Home The Bridge

Shout out to the creator of Iampicard

13»

Comments

• DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    michlang wrote: »
    Once again, DB takes a game I used to enjoy playing, makes it more mediocre with every update, and then takes away a really helpful tool that helped those of us who can't spend (waste?) tons of money on a game. Meanwhile, whales keep on being whales, cheaters keep cheating through numerous other means, and the rest of us will just sit around falling further and further behind in events.

Even with the hundreds of crew I've immortalized through grinding my way through this game, I find myself falling further and further behind with every update. I can't even break the 350k mark in some events anymore.

Tough to get enough chrons...getting enough honor to get the fourth copy of a super rare is a real pain the a**, and forget about saving up 50k for a fifth legendary. DB can't even be decent enough to offer the potential of receiving five copies of a legendary over the course of a month long event.

I don't mine doing the work to earn it, but now, unless you're willing to waste **tsk tsk** tons of money on this game, there's no real path forward. Honestly, I stick around, at this point, for my fleet, which is an amazing group of fun and honest players. Let's hope that's enough...we know DB doesn't care.

And shame on those pathetic people who threatened the creator of iampicard...so tough behind your keyboards.

DB didn't take away the tool. The developer of the tool did........
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    Riaz wrote: »
    Thank you IAmPicard.

Your tool was a great help to a huge number of people and your work will be missed. Best of luck for your future endeavours.

Seconded.
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    To everyone complained that it somehow gave an unfair advantage, screw you.
    WELL THEN!

• KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for such a wonderful tool, that made possible for me to play while at work (much more discrete than the game screens). I hope the source code will someday be available so it can be used to continue your work, span new tools, abd learn from it, and not let it be of exclusive use of the very people that already have the source, using it to create macros and other questionable tools.

• DB didn't take away the tool. The developer of the tool did........[/quote]

Now that’s just a silly statement — I’m sure DB’s investigation, after saying it was fine to use, had absolutely nothing to do with it...
  • And now I need to learn how to use spreadsheets or something. I'll probably just end up picking voyage crews and cross my fingers. sad day :(
    i am sorry that IAP is going and ditching every thing
    its sad, his app made the game playable for many of us that dont have time to sit on our phone or PC 24 hours a day.
    as i dont have time to play now that IAP has been axed, i will no longer be playing for very long

oh BTW DB and @Shan
    there are a few dozen exploit apps ad tools out there.
    perhaps you should bann all those wile you are at it
    if your going to burn it, burn it all
    add warps
    all forum threads relating to any tools or sheet
    the STT.Wiki site
    Discord Bots
    Timelines Item Farmer
    and any others out there
    make the game purely playable only through your app only

oh yeah, your game app has problems doesnt it. the very reason why so many made alternate apps to begin with
    or are are you just hypocrites?
    go ahead and dog house me for my calling you out
    you will just prove my point.

Ad how many angry people are having trouble understanding one simple thing.....

DB DID NOT "BAN" THE APP!!!!! THE DEVELOPER PULLED IT OVER ATTACKS THAT DB DID NOT DO!!!!!
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • CloneClone ✭✭✭
    Like many people here, I just want to say "thank you" for the months of free use of the amazing gauntlet and voyage interfaces. I'm sorry people on the internet **tsk tsk**.

I hope DisruptorBeam will take to heart the value that your minor interface improvements added to the gauntlet. All I want is a "estimated percent chance to win" and a "tap to skip animations" feature. It took all of the tedium and frustration out of the game's most frustrating feature.
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very sad situation. Threatening was low. I hope karma does its thing here.

Thank you for helping me identify a duplicate crew that one time, iampicard dude.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Sad to see, especially the various threats.

And some of the responses to it being taken down... I've certainly re-evaluated my perception of some posters intelligence and decency downwards.
  • t<G>e  Roonist<G>e Roonis ✭✭✭✭
    So many people are making such strong statements while completely in the dark about what was going on. This thread will be fun to read looking back in a few days.
    So many people are making such strong statements while completely in the dark about what was going on. This thread will be fun to read looking back in a few days.

I find it interesting thatsome of the people most "indignant" about how the developer said he/she was treated, are getting kind of hostile to people they disagree with......
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Closing this thread as it has run its course.
    A reminder for everyone that all are allowed to express their point of view on a matter.
    You do not have to agree with said point of view, but you can at least respect it for what it is.
This discussion has been closed.