Home The Bridge

Shout out to the creator of Iampicard

Thank you for all of your hard work. I, at least, appreciated it and am sad you were attacked.
[DCC] bebe
Privileged to be Admiral of the Great Fleet
Dilithium Causes Cancer, maxed Starbase level 134
Featuring photonic flee free holodecks and
All you can drink Neelix's Even Better Than Coffee Substitute!

Comments

• I agree! I used the tool, its sad that it was taken off line yet others are clueless that exploits/cheats exists that do automate the game. Like one player who has 6.1 million points in the current event, and if someone tries telling me not they are full of it.
  • FlayFlay ✭✭✭
    [DCC] bebe wrote: »
    Thank you for all of your hard work. I, at least, appreciated it and am sad you were attacked.

Attacked?! What happened to him?
    [GER - SF] Star Fleet - recruiting active captains with event participation. Our Starbase is level 134 and we use the Line App (optional) for spam, bragging, jokes, motivation and sharing tactics. German language.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flay wrote: »

Apparently people took exception to the fundraiser.
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • From his info he posted:

I’ve been insulted, accused of hacking, doxed and personally threatened.

I got a cold harsh lesson in what the world really is like – from mooches demanding support without the modicum of self-documentation all the way to people full of malintent that blatantly abused my work to cheat or gain unfair advantages in the game.

I agree! I used the tool, its sad that it was taken off line yet others are clueless that exploits/cheats exists that do automate the game. Like one player who has 6.1 million points in the current event, and if someone tries telling me not they are full of it.

Not sure about this Forum, but on a lot of game Forums, it is a TOS violation to accuse someone of cheating without proof.
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Tell that to all the ones who used the IAP tool then, and who attacked the creator. So I say good chance someone is cheating because they have 6.1 million and that's a TOS violation ( not actually per the community guidelines) but others can go and threaten IAP and that's ok?

Don’t be mean! Abuse of other community members, which includes other players as well as Disruptor Beam staff, will not be permitted. This includes any racist, sexist, homophobic, threatening, harassing, or other personally offensive or derogatory comments. We are all human beings and deserve respect, especially online. We find it 100% unacceptable to abuse any member of the community.

I agree! I used the tool, its sad that it was taken off line yet others are clueless that exploits/cheats exists that do automate the game. Like one player who has 6.1 million points in the current event, and if someone tries telling me not they are full of it.

Not sure about this Forum, but on a lot of game Forums, it is a TOS violation to accuse someone of cheating without proof.

• I have seen the toxicity of some people here but I never thought that people took to the extreme and doxxed the guy and threatened him. While doxxing isn't illegal, threatening is. Shame on them and they deserve to share a cell with Bubba.

I agree, shows just how bad the world is becoming where people threaten over a tool/forum post. World is becoming a horrible place.
  • Quit GameQuit Game ✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    From his info he posted:

I got a cold harsh lesson in what the world really is like – from mooches demanding support without the modicum of self-documentation all the way to people full of malintent that abused my work to cheat or gain unfair advantages in the game.

Wait. The developer of the App said it COULD be used to CHEAT?!?!?

If this is true then it is probably a good thing that the tool was purged. but then I have to ask the question why it wasn't purged before?!
    From his info he posted:

I got a cold harsh lesson in what the world really is like – from mooches demanding support without the modicum of self-documentation all the way to people full of malintent that abused my work to cheat or gain unfair advantages in the game.

Wait. The developer of the App said it COULD be used to CHEAT?!?!?

Nice try, his coding was open source and others seem to have modified it to gain an unfair advantage. I know you voted against i. No way was it a cheat than anyone using spreadsheets or making voyage calculators. But not going to waste my time arguing with you as it's obvious where you stand with the tool and you are ok with others threatening members.

I guess I am okay with blatant LIES and LIBEL as well?!?!? Please point out ONE place where I said I was okay with threatening people and bullying? I'll wait, since it's going be a while.............
  • I checked out the online tool, looks cool but i cant find an .apk for installing on my phone, im guessing it's only for pcs?
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    I checked out the online tool, looks cool but i cant find an .apk for installing on my phone, im guessing it's only for pcs?

There was a web interface, however the entire thing has been shut down due to attacks from a vocal few.

Thank you Tekman for creating what was a beautiful tool that made playing so much more pleasant. I'm not sure the game will last much longer on my device without your tool - it made so many elements of the game more palatable and helped me better understand some of the strategies I could use to play the game.
  • I checked out the online tool, looks cool but i cant find an .apk for installing on my phone, im guessing it's only for pcs?

It was an exe file. For mobile, only the website version was available. If you still have the tool installed (I uninstalled it already) then you can use it until tomorrow but after that it will be out of date and the server will not accept the iampicard client (due to the forced update). So without the developer supporting and maintaining the tool, there is absolutely no reason to have the tool installed anymore.
  • I don't understand why he said he received almost entirely negative feedback. Is he not aware of this forum? There has been a LOT of positive feedback and support here since the forum link went down.
  • Cam TaliisCam Taliis ✭✭✭✭
    There is an e-mail address on the website. I just sent him a thank you e-mail, because I used the tool a lot.

Not that it will bring the site back, but on a human level I wanted to give some balance to all the negativity he has apparently received.
  • I most certainly appreciate all the hard work that went into this and that he took the time to make the tool for the betterment of ALL who play the game. Everyone had the opportunity to use the tool.

I used it daily to help set up my voyages and gauntlet runs as well as the crew management side. I don’t do gauntlets to try to win I just farm so it was a great way to run rounds quickly and without having to log in. I can set up my voyages fine on my own, it was just a very helpful tool to make it easier.

To echo what others have said, thank you for all the hard work, I appreciate it as do many others.
  • I agree! I used the tool, its sad that it was taken off line yet others are clueless that exploits/cheats exists that do automate the game. Like one player who has 6.1 million points in the current event, and if someone tries telling me not they are full of it.

Ban the biggest exploit of them all: $

Ban the $ and the game would be finished for all.

If it’s true that people used Iampicard to cheat, that is justification in itself for removing the program.

If the maker was being threatened etc, that is really improper and I hope he gets retribution for that.
This discussion has been closed.