Home The Bridge

What Did You Pick for the Future Mega Event Theme?

Comments

• Veterinary PhloxVeterinary Phlox ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cardassians vs. Maquis Resistance
    No only would I love some more Cardassians, but it would cross both DS9 and VOY which I think is really cool.
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • PetrichorPetrichor ✭✭✭
    Month of Hell
    [10F] Newt wrote: »
    I voted on my phone and on my computer for Month of Hell. Different IP :). Loved that 2 episode story arc and wish it had been extended out to at least 4-6 episodes and not have been
    reset like it never happened
    . I think that storyline could have been more interesting than all the Borg episodes we had in the last few seasons of Voyager.

And who doesn't want a dirty scruffy Janeway?

l88obmxqeebp.jpg
    287uqm2nnxyd.jpg
    sw6bks6ww79e.jpg
    syrem3pydvgs.gif

Then of course in the Skirmish Event, we could get the Krenim Time Ship and it could have a ship ability to rewind time and repair itself or something time-related ship ability.

pco8jvp863er.jpg
    bbpxq6ujkfkz.png

Maybe even a beat up Voyager for a ship during the mega event.

cpkbcubl0a4o.jpg

AMEN. YES. THIS. WE NEED THIS.

I want to build that pocket watch.
  • Month of Hell
    Seems like Month of Hell really has the most preferences :smiley:

I just hope that there will actually be a Year of Hell Janeway in it :D
  • edited March 2019
    Month of Hell
    Picked month of hell, Voyager is my fav series, Janeway is my fav character. We need a new Janeway that has good stat ranges for once. Also wouldn't mind a new ship to play from the series, 3 star intrepid class, and 4 star Voyager are just unusable in arena battle, and I've yet to come across anyone in the top 2500 of admiral division (including myself) to have 5 star Captain protons ship. Maybe with this event we could get 4 star Nihydron or 4 star Mawasi ship or 5 star Krenim ship. All 3 were excellent looking designs.
  • V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    Scoundrels
    aww man i wanted scoundrels
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."
  • Hungry Dog DDMHungry Dog DDM ✭✭✭✭
    Month of Hell
    I choose month of hell, and really I just want it to be a month long, 30 day event, where it switches every 24 hours between all event types INCLUDING expedition
    Drunken Dahar Masters is recruiting active players.
    PM for details.

So long and thanks for all the fish.
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vacation/Summer Celebration
    I choose month of hell, and really I just want it to be a month long, 30 day event, where it switches every 24 hours between all event types INCLUDING expedition

You raise a good point. It won't be an authentic Month of Hell without a full, old school Expedition.
  • AmphistaffAmphistaff ✭✭✭✭✭
    Month of Hell
    Best chance of Burn-way. Plus it'll be a month of hell no matter what. :P
  • Month of Hell
    Month of Hell could also give some Temporal Agents and the like. And maybe we'd get the Krenim Timeship.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scoundrels
    Lets not go crazy with talk of expeditions. Let sleeping dragons lie.
    Let’s fly!
  • Torias327Torias327 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Month of Hell
    Ivanstone wrote: »
    If I get around to it I'll pick Cardassians because that's most likely gonna get me a new Garak.

Scoundrels would be a close second for the reason stated above.

I would love to see a new version named “Plain, Simple Garak” but I think that mega would just be an excuse to trot out Mirror Garak for yet another tour of duty lol
  • Vacation/Summer Celebration
    I went with vacation/summer celebration because I live in Minnesota and there is no where left to put the snow.
    Admiral of TN Volunteers

Your simple talior,
    Elim
  • 5000 Quatloos5000 Quatloos ✭✭✭✭✭
    Month of Hell
    I just noticed: if Month of Hell were to, say, feature the Survivalist trait, it would give a fairly interesting selection of not-often-used crew to play with ...
    Accepted. Mark them, Galt.
    Month of Hell
    robownage wrote: »

Month of Hell, indeed.

I don't have the time to type out of the number of O's at the end of "No" that this suggestion deserves.

https://youtu.be/oau2ev97VHE
    PM for details.

Month of Hell
    robownage wrote: »

Month of Hell, indeed.

I don't have the time to type out of the number of O's at the end of "No" that this suggestion deserves.

This truly would be a Month of Hell if it was an event going on for every day of the month.

That would be the point.
    PM for details.

But I *like* the dragon, and the way it singes me when it breathes fire right into my face. THAT'S HOW WE PLAY AND HAVE FUN. Anyway, here's my wishlist for Recurring Legendary in each of the offered themes:
    • Month of Hell - Hellish Janeway
    • Wrath of Kirk - Pedestrian Kirk, with sound clip "Well, double dumbass on YOU!" (I will accept Genesis Cave Kirk, so long as he's chewing on an apple)
    • Romantic ("Summer of Love") - Omicron Ceti III Spock (TOS "This Side of Paradise")
    • Vacation/Summer Celebration - Niners Ezri Dax
    • Cardassians vs. Maquis Resistance - Gul Evek
    • Scoundrels - Duras
    • Hunters - either Carraya IV Worf (TNG "Birthright") or Brota (DS9 "Children of Time")
    • Explorers - Stranded Cochrane (TOS "Metamorphosis")
    • Undercover/Secret Agents - Jodmos (Klingon Sisko) (DS9 "Apocalypse Rising")
    • Cultural Figures - Flint (TOS "Requiem for Methuselah", should be off the charts in all stats)
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Month of Hell

But I *like* the dragon, and the way it singes me when it breathes fire right into my face. THAT'S HOW WE PLAY AND HAVE FUN. Anyway, here's my wishlist for Recurring Legendary in each of the offered themes:
    • Wrath of Kirk - Pedestrian Kirk, with sound clip "Well, double dumbass on YOU!" (I will accept Genesis Cave Kirk, so long as he's chewing on an apple)
    • Romantic ("Summer of Love") - Omicron Ceti III Spock (TOS "This Side of Paradise")
    • Scoundrels - Duras
    • Hunters - either Carraya IV Worf (TNG "Birthright") or Brota (DS9 "Children of Time")
    • Cultural Figures - Flint (TOS "Requiem for Methuselah", should be off the charts in all stats)

If this was the poll. Cultural Figures would be my pick.
    Followed second by Explorers.
    But could you imagine cultural figures how many are mega event crew. It would make fierce competition. And, it was one of the reasons I did not pick it in poll.

I actually chose due to what favored my crew.

Looked at my crew. I see 5 megaevent crew with cultural figure trait.
    I also notice Locutus and caretaker.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wrath of Kirk

• Scoundrels - Duras

Genesis Cave Kirk with the apple would be great but it would be a hard choice to not use the KHAAAAAAANNNNNNN!!!!!!! pose instead. If memory serves, both scenes were from the time spent inside the planetoid.

• Scoundrels - Duras

Genesis Cave Kirk with the apple would be great but it would be a hard choice to not use the KHAAAAAAANNNNNNN!!!!!!! pose instead. If memory serves, both scenes were from the time spent inside the planetoid.

You make a good point. Okay, we should get Iconic Screaming Kirk with the sound clip you cited as a 5* and I'll be content with a 4* Unbeatable Kirk who has the sound clip, "I don't like to lose."
  • Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    Month of Hell
    I was very strongly considering voting for Cardassian vs. Maquis since *I* made a very original mega-event idea post entirely on that topic back in September 2018.

But I actually opted for "Month of Hell", because I'd love to see more characters from that episode and the Delta Quadrant in general. Such as Obrist, Krenim Prisoner Paris, Krenim Prisoner Chakotay, Muse Torres or Delta Flyer Torres, Fury Kes, EMH Mark 2, Mastermind Seska (from Insurrection Alpha). Besides, with such an event we could still get a Chakotay with SCI.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Month of Hell
    Got it right this time. edit: I posted this on the wrong post.
    Month of Hell got the most votes.

There is only one character, Obrist, in the episode (non main cast ) that makes sense for mega recurring bonus crew. I suppose based on DBs storyline they could pick someone else Existing or not in Star Trek.

Totally forgot main cast characters can be mega event.
    So Tuvok, Janeway, Chakotay, and Paris all possible.

Also, one that i would fine quite amusing is the Captain of the ship that pretty much gave Voyager its damage.
    All I see on memory alpha is Krenim Commandant.
  • [RotP]Ran Airen[RotP]Ran Airen ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    I really wish that Wrath of Kirk had won because I really suspect that DB had no intention of that being tied to Wrath of Khan. My theory was that this was really about Kirk undoing his death- or even "death" on the B. DB may even have been planning on borrowing from the novels where he is resurrected following the events of Generations.
    Member of Rise of the Phoenix.
  • KaiteeKaitee ✭✭✭✭✭
    Romantic "Summer of Love"
    Dangit, I was hoping for romance <3 I must be one of like three people in the world who doesn't like 'Year of Hell'. Still, y'all have fun, I'll be crossing my fingers for crew from other episodes/series I'm into to show up for no reason. Based on past choices in megas maybe they'll have Lola Chrystal as the recurring legendary, that'd be nice.
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2019
    Month of Hell
    @Kaitee
    Would you be okay with Annorax or his wife as reoccurring mega event bonus crew. This would be the version of Annorax that the timeline actually exists with after the non happening Year of Hell. Annorax might not have ENG or SCI.
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was not asked.
  • KaiteeKaitee ✭✭✭✭✭
    Romantic "Summer of Love"
    @WaldoMag
    Well so far DB hasn't consulted me before going ahead with crew choices, but I'll be checking my inbox just in case ;) I dunno, I feel like Annorax only really needs the one version, and it's the one we already have - I don't really like to complain about characters not being 'important enough' since everyone's got their favourites, but Family Man Annorax of his wife would feel really underwhelming for recurring megas. I mean okay, Etana Jol isn't exactly the Borg Queen, but at least she had a darned good go at taking over the Enterprise.

I don't know who I'd pick TBH - Annorax was really the ideal choice, central to the story, a powerful enough role to merit being legendary (not that that's much of a rule), a one-off with no variants... if he wasn't here already it wouldn't even be a question. As it is, I dunno. Unless DB wants to ditch the 'not a variant' guideline (they have before, with Hobo Bashir) and make it Busted Up Janeway (or one of the others, like blind Tuvok, but if you're going to pick one of the main crew might as well be Janeway), I feel like the only option is to bring in a new antagonist for 'Month of Hell' - like maybe someone else has built their own version of the Timeship, and we have to side with Annorax in a timeship-versus-timeship battle of who can rewrite history the hardest.