Home The Bridge

New threshold rewards

13»

Comments

• muwoomuwoo ✭✭✭
    S31 wrote: »
    The biggest advantage of this game is that everyone can have his own fun.

Ok so F2P won't win any event (unless they are stockpiling for months) but they can freely collect SR event cards, SR voyages and occasional SR or Legendary free portal pulls.

The other big advantage is that you can freely stop playing at any moment and return into the game after several months and not lose anything except for cards that you didn't play.

Totally, agree. I don't feel like I'm competing against others because I'm not trying to hit any tier. I just play and do the best I can and that's plenty of fun.
  • Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    muwoo wrote: »
    S31 wrote: »
    The biggest advantage of this game is that everyone can have his own fun.

Ok so F2P won't win any event (unless they are stockpiling for months) but they can freely collect SR event cards, SR voyages and occasional SR or Legendary free portal pulls.

The other big advantage is that you can freely stop playing at any moment and return into the game after several months and not lose anything except for cards that you didn't play.

Totally, agree. I don't feel like I'm competing against others because I'm not trying to hit any tier. I just play and do the best I can and that's plenty of fun.

Part of the problem is I can't do as well any more because the cost of entry has gone up so much.
    Two to three times the time and chrons to get non-thresholds in Galaxies.
    Same for Factions. But factions are time limited so a harder and higher wall.
    Expeditions are gone.
    Skirmishes require a 9/10 or 10/10 ship to spend less than 6 hours. But at least they give something back.

Either way, the rewards are farther away, thus less incentivizing, less rewarding, and not worth chasing. Only the sunken cost fallacy to keep the old guard around, and the barrier to entry is raised higher to keep out the new.
  • Average GuyAverage Guy ✭✭✭✭
    So they replaced the 1000 merits for 250k VP with 1500 honor....i d prefer the merits though, but guess some folks will be more happy with the honor.

Personally, I'd rather have the honor. I can get 1000 merits in a couple regular days. I suppose I can get 1500 honor in a couple days, too, but it is far more valuable to me. Honor will get me citations. Merits let me buy stuff at faction stores and get faction missions, but ultimately, the value of merits is to buy a merit pull which give me worthless crew that I turn into... honor. So 750 merits gives me an average of 200 honor. I'll trade my 1000 merits for 1500 honor and thank DB.

Me too.
  • Yeah. Honor really is a useful currency in this game. Give me more honor!
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/