Home Ready Room

How do you spend your dilithium?

Bella_PhoenixBella_Phoenix ✭✭
edited October 2018 in Ready Room
Hey. Just started to get the monthly dilithium again and was wondering how most of you spend it. I already have 4 shuttles and while I do occasionally have an overflow of crew I think I’m good at 135 crew slots now that I have a plan.

So my question is how do you guys spend your dilitium. Do you guys use them for voyages? Or packs to get more crew or ships?

Comments

• DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I generally use it for voyages, but I'm saving now for the next crew slot sale. I hope to have 6000 by then.
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Voyages and sometimes event packs. Really don't need it anymore but I like a punt occasionally.
    Oh I also sometimes buy extra tickets for Thursdays. You can never have too many shuttle boosts.

Jim
    DB: Do Better
  • I buy a supply kit every day. The rest goes for Event or special packs.
  • I just used some achievement dilithium to finally knock out the 20-hour voyage achievement. Other than that it generally goes to faction event packs or Tuesday packs.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty much the same as others: voyage refreshes when I mis-time a recall or decide to roll the dice on a purple-heavy voyage, occasional event packs, and Tuesday packs if the featured crew is worth the risk of losing my shirt.
  • muwoomuwoo ✭✭✭
    After I bought my 4th shuttle my dil just stays there pretty much. I do do the 10dil spin on the Dabo wheel each day but that's it.
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use a ton for the extra skirmish reward after each battle. Daily I use it for Voyages but never to refresh, only for instant recall. And that’s only if they are favorable skills. If I have say MED/ENG, I’ll let that one go until the 7:00 reset but if I have DIP/COM, like I currently do, I’m recalling that right away to give those skills another go
  • muwoo wrote: »
    After I bought my 4th shuttle my dil just stays there pretty much. I do do the 10dil spin on the Dabo wheel each day but that's it.

That's not at all a bad thing if you have the discipline. You would be primed and ready for a crew slot sale or some other special deal should it interest you. I just can't ever keep it long enough to take advantage.
  • Whenever there's a Skirmish, That's the sinkhole i dump my Dil into. Sometimes, It's recovering a duff Voyage. Occasionally I'll go nutz & buy a pack of some sort. But it's mainly Skirmish bonus's & Voyage recovery.
  • Voyages. If I was using the monthly card I'd probably save up and get the 20 hour voyage achievement.
  • I use 70 on a supply supply kit and 10 on an extra Dabo spin on a daily basis, then I bank the other 20.
  • So my question is how do you guys spend your dilitium. Do you guys use them for voyages? Or packs to get more crew or ships?

I've just started playing seriously again after a significant break, so am still very much learning my way around, but for the most part I spend my Dil on event packs and reviving Voyages that have run out of AM. :)
  • I try to limit my spending to voyages, but often I will buy an event pack during factions so I can finish the new character without honor. Which has become the equivalent of buying honor or smashing your dilithium with a 20lbs sledge hammer.
    My 8-Point STT Strategy:

1. Voyage.
    2. Have fun. If something isn't fun, don't do it.
    3. Only pursue characters I care about.
    4. Contribute to the fleet.
    5. No more spending beyond monthly cards.
    6. Have fun.
    7. Voyage.
    8. Have fun!
  • I've used mine for an extra spin or two of the wheel and voyage recalls. Used a bit early on for crew and will occasionally for event packs.
  • AldudeAldude ✭✭✭✭✭
    I horde it. It doesn't come quickly for me
    Fleet Admiral of NCC UK Midlands."Leave any bigotry in your quarters. There's no room for it on the bridge." - J.T. Kirk, 2266
    Poorly. And frequently.

Ha!

• waaaiiiting for 50% crew slots.
  • Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Slots and.... slots.
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • I think it depends where you are in the game, and how much help you need. I've been putting mine into crew slots (that sale was nice!) and occasional draws on characters I like. I'm don't like to spend it on things like speeding up wait times or saving streaks in the Gauntlet.
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    My priorities for spending dilithium:
    1) All 4 shuttles.
    2) Slots! (During sale only.)
    3) Thursday cadet tickets (once or twice).
    4) Extend voyages (most value at 2,900+ AM).
    5) Occasional Event packs, especially during faction or skirmish.
    6) Discount packs like event recap or mega event discount packs such as the previous Survivalists.
    7) Very rarely Tuesday packs, but only for new SR crew or personal favorites like Usurper Lorca, whom I did not get, so this is very, vary rare for me.

OP is done with #1 and at a comfortable level for #2. Consider saving up to 1,500 for next slot sale unless you really don't need it. #3 is only relevant if you want to be competitive in faction events. #4 may and may not have value. It depends on where you are with voyaging. #5 and #6 are a toss-up to me. It depends on what crew are available and what you need. #7 is such a gamble that I really don't recommend it unless you really, really want the card and don't mind a bunch of failures.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    These days, I mostly spend on packs for either events or the weekly themed ones when I can at least one copy of both of the 4*s. That means I skip Galaxy packs.
  • MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Voyage extensions when I end up close to a dilemma and can get two of them with a refresh.

The 10-dil-spin on Dabo I do as well.
    And I buy featured packs if I have someone from it (so no 100% chance that it will consume another slot) but noone FF. This is getting rarer and rarer though.

With 245 slots I feel like I have enough, as a digital messie I am just managing them horribly. :D

Final Mega-packs I also spend on as long as no more than 3 cards among the offer are FF. I really hate buying honor.

Currently I am sitting on 9k+ dil with no dedicated purpose.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Have to admit that i mostly save it. I have four shuttles already and lots of free crew space. I have also the 20h-Voyage-Achievement, so need for these.
    I don't spend Dilithium for the Dabowheel, because i want to save myself from all that frustration, same goes to Event-packs (except when i could possibly need/use everyone of the three guaranteed crew).
    Spending on voyages is okay, but i have enough of those refresh-tokens at the moment.
    Serving with Battleship Texas [BBTX]
  • Only on Tuesday or special crew packs and maybe once a week Voyage extension.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe players get a much better value in using dilithium on voyages to recall instantly, rather than paying to extend them.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    ByloBand wrote: »
    I believe players get a much better value in using dilithium on voyages to recall instantly, rather than paying to extend them.

I never tried that, but I can see the advantage. What does it cost to recall an 8 hour voyage?
  • WhatMeWorryWhatMeWorry ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    ByloBand wrote: »

I wonder what the math says about this tactic....say, over the course of a month.
    Additional possible voyages versus additional items/chrons/honor of longer voyages.
    Paying 300 dil to retrieve a voyage seems a steep price to pay versus extending a voyage for 6 hours more.
    Where's a stat nerd when you need one?
    Ive done this religiously for quite some time. Early returns are way favorable to extensions. It cost a little over 200 dilithium to instantly recall a ten hour voyage
  • WhatMeWorryWhatMeWorry ✭✭✭
    edited August 2019
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    Ive done this religiously for quite some time. Early returns are way favorable to extensions. It cost a little over 200 dilithium to instantly recall a ten hour voyage

That being said.....it does seem to be at a daily cost of 400+ dilithium.....or 3000 per week.
    Plus.....on a relative cost basis of chrons for dilithium.....I'd wager that you pay more doing it this way.