Home The Bridge
Options

Who Would You Like To See Added From Disco {PER BYLOSHAN}

Comments

• Options
    KaiteeKaitee ✭✭✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »
    - Craft from "Calypso"

Yes, yummy. Also Zora (the holographic avatar), can you imagine how good her ship skill would be?
    robownage wrote: »
    Commander Nhan. She is Barzan, see also TNG “The Price” (the Barzan wormhole).

I knew I recognised that breather thing from somewhere, that's really cool.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    du2j2f11aqy4.jpg
    May Ahern
    Season 2 Episode 2 character
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    gobolts07 wrote: »
    Also:
    EV Suit Pike

I'm not so sure about the Power Rangers Pike/Burnham/Connolly/Nhan collection :neutral:

That was the only part of the episode that I didn’t like, it felt unnecessarily overdone and unrealistic.

Otherwise it was a solid effort. Loved Pike.

While I totally agree with this, there's plenty of EV suit characters and I think Pike would be a good addition. I was pretty happy with Pike (even though he's not Lorca) and I would like to see more versions of him. Especially that sharp uniform we was wearing when he boarded the Discovery.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    *DIS
    Star Trek first season rankings from best to worst: DS9, TOS, ENT, VOY, TNG, TAS, ORV, DIS
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    *DIS

Or DSC, if you want to toe the official line.

From Memory Alpha:
    John Van Citters [Vice President Star Trek Brand Management at CBS Studios, Global Franchise Management] has chosen "DSC" as the series' official abbreviation.

Memory Alpha, meanwhile, has chosen to use DIS. (I don't personally like "DIS" because it looks too much like "Disney". ;))

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    The John Travolta character from Saturday Night Fever or prospect Donna. Summer or maybe Nile Rogersfrom Chic!
  • Options
    KaiteeKaitee ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didn't they try to make everyone use 'VGR' for Voyager back in the day, instead of VOY? It was a long time ago and I was a baby or something, I might be misremembering.

Anyway, I'll stick with Disco, they put it on the shirts and everything.
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Kaitee wrote: »
    Didn't they try to make everyone use 'VGR' for Voyager back in the day, instead of VOY? It was a long time ago and I was a baby or something, I might be misremembering.

You're right about VGR, which despite being official, never caught on. But out of all possible abbreviations, I do see DSC used the most often by fans, on blogs and such. The haters seem to enjoy using STD, since associating the show with a disease is apparently still quite humorous to them. ;) DIS is one I really don't see often, though (aside from a few outliers like Memory Alpha).

And even though it's usually nothing I'd use, I know many folks are using "Disco" — and that's sort of an official name, too, since (as you say) it's used within the show itself. Those of us who actually remember 1970s disco (the music) may not be as eager to let that word pass our lips. :p

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Data1001 wrote: »

You're right about VGR, which despite being official, never caught on. But out of all possible abbreviations, I do see DSC used the most often by fans, on blogs and such. The haters seem to enjoy using STD, since associating the show with a disease is apparently still quite humorous to them. ;) DIS is one I really don't see often, though (aside from a few outliers like Memory Alpha).

And even though it's usually nothing I'd use, I know many folks are using "Disco" — and that's sort of an official name, too, since (as you say) it's used within the show itself. Those of us who actually remember 1970s disco (the music) may not be as eager to let that word pass our lips. :p

I really don't want to use it. Disco (the music) died a rather unceremonious death. I hope Discovery has a better fate.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    KaiteeKaitee ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really don't want to use it. Disco (the music) died a rather unceremonious death.

5TQb.gif

(I don't really have an opinion on the music, but I love me some Mystery Men so I couldn't pass that up.)
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really don't want to use it. Disco (the music) died a rather unceremonious death.

5TQb.gif

(I don't really have an opinion on the music, but I love me some Mystery Men so I couldn't pass that up.)

What, guns? That's your power? You shoot guns?
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    07wqofjcxqtc.jpg
    lanmifmvb56m.jpg
    aiyljycydbs6.gif
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    aiyljycydbs6.gif

Maybe... You should put on some shorts or something. If you wanna keep fighting evil today.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    SiblinSiblin ✭✭✭
    aiyljycydbs6.gif
    Is that mirror la forge??
  • Options
    KaiteeKaitee ✭✭✭✭✭
    Siblin wrote: »

He is now!

So total recast, we've got Mirror La Forge, I think Worf is an easy pick for Mr Furious (I feel like Deanna kinda fits in the Claire Forlani role), O'Brien as the Shoveler because he's an honest working class man, Picard as the Blue Raja for the accent, Kira as the Bowler for the constant simmering anger, Garak as the Sphinx, Rom as the Spleen, Disco Pike as Captain Amazing because he's got all the swagger, and I think Tomalak as Casanova Frankenstein, because there's not a lot of actors I can really imagine nailing that but the late great Andreas Katsulas totally could.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    After watching Season Two Episode One, I kinda want 2* or 3* versions of the rescue team in the Flight Suits. {Not the EV suits, but the one-piece flight suits.}

Burnham in Silver
    Pike in Yellow
    Connolly in Blue
    Nhan in Red

Nhan's red flight suits looked really cool.
  • Options
    After watching Season Two Episode One, I kinda want 2* or 3* versions of the rescue team in the Flight Suits. {Not the EV suits, but the one-piece flight suits.}

Burnham in Silver
    Pike in Yellow
    Connolly in Blue
    Nhan in Red

Pike would be cool. I totally expected Nhan to be killed off judging on the color of her uniform :)
    Most anticipated character not in the game: Mr. Homn
  • Options

Burnham in Silver
    Pike in Yellow
    Connolly in Blue
    Nhan in Red

Pike would be cool. I totally expected Nhan to be killed off judging on the color of her uniform :)
    They red-shirted the blue-shirt!!!!! Plot twist.
  • Options
    Since it got the TOS thread off-topic and off-track, discuss here Discovery characters you would like to see in-game.

I'd like a 1* Burnham from the time she was on Discovery, but did not have an official position.

Traits: Federation Starfleet Human Prisoner Xenoanthropology

Skills: Science Engineering

Please, we've had enough STD crew for a while.
  • Options
    PompeyMagnusPompeyMagnus ✭✭✭✭
    Woghd wrote: »
    Since it got the TOS thread off-topic and off-track, discuss here Discovery characters you would like to see in-game.

I'd like a 1* Burnham from the time she was on Discovery, but did not have an official position.

Nah, we need more.
    giphy.gif

• Options
    Siblin wrote: »

He is now!

So total recast, we've got Mirror La Forge, I think Worf is an easy pick for Mr Furious (I feel like Deanna kinda fits in the Claire Forlani role), O'Brien as the Shoveler because he's an honest working class man, Picard as the Blue Raja for the accent, Kira as the Bowler for the constant simmering anger, Garak as the Sphinx, Rom as the Spleen, Disco Pike as Captain Amazing because he's got all the swagger, and I think Tomalak as Casanova Frankenstein, because there's not a lot of actors I can really imagine nailing that but the late great Andreas Katsulas totally could.

Totally agree that Andreas would nail that. His confrontations across the neutral zone with Picard are the stuff of legend
    Account on it's final tour, soon to be retired!
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

Nah, we need more.
    giphy.gif

Weren’t we as a community having some Disco fatigue after the first mega, even among big fans of the show? I mean, my TOS wish list could fill a mega event (or two) but I bet only the most rabid of TOS fans wouldn’t feel burned out on getting so many in a row. There are less than 20 episodes...unless there’s one that is a near-limitless font of unique characters like The Killing Game, we’re going to have more Prospect vs. Graduation Burnham issues where there is no practical distinction between two characters beyond what skills/traits are assigned by DB.
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭

Nah, we need more.
    giphy.gif

Weren’t we as a community having some Disco fatigue after the first mega, even among big fans of the show? I mean, my TOS wish list could fill a mega event (or two) but I bet only the most rabid of TOS fans wouldn’t feel burned out on getting so many in a row. There are less than 20 episodes...unless there’s one that is a near-limitless font of unique characters like The Killing Game, we’re going to have more Prospect vs. Graduation Burnham issues where there is no practical distinction between two characters beyond what skills/traits are assigned by DB.

Eh, we usually have fatigue from whatever the theme is of any mega. I dismissed some of the Borg and Klingons in the first two just because I was sick of crafting the same things ad infinitum. Also, I am all about a TOS mega. It's the last of the six series yet to have a recurring mega 5*. That stopped being acceptable an Etana Jol ago.

I actually dig that DB has largely concentrated the release of Discovery crew through mega-events running concurrent with new episodes. The tie-in adds a little fun in both directions, and when they're over, I'm usually ready to shift focus back to DS9. Er, oh, the other five series.
  • Options
    guest_questguest_quest ✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Artwork on Agonizer/ed Lorca could be fun

Slave Saru could have a nice SEC skill
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    czncs2ykzl2a.jpg
    Me! But first we need Discovery to have an Apollo episode. Then have DB put a new Apollo in game to go with the current one we have as seen above. (Fingers crossed)
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019
    Sushi Saru? Grants Med, Cmd, and Dip bonus to another character?

We could finally get some use out of those repeated 1* and 2* airlocks, a la AEC.
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    czncs2ykzl2a.jpg
    Me! But first we need Discovery to have an Apollo episode. Then have DB put a new Apollo in game to go with the current one we have as seen above. (Fingers crossed)

I miss Trek stories like that, and I've always been disappointed that outside of Q, there was pretty much a moratorium on them placed during TNG that continued throughout the Rick Berman era. This Red Angel thing could end up being something on that scale. "New Eden" certainly felt like a giant step forward down that trail, anyway.
  • Options
    czncs2ykzl2a.jpg
    czncs2ykzl2a.jpg

Castiel as Apollo
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2019

Nah, we need more.
    giphy.gif

Eh, we usually have fatigue from whatever the theme is of any mega. I dismissed some of the Borg and Klingons in the first two just because I was sick of crafting the same things ad infinitum. Also, I am all about a TOS mega. It's the last of the six series yet to have a recurring mega 5*. That stopped being acceptable an Etana Jol ago.

Hmm...I wonder what a TOS mega would look like?

insert witty title here

A crazed Garth of Izar has appeared from a temporal anomaly, is on the loose, and is looking to become king of the galaxy. Through his charisma and talent for tactical planning, he has managed to gain an army of followers that are equally devoted and deranged. Can you stop him before he destabilizes the quadrant?

Recurring character: 5* Garth of Izar (COM/SEC/DIP)

Week 1 - Faction Event

Garth has been recruiting some of the most dangerous and violent criminals from multiple timelines and eras. The Federation wishes to capture and imprison such people before Garth can get to them, while the Terran Empire prefers to have them assassinated and the Bajorans want to rehabilitate them and return them to society.

5* - Scotty the Ripper (SEC/ENG/COM)
    4* - Vedek Bareil Antos (existing), Commodore Mendez (DIP/COM)

Week 2 - Galaxy Event

Garth, whose ranks have been swelled by the criminally insane, is now looking elsewhere for another edge: the secrets of the Augments’ enhanced strength and intellect. Elements of the Augments see Garth’s movement as a chance to assert their dominance, while the Borg and some unlikely allies wish to see both groups’ influence reduced.

5* - Commander Loskene (DIP/SEC/SCI)
    4* - Polywater Kevin Riley (ENG/COM/SCI), Arik Soong (existing)

Week 3 - Expedition/Faction Hybrid Event

Garth’s forces have established outposts with hoards of medical supplies and munitions throughout Federation, Klingon, and KCA space. Send away teams to check likely sites and seize Garth’s stockpiles wherever they may be.

5* - Doctor M’Benga (MED/SCI/DIP)
    4* - Commissioner Bele (COM/SCI/SEC), Lokai (DIP/SCI/SEC)

Week 4 - Skirmish Event

With opposition on all sides, Garth has launched a final, desperate invasion of Earth with his remaining starships. Stem the tide of invaders until Garth can be stopped.

5* - Commodore Matt Decker
    4* - Norman Android (SCI/ENG/DIP), Kirok (COM/MED/DIP)
    3* ranked reward - Spock in a Tree (DIP/SCI/MED)

That really only scratches the surface of TOS characters on my wishlist, even with two consecutive weeks with no existing event crew. No Flint, no Rayna Kapec, no Roger Korby, no Warlord Khan (or Survivor Khan), no Sargon-Possessed Kirk or Thalassa-Possessed Dr. Mulhall, no Tellarites...there are more. Still, we get another Scotty, a Kirk that fulfills the skill rainbow, Matt Decker, a Tholian, and several other desperately-needed additions (like Garth of Izar).