Home The Bridge

Voyage Crew Reward

2»

Comments

• Finally got second Thot Gor yesterday. Still waiting for part 1 of anything to make a decent Voyage to extend for more, but I keep getting the useless Dilemmas. :(
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • muwoomuwoo ✭✭✭
    Playing for 9 months- 1 Clown, 2 Thot Gor, 2 Lucien
  • I have:
    3/4 Thot Gor
    2/4 Jannar
    1 Lucien
    1 Clown
    2/4 Fierce Guinan (but 1 of them was from achievement)

I generally only go 8 hours on voyages, so the 3 parters are possible, but extremely rare. If at all possible, I'm trying to immortalize and freeze away any of these before existing obtaining other VoyageOnly crew (such as A Higher Duty part 3, finishing Guinan vs McCoy.)
  • Just got another Jannar to drop, my second in 22 days.
  • I got my 3rd Jannar today.

I recently got The Clown.
    Several weeks ago I got Thot Gor.

Now to get the others hopefully. Is it better to get Guinan as an Achievement or through Voyages?
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    I got my 3rd Jannar today.

I recently got The Clown.
    Several weeks ago I got Thot Gor.

Now to get the others hopefully. Is it better to get Guinan as an Achievement or through Voyages?

Better? There is no better. Getting crew is getting crew. The achievement Guinan is easy, but it's only 1. It takes long voyages and/or luck to get Guinan from dilemmas. But every Guinan you get is one less that you need to use honor to fuse.

I don’t know about “better” one way or the other but it is far, far easier to get Guinan through the achievement. I’m currently sitting on 1545 dilemmas passed, I cleared the 20 hour voyage achievement, and I no longer have voyages run less than 8 hours unless I need to recall early to prepare event crew. I have never seen the third part of either of the three-part dilemmas and rarely even see the second parts.

As hard as it is to complete any of the two-part dilemmas, it is pure dumb luck to ever complete one of the three-parters...never mind do it enough times to immortalize any of the four crew obtainable from them. You have a better chance of pulling one of them from an Elusive Treasures offer than you do from actually running voyages, which is how I have a 2/4* Ensign Picard and a 1/4* Leonard McCoy to go along with my achievement Fierce Guinan. If you have the slot space to play the long game, do it; if, however, you’ve gotten Guinan from the achievement and need to free up a slot, you’ll need to ask yourself if 54,000 honor is really worth it to you to keep her in the freezer.
  • 5000 Quatloos5000 Quatloos ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've pretty much given up on the 3-parters ... they've completely dried up since I stopped trying to see how far I can push voyage length (with extends). I don't think I've seen one Part 3 since capping my voyages at what I can humanly complete in a single voyage-during-waking-hours / return-overnight cycle ...
    Accepted. Mark them, Galt.
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    20 more Voyage tokens and I can go on an extremely long Voyage that will then bug out. At least I'll have Iampicard to save me right?
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    I finally got Lucien from my Voyage missions after hours of Voyage Dilemmas.

How long did it take for everyone else to acquire their crew and which crew did you get and does it normally take a long time to get a crew reward?
    I just got my last Lucian!!

Still missing 2 stars from Worf and Thot Gor, and both McCoy and Picard still elude me.

DB: Do Better
  • [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    How long did it take for everyone else to acquire their crew and which crew did you get and does it normally take a long time to get a crew reward?

Can't recall how long it took to get the individual crew, but been running voyages since they launched and have...

4/4 - Thot Gor
    4/4 - The Clown
    3/4 - Lucien
    2/4 - Janar
    1/4 - Worf
    1/4 - Guinan (from the achievement, not dilemmas)

Zero McCoy's or Picard's.

Finally got Lucien’s 4th star. Nothing else has changed for my list (have airlocked a few Thot Gor's and Clown's though). I doubt I’ll ever get more of the 3 hour crew. Perhaps if the rng provided for a drastically increased chance after a certain hour I’d be willing to extend some, but the way it is now every extension to try for part 3 (after getting parts 1& 2 during a regular run) have been a complete waste.
  • Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    5/4 drops for Thot Gor, three of them on the same weekend.
    0/4 clown.
    4/4 Lucien.
    2/4 Janar.

I have never got to the third part of a three part dilemma. I can't even remember that last time I got to part two, despite 95% of my voyages being at least eight hours, and me regularly extending them to ten or twelve hours.
    I got my 3rd Jannar today.

Through Voyages. Once you get the first star from the Voyage, claim the reward, and get the second star. If you have not got one from a Voyage, leave the achievement unclaimed to keep a free crew spot.

I have an unclaimed Guinan for many months now. She is keeping 3* CO Sisko company. She will sit there until I win her from a voyage.
  • AldudeAldude ✭✭✭✭✭
    I ended up citing Guinan. I have never seen a part 3 and I wasn't willing to have a 1/4 after claiming her from an achievement.

So I am 5/8 immortalised now.
    Fleet Admiral of NCC UK Midlands."Leave any bigotry in your quarters. There's no room for it on the bridge." - J.T. Kirk, 2266
  • [TFA] Celeres[TFA] Celeres ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    I've immortalized none of the voyage-only crew, and I've been running voyages since the feature went live. Out of the gates, I could consistently hit 6 hours, and I've been comfortably hitting 8-9 hours for almost a year. That said, the odds of things lining up just so are not great, so I don't consider myself particularly unlucky, save for a glitch I've encountered repeatedly in the progression for The Clown. Basically, I'd choose the correct option in the first part, but then the choice in part 2 that awards The Clown wouldn't display. I let it happen three or four times before I finally ticketed, and after a fairly extensive back and forth with CS, they awarded me a copy to bring me to 2/4. Absent the glitch I'd have him immortalized, but that'd be it. Lucien and Jannar are 2/4. and I have single copies of Worf, Thot Gor, and Guinan (achievement, unclaimed).
    First Officer - Task Force April
    Squadron Leader - [TFA] Bateson’s Bulldogs
  • Torias327Torias327 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I received Guinan on the 2nd or 3rd day she was available, in an 8 hour voyage (I know, it’s ok to hate me, I still didn’t have a chance at first to immortalize though). I had the clown bug out the first time and was refused by CS to give me the crew, but the 2nd go around I was able to take enough screen shots to get him through a ticket, my 3rd (technically 2nd) Clown actually worked as intended finally. I have Jannar at 2/4 and Thot and Lucian 4/4. Just now while reading this thread, I got Ensign Picard, and figured I would throw in my experience because of that. Still missing Worf and McCoy. Picard was at hour 20, and I got Jannar at hour 8 in the same voyage. I seldom run past 8 hours but I had 3 crew dilemma starters pop up in the first 8 hours and decided to take the run, glad I did. Nearly all of my Voyage crew have been from 8 hour runs, though, so it is possible, just very, very infrequent.
  • How long does everyone take on their Voyage? Is 8 or 20 hour the max?

Is one day unheard or have anyone gone beyond one day like two day?
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    How long does everyone take on their Voyage? Is 8 or 20 hour the max?

Is one day unheard or have anyone gone beyond one day like two day?

The maximum voyage length before you run out of dilemmas is 72ish hours. Those get real expensive, though, so I would say most people keep it to under 12 with revives and 8 or fewer without, depending on crew makeup. I hit 8-9 hours naturally every single time now and only go longer when I am inattentive and fail to recall in time.
  • Haven't hit a 10 hour voyage yet (without refresh or token). Longest voyage by dil refresh was 24 hours. Can't recall it being spectacular other than unlocking an achievement.

Lucien and Clown 4/4 off voyages
    Thot Gor and Jannar I got one copy and cited them up to FFE while the once per crew rule was in effect. Best decision I ever made as we all got the honour back for that!
    Guinan 1/4 off achievements.
    That's all she wrote.
    “Holodeck 2 tomorrow, 1600 hours. Just you, me and a tuning fork”
  • I Voyage for chrons, rations, and maybe some crew to level up what I already have. I don't concern myself with the Voyage-only drops because the dilemmas usually NEVER line up for you to get them anyway. Once I was out for over 12hrs and the best I got was a 2* Kira. The best crew drops come in-between dilemmas anyway.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bakerbeanz wrote: »
    I Voyage for chrons, rations, and maybe some crew to level up what I already have. I don't concern myself with the Voyage-only drops because the dilemmas usually NEVER line up for you to get them anyway. Once I was out for over 12hrs and the best I got was a 2* Kira. The best crew drops come in-between dilemmas anyway.

Ya know what I have done best on? 1* and 2* to fill out the Immortalized inventory. All I have left to get is the 2* EMH from Honour Hall {being overpriced so badly compared to the previous 1* has made me resist so far} and 1* Neelix and Keiko.
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."