Home The Bridge

Are you waiting till DB fix the current event before continuing?

Are you waiting till DB fix the current event before continuing? 91 votes

Yes
29%
Captain_WhoKTzCaptain QPallidyneAntasilFrankenstein·§ë· For the ManyHungry Dog DDMDrone_oneguest_796746481635328[S47] ELiLTcal[FF] Frylock IBOL17[GoT] Unsober ShimodaEtienne[10F] Belle'Anna PenguinJimDavideBooksCSR _Waylander<TGE> Clifford 27 votes
No
38%
uss_bonaventuremilamber42pbertZombie Squirrel Ivanstone[QH] He-Who-MeowsFletcher ChristianGeneral McDuck(10F)GeekgirlSMMConfused KlingonMr. LincolnFrank?[QH] Captain ZiggySunshineRikerTP do better!! ~Colli~ (PoF)Gib - Admiral Mariners[DB:LOL] eXo | KurrostanzaCranky (SC) [AR-UNI] General Abre 35 votes
I didn't know it was broken
28%
Rocpileguest_7456V.KaiteeLady GaghgaghGrumpferCpt. CavemanIrialRaraRacingDraiken78Odo MarmarosaJax2UFNivenFresguest_757423444811776Capt. Pete OwenS14 Bri Christopher_SQuit Game[IR]HoratioHornblowerTheComedian 26 votes
I'm skipping this event anyway
3%
AggeFlemmingThorozar 3 votes

Comments

• AntasilAntasil ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Well against better hope I'm hoping they fix it today. Who knows.
  • SMMSMM ✭✭✭
    No
    I'm running down to 10k crons for now.
  • Haven’t started Phaze II yet, will need to start soon though as I have 20k to burn through.
  • No
    This is effecting everyone who particpates, so what is the big deal.
  • S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I expect some sort of compensation. One super-rare citation would be nice.
  • SMMSMM ✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    No

I assume you meant to include the word equally in your post.
    It affects people differently depending on there crew profile.
  • Yes
    I am. I kind of doubt they'll fix it though. Not sure if I'll bother, it depends on whether I get some time tomorrow and can be bothered. I was going to go for Data, but.

It's a mess.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Emperor Borg Drone (SC)Emperor Borg Drone (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Yes
    I don't know, I wasn't sure if I should go for top 2000, so that I could immortalize Sulu, but with this issue, I guess I won't.
    It doesn't affect me as much as it affects people who want(ed) Pinafore Data though, so I shouldn't complain.
  • trying to anyway.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Ren~ wrote: »
    I don't have time to play on Monday, and it kind of gets on my nerves. That's absolutely the level 0 of playtesting that isn't even done. Is all the money going into hookers instead of QA testing?

I would guess some of the money goes on hookers, booze and blow - and the rest they just squander.
  • KaiteeKaitee ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't know it was broken
    I cleared threshold (just) in the shuttle half, my captains are already back in the fridge. Bad deal for those still engaged though - not just the players going for high ranks, but even just for the threshold-and-done gang, anything slowing progress to 'finally I can stop clicking these buttons over and over and over and flames at the sides of my face' is no laughing matter.
  • Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Nope, not waiting.

I have work Monday morning so I need to get all of my points now. I don't expect them to fix it.

I also expect them to lowball everyone hard on compensation.
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I voted "no" because I just plowed right on through threshold, but I could just have easily voted "I didn't know it was broken" because that is technically true. Am I to assume it is broken with regard to the appallingly low bonus chances?
  • SMMSMM ✭✭✭
    No
    ByloBand wrote: »
    I voted "no" because I just plowed right on through threshold, but I could just have easily voted "I didn't know it was broken" because that is technically true. Am I to assume it is broken with regard to the appallingly low bonus chances?

Brokeningly low bonuses, yes.
  • edited November 2018
    No
    What is wrong with the event? Too little bonus given to replicate an item with event crew?
    If that is the case, playing all with the same "small" bonus is fair for everyone
  • Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I have faith that DB will put it right, so I’m not waiting.

I have 2 featured crew that don’t have the correct bonuses, some players will have more, some less.

It should be trivial for DB to query the database to see who had what featured crew, and at what lvl/fusing, and how many crits were earned, then apply a proportionate VP multiplier. Ideally this should be done in the next hour or so. Nip it in the bud.

Then, as this method isn’t perfect, DB should address any lasting concerns by issuing everyone a gold citation (costing them nothing) as a good will gesture.
  • No

I have 2 featured crew that don’t have the correct bonuses, some players will have more, some less.

It should be trivial for DB to query the database to see who had what featured crew, and at what lvl/fusing, and how many crits were earned, then apply a proportionate VP multiplier. Ideally this should be done in the next hour or so. Nip it in the bud.

Then, as this method isn’t perfect, DB should address any lasting concerns by issuing everyone a gold citation (costing them nothing) as a good will gesture.

Or even easier than that, let's say that now Sulu or Harriman givs us 40% bonus on an specific item and it should give us 60% on that item, then simply multiply our special obtained items by 1.5!
    Leaving things like they are now until the end of the event, would be ok and fair for everyone too!
    Gold citation a voyage revival token, dilithium, any of these would be fine.
  • SMMSMM ✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    No
    What is wrong with the event? Too little bonus given to replicate an item with event crew?
    If that is the case, playing all with the same "small" bonus is fair for everyone

It is not all the same because all players don't have the same crew roster.

Which would you prefer, 4% of $10 or 4% of $1000?
    edited November 2018
    No
    Leaving things like they are now until the end of the event, would be ok and fair for everyone too!

I agree with the rest of your post, but not this part. Everyone is affected differently, so leaving things as they are would not be fair.

I’m more disadvantaged than a player who has 0 featured crew, because I invested in those crew but I’m getting nothing in return.
  • edited November 2018
    No
    I add it would be really bad if DB corrects this for the people that play from that moment on and does not compensate our current quantity of "Special items" to the players that did play the event, that would be really unfair...
  • No

DB can't change scores or VP multipliers, best they can do is hand out extra rare components. And that assumes they get this resolved before game end on Monday.

You'd be surprised (or maybe you wouldn't be) at how bad DB is at trivial database queries... I'd be worried they'd hand out the wrong amounts to people.
  • No
    Gonna keep grinding but not happy about the pathetic drop rate now.
    Come join our fleet! We're a great social group that helps each other. You play the way you want to, participate as much as you want and if you want to be competitive, you can be! Check out our fleet ad:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/5023/qh-the-oldest-fleet-in-timelines-l91-starbase-daily-targets-met
    edited November 2018
    No

DB can't change scores or VP multipliers, best they can do is hand out extra rare components. And that assumes they get this resolved before game end on Monday.

You'd be surprised (or maybe you wouldn't be) at how bad DB is at trivial database queries... I'd be worried they'd hand out the wrong amounts to people.

Oh I know how things have been with DB historically, I’m just trying to be positive and give them a fair chance/benefit of doubt rather than reaching straight for my pitchfork.

[Edit] - When is a reasonable period of time for me to get my pitchfork?
  • No
    SMM wrote: »

I assume you meant to include the word equally in your post.
    It affects people differently depending on there crew profile.

I understand that, which is why I did not say equally. I have both Sulu and Harrinam FFFE, Bateman is FE with 3 stars and Silvia La Forge at 2 stars level 90. Sot it effects me more than anyone who did not play the first run of this. But it still effects everyone in a similar manor.
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m still doing a few builds just really to hold rank hopefully I can build the bulk on Monday if they fix it I suspect though it would be better to keep it as it is though then everybody is affected in the same way. A tad annoying but c’est la vie
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
    No
    ...on Monday if they fix it I suspect though it would be better to keep it as it is though then everybody is affected in the same way. A tad annoying but c’est la vie

Not everyone is affected in the same way though.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I would be more grumpy about it but I cleared thresholds through a robust stockpile of items and a bit of farming today.