Home The Bridge
Options

40% off Legendary Beholds (3 per day) and premium 10x packs purchasable with honor!

YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2018 in The Bridge
Who's biting on this? I am damned tempted

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/12459/two-very-special-honor-offerings-available-for-a-limited-time#latest

Something about this SCREAMS "I'll blow all my honor to have them announce a badass new honor hall crew right after"

Comments

• Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm, I have 300K honor.....and several sitting at 4/5....... :smirk:
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Of course this comes about a week after I finally got around to investing 450,000 honor in legendary citations. I increased Locutus, Captain Beverly Picard and Interfaced LaForge from 1/5 to 4/5, so it's not like I just wasted that honor, but still... that's enough to max out with 12 of these beGolds!
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just can't decide if ripping 8(ish) of these is better than just citing up my new Boothby since he's the #3 voyage character overall.... DB has made it tough on me today
  • Options
    Thorozar Thorozar ✭✭✭✭
    No crew slots, and no word of a slot sale. Pass.
  • Options
    NivenFresNivenFres ✭✭✭✭
    Tried a 4k pack. Got a 5* behold. 2nd star on Mirror Data.

c8u1go1833to.png
    "If it wasn't for autocorrect, we wouldn't have Tuvok on a Giraffe."
  • Options
    5000 Quatloos5000 Quatloos ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Lol @ limited to three per day. Hats off to all those with epic patience to have hoarded honor - today is your day!

Hmm, if I do nothing but take off work and skirmish all day Thursday I *may* be able to squeak one more in before offer expires

Seriously though, thank you DB - this is a very good deal, especially right after a portal update.

Accepted. Mark them, Galt.
  • Options
    Hmm. I am at 45k honor and was saving to finish off mountaineer spock, but the 27k legendary behold is tempting.
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    One stab at the 27k begold so far and got my 1st star for FO Burnham so so far so good... Holding off on more pulls for now
  • Options
    I was pretty close to getting the final star for Data V, but I decided to take a chance on the Legendary Behold offer, just because it's a pretty unique offer. Got a 4th star for Wrathful Khan, happy with that result. Also tried the honor 10 pull, don't think I'm going to do that again because I ended up just trading 4k honor for 1k.
  • Options
    Only been playing a few months, saved up 100k for Kahless, and was back up to 76k for Capt Beverly. Looks like I may need to do some of those 27k pulls and start saving up again later.
  • Options
    I did a 45k pull an hour before they announced this. Luckily I got Gorkon, who I really wanted, so it is hard to be mad.
  • Options
    V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    no way. honor is what it's all about for me and I'm not throwing 27000 of it around for rng.
    wouldn't risk more than maybe 5000 for this offer.
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."
  • Options
    Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭
    27k pull.
    7o55rmgv4ob4.jpg
    Took 3rd star on Bones.

I immediately regret it though. I was sitting at 40k honor and I'm in the process of citing up my Da Vinci.
  • Options
    AmphistaffAmphistaff ✭✭✭✭✭
    The discount on beholds is a decent deal but the other is hot garbage. You really want me to spend 4000 honor for 800-1000? That's a terrible deal.
  • Options
    Not sure what’s more tempting, the packs or the beholds.

Then then little voice in the back of my head chimes and says “don’t do either...”
  • Options
    HaBlackHaBlack ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did 2 more pulls for 4k
    1. gave me purple behold with two immortalized purples and 2nd star on Gorn and rest was honor
    2. gave me begold
    lrxck42v78nh.jpg
    This was though one, but I chose Janeway because I already have strong MED and I don't really like this Riker

So 35k honor spent = 2 Golds and 1 Purple :)
    I am satisfied and with very little honor left :)
    PlayingSince: 2016-09-16Can we get some more characters from TAS?We finally have Caitians in the game!Character wishlist:
    • Lieutenant M'Ress - got her
    • Amanda Rogers - got her
    • Admiral S'rrel from Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home - not in the game yet
    • Agmar - not in the game yet
    • M'yra - not in the game yet
  • Options
    IkritIkrit ✭✭✭
    Ouch, just used up all of my honor on a 5* citation last night. It was the first time spent my honor on the citation instead of the behold, since I need more stars instead of crew. I would have gone for at least 1 behold here though, since it is much cheaper.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn’t take the honor pack offer - as many 4* crew as I have, I think it would end up being a net loss for me. Figure that the probability says you should land one 5* per ten 10-packs you open (obviously people have gone many more than that between golds, but such is probability). Opening ten of these packs costs 40,000 honor straight up and, assuming the usual return of 600-900 honor in already-immortalized 3* and 4* crew and a stable of completed ships, you’re not really doing much better than getting the legendary behold. You could do worse - by not getting a 5* or by getting soaked with a litany of useless schematics - but if you need to catch up on building 5* ships or 3*/4* crew, it’s not a bad way to amass crew.

The real question remains: buy beholds and risk an all-immortal zonk or pay more for a citation. The discount just makes this a harder decision, though perhaps not for those who are running low on open slots.
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since I still had about 180k Honor, I decided to do one Legendary Behold, as I've never bought one of those before. Got another star on Seven of Nine, so not terrible.

But as for the other offer, the way my luck with pulls has been going today, I'd basically be exchanging 4000 Honor for 800 Honor. Soooo... thanks but no thanks!

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    eXo | das411eXo | das411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a very very interesting idea, but do we know (or Shan can you clarify) is the limit of 5 purchases per day resets at 12am when the daily missions reset, or at 1pm/whenever we open the offer and the "limited time offer 24 hour" counter resets?
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thorozar wrote: »
    No crew slots, and no word of a slot sale. Pass.

This is running 18-21. I bet they announce a crew slot sale on the 21st or 24th.

If they were smart they'd have announced them all together since people are more likely to buy packs if they have the space for the crew.
  • Options
    HaBlackHaBlack ✭✭✭✭✭
    The real question remains: buy beholds and risk an all-immortal zonk or pay more for a citation. The discount just makes this a harder decision, though perhaps not for those who are running low on open slots.

I'm more about paying more for citation and being sure what am I paying for. But the Christmas is near so I gave it a shot and for it was ok.
    PlayingSince: 2016-09-16Can we get some more characters from TAS?We finally have Caitians in the game!Character wishlist:
    • Lieutenant M'Ress - got her
    • Amanda Rogers - got her
    • Admiral S'rrel from Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home - not in the game yet
    • Agmar - not in the game yet
    • M'yra - not in the game yet
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's see here.

Dumped all my merits to buy a bunch of packs yesterday. Also about 2mil in credits. All so I could squeeze out 50K honour for a citation.

Ah well. 5/5 RAF O'Brien and my 7th level in Holo Enthusiasts collection is probably better than some random Legendary pull even with the discount.

Maybe later in the week. See if I can squeeze out all the thresholds in the event before these offers go away.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    Should have just bought a citation... :(

czbtl0lr63gn.png

7cwz42byd62t.png

• Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tried one and I'm torn.....az9gywr9u5k4.jpg
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!