Home The Bridge
Options

25% off Specialty Pack

25% off the Specialty Pack is nice an all, but considering the 4* crew in there, it's like selling four-day old shrimp at a discount next to one-day old steak... Not even sure that makes sense to me...

Better 4* crew, who are widely useful, would be a better approach... Or, include 4* crew who were recent event crew who were 3/4 copies in threshold rewards... That'd goose pack spending more than old, non-event useful, crew.
[GoT] Drunk Shimoda
GoT Chief Communications Officer

Comments

• Options
    Now that they have done this once, we are going to expect it on all Tuesday Packs, not just the garbage ones...
  • Options
    They only seem to do this on packs with mostly meh offerings.
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the ENG and SEC stats, but damn, those 4* stink... can't risk it even at the discount
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    All the 4* are FFE. Pass. :neutral:
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • Options
    It figures that the pack of all women would be the one sold at a discount. Take some time on Thursday to talk that over with Admiral Riker, DB.

Yeah... Pretty much...

Smooth DB...
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, I challenge the assertion that all three of the 4*s in this assortment are useless. Profitable Ishka and Victorian Pulaski are among the top base DIP 4*'s. Hell, I've got Pulaski out on a shuttle right now. For players whose crews are largely comprised of 1/5's and 4/4's, they're both worth considering. I wouldn't go so far as to call either of them must-haves, but I do balk at the characterization of them as four-day old shrimp.

Agreed. Pulaski has kept her place on my crew. She's one of the best 4* in the game. I happen to have all 4* FF so the pack is a pass for me, but it's a solid mix.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, I challenge the assertion that all three of the 4*s in this assortment are useless. Profitable Ishka and Victorian Pulaski are among the top base DIP 4*'s. Hell, I've got Pulaski out on a shuttle right now. For players whose crews are largely comprised of 1/5's and 4/4's, they're both worth considering. I wouldn't go so far as to call either of them must-haves, but I do balk at the characterization of them as four-day old shrimp.

I have a lot of decent DIP crew, including legendaries above 1/5*, and Victorian Pulaski is still one of my #1 shuttle diplomats. I’d highly recommend this pack to anyone who doesn’t yet have the 4* crew immortalized.
  • Options
    EtienneEtienne ✭✭✭
    I did one draw on a whim and got a second star for my Maid Marian/Vash .... so it's all good :)
  • Options
    I bit. Got my 4th star for Moogie so no complaints here. Even better that it was at a discount.
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure what offer I'm waiting for ( ;) ) but this one was not it.
  • Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    I took a punt on this, both Pulaski and Moogie needed stars, I ended up with Irina go figure; RNDesus can be odd. Ah well another 5* to add to the leveling pile.

Jim
    DB: Do Better
  • Options
    CloneClone ✭✭✭
    25% off the Specialty Pack is nice an all, but considering the 4* crew in there, it's like selling four-day old shrimp at a discount next to one-day old steak... Not even sure that makes sense to me...

Better 4* crew, who are widely useful, would be a better approach... Or, include 4* crew who were recent event crew who were 3/4 copies in threshold rewards... That'd goose pack spending more than old, non-event useful, crew.

Who would you consider a better 4* crew member than Victorian Pulaski?
  • Options
    Get Ishka in mine who I already had FF, but lucked out and got a BeGold and picked up a Gangster Spock.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Viscous wrote: »

I know who I would recommend (Shras, Robin Hood, and Mirror Jadzia), but they’re not so much better as to make Victorian Pulaski look like four-day-old shrimp by comparison other than for people in the Two-Skilled Crew Are Awful By Default crowd. :)
  • Options
    Went for a couple after Ishka to FF, didn't get that but got a rare behold with TWO useful options (almost never get anything from a 4* behold) - chose Malik over Kurn to complete the Augment collection.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭

I know who I would recommend (Shras, Robin Hood, and Mirror Jadzia), but they’re not so much better as to make Victorian Pulaski look like four-day-old shrimp by comparison other than for people in the Two-Skilled Crew Are Awful By Default crowd. :)

Two of your three suggested replacements are "interesting" for an all-female pack.
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Options

Two of your three suggested replacements are "interesting" for an all-female pack.

I was thinking only of 4* crew that would be universally considered as more powerful than Victorian Pulaski, regardless of gender. The fact that Mirror Jadzia is the only female 4* that is demonstrably more powerful than Victorian Pulaski (though upon further reflection I would give a nod to Wedding T’Pol as well) only further hammers home the silliness of the original argument that Victorian Pulaski is a weak 4*.
  • Options
    edited January 2019

I was thinking only of 4* crew that would be universally considered as more powerful than Victorian Pulaski, regardless of gender. The fact that Mirror Jadzia is the only female 4* that is demonstrably more powerful than Victorian Pulaski (though upon further reflection I would give a nod to Wedding T’Pol as well) only further hammers home the silliness of the original argument that Victorian Pulaski is a weak 4*.

I looked to see if I had her sitting at Level 20 with one star after we started discussing her. Mine is FF at 70, 2/4 equipped. Now I need to start leveling her, I guess.
  • Options
    I decided to bite the bullet and give this pack a try, even though all the 4's are already FF. I tend to let my optimism from other people's success get the better of me.

I got one FF duplicate 4*, and two FF 4* beholds.

Wasted my dilithium again.
  • Options

I looked to see if I had her sitting at Level 20 with one star after we started discussing her. Mine is FF at 70, 2/4 equipped. Now I need to start leveling her, I guess.

She really is great. There aren’t many DIP/MED shuttle slots out there but she handles DIP-only slots quite well. Mintakan Troi is another one, though her DIP isn’t quite as high.
  • Options

She really is great. There aren’t many DIP/MED shuttle slots out there but she handles DIP-only slots quite well. Mintakan Troi is another one, though her DIP isn’t quite as high.

I got her FF, too. Got a drop on Voyage yesterdy and she was already FF.
  • Options

Are we talking 4 day old gas station shrimp? That is next level sadness. lol

“A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Options

But, if you eat them, the worms that build an empire in your stomach might make you supersmart..........
  • Options

But, if you eat them, the worms that build an empire in your stomach might make you supersmart..........

I think we just crossed over into Stargate territory...
  • Options

I think we just crossed over into Stargate territory...

Futurama, actually.