Home The Bridge
Options

Is it slowly getting time for a new Gauntlet character?

Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2018 in The Bridge
Looking back on the gauntlet-exclusive characters, Locutus was made a gauntlet character in January of 2017, Bartender Guinan was released in June of 2017, and finally Caretaker in February of 2018. That's a span of 6-8 months between gauntlet-exclusive character releases. Seeing as how now is nearing the end of the 8th month since Caretaker's release, it makes me wonder, are we up for a new gauntleteer soon?

If so, who do you think it should be? What would their skills be?
Usually gauntlet-exclusives are quite unique hallmark characters, like The Caretaker and Locutus.
Guinan might be to an extent, but she has multiple other versions available, so she is likely less so in the unique department. Unique meaning having only one possible version or was ephemeral in appearance. Hallmark meaning an accomplished character or a character key to a plot. I can think of a few possibilities, but let's see who all we can come up with and who all we want to see.

Unique & Hallmark

jye0aa5aoa9z.jpg

Sha-ka-ree (TOS: SEC, DIP, CMD)

tst5kz4jlyr7.jpg

Sphere Builder (ENT: ENG, SCI, SEC)

qbmfa7uvfyj5.jpg

Mediator Riva (TNG: DIP, CMD, MED)

w3f22b9wgl2t.jpg

Number One (TOS: SCI, CMD, SEC)

Unique

xpcte0xb1grz.jpg

Dr. Lewis Zimmerman (DS9/VOY: ENG, MED, CMD)

074vrb47ba6t.jpg

Onaya (DS9: DIP, MED, SCI)

bat287n7e0a7.jpg

Female Q (VOY: CMD, DIP, SEC)

Hallmark

xf3y8hv4c6sq.jpg

Captain Spock (TOS: SCI, CMD, ENG)

39ld9m12btyi.jpg

High Priestess T'Pau (TOS: DIP, SCI, MED)

tgvgyhlne8aa.jpg

Admiral McCoy (TNG: MED, CMD, DIP)
Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.

Comments

• Options
    all outstanding suggestions!

if I had to pick just one, really tough choice between Riva and Onaya, but I think Onaya to give the character a little bit of villain flavour just like most of the previous Gauntlet features.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    all outstanding suggestions!

if I had to pick just one, really tough choice between Riva and Onaya, but I think Onaya to give the character a little bit of villain flavour just like most of the previous Gauntlet features.

Well I think only Locutus has had villain flavour for the gauntlet-exclusive crew so far, Guinan nor Caretaker are particularly villain-esque. Onaya could balance out the villainy of the gauntlet-exclusive crew though, as could the Sphere Builder or Sha-Ka-Ree. But thanks for your input. :)
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
  • Options
    RogueAngylRogueAngyl ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Voyager 6, please.
    Engineering, science, security?
    Maybe engineering, sci or sec, and medical (since V'Ger ripped Ilia apart and probed her back together).
    My 8-Point STT Strategy:

1. Voyage.
    2. Have fun. If something isn't fun, don't do it.
    3. Only pursue characters I care about.
    4. Contribute to the fleet.
    5. No more spending beyond monthly cards.
    6. Have fun.
    7. Voyage.
    8. Have fun!
  • Options
    Nice choices - and I'd pick either the Sphere Builder or Onaya from these. Another potentially intriguing future addition to consider for the gallery of Gauntlet characters would be The Peddler from the ST:TNG ep. 'The Arsenal of Freedom' (I'd suggest SEC/DIP/COM for traits).

k1za68nduyhg.jpg

Come to think of it - he would have been a natural as one of the featured characters for the finale of the Mega Event we're now playing.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Captain Spock is the only one that comes close to being as iconic. I still can't believe he hasn't been added. If he's being held for gauntlet, that's the only reasonable explanation.
  • Options
    sorinevsorinev ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    I still don't have a Caretaker. I guess I need to play gauntlet for more than just 24 hours, and more than just a few times per week. But the gauntlet just kills my soul, the more time I spend in it.
    [SSR] Sorin08
  • Options
    I'd probably say Sphere Builder, and then Lewis Zimmerman for Honor Hall. But all the characters please.
    Drunken Dahar Masters is recruiting active players.
    PM for details.

So long and thanks for all the fish.
  • Options
    RogueAngyl wrote: »
    Voyager 6, please.
    Maybe engineering, sci or sec, and medical (since V'Ger ripped Ilia apart and probed her back together).

03t8bpvnr9sj.jpg

I'm definitely up for V'Ger, but only if they make it the fused version of Decker/Ilia/V'ger, so Merged V'Ger Creator. Having just a big satellite would somehow not allow me to suspend my disbelief enough that it could be crew. But then again, given time, maybe... :p

Nice choices - and I'd pick either the Sphere Builder or Onaya from these. Another potentially intriguing future addition to consider for the gallery of Gauntlet characters would be The Peddler from the ST:TNG ep. 'The Arsenal of Freedom' (I'd suggest SEC/DIP/COM for traits).

k1za68nduyhg.jpg

Come to think of it - he would have been a natural as one of the featured characters for the finale of the Mega Event we're now playing.

He is an interesting choice, he would indeed be good for this mega. As for a gauntlet-exclusive, I don't know if I personally think of him as iconic enough.
    S31 wrote: »
    Kir'shara Archer

Prophet Kira

Pai-Wraith Jake Sisko

This Guy

Archer is good, but I'm honestly hoping they're saving him for a very worthwhile Archer event.

Kira is a good choice. We already have a Pah-Wraith possessed character in Keiko, so having a Prophet possessed character in Kira is a good idea.

Jake, ehhhh, maybe? He's iconic in the episode, but I'd rather go with Kira for sure.

And who is That Guy?

• Options
    AviTrek wrote: »
    Captain Spock is the only one that comes close to being as iconic. I still can't believe he hasn't been added. If he's being held for gauntlet, that's the only reasonable explanation.

Gauntlet or Honour Hall is my imagining. If he's being held for HH, then we have to wait until next March (if that's when/if he'll be released), since those only come out once a year.
  • Options
    Atoz.
  • Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zimmerman gets my vote
    DB: Do Better
  • Options
    I’d like kirshara archer, but T’Pau seems the obvious choice to me.
    “Holodeck 2 tomorrow, 1600 hours. Just you, me and a tuning fork”
  • Options

I believe it has been explicitly stated in the past that they have not been able to get the rights to use T'Pau, so I would not expect her any time soon, if ever, unless Discovery brings a new actor in Harry Mudd-style.
  • Options
    S31 wrote: »

This Guy
    errandofmercyhd127.jpg

I knew his name was Ayelborne without looking it up. Why do I remember this all these years later
  • Options
    I also think TOS T’Pau would be cool but I don't think it will happen. Celia Lovsky is long dead and I don’t think she had any immediate family. I’m not sure how they would aquire the rights, but I could be wrong.
  • Options
    If I had to pick one from each series: Col Green, K’mpec, Tekeny Ghemor, Gedrin (the Vaadwaur leader), Admiral Forrest.
  • Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also think TOS T’Pau would be cool but I don't think it will happen. Celia Lovsky is long dead and I don’t think she had any immediate family. I’m not sure how they would aquire the rights, but I could be wrong.

From what I've read she's already on the no list just like TOS Mudd and Charlie X.
  • Options
    FEMALE Q
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options

I believe it has been explicitly stated in the past that they have not been able to get the rights to use T'Pau, so I would not expect her any time soon, if ever, unless Discovery brings a new actor in Harry Mudd-style.

Well there are two different T'Pau actresses though, TOS T'Pau and ENT T'Pau. Could they not secure rights for both?
  • Options
    I play gauntlet regularly. No Caretaker here either, or Guinan.

If we are talking iconic, T'Pau wins hands down! I am aware of the legal struggle which make me want that character in game even more. The young T'Pau from ENT should be in game as well, but not a serious gauntlet reward. Runner up goes to a fused V'Ger!!
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow...so many good suggestions here. I desperately want Captain Spock, then I saw Prophet Kira and am not sure which one I like more for this. I also really dig Pah Wraith Jake but think he would be a better event crew.
  • Options
    RogueAngylRogueAngyl ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Voyager 6, please.

03t8bpvnr9sj.jpg

I'm definitely up for V'Ger, but only if they make it the fused version of Decker/Ilia/V'ger, so Merged V'Ger Creator. Having just a big satellite would somehow not allow me to suspend my disbelief enough that it could be crew. But then again, given time, maybe... :p

While the idea of large 20th Century Probe being in my character list tickles my sense of absurdity a little. I'm not saying triple fused ascended V'Ger is a bad idea either. That being said, the last time I recall us talking about including Capt/Cmdr Decker in game that set off a crapstorm about Stephen Collins' accusations of child sexual abuse... So I'm still leaning towards space probe.
    My 8-Point STT Strategy:

1. Voyage.
    6. Have fun.
    7. Voyage.
    8. Have fun!
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Voyager 6, please.

03t8bpvnr9sj.jpg

While the idea of large 20th Century Probe being in my character list tickles my sense of absurdity a little. I'm not saying triple fused ascended V'Ger is a bad idea either. That being said, the last time I recall us talking about including Capt/Cmdr Decker in game that set off a crapstorm about Stephen Collins' accusations of child sexual abuse... So I'm still leaning towards space probe.

I mean I wouldn't want to give any royalties to Collins either, but the way around that is the use to same image, just alter the face enough to where Collins is not the portrayed character. That's the way to easily circumvent any royalty payouts. Same could go for T'Pau if rights cannot be obtained.

I remember doing some shopping last year in HMV and seeing a Golden Girls' Clue game on the back wall. Looking over the back and reading about the game's premise, I noticed very strongly that the 4th Golden Girl who was supposed to be Sophia, looked nothing like Estelle Getty. My guess is they filled in their own made up face as they could not obtain the rights to use Getty's image.

EDIT: I remembered I uploaded the image to my instagram, so here it is in its glory. But yeah, this is an example of how to circumvent rights' issues or avoid paying royalties to pedos.

nf9ze4sunvly.jpg
  • Options
    Voyager 6, please.

03t8bpvnr9sj.jpg

I mean I wouldn't want to give any royalties to Collins either, but the way around that is the use to same image, just alter the face enough to where Collins is not the portrayed character.

oqelxhgu0kz8.png

As for the rest of it... Wow. Just, wow.
    My 8-Point STT Strategy:

1. Voyage.
    6. Have fun.
    7. Voyage.
    8. Have fun!
  • Options
    Voyager 6, please.

03t8bpvnr9sj.jpg

I mean I wouldn't want to give any royalties to Collins either, but the way around that is the use to same image, just alter the face enough to where Collins is not the portrayed character.

oqelxhgu0kz8.png

As for the rest of it... Wow. Just, wow.

Looks perfect, search is over everyone, we're getting Merged V'Ger Creator everyone, and it's gonna be Angyl's art.
  • Options
    Captain LostCaptain Lost ✭✭✭✭
    I say Captain Spock everytime a topic like this comes up, though I'm kind of hoping he ends up being a Mega event recurring 5*, because Gauntlet RNG can be cruel sometimes and Captain Spock is my number one most wanted character right now. I like the suggestion of Sha-Ka-Ree, that would be a good followup to The Caretaker. Dr. Zimmerman or T'Pau would be great, too.

I love Star Trek the Motion Picture and would really like V'ger to appear in the game somehow, but yeah we can't have a picture of Stephen Collins in the game.

How about Number One, Commodore Decker, Wheelchair Pike from the Menagerie or Nomad?