Home The Bridge

Shout out to the creator of Iampicard

Comments

• [S14] Bri wrote: »
    If it’s true that people used Iampicard to cheat, that is justification in itself for removing the program.

DB didn't remove IAP, the author did because he was getting harassed, threatened, & worse.
    [DCC] bebe
    Privileged to be Admiral of the Great Fleet
    Dilithium Causes Cancer, maxed Starbase level 134
    Featuring photonic flee free holodecks and
    All you can drink Neelix's Even Better Than Coffee Substitute!
  • Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    [S14] Bri wrote: »

If it’s true that people used Iampicard to cheat, that is justification in itself for removing the program.

There was no way to cheat via the tool that I was aware of

And if there was, would you want people to post it on a forum so others could take advantage, or to tell DB so they could try to evaluate the situation and take steps to solve the problem.
  • If it hasn't already been suggested, perhaps an [IAP] tag I'm game would be in order for all of those mourning?

[SJ] Yorkster [DB:DB] [IAP]
  • Paladin 27 wrote: »
    [S14] Bri wrote: »

There was no way to cheat via the tool that I was aware of

And if there was, would you want people to post it on a forum so others could take advantage, or to tell DB so they could try to evaluate the situation and take steps to solve the problem.

If there was an exploit it would have been widely known.
  • If it hasn't already been suggested, perhaps an [IAP] tag I'm game would be in order for all of those mourning?

Not to steal from a very well-known internet campaign, but suitably germane.... "Je suis Picard!!"
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    Loved using this tool, going to miss it
    The internet is a cold harsh place
  • [ISA] Big McLargeHuge[ISA] Big McLargeHuge ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    If it hasn't already been suggested, perhaps an [IAP] tag I'm game would be in order for all of those mourning?

Not to steal from a very well-known internet campaign, but suitably germane.... "Je suis Picard!!"

"We Are Picard" also occured to me...

Perfect. Done.
  • I have been playing since early 2016 and I only discovered this tool yesterday...I am shocked to hear that the creator has been vocally attacked. In this day and age we should all be more mindful of what we say and how we treat each other.

In this sense, I want to join the other reasonable voices here. Je suis Picard
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it hasn't already been suggested, perhaps an [IAP] tag I'm game would be in order for all of those mourning?

"We Are Picard" also occured to me...

Perfect. Done.

"Tea, Earl Grey, Hot" is clearly what it should be
  • Thank you IAmPicard.

Your tool was a great help to a huge number of people and your work will be missed. Best of luck for your future endeavours.
  • Iampicard will live long in my memory, thanks.
  • In addition to my post in the other thread: @Shan DB is awfully quiet. If something like this happens on the doorsteps of your game, at least make a clear statement. Maybe I missed something, in that case I stand corrected.
  • ChaoticDNA wrote: »
    I'll keep it short:
      Put your paetron back up for a few more days. Perhaps some of us regret not donating.

Live long and prosper.

Yes, do do that.

“Holodeck 2 tomorrow, 1600 hours. Just you, me and a tuning fork”
  • Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, @TekmanRO for your hard work. Unfortunately no good deed goes unpunished.
  • Unfortunately the Github repository has been removed too, which makes it harder to adapt the tool for new client versions (the commit history is gone too). I re-uploaded both his repos at I Am Picard tool and API description and am trying to find out how to upgrade the tool when a new version comes out. This is not my area of expertise (I'm more of a C++ / Java developer) so I'm not sure how long that will take.
  • Once again, DB takes a game I used to enjoy playing, makes it more mediocre with every update, and then takes away a really helpful tool that helped those of us who can't spend (waste?) tons of money on a game. Meanwhile, whales keep on being whales, cheaters keep cheating through numerous other means, and the rest of us will just sit around falling further and further behind in events.

Even with the hundreds of crew I've immortalized through grinding my way through this game, I find myself falling further and further behind with every update. I can't even break the 350k mark in some events anymore.

Tough to get enough chrons...getting enough honor to get the fourth copy of a super rare is a real pain the a**, and forget about saving up 50k for a fifth legendary. DB can't even be decent enough to offer the potential of receiving five copies of a legendary over the course of a month long event.

I don't mine doing the work to earn it, but now, unless you're willing to waste **tsk tsk** tons of money on this game, there's no real path forward. Honestly, I stick around, at this point, for my fleet, which is an amazing group of fun and honest players. Let's hope that's enough...we know DB doesn't care.

And shame on those pathetic people who threatened the creator of iampicard...so tough behind your keyboards.
This discussion has been closed.