Bonus crew not giving bonuses in galaxy phase

13»

Comments

• Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    mvtfc1ag1y8k.jpg
    1k chrons when I've spent 7k so far...
  • mvtfc1ag1y8k.jpg
    1k chrons when I've spent 7k so far...

13K here. My F2P account gets 1K for doing nothing.
  • How does DB consistently frick up event bonuses? It's unbelievable. Those crew are marked as "bonus" so they clearly were flagged correctly. Shouldn't it be hard-coded into the event system to give bonuses to anyone flagged as "bonus" or do they manually add the bonus to each crew each event? That sounds like some amateur-hour ѕhit right there. Nothing would surprise me anymore.
  • SunshineRikerSunshineRiker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi folks. I'm very sorry about this problem with the event. We sent out some in-game Chronitons regarding the crew bonus bug. Granted, this does not make up for the issue or what you may have invested in the event, but to that end, you should also submit a ticket if you feel disadvantaged because of the issue. We'll continue to discuss this issue tomorrow with the dev team.
  • SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Thank you for the information. I look forward to more details.

“A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    JazzRiker wrote: »
    Hi folks. I'm very sorry about this problem with the event. We sent out some in-game Chronitons regarding the crew bonus bug. Granted, this does not make up for the issue or what you may have invested in the event, but to that end, you should also submit a ticket if you feel disadvantaged because of the issue. We'll continue to discuss this issue tomorrow with the dev team.

I found the in game message quite lacking. DB blamed their terrible response in fixing the problem as an excuse as to why they won't fix the problem now. That is unacceptable. We are affected twice by DB's lack of a timely fix. Why is it our fault that no one at DB fixed an obvious bug or even responded to the players for 24 hours? Why was no one working at DB that could or would fix the problem yesterday quickly? DB has cost me top 25 and a second Pinafore Data.
    Let’s fly!
  • Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice to finally hear something.

It's Sunday, people aren't working. And that's fine, really. However, 1k chrons is kind of appalling considering the magnitude of the issue.
  • SMMSMM ✭✭✭
    SMM wrote: »
    And it effects everyone,

No it doesn't.

Yes, It effects everyone who is participatiog. Some more than others. I am one who is hit worse than most, as Sulu and Hariman are FFFE, Bateson is FF 3 stars and Silvia Laforge is level 90 with 2 stars.

It effects everyone in a similar manner, but not equally.

It doesn't affect people who don't have bonus crew.

A paper cut and a slash from a knife are both lacerations. To say they are similar is true but absurd.
  • JazzRiker wrote: »

Thanks for responding, and recognizing it doesn't make up for it for everyone.

Please, at the meeting tomorrow, drive home the point for us that this did not affect everyone in the same way. Too often we get blanket in-game and CS responses along the lines of "since everyone was affected similarly, we're compensating all players with X. No other compensation will be given at this time. Thank you for your understanding."

Though I'm no expert on the details of QA and what all is realistically preventable, it seems that more investment in QA will ease the cost in fixing issues and compensating for them after the fact.
  • edited November 2018
    I am not overly happy about the 1k in Chrons. I sent a message explaining at minimum they should have sent 2500 in Chrons or more plus at least 1 star Silva La'Forge or a 5 Star Cite. What about the folks who spent money immortalizing or FE event crew in hopes that they would have an advantage in the event. What about the people who worked hard in the skirmish to land the Silva La'Forge? It just seems that this is not the right way to do things.

Folks were using chrons like crazy before realizing the bonus was not working. There was no message sent that there was a problem until today. Now to make matters worse a lot of folks who have farmed supplies and equipment have been depleted and we have another galaxy chron slurper next week.

Once an issue is identified immediately a message should be sent out so folks can decide to discontinue play to a resolution is found or if there is even going to be one. Instead folks kept playing for fear the bonus would be reinstated at the last minute and they would get hammered in the event. Love the game but support needs to clean it up a bit this is just sloppy and for the money that is spent in game it should not be this way.
  • 5000 Quatloos5000 Quatloos ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ren~ wrote: »

It's Sunday, people aren't working. And that's fine, really. However, 1k chrons is kind of appalling considering the magnitude of the issue.

So long as the game is structured around harvesting money from/for weekend event play, I'd respectfully disagree that it's not fine, really. But 100% in agreement on the appalling mismatch.
    Accepted. Mark them, Galt.
  • SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Ren~ wrote: »

My statement that it was nice to finally hear something doesn’t mean I think their course of action is appropriate. Whether or not they actually tell us why it took so long to figure it out and why nothing was done remains to be seen.

“A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Welp, event is over. We'll see what happens now.

Thank you very much. Thanks to this I burned all my resources and don't even get into the top 1000.
    Now, I lost the chance for that Data and ended up with a lvl 100 1/4 useless Sulu. How about that??
    … We sent out some in-game Chronitons regarding the crew bonus bug. …

This is not a new point, but somehow it seems to have been overlooked the many times it's been said by many people before: giving chronitons out during a Galaxy event is more of a punishment than a reward. Its inflationary. Everyone has to either spend them to maintain their rank, or bank them and risk falling behind.

Chronitons after the event is over? Not a huge benefit, but they more good than harm.

But sending them during the event? No. Just don't, please.
  • SunshineRikerSunshineRiker ✭✭✭✭✭
    We just posted an announcement about compensation regarding the last event:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/11943/compensation-rewards-for-captain-s-oath-event-11-5/p1
  • Can you please clearify what „in the near future“ means? Hopefully, Before this weeks event starts, right?

4l3gsk9nna7q.jpeg
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Although compensation in any form is somewhat appreciated it still doesn’t seem the fairest. Personally, after spending to get all event crew and leveling and immortalizing what i could, stopped participating at the final threshold to limit any further losses and get Bateson 4/5 fe. This gave me a rank of 6782. Yet I’m awarded the same as someone that gave min effort. Surely there’s a better way to calculate compensation. Maybe it’s just me
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got rank 61. Without the bonus error I would have gotten top 25 and a second Data. DB is compensating me with that extra Data. I personally am satisfied with the resolution. I have been made whole.
    Let’s fly!
  • 5000 Quatloos5000 Quatloos ✭✭✭✭✭
    CS contacted me last night to confirm that I had gotten my Data. I replied that I had not. Radio silence since then. :-(
    Accepted. Mark them, Galt.
  • Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    CS contacted me last night to confirm that I had gotten my Data. I replied that I had not. Radio silence since then. :-(

CS contacted me as well. They asked to confirm my placing and that I got Data from the event. They didn't ask about the free one.

I also have not heard anything since then.
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    The compensation has not been sent out yet. This will likely happen today and I will let you know :smile: