What a difference 30k VP makes.

Indeed. Maybe I need to push more.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now my 2nd account for a moment is 1000th rank
    24ljp4hivymd.png
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    d7r7cn07klaf.png

I usually finish under rank 1000 and score me a 5* crew and it’s alreay eveident that since Factions events have changed to incorporate rented shuttles it’s a lot harder to achive bellow tank 1000 as it’s enabled the P2W players an advantage.
    Not everyone has real money to burn through.
    I would have liked a Capt Spock.
    Oh dear, how sad, never mind.

I've spent $0 on this event, and only used 1 rental shuttle(from the free tokens) every night with with 9 hour shuttles. I'm ranked 1k better than you. There are other ways to compete. And after one event you can't say if it's the rented shuttles, Spock, or the new threshold that has increased scores.

Mmm. Short of time boosts aplenty, I've done some math and that would be impossible to achieve without them.

It's been time boosts aplenty. But those were all earned for free from cadet tickets. The scores have absolutely gotten higher, and it's gotten harder to rank under 1k. But it's not necessary to spend real money to do it.
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    WaldoMag wrote: »
    Now my 2nd account for a moment is 1000th rank
    24ljp4hivymd.png
    Blimey, Im hanging in @1002th. Im going to be pissed if I miss out on Spock.

DB: Do Better
  • [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    d7r7cn07klaf.png

I usually finish under rank 1000 and score me a 5* crew and it’s alreay eveident that since Factions events have changed to incorporate rented shuttles it’s a lot harder to achive bellow tank 1000 as it’s enabled the P2W players an advantage.

I've spent $0 on this event, and only used 1 rental shuttle(from the free tokens) every night with with 9 hour shuttles. I'm ranked 1k better than you. There are other ways to compete. And after one event you can't say if it's the rented shuttles, Spock, or the new threshold that has increased scores.

Mmm. Short of time boosts aplenty, I've done some math and that would be impossible to achieve without them.

It's been time boosts aplenty. But those were all earned for free from cadet tickets. The scores have absolutely gotten higher, and it's gotten harder to rank under 1k. But it's not necessary to spend real money to do it.

This is a point I have been making exactly, I used to spend 11-15 three star boosts, plus maybe 2-4 Four star boosts. Now with double cadet missions and 4 free shuttle tickets, etc, one can still play free, but now would expect to spend 22-30 three star boosts, 4-8 four star boosts, plus all 4 shuttle rental tickets (with overnight reward boosts) just to rank in the same place.

It's inflation, doesn't mean it costs you more in real resources.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Here it is almost out of reach of getting pics
    o5mmb0c343ec.png

Rank dropped 131 places in about 70 minutes.
  • I just dropped out on 465k...
  • kapukapu ✭✭✭
    ^^40k more will take you all the way to 450th... at 505k and an hour left to go. It is really closely packed...
    Captain Lvl 99; Vip0; 552 Unique Immortals; Fleet: Omega Molecules; Base Lvl 134 (MAX); Playing Since March 2016.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    d7r7cn07klaf.png

Even with my extreme paranoia about dropping out of the top 1000, I have sent exactly four shuttles requisitioned with dil (two yesterday and two more this morning) and probably didn’t need to:

l6u9ba3dgeqp.png

What got me here is over 100 time reducing boosts saved from Thursday cadet rewards over the last few months, burning through all of the free requisition tokens, and having all of the bonus crew except most of the 5*s. I use the ad doubler but do not buy extra tickets and don’t buy any of the new requisition token offers or any boost packs.

Being competitive in every event is indeed a P2W game. Picking and choosing events that have crew which interest you, while saving resources in between these events, is how you can have success without being a whale. I don’t expect to place above 2000 or 3000 (even with a stout bonus crew roster) in another Faction event for a couple of months...but it’s worth it for a crew that I really wanted even despite his uninspiring skills.
  • WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    With 59 minutes to go, 1000th place is currently 466,320.

This event is way more competitive than most factions. I had a good kickstart (11 x 3* speed boosts + 2 x 4* speed boosts) and throughout the 4 days have only been delayed a total of about 90 minutes from maintaining the waves of shuttles every 3 hours, with success rates ranging from 84% - 94% on my 4 shuttles. I am currently sitting in 980, with 5 shuttles (I've used 4 rental tokens) due back about 20 minutes before the end of the event.
  • If this is gonna be the norm, then I'm just gonna Cherry pick events instead week in week out.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    If this is gonna be the norm, then I'm just gonna Cherry pick events instead week in week out.

I’d wait to see how other Faction events go to control for the Captain Spock effect. Even though his stats are disappointing he’s a wildly popular character. And thresholds are still worth going for even if you can’t hit all of them with the new reward structure.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    w8map3et6eli.png
  • If this is gonna be the norm, then I'm just gonna Cherry pick events instead week in week out.

I’d wait to see how other Faction events go to control for the Captain Spock effect. Even though his stats are disappointing he’s a wildly popular character. And thresholds are still worth going for even if you can’t hit all of them with the new reward structure.

Indeed.
    And I hit them all..
    Ranked in the 400-500 range..
    But it's getting to be too much.

Used a lot of speed boosts to the point that it's is unsustainable if this were the weekly norm, even with an extra set of weekly cadet tickets..

Unless events start being on a regular rotation

Week one shuttle
    week two Galaxy
    Week three skirmish
    Week four hybrid.
    (Or some mix of the above)

If it's shuttle /Galaxy / shuttle / hybrid/ shuttle / whatever.. I'll be slowing down.

They need a semi regular pattern,
    They need to use all the existing event types and if they don't then they need yet another new type to throw in the mix.

Maybe a super gauntlet type..
    (Bigger teams, refresh tickets ect)
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm just glad I stuck to my motto, boosts are replaceable, tokens you never know how frequently they will accrue, I seem to be keeping my nose sub 1k but not since Killy have I felt this faction was so brutal.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    1ui9ci9drc6n.png
  • RogueAngylRogueAngyl ✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    ]

I’d wait to see how other Faction events go to control for the Captain Spock effect. Even though his stats are disappointing he’s a wildly popular character.

Also wondering how the field not being flooded with free rentals will impact future factions. It doesn't sound like there were many biters on the rental packs this week, but I imagine that the achievement rentals played a role in the 500-1000 range.
    My 8-Point STT Strategy:

1. Voyage.
    2. Have fun. If something isn't fun, don't do it.
    3. Only pursue characters I care about.
    4. Contribute to the fleet.
    5. No more spending beyond monthly cards.
    6. Have fun.
    7. Voyage.
    8. Have fun!
  • WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Super competitive around the 1k mark. For the first time ever, I had to send out 2 shuttles using a combination of 4* speed boosts and 100 dilithium to bring them home quickly, in order to maintain my spot in the top-1000.

The last 4k points moved me up over 100 spots, so it is super tightly packed between 850-1000 (at least)!

I finished in the 947 spot, and here's what it took:
    - 11 x 3* speed boosts
    - 4 x 4* speed boosts
    - 8 x rental shuttle tokens
    - 200 dilithium
    - lots of 3* skill boosts (CMD, CMD, SEC & ENG with ever wave)
    - setting alarms every 3 hours for 72-straight hours, including 4 nights
    - that was with 16 bonus event crew and shuttle success rates of 84%, 87%, 92% and 94%

That is crazy to me, just to barely finish inside the top-1000!
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    pmihj1nnsgh5.png

I believe it was only 4000 points separating my two accounts might have been 3000. The rank difference was 753 to 969
  • AntasilAntasil ✭✭✭✭
    pmihj1nnsgh5.png

I believe it was only 4000 points separating my two accounts might have been 3000. The rank difference was 753 to 969

yikes! I ranked 752, never realized it was that close :-(
  • Webberoni wrote: »
    Super competitive around the 1k mark. For the first time ever, I had to send out 2 shuttles using a combination of 4* speed boosts and 100 dilithium to bring them home quickly, in order to maintain my spot in the top-1000.

The last 4k points moved me up over 100 spots, so it is super tightly packed between 850-1000 (at least)!

I finished in the 947 spot, and here's what it took:
    - 11 x 3* speed boosts
    - 4 x 4* speed boosts
    - 8 x rental shuttle tokens
    - 200 dilithium
    - lots of 3* skill boosts (CMD, CMD, SEC & ENG with ever wave)
    - setting alarms every 3 hours for 72-straight hours, including 4 nights
    - that was with 16 bonus event crew and shuttle success rates of 84%, 87%, 92% and 94%

That is crazy to me, just to barely finish inside the top-1000!

That is insane.
    I used about 55 x 3* speed boosts
    2x 4*
    2x rentals

I finished 480ish (not safe or comfortable in this event at all ) and slept 4.5 /5 hours a night

I only started to feel safe the last 15 minutes.

Normally being at that rank at 9 in the morning means I can send standard 3 hour shuttles and go grocery shopping.

Lol I'm getting ready to go now, an hour post event.

30,000 ish points between 500/1000..

I'd guess another 30k would land us around rank 200 but that's a guess.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    Antasil wrote: »
    pmihj1nnsgh5.png

yikes! I ranked 752, never realized it was that close :-(

Ya. But 248 people would have had to move up or down for you to be effected.

There already was a lot of movement of people trying to make the top 1000. I thought my second account was safe. But, I realized I would needed more. Used two 4* time boosts and sped up with dil. Probably many others did same thing.

Definitely an advantage for those who were close to 1000 rank to be on the game in the closing minutes.

• A squadronmate and I decided that this event was “all in”. I cant tell you how many Time boosts I used. Easily over 50 blue 1.5 ones.

I used around 5-6 shuttle tolens to suppliment my forced after some skipped time due to sleep. I set timers on my phone that reminded me every time a shuttle came back. I had a large number of event crew and bonus crew. I didnt have the new Legendary Weyoun. My squadron consisted of me and one other person, Lego Von Baustein. I shared a crew and we helped each other.

I ended up with 560k VP and rank 227z I hovered around 157 most of yesterday and my highest rank was around 50.

Needless to say, I am taking a break on ranking top 1k in events. This one drained all my resources and time lol.
  • Ok. This is the last time I try to reach the first 1000 rank in a faction event. It’s not possible without spending money or having saved boosts and dilithium for months.
    I have 4 shuttles and for this event I had 8 bonus characters including two 4 stars Commando Shran FF/FE since the beginning of the event.
    I was in the top 800 until yesterday (I’m from Europe).
    I always used the 9 hours boosts all the nights and succeeded all missions with 5 shuttles every night using tokens.
    I used all the time boosts I had to earn more VP and used more than 1000 dilithium to speed up the last missions.
    I do not want to spend more money to buy tokens, I’m fine spending 4,39€ every now and then for the monthly card.
    If there are more than 1000 people who spend money to finish in the top 1000, I respect their decision but it’s too much for me.
  • kapukapu ✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Jim Steele wrote: »
    pmihj1nnsgh5.pngI believe it was only 4000 points separating my two accounts might have been 3000. The rank difference was 753 to 969
    I really wish they would fix the rewards, if its only one failed shuttle between 750 and 1000 surely something is badly broken.

Jim

maybe something like if you're within x% of the vps of the guy holding the 1k spot, you'd get the rewards as well... basically the same effort nets the same rewards kinda thing.

edit and the next reward tier would start after all these guys...
    Captain Lvl 99; Vip0; 552 Unique Immortals; Fleet: Omega Molecules; Base Lvl 134 (MAX); Playing Since March 2016.