Home The Bridge

No fix, and just a flat sorryton email for the event screw up?

[SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
Look, I fought to place top 1000 last event, blitzed through the faction phase to get Bateson, poured chrons, credits, replications and resources into him to level him before the phase change to have an edge, and now I get nothing but 1 days worth of chrons, which by the way, now let people i was competing with for top 1k pour more chrons into the event. Giving this now is great for people not competing and effectively useless for people competing who the bug screwed over. It’s citation compensation time.

Comments

• Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    Look, I fought to place top 1000 last event, blitzed through the faction phase to get Bateson, poured chrons, credits, replications and resources into him to level him before the phase change to have an edge, and now I get nothing but 1 days worth of chrons, which by the way, now let people i was competing with for top 1k pour more chrons into the event. Giving this now is great for people not competing and effectively useless for people competing who the bug screwed over. It’s citation compensation time.

What bug? The negative chroniton one?
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭

Featured crew bonuses aren’t working properly in phase 2. Only getting the same sort of percentages as “small” bonus crew.
  • Look, I fought to place top 1000 last event, blitzed through the faction phase to get Bateson, poured chrons, credits, replications and resources into him to level him before the phase change to have an edge, and now I get nothing but 1 days worth of chrons, which by the way, now let people i was competing with for top 1k pour more chrons into the event. Giving this now is great for people not competing and effectively useless for people competing who the bug screwed over. It’s citation compensation time.

No, bonus crew not working properly.
  • [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭

The event crew that we worked to get and level are doing nothing in phase 2. SR win rates are like 35%
  • Look, I fought to place top 1000 last event, blitzed through the faction phase to get Bateson, poured chrons, credits, replications and resources into him to level him before the phase change to have an edge, and now I get nothing but 1 days worth of chrons, which by the way, now let people i was competing with for top 1k pour more chrons into the event. Giving this now is great for people not competing and effectively useless for people competing who the bug screwed over. It’s citation compensation time.

Agreed! This describes my situation as well. As I just posted in the poll thread, this is like a double slap in the face to those in our situation.
  • "Due to the fact that this issue has been running for so long during the second phase, we will allow the vent to continue as is."

If DB has the ability to correct it for the final day, and are choosing not to, they're choosing to make it worse and to devalue the event bonus crew even more. In the one event she's likely to ever be bonus in.

I didn't pour in resources and effort last week solely for the sake of having a 5/5 event bonus crew this week (and maybe the only time I ever would have had that), but it would be appreciated for it to work even if they're only able to fix it for the last day.

• During a Galaxy event, featured event crew get a 10x bonus, and secondary bonus crew get a 5x bonus.

In Faction events, featured event crew get a 3x bonus, and secondary bonus crew get a 2x bonus.

In this case of a hybrid, the bonus multiplier was not changed from faction to galaxy, so featured crew are getting 3x where they would normally get 10x. Secondary is getting 2x instead of 5x. That may not seem like much, but all other crew are 1x - so let that sink in - regular crew are almost as good as a full on bonus.

Do you mind if I use your explanation with CS? They asked for screenshots but beside that I didnt know how to explain why the % for a 2/5 Silva LaForge was too low.
  • Ridiculous, this should not have happened with as many hybrid events as they have run. Someone screwed this up royally.
    Starfleet Commission: August 12, 2017
  • [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    During a Galaxy event, featured event crew get a 10x bonus, and secondary bonus crew get a 5x bonus.

In Faction events, featured event crew get a 3x bonus, and secondary bonus crew get a 2x bonus.

In this case of a hybrid, the bonus multiplier was not changed from faction to galaxy, so featured crew are getting 3x where they would normally get 10x. Secondary is getting 2x instead of 5x. That may not seem like much, but all other crew are 1x - so let that sink in - regular crew are almost as good as a full on bonus.

Do you mind if I use your explanation with CS? They asked for screenshots but beside that I didnt know how to explain why the % for a 2/5 Silva LaForge was too low.

You shouldn’t need an explanation, they sent out an email about the error
  • Paund SkummPaund Skumm ✭✭✭✭✭
    During a Galaxy event, featured event crew get a 10x bonus, and secondary bonus crew get a 5x bonus.

I thought galaxy was 5x for featured crew and 3x for bonus... Did they boost it up to 10x and 5x and I never noticed?

But yeah, it appears we are stuck at the 3x and 2x multiplier from faction portion being carried over into the galaxy portion.
  • Time to boycott DB. No wonder why they shutting other games down. STT next?
  • Time to boycott DB. No wonder why they shutting other games down. STT next?

I hope not but a lot of issues this year so tbh i don't see a very long future for this game anymore.
  • It's very clear that no one at DB understands the game mechanics, event mechanics, scoring mechanics, really any sort of playing mechanics of their own game.

Between macros, day 1 bugs that still exist YEARS later, moving goal posts, basic miscommunication between their own teams about date and time of events (Mirror Bev Christmas debacle), and the list goes on...DB is tone deaf and blind to their own game.
  • Bluebeard, My feelings exactly.

Because of this, ive suspended all in-game purchases and ad watching.
    [DCC] bebe
    Privileged to be Admiral of the Great Fleet
    Dilithium Causes Cancer, maxed Starbase level 134
    Featuring photonic flee free holodecks and
    All you can drink Neelix's Even Better Than Coffee Substitute!
  • Bluebeard1Bluebeard1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Free chronitons are always good, regardless of when they drop