Home The Bridge

Are you waiting till DB fix the current event before continuing?

Comments

• Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Engineering thread about this just said CS told them they forwarded the ticket to the developers.

A) Confirms that night/weekend support is contracted out
    b) means this problem likely not fixed until event is over, or close to over
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • SMMSMM ✭✭✭
    No
    QC and QA saves companies money. Because DB doesnt know or can't guesstimate how much they loose when there is issue after issue they continue blindly on.
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    At this point, they will not fix the event. Too much time has passed, too many pitchforks would appear from players that had free time on Saturday but not on Sunday since they would be massively disadvantaged.

I am therefore grinding away with my mid-30% bonus rates. I feel bad for those of you with FF'd event crew, because I have a much better chance than I should to be able to catch up to you. It's still going to cost me a boatload (shipload?) of chronitons to get there, but I might just be able to do it. (I'm not exactly devoid of strong cards - but my Silva and Bateson are only 1/5.)
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    DB has cost me top 25. Now my choices are to go for top 75 and get a crappy super rare in my portal pull or do nothing and get top 1000. I am really bummed.
    Let’s fly!
  • SMMSMM ✭✭✭
    No
    At this point, they will not fix the event. Too much time has passed, too many pitchforks would appear from players that had free time on Saturday but not on Sunday since they would be massively disadvantaged.

I am therefore grinding away with my mid-30% bonus rates. I feel bad for those of you with FF'd event crew, because I have a much better chance than I should to be able to catch up to you. It's still going to cost me a boatload (shipload?) of chronitons to get there, but I might just be able to do it. (I'm not exactly devoid of strong cards - but my Silva and Bateson are only 1/5.)

They should fix the problem. It is better to have the phase running correctly for half the time rather than none the time. Less customers affected.
  • I didn't know it was broken
    Obviously it’s unfortunate that the event is not working properly, but as a f2p going for broke just to get Data, players bowing out of the event may not be the worst thing for me...
  • Yes
    Well, sort of yes anyways. I was in the 70s at the end of the shuttle part and I am now in the 600s.... I will likely play just enough to keep me above 1000. With all the problems, I have really lost interest in this one.
  • No
    Free new Data for everyone? Naww, won t happen. ;)

And yes, this ****.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • If they turned this on, I might move from threshold to top 1000 at a discount.

Prolly not but it would be unfair to fix it at this point
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I'm still on the fence. I don't need this Data. But its Data. How can I pass on Data? Normally, I'd consider a game bug to be a boon since I'm willing to exploit other people's discontent but I also remember the good ole days of doing Galaxies with weak crew. Its boring and tedious.

Ultimately boredom might decide what I'll do. For the record I have Sulu, Harriman and Bateson all FFFE.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Free new Data for everyone? Naww, won t happen. ;)

And yes, this ****.

Honestly that would be the bare minimum. I got the event crew and it's completely worthless.
  • I didn't know it was broken
    I have no idea what the problem is but then again, I completed tresholds during the shuttle phase so I don't play during the galaxy phase.
  • <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I placed 5th last week. Which means I have a shiny new 3/5 Silva that I rushed to level ahead of the rest of my backlog because I thought she would be useful.

I did a better kickstart with more expensive boosts than I would have otherwise. I was considering going for a top 1k, just for the hell of it. I mean, I have all 4 event featured crew. A couple of bonus crew with great stats.

Then, I heard that they'd messed up the bonuses.

Thanks, but no thanks.

This doesn't "affect everyone equally", and is a nice icing on the cake for "why should I bother to top 1k to earn next week's featured legendary?" Welp. Answer: I shouldn't...

Anyway, sorry, Data.
  • Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Well, 1000 chrons have gone out.

Guess I’ll have to submit a ticket for the rest.
  • No
    Well I guess you "yes" people better start crafting, or call it quits now, because the in-game message said they're letting the event play out.
  • Well, 1000 chrons have gone out.

Yeah, basically @eXo | Frank called it correctly. Everyone regardless of the crew they have, resources they've used, or whether or not they're even playing in this portion of the event get a 1000 chronitons bonus. Those of us with event crew, using resources, and actually competing (or trying to) essentially then get a double slap in the face.
  • Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    No

Waste of time. 1000 chrons it is. Not more, not less.

EDIT: Sorry, i was wrong. Just saw this.

8e6iasupbt4q.jpeg
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • So people holding off will submit a ticket saying they lost out on data waiting for a fix and eventually giving up after every one in front of you got a 1k chronos boost.

I see this not ending well.
  • 8k458gm7w3r1.png
    "Never teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig" Lazarus Long, Time Enough for Love, R.A. Heinlein
  • [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭

8e6iasupbt4q.jpeg

Yeah but even then there is no guarantee of any acceptable results. Past experiences has shown us that a scenario such as this is most likely to happen:

You get customer rep "A" that says they're so sorry and to make up for it we'll give you a free reward Data, a 5* citation, and whole bunch of "extra goodies".

Someone else gets customer rep "B" that says they're so sorry and to make up for it they'll give you a choice of a free reward Data, a 5* citation, OR a whole bunch of "extra goodies", your choice.

And I'll get customer rep "C" that says we're sorry you don't understand how the game works and here's a whole bunch of links to meaningless FAQ information...your ticket has been closed.

It's happened before and could happen again. Unless they're going to discuss proper uniform compensation in their meeting as well.

100% this.
  • barrydancerbarrydancer ✭✭✭✭✭

8e6iasupbt4q.jpeg

Yeah but even then there is no guarantee of any acceptable results. Past experiences has shown us that a scenario such as this is most likely to happen:

You get customer rep "A" that says they're so sorry and to make up for it we'll give you a free reward Data, a 5* citation, and whole bunch of "extra goodies".

Someone else gets customer rep "B" that says they're so sorry and to make up for it they'll give you a choice of a free reward Data, a 5* citation, OR a whole bunch of "extra goodies", your choice.

And I'll get customer rep "C" that says we're sorry you don't understand how the game works and here's a whole bunch of links to meaningless FAQ information...your ticket has been closed.

It's happened before and could happen again. Unless they're going to discuss proper uniform compensation in their meeting as well.

QFT. Which is why I won't bother with a ticket.
  • Yes
    Think it’s time to boycott DB. No wonder their other games are dead.
  • Yes

8e6iasupbt4q.jpeg

QFT. Which is why I won't bother with a ticket.

I sort of feel the same. I hate sending in a ticket because half of the time, I end up more upset then when I started. I play the game to have fun, not to get upset.

I admit, I was not upset with the final outcome of Polywater Yar but it took so long and so many tickets and discussions.... for me it's just to much, so DB can get down on me if that's how they want to be, I am not fighting it...... I will take my chronotons and be grateful lol
  • edited November 2018
    I was waiting for it to be fixed. DB's decision to not fix it has led me to not purchase extra chrons to continue the remainder of the event.
    [DCC] bebe
    Privileged to be Admiral of the Great Fleet
    Dilithium Causes Cancer, maxed Starbase level 134
    Featuring photonic flee free holodecks and
    All you can drink Neelix's Even Better Than Coffee Substitute!
  • Yes
    I pretty much stopped after I ran out of inventory and didn't spend a single chron. I had already hit threshold and I won't be using the 1K they sent us either. That will go to a future event that is worth my time.
    Drunken Dahar Masters is recruiting active players.
    PM for details.

So long and thanks for all the fish.