Home The Bridge

Lt Commander Airiam

I want to start the complaining early ummmm, I mean the discussion :P

Will Lt Commander Airiam have the augment trait?

A number of websites describe her as either an augmented human or an augmented alien (I am sure we will get more clarification next season on Disco)

What other traits should she have?

Comments

• IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    I don't think it would be appropriate to add a trait until it is explained better in the show (if it ever is)

I would vote for Cybernetic Human as she could pass as a section 31 project based on Soong's work perhaps from a similar "robocop" scenario, that's my own take on her. kind of provides a nice bridge of the gap in the timeline of Soong's legacy between Augments and Data.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • I don't think it would be appropriate to add a trait until it is explained better in the show (if it ever is)

I would vote for Cybernetic Human as she could pass as a section 31 project based on Soong's work perhaps from a similar "robocop" scenario, that's my own take on her. kind of provides a nice bridge of the gap in the timeline of Soong's legacy between Augments and Data.

I think it would be funny if they gave her the trait "not Burnham" :)

She operates the Spore drive so maybe pilot
  • ProontProont ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think she has cybernetic augmentations as opposed to genetic augmentations so I don't believe she should get the Augment trait. Hopefully Star Trek: Discovery Season 2 will offer more clarifications on what Airiam is exactly.
  • "Augment" refers to specifically genetically enhanced humans. Ariam does not qualify for that trait.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    "Augment" refers to specifically genetically enhanced humans. Ariam does not qualify for that trait.

We don't know enough about Ariam to know that one way or another yet as early info on her has been all over the board (Human, Alien, etc.). DB may, depending on how involved CBS is with the Disco toons being added, but we don't.

• (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome, Cool, Robot, Human.
    Let’s fly!
  • I would like to know more about the Disco bridge crew, but I don’t know if they will really dive into them. I mean, we don’t know anything more about Enterprise-D helmsman Ensign Rager other than like what color pajamas she wore.
  • Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    I still want to know if it even spoke a single line. I don't recall any, and recall only a few scenes where Airiam was present. I think it was more of a prop than a character.
    I still want to know if it even spoke a single line. I don't recall any, and recall only a few scenes where Airiam was present. I think it was more of a prop than a character.

I don't recall. Maybe a throwaway line like "spore drive engaged" or something like that. It may be we're going to learn more about her and Detmer, Owosekun, Rhys & Bryce in the next season, but none of them have done a ton yet.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    CBS has said that the other bridge crew will get more screen time and storylines whether in Discovery season 2 or mini episodes. People who miss out on Airiam may regret it later if her part gets bigger.
    Let’s fly!
  • 5000 Quatloos5000 Quatloos ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't recall. Maybe a throwaway line like "spore drive engaged" or something like that. It may be we're going to learn more about her and Detmer, Owosekun, Rhys & Bryce in the next season, but none of them have done a ton yet.

I seem to recall her burbling something once in machine language, during my second watch-through. But I couldn't be bothered to re-watch the last 30 seconds to find out :-) Fortunately, Disco isn't shy about subtitles (c.f. constipated Klingon-speak) so maybe she will see some screen time in S2!
    Accepted. Mark them, Galt.
  • Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, selfishly I hope she gets the Augment trait. I just need one more to complete the collection!
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Given that, as a 4*, Lt Commander Airiam won't be eligible for any of the cadet challenges, it's not especially important to me what species trait(s) are assigned. I'm just looking forward to having her in the game and in my crew!
  • The real question is why are we getting a character who is not even really on the show. We dont have any "red shirt background guys" from TOS
  • The Fish wrote: »
    The real question is why are we getting a character who is not even really on the show. We dont have any "red shirt background guys" from TOS

I’d rather have Leslie or Kyle.
    The Fish wrote: »
    The real question is why are we getting a character who is not even really on the show. We dont have any "red shirt background guys" from TOS

She's supposed to have more of a role in S2 I guess. I wouldn't be surprised if we start seeing a few more Disco crew show up as a "build up" to season 2 starting in two months.
  • I think her only speaking line was "Yes, Sir" in episode 9 or 10 when Lorca said "Airiam, you have the Conn".
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • She has a few lines in "What's Past is Prologue"
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Average GuyAverage Guy ✭✭✭✭
    DB will have more info about Discovery 's upcoming season so I am sure their choice of crew release will tie in somehow to the show.
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have absolutely no idea who this person is :#
  • I'd go for Leslie as long as he's a decent SEC primary skill and preferably a good voyager crew, after all he does have: COM ENG SEC SCI and MED skills at least.
    He's a Jack of all trades our Leslie:
    Helm Officer
    Security officer
    Medical Assistant
    Engineering Bridge Officer
    Science Technician

has to be the 6 star, 6 skill Uberlegendary.... in your face Wesley! (and breathe)

http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Leslie

Tired: Wesley
    Wired: Leslie
    New trait added, perhaps for Airiam’s release.
    Addition of a new trait: Engineered.
    This trait applies to all characters who have been modified.

This trait was created to have a distinction between characters from Khan's faction: the Augments, and other characters having also undergone some enhancements. As such characters from the Augment faction will have both the Augment trait and the Engineered trait.
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    New trait added, perhaps for Airiam’s release.
    Addition of a new trait: Engineered.
    This trait applies to all characters who have been modified.

This trait was created to have a distinction between characters from Khan's faction: the Augments, and other characters having also undergone some enhancements. As such characters from the Augment faction will have both the Augment trait and the Engineered trait.

I think it's safe to say she'll have Engineered.
  • I think the "Human" trait is more contentious here. There is no actual canon source saying she's human. There are conflicting statements from various people behind the show. Some say she's an alien, some say she's human. There's no official call on her at this point.
  • Thorozar Thorozar ✭✭✭✭
    This person is a female?