Home The Bridge

Are you waiting till DB fix the current event before continuing?

13»

Comments

• PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    So how long has it been since the last "Gonna discuss this with the dev team on Monday" event?
    I feel like we need a notice up like the how many days since last mishap on a construction site.

Honestly, I got disappointed enough that I just quit playing. I'd hit thresholds off of the faction, and just let it slide away.
    Also spent a few dollars on another game that I think might use my money more responsibly.
  • No
    How others felt about looking at Polywater Yar reminding them of all the awful things that happened, so looking at Silva La Forge (and to a lesser extent Bateson and Harriman) will feel for me. They are crew I did not want that I fought to get and level/equip because I wanted Data, and they would be an advantage to have and worth the resources. Now, those that chose to use all their resources instead for grinding at the event instead (fueled further by completely inappropriate compensation mid-event) came out ahead. Bully for them, but THAT IS NOT HOW IT IS SUPPOSED TO WORK.
  • FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    I'm skipping this event anyway
    This and the next event I have life happenings, so I am only trying to thteshold and out, as fast as possible, by design.
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • SunshineRikerSunshineRiker ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    We just posted an announcement about compensation regarding the last event:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/11943/compensation-rewards-for-captain-s-oath-event-11-5/p1
  • So the compensation makes no attempt to factor who has been impacted by the failure. In fact it compounds the impact by rewarding those that were least affected by the failure with the greatest reward.
  • Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    2-1500 tarred with the same brush?

There could be days worth of effort and/or hundreds of dollars difference between players in that wide a net. I know of players that didn’t even start phase 2 scoring in that range.

That’s just insane.

Try again DB, much harder.
  • Yes
    I think thats pretty fair. I almost sat the event out but went for it, like many others. Sometimes youve got to give it a go, even when times aren't perfect. I want to thank DB for a quick resolution and a pretty fair one at that!
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I think thats pretty fair. I almost sat the event out but went for it, like many others. Sometimes youve got to give it a go, even when times aren't perfect. I want to thank DB for a quick resolution and a pretty fair one at that!

Yes.
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Mark D wrote: »
    So the compensation makes no attempt to factor who has been impacted by the failure. In fact it compounds the impact by rewarding those that were least affected by the failure with the greatest reward.

Seems like there are plenty of posts that try to address this concept, but I'll give it a go here. The players at the top were far more likely to be affected by this than others. The top players had Silva and/or Bateson with multiple stars. Those stars produced nothing of value. They were supposed to produce huge value. The players at the top are there despite the reduced bonuses, not because of them. Not only had they previously put in the time/effort/cash to max out the event crew, they did the same with their shuttle boosts and chroniton stashes. Because the bonuses were nerfed, they had to work even harder to stay ahead of players that had lesser crew since the rare % was essentially flat for everyone. These players earned their compensation through hard work, planning, and in some cases - cash. How would it make sense to NOT give them the greatest compensation?
  • Yes
    This is effecting everyone who particpates, so what is the big deal.

**tsk tsk**
    Not everyone who took part in event was effected equally by DB's blunder for simple reason not everyone who took part in event had high bonus event crew
  • So the compensation makes no attempt to factor who has been impacted by the failure. In fact it compounds the impact by rewarding those that
    So the compensation makes no attempt to factor who has been impacted by the failure. In fact it compounds the impact by rewarding those that were least affected by the failure with the greatest reward.

Seems like there are plenty of posts that try to address this concept, but I'll give it a go here. The players at the top were far more likely to be affected by this than others. The top players had Silva and/or Bateson with multiple stars. Those stars produced nothing of value. They were supposed to produce huge value. The players at the top are there despite the reduced bonuses, not because of them. Not only had they previously put in the time/effort/cash to max out the event crew, they did the same with their shuttle boosts and chroniton stashes. Because the bonuses were nerfed, they had to work even harder to stay ahead of players that had lesser crew since the rare % was essentially flat for everyone. These players earned their compensation through hard work, planning, and in some cases - cash. How would it make sense to NOT give them the greatest compensation?

Sorry I still think that the compensation should be based on impact. Instead of a tiered by rank offering it should be based on holding crew that were not given the proper bonus. In my view a better solution would have been to offer to replace Silva and/or Bateson with citations.
  • Just to add a little more gas to the fire, all of this highlights the new crappy reward structure giving cards before the event.

Now we level useless cards and get bugged events where they are even useless the one time they should be uselful!
  • Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So the compensation makes no attempt to factor who has been impacted by the failure. In fact it compounds the impact by rewarding those that

Sorry I still think that the compensation should be based on impact. Instead of a tiered by rank offering it should be based on holding crew that were not given the proper bonus. In my view a better solution would have been to offer to replace Silva and/or Bateson with citations.

Do you really think anyone in that rank didn’t have at least Harriman leveled by the time they did their crafting. Those folks probably got 25% for him instead of 50-60%. So I would venture everyone in the 2-1500 rank was impacted. (This coming from someone with both Silva and Bateson ff).

Replacing Silva and Bateson with cites is overkill, especially when Silva is still up in packs and it would let people essentially convert dil to honor for the next 48 hours. The folks who had Silva and Bateson fused got an extra star on data which was what the prize was in this event, I doubt anyone was impacted by this enough to miss out on two copies of data, you would have had to be dropped from 1 to 4th, 3rd to 11th, or 10th to 26th.