Home The Bridge

Faction Event This Weekend

13»

Comments

• Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    @MirrorVerse Jc Are you passing or failing faction missions between these screenshots? Because if so, be aware that difficulty can increase and decrease depending on number of successes.

That being said, what you’re pointing out is not the bug we are discussing here. The root of ANDgate is that the displayed success rate didnt/doesn’t match what happens in the background. The game client was/is using a different formula to calculate the display rate than the server. And this took some hard work by the community here to prove with lots of screenshots of expected vs actual success rates.
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    Speaking of this topic, I am seriously considering charting all my non-event shuttles for like a month, just to see. It might require more time to get a significant result, I'd have to sit down and figure that out first.
  • @MirrorVerse Jc Are you passing or failing faction missions between these screenshots? Because if so, be aware that difficulty can increase and decrease depending on number of successes.

That being said, what you’re pointing out is not the bug we are discussing here. The root of ANDgate is that the displayed success rate didnt/doesn’t match what happens in the background. The game client was/is using a different formula to calculate the display rate than the server. And this took some hard work by the community here to prove with lots of screenshots of expected vs actual success rates.

Yes i know as u advance the success rate lowers, and the difficulty changes given variables. By the time i finished filling the shuttles and Had the best 3* skill boost all were sent at 83-87%. The one with interfaced laforge and prof Sato were the highest and both failed.

I felt this was relevant bcuz the % changes on a seat with the exact same skillset and/or being the only difference. So it occurred to me this may in some way be related to the ANDGate. I wondered if the juggled crew/boost best setup displayed and sent, actually changes and defaults to the lower % that is given prior to the juggling?
    Meaning i wonder if the server keeps the original success rate given by the original recommended top list sort, but then when we juggle and find a better % displayed on the game screen it is not recognized??
    Another faction event (albeit a single phase) this weekend. Hoping from an update from DB on this issue.
    edited April 2019
    @MirrorVerse Jc Are you passing or failing faction missions between these screenshots? Because if so, be aware that difficulty can increase and decrease depending on number of successes.

Yes i know as u advance the success rate lowers, and the difficulty changes given variables. By the time i finished filling the shuttles and Had the best 3* skill boost all were sent at 83-87%. The one with interfaced laforge and prof Sato were the highest and both failed.

I felt this was relevant bcuz the % changes on a seat with the exact same skillset and/or being the only difference. So it occurred to me this may in some way be related to the ANDGate. I wondered if the juggled crew/boost best setup displayed and sent, actually changes and defaults to the lower % that is given prior to the juggling?
    Meaning i wonder if the server keeps the original success rate given by the original recommended top list sort, but then when we juggle and find a better % displayed on the game screen it is not recognized??

I don’t want to confuse matters discussing your point here. With regard to ANDgate, the server was calculating based on an old method for SKILL1 + 1/4 SKILL 2, where as the client was doing doing something else.
  • Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wasn't the original run of the event during the window the AND bug was thought to be active? Might be worth looking into and to be on the watch for