Home Ready Room
Options

Do Not Airlock Checklist Thread 3: Press Ctrl-F, type Spock

Comments

• Options
    dext74 wrote: »
    @Leshy - sheet question. I just created an Evolved Janeway. I do not have Mutated Paris immortalized, but the sheet still is saying "Need - can be used to create Evolved Janeway" even though I already have one.

I think your Evolved Janyway is not marked as FF ..
    The requirement should go away then...
  • Options
    dext74dext74 ✭✭✭✭✭
    JiveDutch wrote: »
    I think your Evolved Janyway is not marked as FF ..
    The requirement should go away then...

Makes total sense, thanks!
  • Options
    Yes until you immortalized the lizard you might still want to collect coffee janeway and mutated paris - after all they are cheaper than a legendary cite.
  • Options
    I've been trying to sync up the crew export from DataCore with the 'Do Not Airlock' sheet. I've noticed a few diffs in the "Variant/Short name" columns, listed in the attached file.

There are also two Names that don't exactly match; Dark Ages McCoy (quotes missing in DNA) and the newly renamed Pining Vina.

And finally, 13 names appear in the DataCore crew.csv export that are missing from the DNA sheet:
    • Desert Archer
    • Dress Uniform Bashir
    • Flotter
    • Betrothed Kamala
    • Kamala
    • Cadet First Class Locarno
    • Safecracker Nog
    • Transporter Chief Rand
    • Little John Riker
    • Priestess Siranna
    • Trevis
    • Dark Empath Troi
    • Torchbearer Tyler

It would be nice to maybe add a column to the DNA sheet that matches the DataCore Short name to make things a bit easier to match up. I think this would more closely equal the sorting the actual game uses as well.

This sheet is a great resource; many thanks to the developers!
  • Options
    klobetime wrote: »
    I've been trying to sync up the crew export from DataCore with the 'Do Not Airlock' sheet. I've noticed a few diffs in the "Variant/Short name" columns, listed in the attached file.

There are also two Names that don't exactly match; Dark Ages McCoy (quotes missing in DNA) and the newly renamed Pining Vina.

And finally, 13 names appear in the DataCore crew.csv export that are missing from the DNA sheet:
    • Desert Archer
    • Dress Uniform Bashir
    • Flotter
    • Betrothed Kamala
    • Kamala
    • Cadet First Class Locarno
    • Safecracker Nog
    • Transporter Chief Rand
    • Little John Riker
    • Priestess Siranna
    • Trevis
    • Dark Empath Troi
    • Torchbearer Tyler

It would be nice to maybe add a column to the DNA sheet that matches the DataCore Short name to make things a bit easier to match up. I think this would more closely equal the sorting the actual game uses as well.

This sheet is a great resource; many thanks to the developers!

I wasn't aware that there were this many differences, but some of them are needed.
    For example, DB has short names for Amanda Grayson (spock's mother) as "Amanda" and Amanda Rogers (the girl whose parents were Q) as "Amanda". The differences in the DNA list for these are needed to separate the two crew. DB will need to fix this eventually.
  • Options
    MururoaMururoa ✭✭✭
    edited November 2019
    klobetime wrote: »

That's because the DNA list is not updated since more that one month (see the date 23/10) and these are mainly new crew introduced by DB.
  • Options
    I wondered if something is wrong with @Leshy but he has logged in end of november so he is probably just busy (I hope).
  • Options
    Leshy wrote: »
    Hi everyone. Not dead, just very busy with real life indeed.
    Things are quieting down a little bit now, so I should be able to have an update ready in the coming week or so!

Great :) Just take your time, you know best that crew piles up faster than you can upgrade the sheet ;)
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭

No prob leshy. we'll take it whenever you have time. Its a crazy time of year and we appreciate what you do for us.
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    x
  • Options
    AdmiralMemoAdmiralMemo ✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    The next event's bonus crew will be difficult to put into the sheet:
    Shan wrote: »
    Commander Chapel
    Doctor Chapel
    Ensign Chapel
    First Officer Chekov
    Claiborne Chekov
    Dancing Chekov
    Ensign Chekov
    Lieutenant Chekov
    Commander Chekov
    Admiral Kirk
    Kal-if-fee Kirk
    Evil Kirk
    Gangster Kirk
    Nexus Kirk
    Command Wrap Kirk
    Incognito Kirk
    Mirror Kirk
    Platonian Kirk
    Roman Captive Kirk
    Romulan Kirk
    Rura Penthe Kirk
    Survivalist Kirk
    Captain Kirk
    Wrathful Kirk
    CMO 'Bones' McCoy
    Drafted McCoy
    Dr. Leonard McCoy
    Gladiator McCoy
    Katra McCoy
    Prisoner 'Bones' McCoy
    "Dark Ages" McCoy'
    Transporter Chief Rand
    Yeoman Rand
    Commander Scott
    Dress Uniform Scotty
    Lt. Commander Scott
    Captain Scott
    Professor Scott
    Tribble Herder Scotty
    Ambassador Spock
    Mountaineer Spock
    Captain Spock
    Commander Spock
    Kal-if-fee Spock
    Gangster Spock
    Gladiator Spock
    Laborer Spock
    Kolinahr Spock
    Mirror Spock
    Talos IV Spock
    Recovering Spock
    Astrosciences Sulu
    Captain Sulu
    Fencing Sulu
    Lt. Sulu
    Mirror Sulu
    Undercover Sulu
    Gunslinger Uhura
    Dancing Uhura
    Lt. Commander Uhura
    Mirror Uhura
    Comm Officer Uhura
    Nyota Uhura
    Commander Uhura
    Also, I made a few discoveries when I first put "The Original Series" in the Events box to see if that would help. (It didn't.) It looks like a bunch of crew are miscategorized as being "The Original Series" when they aren't.

Stranded Odo should definitely be under Deep Space Nine.
    Ambassador Spock and Captain Scott should be under The Next Generation.
    Science Officer Spock should be under Discovery.
    Admiral Kirk, Amanda Grayson, Captain Klaa, Captain Spock, Captain Sulu, Chancellor Gorkon, Colonel Worf, Commander Barak, Commander Chapel, Commander Chekov, Commander Uhura, Dark Ages McCoy, Demora Sulu, Doctor Chapel, Dr. David Marcus, Dr. Gillian Taylor, Drafted McCoy, First Officer Chekov, Ilia Probe, Joachim, Katra McCoy, Kolinahr Spock, Lieutenant Chekov, Lieutenant Valeris, Martia, Mountaineer Spock, Nexus Kirk, Nyota Uhura, Professor Scott, Recovering Spock, Rura Penthe Commandant, Rura Penthe Kirk, Sybok, UFP President Ra-ghoratreii, Undercover Sulu, and Wrathful Khan should all be under Movies.

Trader Odo is a tricky one. I can see either TOS and DS9 on him.
  • Options
    Luckily for next skirmish it doesn't matter - you have Seeking Spock put him in a slot, or Commander Keras. Both give full bonus.

If you don't have either use
    • medium bonus: variants of Chapel, and crew listed below

for medium bonus until you get Garth who will give full bonus in a crew slot.

For the shuttle event after that it might be difficult though, traits just do not help here anymore I think
  • Options
    I was actually inputting the next event crew and realised the same that event crew won't be covered. However I think this has only come up twice before, usually the four rows are enough. However I was wondering how complex it would be to expand the Event settings selection to include column G. It would double the possible spaces that could be used however in doing that I'm not sure how much extra load would be put on the calculations
    ----
    The Guardians of Tomorrow
    Protecting the Galaxy's Future from itself
  • Options
    Negh_var wrote: »
    I was actually inputting the next event crew and realised the same that event crew won't be covered. However I think this has only come up twice before, usually the four rows are enough. However I was wondering how complex it would be to expand the Event settings selection to include column G. It would double the possible spaces that could be used however in doing that I'm not sure how much extra load would be put on the calculations

I was pondering this. I'd done it by selecting TOS as a series, though of course that's inaccurate because it's only bridge crew and not your Ruks and M-113s and such.

(I figured, with my limited spreadsheet expertise, that it's probably easier to make a temporary new set and make that selectable under series; "TOS Bridge Crew" or something.)

I'm sure Leshy and company have plans in mind. I've been checking this thread daily just in case a new version drops!
  • Options
    Incidentally, the long-expected new version with the latest crew is now available!
    Seems you made quite the mess while fixing names. Some crew got wrong "Version" value: e.g. Lt. Comm. Airiam or Jack Crusher are Version in a new sheet 1.0.
  • Options
    LeshyLeshy ✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    tomaszg wrote: »
    Incidentally, the long-expected new version with the latest crew is now available!
    Seems you made quite the mess while fixing names. Some crew got wrong "Version" value: e.g. Lt. Comm. Airiam or Jack Crusher are Version in a new sheet 1.0.

Ah, yes, the version numbers for the "Lt." crew were not properly rearranged along with the crew names. Fixed now, thanks for spotting!
  • Options
    My spreadsheet skills aren't quite up to snuff. I can't seem to figure out how to make the name changes prior to the copy over of data from my old sheet. Can someone please explain the steps to prep the old sheet to prep for the new sort order in the new sheet?
  • Options
    /SSR/ Tichy/SSR/ Tichy ✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    Look down at the menu bars for the sheets and select the (hidden) Stats sheet.
    On the crew sheet you can see on which line you can find the name, just change the name in the stats sheet. You only have to rename DA McCoy and Vina, the Lt. changes do not change the alphabetical order.
  • Options
    LeshyLeshy ✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    the Lt. changes do not change the alphabetical order.
    Be careful here: they do.

Some crew were previously "Lt", while some were "Lt.", which caused them to be sorted separately. Now that they are all "Lt.", they are sorted as one group.

Given that I had to change Vina to Pining Vina in this version already, I took the opportunity to change the other non-matching names. Hopefully it should just be the inconvenience this once.
  • Options
    SpukkZSpukkZ ✭✭✭
    edited December 2019

Amazing work as always Leshy!

Just 2 small remarks regarding collections:
    - null and void since today's server update
    - The Sherwood Forest collection has reward tiers up until 9 immortalized crew, but the sheet lists it as 3/7 complete for me right now. SImilarly, Play Ball had a reward tier added for 6 immortalized crew, my sheet shows it as 2/5.
  • Options
    philsf wrote: »
    Can someone please explain the rationale of the new feature where best voyagers are ranked by (rarity AND skill) instead of (skill)?
    There are two separate voyage rankings in the sheet at the moment:
    * One indicates the best crew at each rarity for each skill combination (when fully fused). This can help determine which crew to pursue for Voyages when you do not yet have them. These are the Best 5* Voyagers: DIP/ENG-style recommendations.
    * The other indicates the best crew that you actually have on your roster for each Voyage combination. These are the Voyage Crew: DIP/ENG-style recommendations. These are essentially the ones that you are describing and looking for.

You are right that both are currently linked to the same Rarity setting and that you cannot set them separately. That is something I can look at in a future version.

Thanks for your answer, Leshy. Follow-up question: consider the case where a user has no 5* crew, so he's interested in selecting and building up the best 4* he/she can get for voyages. AIUI the first option above would be intended for this use case, right?

Then, the sheet already offers Voyage upgrade and Voyage crew recommendations. What exactly does the Best 4* voyagers recommendation give this user, that the other recommendations don't? That is what I'm not seeing. In addition, depending on the quantity and quality of its 4* roster, it wouldn't be wise to disable the 3* calculations.

In summary, I think only showing the best available (personalized) recommendation is sufficient for all users, without the need to compute what are the best 3*/4*/5* crew they might have. Is this a correct interpretation?

Plus: If these calculations are indeed redundant, wouldn't the sheet update a little faster without this code?
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    LeshyLeshy ✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    philsf wrote: »
    Then, the sheet already offers Voyage upgrade and Voyage crew recommendations. What exactly does the Best 4* voyagers recommendation give this user, that the other recommendations don't?
    It tells you which 4* crew are the best ones in the game for a specific voyage combination. The other recommendations do not:
    • Voyage crew only shows on your active crew and tells you which of those are the best ones for each voyage combination ("Do not airlock this crew, as they are one of your best CMD/SCI voyagers").
    • Voyage upgrade only tells you which crew would be an upgrade over your current roster ("This crew member is a better DIP/ENG voyager than your current xth best, so you might want to keep/get them").

The 'Best x* Voyagers' recommendation simply tells you what the best available options are for each voyage combination. They are listed separately for 3, 4, and 5* crew to allow people with developing rosters to see what their best options are for the rarities that are (currently) relevant to them.
  • Options
    Leshy, once again, thank you for all you do. Here's a few comments from the perspective of a spreadsheet dullard:

1. I could not figure out how to copy my old values to the new sheet with the changes to naming. In the future, when there changes to the sheet that don't allow the usual copy/paste, recommend that you add some update instructions like you do for the 2.0 to 3.0 changes.
    2. While I appreciate JiveDutch's instructions, there are parts I simply don't understand what he means by "multi-select" or "multi-select 3x". Recommend as great clarity as possible when describing multi-keystroke actions.

I ended up re-entering all of my crew manually, but I probably needed to do that anyway since I didn't do a good job of keeping a list of immortalized crew added after 3.22.
  • Options
    Multi Select is when you keep Control or Shift key pressed while making a selection.

Control and clicking several cells will select just those cells.
    Shift and clicking 2 cells will select all cells between.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/select-cell-contents-in-excel-23f64223-2b6b-453a-8688-248355f10fa9
    Link to Microsoft instructions coz google doesnt have any ...
  • Options
    Thanks leshy for the new list.
    On my side it becomes VERY slow to compute.
    I mean like more than 10 minutes for a single modification.
    My laptop is not so old or slow 18 month or so and 2.7 GHz i3 CPU.
    How can I improve speed ? Outside buying a new laptop ofc.
  • Options
    Mururoa wrote: »
    How can I improve speed ? Outside buying a new laptop ofc.

It improves if you have the option to deselect the missions and 3* calculations. ( for example )
    I alter the following defaults on the settings screen when i start with a new sheet version
    Cadet , Advanced Cadet and Episode missions.
    Uncheck the 3* crew for base values and set min-crew rarity to 4* on voyage, shuttle and event calculations.

This should relieve a good chunk of calculation work.
  • Options
    Thanks JiveDutch.
    I'll do that but just realized that on my other laptop (work) @ 2.8 GHz the calculation time is in seconds, not minutes so I may have a problem somewhere.
  • Options
    philsfphilsf ✭✭
    edited December 2019
    JiveDutch wrote: »
    Here's what i just did to copy my data from the 3.16 to 3.17 sheet, time take to write this up was longer than the copy work.

FWIW, I needed an additional step in in the old sheet for that operation to work smoothly: I opened the (hidded) Stats tab, and renamed the following crew in the first column, so sorting would work when copying and pasting to the new version. Crew renamed.

1- Dark Ages McCoy -> "Dark Ages" McCoy
    2- Vina -> Pining Vina

I didn't chance the Lt/Lt. crew names, and I'm hoping nothing broke, but haven't checked them all.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/