Home Past Anomalies
Options

[Solved]Repeat Daily Rewards?

DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2019 in Past Anomalies
Didn't we already have the monthly with Saavik and Stamets?

Comments

• Options
    Repeat 3* is not unheard of since the pool to pull from is so small, repeat 4*, however, certainly should not be the case.
  • Options
    I thought the same thing... Staments twice?! I mean, I do really like the character but at least give him another version 😂
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps the DB powers that be had a few too many early new year's beverages?
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    This happens almost every time. The one from a year ago appears, then someone wises up and corrects it. It should change tomorrow.
  • Options
    I thought the same thing. They already went through Stamets 4 times.
  • Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Yes, he was the 4* January-April of 2018.

At first I thought they were running the Jan 2018 rewards by mistake, but the 3 star was Talos Spock last January according to the wiki.

https://stt.wiki/wiki/Daily_Rewards
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭

At first I thought they were running the Jan 2018 rewards by mistake, but the 3 star was Talos Spock last January according to the wiki.

They are rerunning January, 2018. The Wiki is incorrect:

December 2017 - Deanna Troi, not Commander Scott
    January 2018 - Lieutenant Saavik, not Talos IV Spock
    February 2018 - Talos IV Spock, not Lieutenant Saavik
    April 2018 - Florist Q, not Talos IV Spock

I'd update it, but I got dizzy looking at the existing code.
  • Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭

They are rerunning January, 2018. The Wiki is incorrect:

Good to know. I'm assuming it's a screw up since they've screwed up in exactly the same way before.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    yuk didnt we get stamets like 2 or 3 months ago over 200 super rare to choose from and the same in less then 6 month window pretty lame imo. with the discovery mega thats 3x stamets in 1 year. they should really have a flag on super rares if it is used in an event or give-away dont use it for at least a year in other events or give-aways seems like there is more then plenty very old and new crew to choose from
  • Options
    dext74dext74 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Surely it's been selected as a discovery character with the strong likelihood of giving an advantage in what I can assume will be a tie-in mega in February. But there are other discovery 4*s that havent been used as a reward.

But this is why I argue the Daily Reward should be a new and exclusive 4*. Benefits all players because it's a free card, but doesn't negatively impact when it's a rerun of a card many have. (Exclusive through those 4 months, then portal.)
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    dext74 wrote: »
    Surely it's been selected as a discovery character with the strong likelihood of giving an advantage in what I can assume will be a tie-in mega in February. But there are other discovery 4*s that havent been used as a reward.

But this is why I argue the Daily Reward should be a new and exclusive 4*. Benefits all players because it's a free card, but doesn't negatively impact when it's a rerun of a card many have. (Exclusive through those 4 months, then portal.)

Indeed. I also think it would be nice if said exclusive 4* were the event crew (or at least a bonus crew) for the event that runs immediately during or after the final star is handed out. That way, if the skills aren’t that great they can be used at least once and then tossed into the freezer.
  • Options
    <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭

Indeed. I also think it would be nice if said exclusive 4* were the event crew (or at least a bonus crew) for the event that runs immediately during or after the final star is handed out. That way, if the skills aren’t that great they can be used at least once and then tossed into the freezer.

They did that with Dominion Dukat. Everyone was upset. It was actually kind of funny. VIP0 named a squad "The Department of Redundancies Department" if I recall correctly.

Because then you can't earn a new crew, you earned the crew you've been airlocking for the last 4 months...
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats! We've just seen the first DB-up of 2019!

Though, to be honest, I was hoping it'd take them longer than 5 seconds or so.

It's a bug that they've had for a while but haven't bothered to fix, probably because they can change it long before it becomes an actual problem. I would hardly consider it a "DB up."
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

They did that with Dominion Dukat. Everyone was upset. It was actually kind of funny. VIP0 named a squad "The Department of Redundancies Department" if I recall correctly.

Because then you can't earn a new crew, you earned the crew you've been airlocking for the last 4 months...

Now that you mention it, I do recall a number of people that took issue with that (and that my respect for those who are proud of their VIP0 status went down as a result). The root problem there was that DB didn’t announce that Dukat was going to be a bonus before the first one dropped months previously. It needs to be a consistent feature or at least mentioned before anyone has a chance to send anyone on a long, icy trip.
  • Options
    AmphistaffAmphistaff ✭✭✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »

It's a bug that they've had for a while but haven't bothered to fix, probably because they can change it long before it becomes an actual problem. I would hardly consider it a "DB up."

Then why DON'T they fix it so they don't have to manually change it every time? We go through this so many times, it's ridiculous. It's fine for some issues to happen once but after that is unacceptable.
  • Options
    mejoyhmejoyh ✭✭✭✭
    Annoying on 2 levels...

1) they actually meant to do a duplicate 4*... i mean... why... there are over 200 other cards to choose from. they dont even need to do a good 4* card just an old under powered card would be fine.

2) they actually forgot to change it form Jan 2018... i mean... how do you run a business like that? What happened to quality control?
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    mejoyh wrote: »
    Annoying on 2 levels...

1) they actually meant to do a duplicate 4*... i mean... why... there are over 200 other cards to choose from. they dont even need to do a good 4* card just an old under powered card would be fine.

2) they actually forgot to change it form Jan 2018... i mean... how do you run a business like that? What happened to quality control?

I think we know which answer it is. Their nearly 3 year track record proves it. Which is why QA was the number 1 issue I listed on their survey that prevents me from recommending this game to anyone.
  • Options
    mejoyh wrote: »
    What happened to quality control?

You can't lose something you never had.
  • Options
    Amphistaff wrote: »
    robownage wrote: »

Then why DON'T they fix it so they don't have to manually change it every time? We go through this so many times, it's ridiculous. It's fine for some issues to happen once but after that is unacceptable.

Well, to be fair, it is a one-time-a-year problem. I dont think that really qualifies as "so many times." And if they actually decide to spend some time on bug fixes, there are far more frequently occurring/annoying ones I'd rather they targeted.
  • Options
    mejoyhmejoyh ✭✭✭✭
    Switch it to Smuggler Cassidy or Marshall of France Q and I'm good.

lol, my list would be Dahar Master Kor, Klingon Neelix, Smuggler Kasidy, Commander Nevesa and Gorn Captain. Anyone of those would be awesome :p
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    He was the purple reward for January 2018 FF is this another copy and paste error, will there be a different purple reward instead of Stamets?
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    PenguinJimPenguinJim ✭✭✭✭✭
    Switch it to Smuggler Cassidy or Marshall of France Q and I'm good.

Preferably Kasidy, as Marshal of France Q was added to the Portal the other week and I have him at 2/4 already!
  • Options
    I really hope so.
  • Options
    Same procedure than last year?
    Same procedure than every year.......(call it "dinner for DB"😂)
  • Options
    muwoomuwoo ✭✭✭
    And I just airlocked one of him. Doh!
  • Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meh, the free SR card usually gets airlocked anyway so makes little difference to me. They may as well just give me the honour.

Jim
    DB: Do Better