Home The Bridge

Did I just read that offer right?

Comments

• ByloBand wrote: »
    Kind of surprised nobody has given me grief for my currency levels.

.... aaaand that's why galaxy events are so impossible. :(
  • ProontProont ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now THIS is what I call a special offer!
    eo1mJtW.png

I used to get the 15 for $25 pack every time it popped up for me, so I grabbed this right away for $10.

I got three Legendary Beholds:

JYYPar1.png

CiWmHi5.png

hW6LYdi.png

I decided to try my luck on the event pack with the dil from this offer, and I got this right off the bat:

fsR7KbF.png

Now I've got all the Ben Siskos
    1sz932D.png

Now I've got enough honor to immortalize Data V
    DcT2gMJ.png

Which unlocked this in collections
    n0SoixD.png

(That 10 pull gave me crap... oh well. Can't be lucky forever)

Pretty nice result, all and all!

If you don't mind me asking, besides Solar Sails Sisko, who did you pick in your beholds?
  • Katla wrote: »
    It's not a bad deal. Just wish I'd gotten more than 4 usable super rare stars from it. Not even one legendary pop-up. Ah well. Such is luck.

Unfortunately, I think your result is far more common, but all of the people excitedly posting their good results makes it feel like "everyone" else is getting good pulls while some of us don't. Hope you do better on your next pack or five.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    ByloBand wrote: »

15k chrons is oddly kind of “meh” when it comes to savings for Galaxy events these days. I’ll throw out there that you could convert a tidy sum of honor from your credit and merit stashes by way of basic 10-packs and merit packs, respectively. For the last few weeks I have been spending credits down to a reserve of five million on a daily basis and will spend merits down to 5,000 if I see I have over 10,000. Although the return rates for honor are fairly low, what else are you going to spend merits and credits on?
  • Against better judgement, I bit on this offer. Some all immortal beholds, but also 2 begolds.
    i19eare7bzit.png
    I sinned against my earlier statement, but I couldn't pass up on Saru. Chang is such a bland card (shame for such an interesting character).
    qpojxw7q3njo.png
    Here I chose Mirror Bev. Tough choice over Sisko.

Also gained the following crew:
    • 3rd and 4th star on Soran
    • 4th star on Vic in a behold over 4th star on Anbo-Riker, only to get another behold with Vic again. Oh well.
    • 3rd star on Armed Georgiou
    • gained a level on the Sarcophagus ship

Most anticipated character not in the game: Mr. Homn
  • SteveJ301SteveJ301 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Pretty happy with the collection of Purples and Golds I've kept from my pulls:

- 4th* for RAF Bashir
    - 4th* for Profitable Ishka
    - 4th* for Commander Ellen Landry
    - 2nd* for Durango Troi
    - 1st* for Admiral Kirk
    - 1st* for Annorax
    - 1st and 2nd*s for Icheb
    - 1st* for Gabriel Bell
    - 1st* for Dr Crusher
    - 1st* for Warship Chakotay
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was gonna save my Itunes credit for other games but it is a pretty good deal.

Unfortunately, I had a mostly poor showing. Only two beholds overall and only one of those was a 5*. Got my 5th Kortar which I took over COF Picard and Drunk Troi. No needed 4*'s. Got plenty of 5* Schematics but not enough to push anything up to 8/10 or better.

I don't mind the result too much given the quality of the deal but I think its time DB stops with the single 4* drop in packs. There's too many crew in the game and we need beholds to give us at least a little bit of choice.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Jumped all over this, bringing my unclaimed 10x Premium packs to 49!

gh6kcjj8ayjp.png

I will give you grief. Why is your honor so low😉🙂
    The honor begold offer?

How about some B)?
    I have more credits than you, you can't buy a 5* citation, and 14k chrons is only enough to win 1 galaxy event. Other than merits, there's not much to write home about here.
  • Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭

I honestly hadn't noticed. I was too busy gawking over your premium pulls just sitting there.
  • FetaroFetaro ✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    I would use all that merit in the merit packs. Big chance to have a begold
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

I honestly hadn't noticed. I was too busy gawking over your premium pulls just sitting there.

I'm sitting at 20m credits right now. I may spend down a bunch over the holiday with all my other pulls now.
  • Opened 11 packs so far. One begold though. As much as I love Mirror Spock, this was a no-brainer to add a second star to Odo

yqwsuzfh7s0w.png
  • Katla wrote: »
    It's not a bad deal. Just wish I'd gotten more than 4 usable super rare stars from it. Not even one legendary pop-up. Ah well. Such is luck.

Unfortunately, I think your result is far more common, but all of the people excitedly posting their good results makes it feel like "everyone" else is getting good pulls while some of us don't. Hope you do better on your next pack or five.

This. On the last three 10x10 packs (prior to today) I had zero Begolds in first two and one in the third. So far in the 15 pack today I have one (in 5 packs opened so far so my luck is improving).

Grief for credits? Never! Grief for all those unspent merits, absolutely! What is your level and how long have you been playing?
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like others, I did a double-take. Closed the app. Re-opened and re-read. Yup - still looks great. Bought it - Happy New Year (hopefully).

Then up pops the standard 10x10 deal. Normally a reasonable enough looking offer, but right on the heels of this one? Pales in comparison.
  • Proont wrote: »
    eo1mJtW.png

I used to get the 15 for $25 pack every time it popped up for me, so I grabbed this right away for $10.

JYYPar1.png

CiWmHi5.png

hW6LYdi.png

I decided to try my luck on the event pack with the dil from this offer, and I got this right off the bat:

fsR7KbF.png

1sz932D.png

DcT2gMJ.png

n0SoixD.png

If you don't mind me asking, besides Solar Sails Sisko, who did you pick in your beholds?

Sure, I went for the stars on Geordi and Tilly. Along with Immortalizing Data V, I'm really beefing up my ENG today.
  • edited December 2018
    I just realized the other day that I had the Enterprise D maxed out, and have Lefler and 2 star Riker immortalized as well. I just got a 3 Star Wesley and am trying to max him out so I can finally get the K’tarian headset, and all I need are two more stars on him. So of course in 15 rare packs, I don’t get even one more Wesley. 😂😂😂
  • [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meh, 15 pulls got me a 3rd star on Captain Sisko, 3rd star on Gabriel Bell and a few useful schematics. Everything else out the airlock.

gh6kcjj8ayjp.png

Wow. When you finally open those, take some screenshots and make a thread here so we can see what you get.
  • [ISA] Big McLargeHuge[ISA] Big McLargeHuge ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    Only one begold, but it was a good one.

dk3tlk4z6auv.png

Several useful stars on purples as well (including 4th stars for Hippocrates Noah, Duchamps, and Mirror Vic Fontaine), and enough honor for this:

b8w7q4kypxrf.png
  • ProontProont ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I picked this offer up. I think I'm gonna wait until the next event starts before I open the packs. I want to see if DB do a slot sale around New Years Day and to make sure I have room in my crew for the event crew.
    Proont wrote: »
    eo1mJtW.png

JYYPar1.png

CiWmHi5.png

hW6LYdi.png

fsR7KbF.png

1sz932D.png

DcT2gMJ.png

n0SoixD.png

Sure, I went for the stars on Geordi and Tilly. Along with Immortalizing Data V, I'm really beefing up my ENG today.

Nice.
  • KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is very tempting, it will be my first time spending money outside of the monthly card, if I decide to buy.

I'm kind of on the fence, because part of the fun is trying to get around the limitations in the game, and paying takes part of that away. But this doesn't seem that much "fun breaking", so I might make an exception :smile:
  • [QH] Oxmyx[QH] Oxmyx ✭✭✭✭
    This was a good value so I bought it. Mostly honor but I did get four stars on four of my purples, two were beholds. I got three other beholds all FF. I got one begold which had Garek in the tux which gave me a full house for the our man bashir collection. I also got an upgrade on the five star Reliant. Once I finished the same offer for $25 popped up which claims a 400% value, sorry scooter that pig won’t fly anymore. Lower prices mean more sales, more free slots mean more sales, more Honor for airlocked crew means more slots and yup more sales. Keep these good values coming and the game will survive much longer.
    Fleet= Quarks Holosuite
  • Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    [QH] Oxmyx wrote: »
    Once I finished the same offer for $25 popped up which claims a 400% value, sorry scooter that pig won’t fly anymore.

With that kind of logic, what exactly can you buy. I mean if my favorite cereal goes on sale for a week once every six months, does this mean I can only buy it that one week it is on sale.

And as a note to DB, if the response of your customers to a sale 1-2 times a year at the holidays is to never buy the item again at normal price, maybe you shouldn’t put it on sale.

• DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paladin 27 wrote: »
    [QH] Oxmyx wrote: »
    Once I finished the same offer for $25 popped up which claims a 400% value, sorry scooter that pig won’t fly anymore.

With that kind of logic, what exactly can you buy. I mean if my favorite cereal goes on sale for a week once every six months, does this mean I can only buy it that one week it is on sale.

And as a note to DB, if the response of your customers to a sale 1-2 times a year at the holidays is to never buy the item again at normal price, maybe you shouldn’t put it on sale.

The difference for many of us is that this is not our favorite type of cereal. It is a rare splurge. I would never get most of these "deals" but this one is exceptional and so many who do not regularly spend will get it.
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭

gh6kcjj8ayjp.png

Wow. When you finally open those, take some screenshots and make a thread here so we can see what you get.

Great idea, consider it done! Maybe @Galdran and I can coordinate to make it truly epic!

Grief for credits? Never! Grief for all those unspent merits, absolutely! What is your level and how long have you been playing?

Yes, it was mostly the merits I figured people would be like "WHY?" about, lol. All I can say is I am a seemingly impossible combination of patience and impulsivity, and I've discovered that if I'm not hoarding merits I will just spend them ALL, and I've found I like having a large merits cushion. I admit it doesn't make a lot of sense, but I'm doing OK and it works for me, that's all I can say :) As for how long I've been playing, that is a great question! I would guess between 8-10 months.