Home The Bridge
Options

Nearing the 100,000 Honor Mark

13»

Comments

• Options
    Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    Accidentally pressed purchase on Kahless when I was meant to check on his stats.

I suppose it wasn’t a bad move. I was gonna immortalize Captain Scott instead, but I have to start saving honor again.

:(

You can probably raise a ticket if you're feeling buyer's remorse this quickly. Can't hurt to try.
  • Options
    Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Accidentally pressed purchase on Kahless when I was meant to check on his stats.

I suppose it wasn’t a bad move. I was gonna immortalize Captain Scott instead, but I have to start saving honor again.

:(

You can probably raise a ticket if you're feeling buyer's remorse this quickly. Can't hurt to try.

They’d probably refund and take kahless, but doubtful on them putting the button back in the shop, so you might not be able to buy in the future.
  • Options
    AMDGAMDG ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Honor is renewable. Time spent ingame is not.
  • Options
    AMDG wrote: »
    Honor is renewable. Time spent ingame is not.

Should've been more careful when I tapped away.
  • Options
    Vreenak9 wrote: »
    Here are some of my Legendary crew. I only have 16 Immortalized

you have more Legendary crew 5/5 then me having golden at all. How do you get 59! Legendary without leveling them????
    I just have 4 Legendaries immortal...

I took advantage of the crew slot sales when they were offered. Sometimes my rewards weren’t that good. Most Super Rare crew that were duplicates but sometimes a newbie that were a begold.

I don’t know why people don’t take advantage of Crew slot sales.

I have 455 crew at the moment. I just recently froze Rianna Mayweather, my first time freezing a Super Rare crew to get Kahless the Unforgettable which I accidentally purchased.

A lot of people don't heavily take advantage of crew slot sales once they reach max dil cost, because they're expensive even at half price. 1500 dil per 5 slots, means you've had to spend a fair bit of MONEY to increase slots much. Especially if you ever extend voyages or spend dil on event/crew packs. I've got 37 frozen purple crew and 44 legendary crew total. You've got 59 legendary and just froze your first purple, that sounds to me like you spend much more money than me in a shorter time on the game (especially to get that many begolds), as you've had insufficient time to have more voyage/event purple crew drop and chrons to level them up and freeze them. Or perhaps you're extremely focused on spending dil on crew slots and never extend voyages or buy crew packs I guess.

I get the impression some people's excitement to buy more packs puts them really behind in levelling crew. I've currently got 3 legendaries in progress (had to start/stop them due to faction item walls and changing priorities when got a new begold or event chron hoarding), but all the rest of them are FE including 1/5.
  • Options
    A lot of people don't heavily take advantage of crew slot sales once they reach max dil cost, because they're expensive even at half price. 1500 dil per 5 slots, means you've had to spend a fair bit of MONEY to increase slots much. Especially if you ever extend voyages or spend dil on event/crew packs. I've got 37 frozen purple crew and 44 legendary crew total. You've got 59 legendary and just froze your first purple, that sounds to me like you spend much more money than me in a shorter time on the game (especially to get that many begolds), as you've had insufficient time to have more voyage/event purple crew drop and chrons to level them up and freeze them. Or perhaps you're extremely focused on spending dil on crew slots and never extend voyages or buy crew packs I guess.

I get the impression some people's excitement to buy more packs puts them really behind in levelling crew. I've currently got 3 legendaries in progress (had to start/stop them due to faction item walls and changing priorities when got a new begold or event chron hoarding), but all the rest of them are FE including 1/5.

Isn't it really hard to level Legendary / Super Rare crew especially with the resources that you need, such as Holo-programs, Science Lessons, Communique, or Single Pot Whiskey are hard to get?.

I always have to wait until the Replicator Rations to refresh until the next day to level some of my crew or is there an easier way to do this?

I do buy crew packs, but I'm not lucky as the others as to the rewards. I always end up getting duplicates and sometimes I'll get a new crew, then I'll end up not having any space for them. :'(

• Options
    Vreenak9Vreenak9 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Thought so too. I mean that is a lot of Money, isn't it?
    I'm focused on my 4/4* to freeze them to make space for new ones. Normaly I level two or three golden aside. When i get a begold, most of the time i choose the one i allready to save space and make my crew more helpful in voyages and shuttle missions.
    "I am First Omet'iklan and i'm dead. As of this moment, we are all dead. We go into battle to reclaim our lives. This we do gladly, for we are Jem'Hadar. Remember: victory is life"

VIP-Level: 14
    Fleet: [GER]StarFleet
    Immortals total: 437; 23 Legendaries; 257 Super Rare; 79 Rare; 51 Uncommon; 27 Common

Collections: Rare; Uncommen; Common; Live Long and Prosper; Do no Harm; Chain of Command; The neutral Zone; Valor in Combat; The Daystrom Award; The Eugenic Wars; Rules of Aquisition
  • Options

Isn't it really hard to level Legendary / Super Rare crew especially with the resources that you need, such as Holo-programs, Science Lessons, Communique, or Single Pot Whiskey are hard to get?.

I always have to wait until the Replicator Rations to refresh until the next day to level some of my crew or is there an easier way to do this?

I do buy crew packs, but I'm not lucky as the others as to the rewards. I always end up getting duplicates and sometimes I'll get a new crew, then I'll end up not having any space for them. :'(

Now with double reward ad-warps on cadet missions, I'm finding it much easier to push through faction only components (holoprograms, science lessons, etc) for leveling than it used to be. Also a key factor for me in speeding up leveling was to focus on balancing my crew to reach 8+ hours on almost every voyage I run now, unless I get bad luck with RNG. The extra chrons hitting 8 hours on every voyage speeds things up significantly.

Besides making sure that you double reward EVERY cadet mission every day (means only run a cadet mission once per hour), and focusing on hitting 8 hour voyages, the rest is just patience and not buying more packs until you've finished your current crew. You'll still get some purples at 4/4 from voyages and events, so buying packs is really not necessary every week.

Actually I forgot to mention, that when a skirmish event is coming up, I don't level any crew except maybe an event crew if I need it, and hoard 100% chrons from the event announcement and spend the max hours I possibly can all weekend on skirmishing. The chron feedback loop is such a huge boost to speed up crew if you're able to commit the time (I have to sacrifice sleep for it).
  • Options
    JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually I forgot to mention, that when a skirmish event is coming up, I spend the max hours I possibly can all weekend on skirmishing. (I have to sacrifice sleep for it).

Which, yet again, in your case is very hypocritical. Cause you always attack/judge people who keep the game running and finance it for peeps like you by buying packs. Now yet again. Your way to play is the holy grail, everyone should do it like that, everyone should be a clone of you, lol.

To you investing not only time, but also cash is a sin. With pseudo phycological blabla you always tell peeps that that takes away from socializing in reality. You even sacrifice sleep for this game though. Which not only takes time away from socializing itself by your "logic", but is also unhealthy. And that for a game with outdated technology that will not last according to your own words. As said: Very hypochritical Commander Synthehol. And also presumptuous:

What people invest (in your case time and lack of sleep, for others time and some cash etc.) is their business alone. Furthermore as Q already and rightfully says in the Gauntlet: This is a marathon. So your speed levelling approach is your style of play, again not something everybody else needs to follow. Different peeps, different approaches. A quite simple concept to grasp really, try to get it one day ;)

• Options
    Actually I forgot to mention, that when a skirmish event is coming up, I spend the max hours I possibly can all weekend on skirmishing. (I have to sacrifice sleep for it).

Which, yet again, in your case is very hypocritical. Cause you always attack/judge people who keep the game running and finance it for peeps like you by buying packs. Now yet again. Your way to play is the holy grail, everyone should do it like that, everyone should be a clone of you, lol.

To you investing not only time, but also cash is a sin. With pseudo phycological blabla you always tell peeps that that takes away from socializing in reality. You even sacrifice sleep for this game though. Which not only takes time away from socializing itself by your "logic", but is also unhealthy. And that for a game with outdated technology that will not last according to your own words. As said: Very hypochritical Commander Synthehol. And also presumptuous:

What people invest (in your case time and lack of sleep, for others time and some cash etc.) is their business alone. Furthermore as Q already and rightfully says in the Gauntlet: This is a marathon. So your speed levelling approach is your style of play, again not something everybody else needs to follow. Different peeps, different approaches. A quite simple concept to grasp really, try to get it one day ;)

Are you following me around the forums looking to reply to my messages? I don't remember you but seem to have made quite an impression.

This is the newbie forum, and he asked specifically if there's an easier way. I was trying to help give suggestions.
  • Options
    I didn’t know this was a newbie forum.

I’m not a newbie and I’ve been playing this game for nearly 2 years ago now.

Where else am I supposed to post questions like this?
  • Options
    AMDGAMDG ✭✭✭
    Relax, this is not a newbie forum and each play style has its virtues. As a f2p I play the game concentrating on strategy, if I was a whale I would collect every crew and so on.
  • Options
    Hey guys. I don't want to start an argument here. I must confess that i'm just a little envy. I really wanna catch them all, but i'm not able to. Money wise. So i have to find out the right strategy to do my best.
    I'm always amazed by collections from whales or players who have a bigger payroll then me. But this is totaly out of my league.

"I am First Omet'iklan and i'm dead. As of this moment, we are all dead. We go into battle to reclaim our lives. This we do gladly, for we are Jem'Hadar. Remember: victory is life"

VIP-Level: 14
    Fleet: [GER]StarFleet
    Immortals total: 437; 23 Legendaries; 257 Super Rare; 79 Rare; 51 Uncommon; 27 Common

Collections: Rare; Uncommen; Common; Live Long and Prosper; Do no Harm; Chain of Command; The neutral Zone; Valor in Combat; The Daystrom Award; The Eugenic Wars; Rules of Aquisition
  • Options
    Vreenak9 wrote: »
    Hey guys. I don't want to start an argument here. I must confess that i'm just a little envy. I really wanna catch them all, but i'm not able to. Money wise. So i have to find out the right strategy to do my best.
    I'm always amazed by collections from whales or players who have a bigger payroll then me. But this is totaly out of my league.

People are jealous of my chroniton collection and that. That way they think I’m a newbie or cheating the system.

I’m jealous of other people’s inventory collection.
  • Options

My apologies, somehow I thought I was in the other forum. Still, the intent of my reply was to be helpful sharing how I like to play the game (when I have the time to commit). I continue to learn more about this game as others share their approaches, and just want to give back my ideas occasionally.
  • Options

My apologies, somehow I thought I was in the other forum. Still, the intent of my reply was to be helpful sharing how I like to play the game (when I have the time to commit). I continue to learn more about this game as others share their approaches, and just want to give back my ideas occasionally.

I don’t think the other forum is also a newbie forum.

I might have to ask Shan on that.