Home The Bridge

Petition, increase the chances of the three part dilemmas.

Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
I have been playing nearly a year and a half now. I normally manage 8 hour voyages, I normally extent voyages to 10 or more hours once or twice a week. I have never seen the third part of a three part dilemma.

Last weekend I saw "A Higher Duty, Part 2" for the first time in many months, and at six hours. I extended the voyage past 16 hours, and no joy. I don't remember even seeing "Champion of the People, Part 2"

I have completed over 1500 dilemmas, and the only 3 dilemma crew I have is Fierce Guinan when I accidentally claimed the achievement. I have 32 unrecruited super-rares, with three of these crew (and the stars for FG) amongst them.

Petition, increase the chances of the three part dilemmas. 107 votes

Yes, help me Sunshine Riker, you're my only hope.
82%
Warrior WilloAviTrekSabine of AthensCaptain DurfRocpile[TUFG] SiguardTravis S McClainNad Halmiddlehead[QH] OxmyxJim Raynor[DB-DO BETTER] [7TW] Captain plim123[10F]MadMax[TLA]  84wbCapt Ajammlittlestoatie[SJ] Admiral AkiAntasil[SSR] GTMET·§ë· For the Many 88 votes
NOh, I'm afraid the deflector shield will be quite operational when your friends arrive.
2%
Capt. Pete OwenMarakith Dax Bri 3 votes
It's a trap.
14%
SSR BarkleyWaldoMag[NDQ] Joker41NAMZombie Squirrel KettleKorn12345678 of 123456789AggeDrone_oneOdo MarmarosaGib - Admiral Mariners[OPA] Col. Fred L. JohnsonIshmael MarxAldudeCosmic Squirrel HenryVoniatkoJoeSage 2 16 votes

Comments

• Average GuyAverage Guy ✭✭✭✭
    I think once you clear them once, you don't need all three in order. I have had the Clown and Thot Got show up many times without the first dilemma. Maybe it's a glitch though.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    My story is much the same: 1721 dilemmas completed with no voyages going under 8 hours, though my days of extending are over unless I have a brain fart.

I’ve never seen either part three. Champion of the People part 2 has shown up less than a half dozen times and A Higher Duty maybe once. I have Fierce Guinan through the achievement plus a single Ensign Picard and two Leonard McCoys from a previous Elusive Treasures pull. I do not expect to see further stats for any of these, nor any of Colonel Worf. This would be understandable if they were truly amazing, but they aren’t. That doesn’t make sense.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a trap.
    Change my trap vote to yes.
    Voyages still get stuck at a dilemma, but are not given the dilemma.
    As long as this bug exists, my vote is yes to this poll.
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Intentionally left Flemming.

-EDIT-
    I'd just like to add though that number of dilemmas lifetime in this case is irrelevant, as one could achieve 2,000 dilemmas by recalling after the 2 hour dilemma 2,000 times.
  • [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    im at 2000 dilemmas. All my voyages are 8 hours, many are 10-12. I’ve run several really long voyages and have never seen a single part 3
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes I have never seen the part three of either of A Higher Duty nor Champion of the People. I have been doing 8 or 10 hr voyages every time for the last few months with nary a nibble. I can get the first two but never the third even when I go to 12 or the time I went to 20 hrs.
    Let’s fly!
  • edited March 2019
    Took me 32 hours to get part 2 of the picard dilemma, and another 8 to get part 3...i dont think he was worth it but at least it was with voyage revival tickets so at least it was free...sort of
    Edit: figured it was worth mentioning that since i did voyage revival token extender only voyage...it took 3 months to get to 2 days 2 hours...that was a VERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRY LONG VOYAGE!
  • Yes, help me Sunshine Riker, you're my only hope.
    A couple more months and ill be playing for 3 years, was able to do 6h voyages from the launch of Voyages and been doing 8h+ voyages for over a year. Completed at least 3000 dilemmas and ofcourse i have zero of those characters except for the 2000 dilemma Fierce Guinan.....
    I've had a pt 3 once.

I just want them to go in order...

30 honor and 2* for 2hrs, 60 honor and 3* for 4hrs... 100 honor and 4* for 6hrs, and I'm lucky if I get an 8+ without injecting dilithium in the antimatter stream
  • Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just RNG hell. I got Champion of the People 1-2-3 in a row to get Colonel Worf on the 6th hour once.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    I recently ran a Voyage that had "Champion of the People" Part 1 at 2:00 and Part 2 at 6:00. I made it to 8:00, but no Part 3. I didn't have enough AM to make it to 10:00, but I've wanted Colonel Worf since he was added. This opportunity was why I've sat on my Voyage revival tokens. I had five of them, which took me to an 18:00 Voyage. I never got Part 3.

I'm still annoyed and disappointed by that.
    Have never had a part 3...
    Additionally i have had no voyage exclusive crew drop at all since multiple copies became possible to drop. All my voyages are 8-10 hrs. Wtf is that???
    ~ seeking out new life
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a trap.
    I don't think the chance for part 1 to hit should be changed. But once that happens, any related part 2 and part 3 options should be given a higher chance. Not automatic, but instead of 1/35, maybe double it for part 2 (2/35) and triple for part 3 (3/34).

I voted for "trap" because this change would make me more likely to extend a voyage if I had already hit part 2 in a 3-parter. Revival tokens used, odds of success still poor = trap. So I'm advocating for a change that will make me more frustrated. Why am I doing that???

Denominators are assuming sequential occurances at 2/4/6 hrs and are based on my flawed memory of the total dilemma count (it is 36, right?).
  • [GoT] Gabe [GoT] Gabe ✭✭✭✭
    The RNGods are more likely to grant you the three parts if an appropriate blood sacrifice is made beforehand.

vpjgpjjbu37c.png
    The Guardians of Tomorrow
    Protecting the Galaxy's Future from Itself
    Fleet Admiral

For more info on us, check our wiki page:
    https://sttwiki.org/wiki/Fleet_Guardians_of_Tomorrow

GoT Bot server: https://discord.gg/R8QzpjW
    All are welcome to join and use the Bot.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    I'll have to look. My lucky Voyage week is in another subforum.

Was in the Ready Room:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/12344/another-dumb-scott-question-but-it-has-been-a-while#latest
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
    Capt Ajamm wrote: »
    Have never had a part 3...
    the same here

=j= space junkies seit November 2019 ausschliesslich Top 10 Plätze in der Flottenwertung. Immer mal wieder auf #1 :-)
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s taken me 1.7 years and I only have two stars on jannar yes I know only a two parter but that’s just a taste of my luck when it comes to these voyage dilemmas
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
    After 19355613854 voyage dilemmas, extending sometimes (ransom when I forget), always choosing the correct answers to get to the next step, nary a 3rd part found.
  • Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Denominators are assuming sequential occurances at 2/4/6 hrs and are based on my flawed memory of the total dilemma count (it is 36, right?)
    I am quoting you out of order if that is ok.

There are 36 dilemmas, but by my count there are 8 two parters and 2 three parters, leaving 12 dilemmas that need to follow another dilemma. So the first dilemma is a choice of 1 from 24. If the first part is triggered, then the second part has a 1 in 24 chance of happening, the same with the third.
    I don't think the chance for part 1 to hit should be changed. But once that happens, any related part 2 and part 3 options should be given a higher chance. Not automatic, but instead of 1/35, maybe double it for part 2 (2/35) and triple for part 3 (3/34).

If the first of a multi parter appears at 2 hours, the second has a 1/24 chance of appearing at 4 hours, assuming all obtainable dilemmas have an equal chance of appearing.

The chances of getting the third part of "Champion of the People" at six hours is (1/24)*(1/24)*(1/24), or once every 13,824 voyages.

The chances of getting the third part of "Champion of the people" at six or eight hours is roughly 13,000/4 or once every 3250 voyages, i.e. nearly once every nine years on average for one voyage a day.
    (1/24)*(1/24)*(1/24)*1
    +1*(1/23)*(1/23)*(1/23)
    +(1/24)*1*(1/23)*(1/23)
    +(1/24)*(1/24)*1*(1/23)

Plus a fiddle factor if the other dilemma is the first of a different multiparter
    I voted for "trap" because this change would make me more likely to extend a voyage if I had already hit part 2 in a 3-parter. Revival tokens used, odds of success still poor = trap. So I'm advocating for a change that will make me more frustrated. Why am I doing that???

Another option would be to only allow one multi-parter to run at a time. If a player hits "Champion of the People" at 2 hours, no other first part will appear, leading to a 1/14 chance that the second dilemma will appear.If the odds of the second part and third parts are increased, e.g to 1/7 then players are more likely to extend the voyage.

Players not looking for the voyage crew could abort, or take a null option.
    Here's the problem in a nutshell.

Six hour Dilemma yielded "Profit in the Wind".

30/30/2*................
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • AldudeAldude ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a trap.
    I agree with @AviTrek
    As much as I would love more SRs to drop in my voyages, and I would love to see a PT 3 dilemma (which I haven't done ever)...
    Fleet Admiral of NCC UK Midlands."Leave any bigotry in your quarters. There's no room for it on the bridge." - J.T. Kirk, 2266
  • Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enough with the ‘petitions’ please!

One every so often is fine (we got a response from DB on the 400K threshold request, even though it wasn’t the one we hoped for), but to have multiple polls running continuously in this way diminishes the impact or support they can attract.

One every so often is fine (we got a response from DB on the 400K threshold request, even though it wasn’t the one we hoped for), but to have multiple polls running continuously in this way diminishes the impact or support they can attract.

On the petition to lower the VP needed for the repeated 5* (also your previous post to this forum) you wrote:
    Yep I’ll sign this.

How about a petition to open up 2 copies of the featured gold final reward to something more reasonable like 500 or 750th place?

What you seem to be saying is only the problems you agree with should have petitions. Players with other issues should refrain from asking in a forum dedicated to asking about things like this.

Different players have different priorities, and the fact that your priorities might be different from mine, should not stop me from asking.

At the moment I have finished all my rare, uncommon, and common crew. I am working on super-rares, and some 1/5 legendaries. The voyage specific crew are a big hole in my roster, and I would like a reasonable chance of obtaining them, rather than the current drop rates of once every nine years.

I'll get the Aloe Vera.....
    edited March 2019
    I just saved the Andorian again by stunning the Gorn. At two hours. Unusual thing is I got a 3* {Mara from Day of the Dove} for what I think is the first time ever at two hours........

EDIT: Four hours 30/30/2*
  • Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭

On the petition to lower the VP needed for the repeated 5* (also your previous post to this forum) you wrote:
    Yep I’ll sign this.

How about a petition to open up 2 copies of the featured gold final reward to something more reasonable like 500 or 750th place?

What you seem to be saying is only the problems you agree with should have petitions. Players with other issues should refrain from asking in a forum dedicated to asking about things like this.

Different players have different priorities, and the fact that your priorities might be different from mine, should not stop me from asking.

At the moment I have finished all my rare, uncommon, and common crew. I am working on super-rares, and some 1/5 legendaries. The voyage specific crew are a big hole in my roster, and I would like a reasonable chance of obtaining them, rather than the current drop rates of once every nine years.

Just testing the waters for a possible future poll. If you’ll notice, I actually stopped short of creating a petition/poll though, because of the reason I said before.
  • Here's the problem in a nutshell.

Six hour Dilemma yielded "Profit in the Wind".

30/30/2*................

What they ought to do is make the tier's of dilemma's go both ways.

You can't get Cost of Living/Blood Tide/any of the dilemma's that drop 4* until the 6th hour dilemma. That's fine, but what they should do, is make it so you CAN'T get the stupid dilemma's that drop 2* crew after 6 hours as well.

The problem that will create is in long voyages you would end up repeating dilemma's which may or may not cause its own problem.