Home The Bridge

Should the droprate for legendary crew be much higher?

I posted this before. We have 566 crew and nearly 200 are legendary. That's more than one-third. And the droprate is insanely low. I recently opend 20 packs and didn't get 1 begold.
I suggest the legendary crew must have a higher drop rate or should be pickable by voyagers or any diffrent way accept to buy them for 10/25 bucks.
"I am First Omet'iklan and i'm dead. As of this moment, we are all dead. We go into battle to reclaim our lives. This we do gladly, for we are Jem'Hadar. Remember: victory is life"

VIP-Level: 14
Fleet: [GER]StarFleet
Immortals total: 437; 23 Legendaries; 257 Super Rare; 79 Rare; 51 Uncommon; 27 Common

Collections: Rare; Uncommen; Common; Live Long and Prosper; Do no Harm; Chain of Command; The neutral Zone; Valor in Combat; The Daystrom Award; The Eugenic Wars; Rules of Aquisition

Should the droprate for legendary crew be much higher? 129 votes

Yes, there should be a higher drop rate.
39%
Warrior WilloSixDifferentWaysZ•A•P•P ©™milamber42V.Captain Lost[TUFG] Siguard[QH] OxmyxJim RaynorAlthea BiermontGeneral McDuckJim SteeleStygianHungry Dog DDMAggeFutureImperfectaPinkyfirstPhotonKimSvenLundgrenguest_796746481635328 51 votes
Yes. Getting Legendarys from Voyages (maybe possible after eight or ten hours) should be possible
30%
uss_bonaventureCaptain DurfRocpileZann Calcore (ISA)Lady Gaghgagh[DB - Do Better]   Prowlerdext74barrydancerAHSOG2[10F] Fuzzy Moo(CSF) Jesus Is Lord [••••]Ambrosius77shahekeeNapoleon CorbomiteMatt_Decker[10F] Belle'Anna AMDG[GoT] He's dead JimDirk GundersonSynthetic Commander 39 votes
No, the Legendary crew is very exclusiv so the drope rate is right.
23%
SSR Barkley[NDQ] Joker41NAMZombie Squirrel [QH] He-Who-MeowsHaBlack[TLA]  84wbAntasilRaraRacingPaladin 27Banjo1012SMMCFOHSilverknightOdo MarmarosacmdrworfRaphillonIronagedaverobownageYateball[7TW] Attack EyebrowsRogueAngyl 30 votes
No, maybe higher droprates, but packs, event packs or spacials should be the only way to get them.
3%
Gib - Admiral MarinersWebberoniGogusSemiGreatScott [DF] 4 votes
I don't care.
3%
sorinevDittoFrank?AldudeBylo Band 5 votes

Comments

• Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Immortalizing a legendary should be difficult
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    It would be easy to say yes, far too easy. I would prefer increasing ways to earn more honor. A low chance on legendary drop on a deep voyage might be ok or perhaps an occasional drop on a gauntlet reward might be a good alternative also.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • [QH] Oxmyx[QH] Oxmyx ✭✭✭✭
    Yes. Many have stats overshadowed by four star crew. The only thing legendary for those is the prices. The drop rates are ridiculously low and voyages should drop five star crewas well.
    Fleet= Quarks Holosuite
  • Hunter247Hunter247 ✭✭✭✭
    The only problem I can see with making it easier to get is that it could annoy historic players who have spent potentially thousands
  • John Luck PikkardJohn Luck Pikkard ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    How about we increase the drop rate for players who have very high VIP levels (even above level 14)?

I've spent a bit of money in the past to get a good crew and now I have almost all 4* crew fully fused (except two or three plus voyage-only crew). Getting a ten pull or buying any event packs is pretty much throwing money out the window at this point.

If the begold drop rate were higher, I might buy packs more often.
  • IrialIrial ✭✭✭✭
    If the drop rate for Legendary characters were significantly increased, I think it would result in a good number of players facing new challenges with regards to how they manage their crew slots.
  • Frank?Frank? ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't care.
    We have 632 crew and 238 are legendary.

Wiki is out of date.

Not that it hurts your question at all.
  • Yes. Getting Legendarys from Voyages (maybe possible after eight or ten hours) should be possible
    For the most part I think the drop rates are fine, but the voyages idea is intriguing. I think if legendaries were possible rewards, it would add an extra layer of interest to one of the best parts of the game. Set it where it is not possible to get one without a refresh (12-14 hours ought to do it), and you would see a lot more DIL spent on a lot more refreshes.
  • PolPol ✭✭✭
    Yes. Getting Legendarys from Voyages (maybe possible after eight or ten hours) should be possible
    I would like some sort of demanding task that netted a weekly begold at most (eg: 150 cumulative hours of voyages, 1k space battles, etc.), some sort of loop achievement... also, a refresh begold button would be great
  • RogueAngylRogueAngyl ✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    I think the problem isn't that the drop rates on 5* is too low, but rather the availability of 4* is too high. Our middle range group is virtually useless once you been playing for a while; rare is rare because they are hardly used and seldom expanded and super rare is anything but. In short, the very rare category should have been harder to achieve, but three years later what's done is done.

Would it work to DBs favor to increase the 5* drop rate? Probably. Many of us would start filling up our rosters with mortal crew, so many would drop money to immortal them or expand crew caps. This is exactly why I wouldn't want a higher drop rate: not filling my crew up with mortal legendaries is part of my current strategy.

Edit: "moral" and "mortal" easy to typo.
    My 8-Point STT Strategy:

1. Voyage.
    2. Have fun. If something isn't fun, don't do it.
    3. Only pursue characters I care about.
    4. Contribute to the fleet.
    5. No more spending beyond monthly cards.
    6. Have fun.
    7. Voyage.
    8. Have fun!
  • No, the Legendary crew is very exclusiv so the drope rate is right.
    The last thing I want is more 1/5* crew. I try to avoid new gold cards whilst maximising honour for citations so that I can get the ones I already have immortalised.
    I would love to have more 5*s (who not), but I accept the fact that we get them primarily by spending money (apart from the plenty of 1/5s for ranking top 1000).

However, something should really be changed, as buying packs doesn't make sense for me atm. I only miss stars from 8 super rare characters, who are currently included in packs. The probability to get one of these is way too low, plus the honor I receive for cards I don't need is no incentive either.

But we also had the topic of how much honor to get from cards at length.
    Interested in being part of the TLA fun?
  • Yes. Getting Legendarys from Voyages (maybe possible after eight or ten hours) should be possible
    The drop rates could be increased only for older legendary cards, or a limited list of older cards added as rare voyage drops. This would not change the dynamic of the game too much because those cards are relatively weak, and newer players who are not seeking to finish older cards (or want to keep slots open) could airlock them.
  • Yes, there should be a higher drop rate.
    What is it right now? 1.5%? How much of an increase are we talking? 2? 2.5? I think it should be increased, but not by much. Small chance on Voyages would be nice too.
    Drunken Dahar Masters is recruiting active players.
    PM for details.

So long and thanks for all the fish.
  • Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    I think it would be unfair to those who have invested real money -- i.e. $10/week or more, on average --if suddenly the legendaries became a lot more widely available. I'm not one of those people, but many of my fleetmates are. Their purchases shouldn't be devalued.

But this could be tweeked at the margins to provide a little extra legendary love. So, of the ideas presented, I like the idea of adding a small possibility of a legendary drop after eight or ten hours on a voyage. Perhaps it could be only as frequently as getting the legendary replicator rations, or the legendary ship schematics. That wouldn't upset the game balance, but it would provide extra incentive to extend a voyage.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think at least, in event packs, the immortalized crew should be excluded from the guaranteed crew. That would give a reason to buy to those with many 4* immortalized
  • Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a double edged sword...the sheer number of 5* out there mean the 1/5s will pile up, and I don't know what the drop rate would be for me to be comfortable airlocking a ledgendary.
  • V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    Even if the drop rate was much much higher it would still be extremely difficult to immortalize a gold. I've been playing since day 1. I think my spending is down to about $10 a month average over that period - so a light spender/monthly card player let's say. In all that time I have less than ten 5/5 golds. We're coming up on 24 months - so one immortalized every 3 months.

The problem is the insane profit expectations DB has for this game (they have to due to the failures of their other games) combined with the insane amounts of money people are willing to spend.

The other problem lies with the definition of the game. Is it a collecting game? If so, then the whole point is to immortalize and the drop rate should be dramatically increased. They say it is sometimes but more officially that it's not - that it's a strategy game instead. If that really is the case then their drop rate is closer to ok.
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."
    no, it souldn't. Where's the point in calling them "legendary" if they become common?
  • Yes, there should be a higher drop rate.
    With DB running weekly events they've diluted the loot table with so many garbage 4 stars. Might as well increase the drop rate. Even with an increased rate their isn't any guarantee folks will get the Legendaries they are looking for.
    eXo | Z•A•P•P
  • Thorozar Thorozar ✭✭✭✭
    Raphillon wrote: »
    no, it souldn't. Where's the point in calling them "legendary" if they become common?

There is already more "legendary" crew than common or uncommon, and I think maybe even more than those combined.
  • S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    All legendaries from 2016 should be re-classified as Super Rare and all super-rares from 2016 should be re-classified as Rare with intact stats.
    2/5 would be new 1/4
    3/5 - 2/4,
    4/5 - new 3/4
    5/5 - new 4/4

All 1/5 are automatically converted into 1/4 which is a free upgrade.

Super Rares
    old
    2/4 - new 1/3
    3/4 - new 2/3
    4/4 - new 3/3

All 1/4 are converted into 1/3 which is a free upgrade.

All stats should remain the same because many of new super rares are stronger than legendaries from 2016 and some new rares are stronger than super rares from 2016.