Home The Bridge
Options

Armus the Formidable

·§ë· For the Many·§ë· For the Many ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2018 in The Bridge
t0snobbnqiuh.jpg
FE/FF level 100 stats CMD 734 (256-578), SEC 406 (162-331), SCI 908 (321-821)
FE 1/5 level 100 stats CMD 306 (256-578), SEC 181 (162-331), SCI 556 (321-821)
Traits: Villain, Desperate, Survivalist, Brutal, Telepath, Telekinetic

Beware, the encroaching wall of formidable blobs!

Comments

• Options
    S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weaker version of Surak and 7of9.

• Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    Excellent, my Non-Cannon Aviator Yar better watch her back.

Jim
    DB: Do Better
  • Options
    Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    S31 wrote: »
    Weaker version of Surak and 7of9.

Not quite, but they're close:

w4ji2ku670d0.png

EDIT:
    He has the top CMD+SCI roll by a considerable margin (1172 vs 934 for Surak in #2)

SEC+SCI roll is third behind Gary Seven and Species 8472 Invader.
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Definitely a solid addition to the game; kind of surprised his strength lies in SCI and not SEC or CMD, but I'm certainly hoping I'll be able to grab him.
  • Options
    Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting that he is the same stat trio as Gary Seven, so that alone will split usage some.
  • Options
    Yea, I think he's pretty well balanced relative to the other options that are out there (especially relative to Caretaker).

I've rarely seen Gary Seven (given that he was a Tuesday six-back, that's not too surprising), but he's held in check decently by Locutus, Surak, and the other science-adjacent crew. The big problem with Caretaker is that there is so few that can even begin to challenge him. That won't be the case with Armus.
  • Options
    Shan wrote: »
    Note: I removed the Telepath trait from the announcement.
    There were a lot of discussions internally about this but the "not telepath" team won >:)
    Forgive me I'll take any opportunity I can get. How's bout adding Weyoun 6's rightful traits? :)
    Hero, Inspiring, Desperate, Maverick, Resourceful
    Weyoun, 6th of His Name, Conscience of the Dominion, Hero of the Ice Chunk
  • Options
    Nero84Nero84 ✭✭✭
    Got my Caretaker to 3 stars so hoping I get lucky and can get a 4th before this ends. Armus is pretty good but and will be useful in a few different situations. Low traits though may be his downfall. Less chance of getting a crit bonus.
  • Options
    Nero84 wrote: »
    Got my Caretaker to 3 stars so hoping I get lucky and can get a 4th before this ends. Armus is pretty good but and will be useful in a few different situations. Low traits though may be his downfall. Less chance of getting a crit bonus.

Villain, Desperate, Survivalist, and Brutal all show up from time to time. He may never rock 45%+, but he'll be 25% occasionally. Event at zero trait matches, he's going to be a solid choice most of the time.
  • Options
    Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    About time! But one of his traits should be EVIL.
  • Options
    Vreenak9Vreenak9 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Nice. The only one I would prefer over armus is kivas fajo. But if I grab him I will be very happy.
    Thanks dB. Nice choice.
    Edit: I guess his prio should be Sec, too!
    "I am First Omet'iklan and i'm dead. As of this moment, we are all dead. We go into battle to reclaim our lives. This we do gladly, for we are Jem'Hadar. Remember: victory is life"

VIP-Level: 14
    Fleet: [GER]StarFleet
    Immortals total: 437; 23 Legendaries; 257 Super Rare; 79 Rare; 51 Uncommon; 27 Common

Collections: Rare; Uncommen; Common; Live Long and Prosper; Do no Harm; Chain of Command; The neutral Zone; Valor in Combat; The Daystrom Award; The Eugenic Wars; Rules of Aquisition
  • Options
    FlayFlay ✭✭✭
    Made an accurate drawing of him on the crew roster. This is an easy one for the artists!

i0qil4x3p7l8.jpg
    [GER - SF] Star Fleet - recruiting active captains with event participation. Our Starbase is level 134 and we use the Line App (optional) for spam, bragging, jokes, motivation and sharing tactics. German language.
  • Options
    I like his stats. I guess it’s about time they change the gauntlet crew. I just wish I was able to get Caretaker FF. I have him 2/5, and I just won my second one a week ago.

What will happen to Caretaker? Will he be added to Gauntlet achievements? Will he be put in the Honor Hall? Will prevoius gauntlet crew be added to the Honor Hall?

@Shan I’m assuming we’ll know by next week?

• Options
    AmphistaffAmphistaff ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like his stats. I guess it’s about time they change the gauntlet crew. I just wish I was able to get Caretaker FF. I have him 2/5, and I just won my second one a week ago.

What will happen to Caretaker? Will he be added to Gauntlet achievements? Will he be put in the Honor Hall? Will prevoius gauntlet crew be added to the Honor Hall?

@Shan I’m assuming we’ll know by next week?

Probably nothing for a long time. MAYBE we'll get him in a pack at some point but I wouldn't count on it. Guinan still isn't in the gauntlet achievement so I wouldn't count on hobo being added anytime soon, if ever.
  • Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    From the April Q&A they were supposedly working on how they were going to make previous gauntlet crew available, but AFAIK we've heard nothing since.
    Will there be more chances to get Guinan and Locutus?
    Yes, old gauntlet jackpot crew will show up in the game at some point. For instance, there has been a pack that featured Locutus. That wasn’t enough, so we are talking about what our preferred method for introducing them to a larger population of players should be. We won’t be making it so that the time and effort people spent getting these characters out of the gauntlet is trivialised. So, at the very least, those crew will experience a period of exclusivity even after they are removed from the gauntlet.
  • Options
    About time! But one of his traits should be EVIL.

Or SKIN at least?

Didn't realize until now that those of us in the US may have to deal with a skin of gravy on Friday, so maybe good timing on a skin of evil?
    My 8-Point STT Strategy:

1. Voyage.
    2. Have fun. If something isn't fun, don't do it.
    3. Only pursue characters I care about.
    4. Contribute to the fleet.
    5. No more spending beyond monthly cards.
    6. Have fun.
    7. Voyage.
    8. Have fun!
  • Options
    Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only thing I am not looking forward to is the artwork :p
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • Options
    barrydancerbarrydancer ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only thing I am not looking forward to is the artwork :p

For reals. A black blob with that horrible yellow and blue shading won't be pretty...
  • Options
    [TLA] Chancellor[TLA] Chancellor ✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Hoping it looks more like this 652yq1lumrrl.jpeg

• Options
    Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »
    Definitely a solid addition to the game; kind of surprised his strength lies in SCI and not SEC or CMD, but I'm certainly hoping I'll be able to grab him.

Indeed, the strong SCI is kind of coming out of nowhere. Not a complaint, but just confusion. I am very surprised SEC is his lowest, given his propensity for violence.

Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • Options
    AntasilAntasil ✭✭✭✭
    The DB artist may yet surprise me, but I'm less that enthusiastic about a black blob from one of the worst episodes :-(

But as I said, it may turn out to be an awesome blob ;-)
  • Options
    5000 Quatloos5000 Quatloos ✭✭✭✭✭
    This would have made an awesome Halloween treat. :-)
    Accepted. Mark them, Galt.