Home The Bridge

Who would you like to see as a recurring character in the next mega-event?

Comments

• guest_questguest_quest ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Pike or Tilly.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Section 31 Phillipa
    Spock, always Spock.

Never, Ever, Tilly.

If history is and indication, it'll prolly be the drug dealer that got Tilly high ^_^

That actor has been a character in FOUR Star Trek franchises. How many have you been in?

rl55kvft6rsu.jpg
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Section 31 Phillipa
    star-trek-discovery-philippa-georgiou-michael-depepi.com_.gif?resize=540%2C225
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Emperor Borg Drone (SC)Emperor Borg Drone (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Section 31 Phillipa
    Or Chief Engineer Denise Reno.

If history is and indication, it'll prolly be the drug dealer that got Tilly high ^_^

I'd like both of them and they both seem like plausible choices.
    I voted Pike, but I would prefer the recurring 5* be Mirror Lorca, fresh out of the agony booth.

That would be great too, but I don't think they will give us a free version of Lorca. Or Georgiou, for that matter.

I still think that a new version of L'Rell would be great too.

dsc-s2lrellpreview.jpg

• Number One
    A little off the wall but how about someone like Mudd Android #31
    1lo2rgdly082.jpg

or even more apt for an interesting story line, Future Discovery A.I. Computer Hologram:
    dl8swdmndlw6.jpg
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • kapukapu ✭✭✭
    Captian Pike
    So when is season 2 actually airing?
    Captain Lvl 99; Vip0; 552 Unique Immortals; Fleet: Omega Molecules; Base Lvl 134 (MAX); Playing Since March 2016.
    Section 31 Phillipa
    kapu wrote: »
    So when is season 2 actually airing?

Starts this month.
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Captian Pike
    yeah, I voted Pike but woulda voted Number One if I hadn't jumped the gun BUT both are for "The Cage," not Discovery. I like Discovery okay but, you know, "The Cage" is the landmark that gave us all this.
    Section 31 Phillipa
    S31 wrote: »
    That actor is a living legend...

And actually 4 Franchise

Star Trek TOS-The Corbomite Maneuver
    Star Trek DS9
    Star Trek Enterprise-Acquisition
    Discovery-Will You Take My Hand?

Never caught him on DS9. Who was he?

Grady

He's the guy that stole Jadzia's combadge in Past Tense part 2.

Watched it again last night. Very good episode with a strong message. Only problem is one that Phil Farrand pointed out in his "NitPicker's Guide for Deep Space Nine Trekkers". It is set in 2024, and has repercussions that supposedly resonated for hundreds of years and directly affected the formation of the Federation. However, some time between 2024 and 2063, there was a rather intense global thermonuclear war. Social change is great. But a lot of social change will get undone by nine megatonne airbursts over your major population centers. Th advances caused in society by the Bell Riots would have been undone by the war. Clearly, tensions are still high at the time of First Contact on 5 April 2063. The survivors in the camp think it is possibly an attack by "The Eastern Coalition" when things start. It is highly unlikely that any social and moral consciousness changes caused by the Bell Riots would have had time to return. The big deal that led to the Federation happened in early April 2063, and had nothing to do with Gabriel Bell or the Bell Riots.
  • S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Captian Pike
    Well if Zeframe Cochrane ends in one of those facilities for some reasons then there is no warp engine, no First Contact etc.
  • Well, I don’t want any Discovery characters, so it’s got to be Number One or Pike. There’s already a Pike in game, so I think it should be Number One.
  • Bluebeard1Bluebeard1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not going to tick a box because I don't want ANY characters from Discovery whatsoever. Sure if Pike or Number 1 were TOS variants, then yes please, but we know they would be Disco variants.

My vote therefore is "none of the above". So I'm going out of left field and saying that I'd like to see Q Riker from "Hide and Q".

Side note, I noticed that Spock has a beard in discovery, does that mean he's evil?
    Section 31 Phillipa
    Spocky wrote: »
    Well, I don’t want any Discovery characters, so it’s got to be Number One or Pike. There’s already a Pike in game, so I think it should be Number One.

Not sure if you want us to tell you........
  • ProontProont ✭✭✭✭✭
    Red Angel
    Well, I don’t want any Discovery characters, so it’s got to be Number One or Pike. There’s already a Pike in game, so I think it should be Number One.

The Number One would almost certainly be the version portrayed in Discovery Season 2.
    Section 31 Phillipa
    Proont wrote: »

The Number One would almost certainly be the version portrayed in Discovery Season 2.

As Pike would most likely be Anson Mount.
  • Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tilly
    Tilly. A nice set of vital statistics, Science, Diplomacy and a bit of Engineering. I really like certain aspects of the characters portrayal, traits I have in common with her.

Spock would be good, but he is too central to the series, and was a main character in TOS, the films, and a minor part in TNG

Number One is problematic, I want the original before the current, and we don't know where the story is going, so we don't know her skills.

Pike is nice, but boring for a reoccurring. His stats would be Command and Security, possibly with a bit of diplomacy.
    Section 31 Phillipa
    Tilly. A nice set of vital statistics, Science, Diplomacy and a bit of Engineering. I really like certain aspects of the characters portrayal, traits I have in common with her.

Spock would be good, but he is too central to the series, and was a main character in TOS, the films, and a minor part in TNG

Number One is problematic, I want the original before the current, and we don't know where the story is going, so we don't know her skills.

Pike is nice, but boring for a reoccurring. His stats would be Command and Security, possibly with a bit of diplomacy.

Tilly is so much what Starfleet ideals are all about. It's like they grew her in a dish, to be a poster child.
  • It isn't designated which Number One. Would prefer a non-DSC crew, maybe Captain Jonathan Archer or perhaps Katra Archer :)
    Section 31 Phillipa
    It isn't designated which Number One. Would prefer a non-DSC crew, maybe Captain Jonathan Archer or perhaps Katra Archer :)

I think it is the consensus opinion that the next Mega will tie into Disco Season Two. So, the Number One would be Rebecca Romijn-Lettuce and Pike would be Anson Mount, if it IS a Disco tie-in.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Tilly
    If no Tilly than DB should do Porthos.
    nx3cakg41xq7.jpg
    Let’s fly!
  • S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Captian Pike
    Let me remind you of something.

October mega event Discovery and Klingons - that was the main plot at the beginning of the show

Then Discovery ends in the Mirror Universe.

December mega event - mirror universe

Then in February a weird Discovery-Andorian mega event. Then Andorians started to show in Discovery.

So all three mega events had some connections to the storyline of Discovery, probably a part of the contract with CBS.

They could shoehorn this into their mega-events - TOS (at least people like Ghart of Izar, Commodore Decker, young Scotty, Richard Daystrom)
    Enterprise - Archer sent by Daniels, Harris, T'Pol, Soval, Lorien, V'Las, T'Pau
  • S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Captian Pike
    btw. I don't know how Rebecca will portray Number One, but from trailers, Anson Mount looks like a really good Pike.
  • Bluebeard1Bluebeard1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems she may be playing a transsexual version.... At least if this is what it seems to be.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8201650/?ref_=ttep_ep4
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eww, I dislike all those options
  • S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Captian Pike
    Bluebeard1 wrote: »
    It seems she may be playing a transsexual version.... At least if this is what it seems to be.

Writers are out of their mind if they will retcon Number One into transsexual.
  • Section 31 Phillipa
    S31 wrote: »
    Bluebeard1 wrote: »

Writers are out of their mind if they will retcon Number One into transsexual.

It looks like the episode descriptions on imdb can be added by anyone, so I really don't think that one is official. Also, the image seems to be a random one from the promo pics and nowhere in the description does it mention Number One.

That being said, I would have absolutely no problem with a transsexual captain. But given that so far, over several decades, we've seen exactly two gay characters and very few bisexuals (all of which were evil), it will probably take another decade before we see any trans people on Star Trek.