Home The Bridge
Options

USELESS Items in Gauntlet and Dabo

I'm constantly getting items I don't need for crew I don't have in Gauntlet and Dabo.

Anyone else?

Add this to the "please fix it" category.

Comments

• Options
    Seriously -- the gauntlet and dabo are a complete waste of time, especially if you've already immortalized all one, two, and three star characters and a large number of super rares -- there's a certain point in this game where, if you're not a whale, it's obvious that DB doesn't really care about your game experience. I can't tell you the number of times, especially on voyages, that I get useless crap that doesn't do anything. Is it really that hard for DB to change their drop scheme so that I don't continue to collect super rares that I already have immortalized, and occasionally help me out, just a bit, with the 15 that are just waiting for one more copy (and are already leveled out).
  • Options
    michlangmichlang ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Yeah, that would make it slightly worth it, although honor drops are often pretty stingy too, especially considering that its 50k for one legendary honorable citation. Given the low return on voyages, it's definitely a frustrating task to save up enough honor...

• Options
    Honor over trainers! Great idea
  • Options
    I'm constantly getting items I don't need for crew I don't have in Gauntlet and Dabo.

Anyone else?

If you don't have any items to equip on crew, you just get random stuff.

I'd also like to add that I finished a gauntlet tonight and FIVE of the SEVEN chests were trainers.

If they ever changed the trainer drops in the gauntlet to honor drops, I would never complain about it again.

Put me in that camp as well, I have over 2k of each trainer, I am all set.
  • Options
    Gauntlet used to be exclusively items you needed for active crew (including personalized items).

Then one day it broke and started giving you personalized items for either crew you had immortalized, or even crew you didn't have at all.

Add it to the list of bugs that have been plaguing the game for months/years that DB ignores.
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    michlang wrote: »
    there's a certain point in this game where, if you're not a whale, it's obvious that DB doesn't really care about your game experience.
    What do you consider a whale? I'm honestly asking because it kind of sounds like you lump everyone who spends into the category of whales, and I want clarification so I can get a better handle on what exactly it is you said.

If they ever changed the trainer drops in the gauntlet to honor drops, I would never complain about it again.
    Even if it was only a small amount, honor is what people want, for sure.

Put me in that camp as well, I have over 2k of each trainer, I am all set.
    I have 20K+ 1*, 2*, and 3* trainers, and over 6K+ of 4* and 5*, and that is with me melting them down by the hundreds in my replicator, and I'm positive there are people out there with orders of magnitude more than me. Trainers, as you point out, are essentially a non-prize; virtually ANYTHING would be more useful/appreciated/valued than trainers!

• Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gauntlet used to be exclusively items you needed for active crew (including personalized items).

Then one day it broke and started giving you personalized items for either crew you had immortalized, or even crew you didn't have at all.

Add it to the list of bugs that have been plaguing the game for months/years that DB ignores.

Gauntlet didn't change, but the algorithm breaks down when you don't have crew with items to equip. As you start to level more crew quickly and don't have crew sitting with 2*-4* items waiting to equip, the algorithm falls back to random items. If you leave a couple crew partially leveled with their items ready to be equipped you'll see they start to show up in gauntlet and dabo again.
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    If you leave a couple crew partially leveled with their items ready to be equipped you'll see they start to show up in gauntlet and dabo again.

That's only partially true. I always leave some equipment open but I've gotten random 4/5*'s a few times.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    I was about to post my gripes about Dabo when I saw this thread. I'd prefer if the dabo loot table were populated with faction items or some other useful item rather than a) equipment for crew I've already immortalized or b) equipment for crew I don't even own. I've gotten stuff like General Chang's 2* eye-patch and I've never even had him on my roster. Just a couple of days ago I got B-4's 2* outfit and I'd already fully-equipped him well before that. And to top it all off, after getting those useless items, I have to scroll all the way through my inventory just so I can find them to use as replicator fuel.

In a recent survey from DB, they asked "what can we do to improve the game" or something like that, and fixing the Dabo loot table was my answer.
  • Options
    Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suspect one of the rarity nerfs broke the Dabo and Gauntlet rewards. DB probably has no idea where, and even less care to figure it out. They don't have a metric to tie it directly to more dollars, so it doesn't matter.
  • Options
    HaBlackHaBlack ✭✭✭✭✭

Actually I don't think is broken. I noticed that those mostly useless items in Dabo are actually for the crew I airlocked in the last few hours. Maybe in last 24 hours or less

Game obviously see them as still active and gives you items for them.
    PlayingSince: 2016-09-16Can we get some more characters from TAS?We finally have Caitians in the game!Character wishlist:
    • Lieutenant M'Ress - got her
    • Amanda Rogers - got her
    • Admiral S'rrel from Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home - not in the game yet
    • Agmar - not in the game yet
    • M'yra - not in the game yet
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭

Anyone else?

I'd also like to add that I finished a gauntlet tonight and FIVE of the SEVEN chests were trainers.

The blue trainer drops from gauntlet are the biggest joke in this game... Sure, purple and gold trainer drops are garbage too but blue trainers barely even take a level 10 character up a level FFS... they're completely and utterly useless EVEN to new(ish) players
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    Speaking of The Gauntlet and @Zetterbeard ....

mi63gwvndve1.png
  • Options

Gauntlet didn't change, but the algorithm breaks down when you don't have crew with items to equip. As you start to level more crew quickly and don't have crew sitting with 2*-4* items waiting to equip, the algorithm falls back to random items. If you leave a couple crew partially leveled with their items ready to be equipped you'll see they start to show up in gauntlet and dabo again.
    HaBlack wrote: »

Actually I don't think is broken. I noticed that those mostly useless items in Dabo are actually for the crew I airlocked in the last few hours. Maybe in last 24 hours or less

These are both great theories, but proven wrong. I have over 70 unleveled 2-5* crew that could all use different items.

Instead I'm getting dabo rewards for crew I immortalized months ago.
  • Options
    Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭

HaBlack wrote: »

These are both great theories, but proven wrong. I have over 70 unleveled 2-5* crew that could all use different items.

Instead I'm getting dabo rewards for crew I immortalized months ago.

Are the crew all partially leveled and trained. As an example. I mean do you have a crew at level 80 with unequipped items at level 73,76,80 or similar?

Those were the types of items I would get back when I still had several crew I would work on at once.

• Options
    edited January 2019
    Kanon wrote: »
    The fact that we even have an INT-2 variable in the code makes me feel all warm fuzzy and nostalgic. Like the game was begun on a Commodore 64 and then shelved for a couple of decades. Makes me want to throw a big pile of punch cards in the air and giggle maniacally.
    Hey, running the server on Windows 95 is what keeps the game profitable!

I forget but i do (stupid auto correct changed do to dont) believe Windows XP had a server build...if DB used XP server...im seriously rotfl right now!!!! Just the thought.
  • Options
    KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    The fact that we even have an INT-2 variable in the code makes me feel all warm fuzzy and nostalgic. Like the game was begun on a Commodore 64 and then shelved for a couple of decades. Makes me want to throw a big pile of punch cards in the air and giggle maniacally.

I forget but i dont believe Windows XP had a server build...if DB used XP server...im seriously rotfl right now!!!! Just the though.
    If they are using something as new as XP, I demand that the inventory uses int32!
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    XP server exists...
    lxttmrfk6494.jpg
    i was right. So now the possibility that that is what db uses is even more prevalent...
    fbiguglx220e.gif
    I have a dark secret...i like to install xp on vms...and run viruses on them :blush:
  • Options

Anyone else?

The majority of items (not all, one or time that are common) on the Dabo Wheel I need. I train all my crew immediately to the next 10th level. The Dabo Wheel usually provides me the opportunity to get I nice piece for a crew member that is a level 30 or 40.

I will say that I have been playing for over 6 months and I have not received anything on the top row (at least I don't think I have). It would be nice if STT did loosen the odds for the top row...
  • Options
    V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    I always get items for characters I don't have and I have hundreds of items that need to be equipped on the characters I do have.
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."
  • Options
    Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭

I forget but i do (stupid auto correct changed do to dont) believe Windows XP had a server build...if DB used XP server...im seriously rotfl right now!!!! Just the thought.

Sure it did. Windows 2000.
  • Options
    Yateball wrote: »

Anyone else?

The blue trainer drops from gauntlet are the biggest joke in this game... Sure, purple and gold trainer drops are garbage too but blue trainers barely even take a level 10 character up a level FFS... they're completely and utterly useless EVEN to new(ish) players

It used to be an even bigger joke. At the beginning there were green and white trainer drops also. If they can ditch those, they can ditch the rest too.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Yateball wrote: »

Anyone else?

It used to be an even bigger joke. At the beginning there were green and white trainer drops also. If they can ditch those, they can ditch the rest too.

Oh thats right...i totally forgot!! It was the best of times, it was the worst of timelines...
  • Options
    I wait for a free spin, and what do I get?

A wooden bow! A t-shirt! A dancing hula girl for my dashboard!