Home The Bridge

New 3* in Vault - Tribunal Pike

robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2019 in The Bridge
DB is killing it with these new blues and greens lately!

odpanabqxjyx.png

Comments

• Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    Three star reward for this event.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really? Disfigured Pike is the best name the hacks at DB can come up with?

From The Menagerie:

KIRK: A mutiny requires a trial board of no less than three command officers. Since there are only two of that rank available
    SPOCK: Sir, I must point out that there are three officers of command rank available. Yourself, Commodore Mendez, and Captain Christopher Pike.
    KIRK: Denied. Captain Pike is a complete invalid.
    SPOCK: I believe you'll find he's still on the active duty list.
    MENDEZ: We didn't have the heart to retire him, Jim. He's got you. Whatever he's up to, he's planned it well.

We have Captain Pike and Christopher Pike, why not use the name they used in the actual episode:
    Captain Christopher Pike......sorry, rant over.

I wonder if that particular name isn’t reserved for another future version? Fleet Captain Pike would probably be appropriate without the likelihood of being used elsewhere.
  • Seems a bit of a waste having him as a 3* - bit like the old days where high value cards (the main Kirk, Picard etc) are 2*. Still, will be good to have (hopefully with a good trait for collections...)
  • *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    WaldoMag wrote: »

From The Menagerie:

KIRK: A mutiny requires a trial board of no less than three command officers. Since there are only two of that rank available
    SPOCK: Sir, I must point out that there are three officers of command rank available. Yourself, Commodore Mendez, and Captain Christopher Pike.
    MENDEZ: We didn't have the heart to retire him, Jim. He's got you. Whatever he's up to, he's planned it well.

We have Captain Pike and Christopher Pike, why not use the name they used in the actual episode:

I wonder if that particular name isn’t reserved for another future version? Fleet Captain Pike would probably be appropriate without the likelihood of being used elsewhere.

Anything is possible I suppose, just seems lazy...disfigured pike...hunchback pike, freak show pike, bearded lady pike....... sigh....

How about Talos IV Pike. Since he will remain there. Though I guess that could be reserved for the mental image projected of him being alright.

Court Martial Pike would be good, Spock was in a (kinda anyway) court martial.......
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
    PenguinJim wrote: »

From The Menagerie:

Complete Invalid Pike?

ummm, well, 1966 was a different time wasn't it lol..............
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    PenguinJim wrote: »

From The Menagerie:

Complete Invalid Pike?

No, he's not an invalid, because he could still communicate fully via the yes/no beeps.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Disfigured describes him so poorly when with his numerous limitations he was still able to help Spock. He put Spock's needs ahead of his own and urged Spock to not risk his life and career to help him and when Spock could not be swayed from his plan Pike did everything he could to help Spock complete it while also remembering and carrying out his duties as a Starfleet officer.
    Let’s fly!
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    WaldoMag wrote: »

From The Menagerie:

Anything is possible I suppose, just seems lazy...disfigured pike...hunchback pike, freak show pike, bearded lady pike....... sigh....

How about Talos IV Pike. Since he will remain there. Though I guess that could be reserved for the mental image projected of him being alright.

Court Martial Pike would be good, Spock was in a (kinda anyway) court martial.......

I think this wins for name.

Edit: in the info for him should read, "He was one of the judges on Spock's court martial"
  • The artwork for this Pike is fantastic. As I brainstorm bridge scenes, I almost regret 86'ing Mutated Paris.

Almost.
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    The artwork for this Pike is fantastic. As I brainstorm bridge scenes, I almost regret 86'ing Mutated Paris.

Almost.

Nothing about "Threshold" should be remembered... ever
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    Well I will go the other way
    Happily ever after Pike
    After all he ends up on Talos IV back to his old self with Vina.
  • KaiteeKaitee ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome. Threshold-and-out should be enough to rank at least 15,000, right? (I know that's not exactly a daunting task, but normally I don't pay any attention to my rank at all, so I get a bit paranoid when there's a 3* I want on the table.)
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kaitee wrote: »
    Awesome. Threshold-and-out should be enough to rank at least 15,000, right? (I know that's not exactly a daunting task, but normally I don't pay any attention to my rank at all, so I get a bit paranoid when there's a 3* I want on the table.)

I would be shocked if it wasn't enough.
  • Bluebeard1Bluebeard1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ByloBand wrote: »
    Disfigured Pike: the first crew card with zero skills?

He should still have Command....
    Pike: "beep beep beep beep"
    Ensign: "Yes sir! Captain sir, right away sir!"

From The Menagerie:

He did take a Turn for worse so TurnPike

LOL! :smiley:
  • Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2019
    He's not just disfigured, he's disabled. He proved Kirk wrong about being a complete invalid, but disabled is still an apt description.

I'm also excited to see he has the inspiring trait. Still working on that collection.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • AldudeAldude ✭✭✭✭✭
    My vote is for Beepy Beep Pike.

Or Beepy McBeepface.
    Fleet Admiral of NCC UK Midlands."Leave any bigotry in your quarters. There's no room for it on the bridge." - J.T. Kirk, 2266
  • KaiteeKaitee ✭✭✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »
    Kaitee wrote: »

I would be shocked if it wasn't enough.

Yeah I know, I just get all worried about anything that isn't under my direct control. Like imagine if Palpatine's authoritarianism and Elsa's anxiety had a baby...
This discussion has been closed.