Home The Bridge

What Did You Pick for the Future Mega Event Theme?

13»

Comments

• WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Month of Hell
    Kaitee wrote: »
    @WaldoMag
    Well so far DB hasn't consulted me before going ahead with crew choices, but I'll be checking my inbox just in case ;) I dunno, I feel like Annorax only really needs the one version, and it's the one we already have - I don't really like to complain about characters not being 'important enough' since everyone's got their favourites, but Family Man Annorax of his wife would feel really underwhelming for recurring megas. I mean okay, Etana Jol isn't exactly the Borg Queen, but at least she had a darned good go at taking over the Enterprise.

I don't know who I'd pick TBH - Annorax was really the ideal choice, central to the story, a powerful enough role to merit being legendary (not that that's much of a rule), a one-off with no variants... if he wasn't here already it wouldn't even be a question. As it is, I dunno. Unless DB wants to ditch the 'not a variant' guideline (they have before, with Hobo Bashir) and make it Busted Up Janeway (or one of the others, like blind Tuvok, but if you're going to pick one of the main crew might as well be Janeway), I feel like the only option is to bring in a new antagonist for 'Month of Hell' - like maybe someone else has built their own version of the Timeship, and we have to side with Annorax in a timeship-versus-timeship battle of who can rewrite history the hardest.

Agreed.
    There is the funny choice of making the mega bonus crew Krenim Commandant, was given no name. But they could most certainly pick someone not from the episode.

Though Paris did play an important role. Also Obrist Annorax's second, is probably the obvious choice.

Blind Tuvok, Perfect hair Janeway, Chakotay all could be chosen.

The reason I mentioned ending Annorax or his wife, was because of your vote for "Summer of Love". I was thinking there probably was a reason Annorax puts his work down, joins his wife, and does not build his ship.

When it comes to episodes like year of hell. I like to figure, of what I watched, how much of it actually occurred. It usually comes down to a few minutes at the end. This time it was two episodes that boiled down to a few minutes at the end of part two. Edit: one thing I forgot, was how easily at the end Janeway changes course. I think the original conflict could have been avoided by saying we will change course, but we will not let you board our ship.