Home The Bridge

Did I just read that offer right?

I clicked buy so fast that I didn't even make sure. FIFTEEN 10x packs and 1500 dilithium for $9.99?

Comments

• Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks accurate 4n7cxbunot99.png
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. Best deal I've ever seen. First time I've ever bought one of their offers.
  • GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea I admit I haven't bought anything in months, but that one I couldn't pass up.
  • FetaroFetaro ✭✭✭
    Holy crap.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    A great deal...that extended my BeGold-less streak to around 30 packs. 12000ish honor and schematics to finish the Sarcophagus and build my first Orion Interceptor were all that I got out of it. :/
  • GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deals this good usually mean the developers are getting desperate.
  • Yateball wrote: »

They've been "half off" sales all week, while this is 60% off it's the same trend as the entire holiday week of sales. No panic button required yet

Honestly was expecting the lower price item to receive a smaller discount, like a 10/$10 for $7.50 or something.

Probably should buy this now in case I'm angry if/when my last shuttles don't do well so that I don't get my threshold target.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yateball wrote: »

They've been "half off" sales all week, while this is 60% off it's the same trend as the entire holiday week of sales. No panic button required yet

Ignoring their "% off labels" which are usually inflated by looking at base prices, this deal is easily the best deal they've ever offered in the game. It's the first time where the effective Dil/$ rate was better than the 750 DIL/$ of the monthly card.
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great deal that let me pick up Prophet Sarah, a second star on Benny Russell and a third star of Ushaan Archer (that was not a great begold at all). I definitely cannot complain!
  • SSR BarkleySSR Barkley ✭✭✭✭✭
    DB is likely trying to hit end of year #'s so they've put out these sales.

what they don't realize, are lower price points get more people to buy.
    /SSR/ Barkley - semi retired
    Second Star to the Right - Join Today!
  • Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭

Honestly was expecting the lower price item to receive a smaller discount, like a 10/$10 for $7.50 or something.

Probably should buy this now in case I'm angry if/when my last shuttles don't do well so that I don't get my threshold target.

I have a feeling it’s easier for them to just reuse the 4.99, 9.99, 24.99 price points, so we don’t see sale offers to odd amounts.
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »

Ignoring their "% off labels" which are usually inflated by looking at base prices, this deal is easily the best deal they've ever offered in the game. It's the first time where the effective Dil/$ rate was better than the 750 DIL/$ of the monthly card.

Agreed, I just thought the "developers getting desperate" comment was premature since they've been having pretty similar deals all week long
  • JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let´s not forget the big investment Tilting Point did some time ago. And the fact that in a few days for the moment STT is the only revenue source for them. Hence a further reason to spoil the users of this game some. Also currently DB is looking for a Game Director, so I see nothing desperate at all:

"Today, Disruptor Beam has several new games in its pipeline – but while we expand, we want to bring Star Trek Timelines to the next stage of its evolution. We recently announced a substantial funding commitment from Tilting Point to continue the expansion of Star Trek Timelines, and in this role you’ll be helping to align our team with our publisher and keep the content train running on time, while looking for new opportunities for growth."

Some great holiday offers the last days DB, with the icing on the cake this one. Cheers...
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just got a Patrol the Galaxy to show up. I hope the standard Monday offer doesn't hide the holiday one for everyone else. Glad I decided to buy it as soon as it showed up.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    DB is likely trying to hit end of year #'s so they've put out these sales.

what they don't realize, are lower price points get more people to buy.

I would love to believe that DB will see the sales they have generated this week and try to sustain that over time rather than chalk it up to the players having reduced inhibitions due to the holiday season and/or being stuffed full of food to the point of not knowing what day or time it is.
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Jumped all over this, bringing my unclaimed 10x Premium packs to 49!

gh6kcjj8ayjp.png
  • Great offer and I got some decent results:

- 2 New SR's (Soran, Silik)
    - one additional star for Cyrus Redblock (now 2*) and Space Suit Tucker (now 3*)
    - three immortalized SR's (Mirror Sisko, Gralik, Lily Sloan)
    - two Begolds (one additional star for Tempted Data (now 2*) and first star for Lorca (chose him over a second star for Sulan)
  • A really great offer. The discounted holiday offers are a great idea, and this is definitely the best one.
  • The only way it can get better is if they offer half off citations and finally do another crew slot sale
  • I took the offer and immediately after this popped up. No thanks 😂😂😂

du23qundt7tm.png
  • I had to do a double take too, but needless to say I opened my wallet as soon as I was sure I had read it correctly!
  • KatlaKatla ✭✭✭
    It's not a bad deal. Just wish I'd gotten more than 4 usable super rare stars from it. Not even one legendary pop-up. Ah well. Such is luck.
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    Notable 5's:
    3rd star for Judge Q
    4th star for Duelist Torres

Notable 4's
    4th star for Kolos
    4th star for Kelby
    2nd star for Marshal of France Q
    2nd star for Doctor La Forge

I've had worse bundles, but this is still pretty damn blah
  • Taking the kiddo out for a movie but I’m going to jump all over this. Great deal.
  • RennJaxoRennJaxo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Picked up another star for Undercover Sulu (meh) and my first Gorkon, which I'm pretty pumped for. Love the character and the art.
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kind of surprised nobody has given me grief for my currency levels.
  • eXo | das411eXo | das411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got the same offer, took it, then got a second offer for 15 packs and 1500 DIL for $25 which i am absolutely NOT going to do...but who else would welcome a little offer value creep to go along with the constant character power creep?