I also agree with @Peachtree Rex and the majority, that beholds are a very very bad idea! Behold i think are the best option but then im happy with where i am honor hall wise...i generate about 50,000 honor per month and i just dont want beverly...simple as that! Hope that helps!
  • Options
    eXo | das411eXo | das411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i was always a "use them to buy beholds" guy, until i FINALLY got the dude who i have been chasing the hardest, FO Chekov, in that pack from a couple of weeks ago. now i'm saving up to turn some of those 1/5s into 2, 3 and maybe even 4/5s...
  • Options
    Nero84Nero84 ✭✭✭
    I right now I am sitting on 350,000 honor (I am a hoarder). My recommendation to my fleet mates is generally the same.
    1. Never use honor on Super Rare crew
    2. Legendary Citations are best strategy unless
    3. You saving for Kahless

Kahless is great voyage and gauntlet character. Still one of the best in the game. Beverly is just ok... She is a good option though if you didn't get Guinan in the Gauntlet. In regards to citations over legendary beholds, citations are generally always the best option. If you are new and need to build crew it is a gamble but I wouldn't blame someone for doing a legendary behold in this case, but after you have a well rounded crew citations are always the way to go.
  • Options
    Hungry Dog DDMHungry Dog DDM ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Captain Beverly Picard (the best Captain Picard) is one of my favorite cards. She has been incredibly useful in both Voyage and Gauntlet for me. Khaless is better still for Gauntlet. But I'm just partial to all things Beverly I suppose. I have about 200K sitting in the bank, 50K of which will always be reserved to cite the next recurring mega. When I run out of space I suppose I'll just use it to finish and cryo the litany of 3/4 cards I have.
    Drunken Dahar Masters is recruiting active players.
    PM for details.

So long and thanks for all the fish.
  • Options
    KTzKTz ✭✭✭
    I go for citations!
  • Options
    I use Beverly Picard in gauntlet and in voyages a lot. She's a great way to drop some MED in a CMD slot. I have her at 3 or 4 stars now, having dropped citations on her.

I use Kahless in the gauntlet all the time, of course.
  • Options
    PenguinJim wrote: »
    Captain Beverly Picard (the best Captain Picard)
    We saw her go on one mission and her ship exploded and destroyed humanity.

Just sayin'.

I stand by my assessment.
    Drunken Dahar Masters is recruiting active players.
    PM for details.

So long and thanks for all the fish.
  • Options
    PenguinJim wrote: »
    Captain Beverly Picard (the best Captain Picard)
    We saw her go on one mission and her ship exploded and destroyed humanity.

Just sayin'.

Her destroying humanity is what merits that. We as a species needed this. :p

Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
  • Options
    I use Beverly Picard in gauntlet and in voyages a lot. She's a great way to drop some MED in a CMD slot. I have her at 3 or 4 stars now, having dropped citations on her.

And it’s so amusing how crazy great she is for voyages and even somewhat for gauntlet, because I remember when she was released as the newest honour hall 5* that people bemoaned how low her skill bases were. And yet! One of the best voyageers in this game.

• Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

And it’s so amusing how crazy great she is for voyages and even somewhat for gauntlet, because I remember when she was released as the newest honour hall 5* that people bemoaned how low her skill bases were. And yet! One of the best voyageers in this game.

For sure. Extremely Voyage valuable

• Options
    Quit GameQuit Game ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018

I just put in sulan and/or age of sail crusher there instead. No, Beverly Picard is not worth 100k. She would certainly be worth 75k, but 100k? Nope.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just put in sulan and/or age of sail crusher there instead. No, Beverly Picard is not worth 100k. She would certainly be worth 75k, but 100k? Nope.

Well that’s an exact market value analysis. I paid 250k honor plus $25 for her and I’m very glad I did. It’s all about what you’re looking for as I wouldn’t spend any amount of honor for Khaless. He’s just a notch above many I already have yet Bev is way above what I had.

• Options

I'm amused that you think Sulan or AoS Crusher hold a candle to Bev's CMD/MED combination. That's the real use I get out of her. She's a strong MED who can either help along a MED-based voyage from a CMD slot and doesn't have to take up the more restrictive MED slots. Or, she can act as an off-shoot in a CMD slot to raise MED to a decent level in a non-MED focused voyage, and still likely end up contributing something to whatever the gold or silver skill is for a voyage. Sulan and AoS Crusher aren't bad at all, but just don't cut it for what all Cap'n Bev serves.

In most voyages with MED gold skill, MED is hard enough to raise up to a nice 8-hour voyage, because CMD, SEC, and ENG are all low MED potential slots so that pretty much relegates you just to filling DIP, MED, and SCI slots. And, if you load up SCI with MED, you're going to likely suffer with low ENG. Likewise if you load up DIP with MED, you'll likely suffer low CMD. So because Cap'n Bev has strong CMD, she doesn't make the CMD slot suffer and adds nicely to MED and a fair amount to DIP. She's essentially freeing up some other slot because her CMD is high and ideal for that slot, unlike if you put Sulan or AoS Crusher there where their CMD debilitates that slot because they only have 500-600 in the skill at max. And, you sorta have to have them at 5* for the most part in order to get that 500-600 amount. Cap'n Bev does great in CMD/MED even at 3* by adding about 1000 to both CMD/MED and that is compounded even more if you have starbase bonuses. Sulan at 3* is rather pitiful for voyages, and Aos Crusher does alright, but not as efficiently as Cap'n' B sets a voyage at 3*.

I'm just a diehard Cap'n Bev advocate, mostly because I too felt her stats were underwhelming when I first saw her. Then I finally decided to get her and yeah, I've never looked back.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm amused that you think Sulan or AoS Crusher hold a candle to Bev's CMD/MED combination. That's the real use I get out of her. She's a strong MED who can either help along a MED-based voyage from a CMD slot and doesn't have to take up the more restrictive MED slots. Or, she can act as an off-shoot in a CMD slot to raise MED to a decent level in a non-MED focused voyage, and still likely end up contributing something to whatever the gold or silver skill is for a voyage. Sulan and AoS Crusher aren't bad at all, but just don't cut it for what all Cap'n Bev serves.

In most voyages with MED gold skill, MED is hard enough to raise up to a nice 8-hour voyage, because CMD, SEC, and ENG are all low MED potential slots so that pretty much relegates you just to filling DIP, MED, and SCI slots. And, if you load up SCI with MED, you're going to likely suffer with low ENG. Likewise if you load up DIP with MED, you'll likely suffer low CMD. So because Cap'n Bev has strong CMD, she doesn't make the CMD slot suffer and adds nicely to MED and a fair amount to DIP. She's essentially freeing up some other slot because her CMD is high and ideal for that slot, unlike if you put Sulan or AoS Crusher there where their CMD debilitates that slot because they only have 500-600 in the skill at max. And, you sorta have to have them at 5* for the most part in order to get that 500-600 amount. Cap'n Bev does great in CMD/MED even at 3* by adding about 1000 to both CMD/MED and that is compounded even more if you have starbase bonuses. Sulan at 3* is rather pitiful for voyages, and Aos Crusher does alright, but not as efficiently as Cap'n' B sets a voyage at 3*.

I'm just a diehard Cap'n Bev advocate, mostly because I too felt her stats were underwhelming when I first saw her. Then I finally decided to get her and yeah, I've never looked back.

+1000 muh lady!!!
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

I get where you are coming from, really. I am also left with the notion that 300,000 honor for what would be a decent yet incremental improvement on MED/COM and COM/MED voyages is just too much for me. I could put more stars on my 1/5* Alternate Future Bashir or 1/5* The Keeper instead; while I won’t get the same huge boost to COM I can compensate for that by slotting COM-heavy crew into the COM and SEC slots.
  • Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    There's no doubt Capt. Bev would be a nice addition to many crew quarters, but unless her addition is going to somehow bump my voyages she'd be used in from 8+ hours to 10 hours for one more dilemma I'm not sure I want to forgo improving my general crew to not only get her but cite her up. Maybe if I was spending more and therefore acquiring honor faster. I'd like to have both her and Kahless 5/5 really, but don't get honor that fast, especially not anymore.