Home The Bridge
Options

Armus the Formidable

13»

Comments

• Options
    Nomad could be a SEC star, maybe a SEC-SCI-ENG mix.

Word similarity with Nomad got me to Norman (lead android from one of the TOS Mudd episodes). To think that Kirk (instead of Spock) defeated both of them with logic traps. :s Has potential as a CMD-ENG-SEC type.

Finally, since they managed to do a decent job with the Armus art, I don't think it would be too hard for the same artist to do justice to an energy-form Organian. Might even be easier. Obviously DIP, maybe SCI and MED?

Don’t forget about Landru as well.

Landru, Nomad, Balok, Charlie X
    Nagilum, Cytherian, Kamala
    T'pring, T'Pau
    Female Q

Any of these and so many more options would have been better than Armus. I didn't/don't hate Armus, but he is just so forgettable in the overall ST universe.

I don't disagree that there were better and/or more obvious options for the new gauntlet character. I'm still surprised they aren't promoting Discovery Pike or some other major player from Discovery Season 2. But to call Armus "forgettable" is a little rough IMO.

Maybe it's a generational thing, maybe there's no accounting for taste, but you can't deny that Armus' killing of Yar was referenced multiple times between TNG seasons 2-5. Not to mention a reject story that received a non-canon production (for lack of a better euphemism). All but two of your alternatives never got a second mention.
    My 8-Point STT Strategy:

1. Voyage.
    2. Have fun. If something isn't fun, don't do it.
    3. Only pursue characters I care about.
    4. Contribute to the fleet.
    5. No more spending beyond monthly cards.
    6. Have fun.
    7. Voyage.
    8. Have fun!
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Lummelunda wrote: »
    I don't understand this choice of gauntlet rare reward. The impressive stats aside, why would one ever want a character who's only evil, with no redeeming qualities at all?

Because we're playing Q's Battle Royale, where we routinely:
    1. Murder *ahem* "dismiss" multiverse crew
    2. Murder *ahem* "vanquish" Arena opponents
    3. Mindslave *ahem* "recruit" multiverse crew (because, sure, the Borg Queen and the Clown volunteered to serve on my ship...)

I find this rapacious take on the otherwise militantly wholesome ST universe genuinely refreshing. My only, humble, request is that we finally get Redjac.knlr5uvwg7sj.jpg
    63iaowr229l5.jpg92vnis2t841v.jpg
    niu8bsqxvx1a.jpg