Home The Bridge
Options

Armus the Formidable

Comments

• Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    From the STT Twitter:

5cou1084z3nw.jpeg

That actually looks really good. DB must have used the same person who did the TAS crew artwork.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    7jzpj0nvkcl7.jpg
    Why not Blue Geordie? Why was he blue? Cause Geordie could never get no love. He was basically the Harry Kim of Next Gen.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    I guess I am in the minority. I absolutely didn’t want him as a crew, and I still don’t. And now I will get to see walls of him in Gauntlet. Yay.
  • Options
    Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't really care that these guys are coming from TNG, I'm just not that impressed with Armus. I was hoping for Kevin Uxbridge tbh.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How lame.
    7jzpj0nvkcl7.jpg
    Why not Blue Geordie? Why was he blue? Cause Geordie could never get no love. He was basically the Harry Kim of Next Gen.

Ha! Yeah. He had to create his love interest in the holodeck. Then when she found out she was PISSED!!

• Options
    KaiteeKaitee ✭✭✭✭✭
    That art is pretty sweet (even if the bottom of it does make me think of a floor length gown, and from that I'm imagining Armus slinking around with his hips swaying sexily). Time to start paying attention to the Gauntlet again I guess - I got a lucky Guinan back in the day, but no Caretaker, and lately I've stopped bothering much since I can't really say I want him.
  • Options
    Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is his tag actually "the formidable?" Shouldn't it have been, "the Empty," or "the Abandoned?"
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • Options
    I don't understand this choice of gauntlet rare reward. The impressive stats aside, why would one ever want a character who's only evil, with no redeeming qualities at all?

I would definitely have wanted Locutus if I'd been around during that era. I really, really wanted Guinan during her era but didn't get her unfortunately. Caretaker is less exciting but perfectly fine. Now I'm already waiting for the end of the Armus era, and I hope the next one will be someone cool (for example female Q, or Nomad as Captain Lost suggested). 😎
  • Options
    S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was lucky with Caretaker (4 copies) so I hope that I will get sooo unlucky in the next 8 months...

A boring, cheap, one episode villain with MEH stats.
    Crew space is a premium for me!!!!
  • Options
    Lummelunda wrote: »
    why would one ever want a character who's only evil, with no redeeming qualities at all?

I think it's an interesting choice for a character. On one hand how many times have we seen a main cast member killed off in Trek? Especially in the 80s, I remember this being a crazy big deal. On the other hand, I think it's a character that's super relevant today in terms of some of the hate and violence issues. As a kid watching this, I thought it was a cool scary episode moment, as an adult I find it to be one of those undersung insightful Trek moments that gets a lot of mileage.
    Plus it was the target of one of the first (if not the first) great Picard speeches.

So in a sense, I'm less enthusiastic about getting Armus (he's certainly not going to be my new avatar) and more enthusiastic about what he represents. He certainly represents more than tng comic book or augment variant characters.
    My 8-Point STT Strategy:

1. Voyage.
    2. Have fun. If something isn't fun, don't do it.
    3. Only pursue characters I care about.
    4. Contribute to the fleet.
    5. No more spending beyond monthly cards.
    6. Have fun.
    7. Voyage.
    8. Have fun!
  • Options
    Ren~Ren~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elim wrote: »
    Armus should have the Empath trait. He's not a telepath but he could feed off emotions

And resourceful.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess I am in the minority. I absolutely didn’t want him as a crew, and I still don’t. And now I will get to see walls of him in Gauntlet. Yay.
    I hear ya. I don't like Armus either. Was a gross episode. But remember that Denise Crosby wanted to leave the show and that was the only reason the Yar character was killed.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    DeanWinsDeanWins ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    I think its an OK choice, but I think there were better options.

if they are going for divine/omnipotent type chars, like they seem to be, I think Female Q or Riker Q would of been cool;)

Or as others have mentioned, the Seven/EMH doc hybrid.
  • Options
    ·§ë· For the Many·§ë· For the Many ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    Shy Khan wrote: »
    Is his tag actually "the formidable?" Shouldn't it have been, "the Empty," or "the Abandoned?"
    It was just from the Starfleet Communication "he (Caretaker) will soon depart in favor of another formidable crew: Armus!" :)
    DeanWins wrote: »
    the Seven/EMH doc hybrid.
    Yes please!
  • Options
    KTzKTz ✭✭✭
    To bad they choose this crew for gauntlet. It will be hard to get and a most wanted one by me
  • Options
    I don't understand this choice of gauntlet rare reward. The impressive stats aside, why would one ever want a character who's only evil, with no redeeming qualities at all?

No redeeming qualities? It killed off Yar, there has to be some good in it :P

I think he is cool but not looking forward to my first "wall of Armus(es)"

• Options
    PolPol ✭✭✭
    In my opinion it is an excellent chioce as a gauntlet gold. He is not a much desired character (a la Spock), and his stats though good are not off the charts (a la Caretaker). Keep in mind that its ONLY obtainable through sheer luck so im good
  • Options
    I hope they’ll give Armus the honour of the only crew with Animation
    Star Trek Timelines Armus Vidéo
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nomad could be a SEC star, maybe a SEC-SCI-ENG mix.

Word similarity with Nomad got me to Norman (lead android from one of the TOS Mudd episodes). To think that Kirk (instead of Spock) defeated both of them with logic traps. :s Has potential as a CMD-ENG-SEC type.

Finally, since they managed to do a decent job with the Armus art, I don't think it would be too hard for the same artist to do justice to an energy-form Organian. Might even be easier. Obviously DIP, maybe SCI and MED?
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    Etienne wrote: »

Armi? Armea? hmmm :wink:
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    Etienne wrote: »

Armi? Armea? hmmm :wink:

An army of Armii, if you will.
  • Options
    Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    Correct plural must be Armani.

Cue ArmusSuit.jpg
  • Options
    I wonder what kind of equipment we can expect for it.

Diplomatic Protocol?
    Psychological Evaluation?
    Late Vintage Bloodwine?
    Pancakes?
    My 8-Point STT Strategy:

1. Voyage.
    2. Have fun. If something isn't fun, don't do it.
    3. Only pursue characters I care about.
    4. Contribute to the fleet.
    5. No more spending beyond monthly cards.
    6. Have fun.
    7. Voyage.
    8. Have fun!
  • Options

Word similarity with Nomad got me to Norman (lead android from one of the TOS Mudd episodes). To think that Kirk (instead of Spock) defeated both of them with logic traps. :s Has potential as a CMD-ENG-SEC type.

Finally, since they managed to do a decent job with the Armus art, I don't think it would be too hard for the same artist to do justice to an energy-form Organian. Might even be easier. Obviously DIP, maybe SCI and MED?

Don’t forget about Landru as well.
  • Options

Don’t forget about Landru as well.

Landru, Nomad, Balok, Charlie X
    Nagilum, Cytherian, Kamala
    T'pring, T'Pau
    Female Q

Any of these and so many more options would have been better than Armus. I didn't/don't hate Armus, but he is just so forgettable in the overall ST universe.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...