Options

Key information the event: In Word and Deed - 04/18

Comments

• Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like a 1980's space invader.
    A slightly better look at our orange friend

rq5pdwjxsccr.jpg

I believe that species originated during the original series which would explain some of the particular look.

Yes it's from a TOS episode and a good one

I am still holding out for a 5* Commander Loskene from that episode.
  • Options
    The Tholian reminds me of the vector graphics used in the early arcade games, like the Star Wars one. Everything composed of very basic geometric shapes and bright colors.

cu6v6sr548mv.jpg
  • Options

rq5pdwjxsccr.jpg

I believe that species originated during the original series which would explain some of the particular look.

I'm sure he's coming eventually :)
    The Tholian reminds me of the vector graphics used in the early arcade games, like the Star Wars one. Everything composed of very basic geometric shapes and bright colors.

cu6v6sr548mv.jpg

DEFINITELY. Go watch TRON the first movie LOL
  • Options

rq5pdwjxsccr.jpg

+1

z8f2hyqaeuat.jpeg
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    eXo | RodenberryPieeXo | RodenberryPie ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Looking at La Forge's new stats, he seems to have a pretty good voyage total but not too much in terms of traits, besides Starfleet and Human, which seem to pop up a lot on voyages. Also, there's not a lot of DIP/ENG/SEC legendaries either.
  • Options
    [10F] gobolts07 [10F] gobolts07 ✭✭✭✭✭

rq5pdwjxsccr.jpg

The Tholian Web. One of the first episodes of TOS I saw as a kid that got me into trek. I may even still have the VHS at my parents house.
  • Options
    And a kind of prequel to Discovery.

To quote Janeway "I hate temporal mechanics"
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭

rq5pdwjxsccr.jpg

A very good one. Which led decades later to my favorite "Enterprise" two-parter. Which tihs particular Tholian is from.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Looking at La Forge's new stats, he seems to have a pretty good voyage total but not too much in terms of traits, besides Starfleet and Human, which seem to pop up a lot on voyages. Also, there's not a lot of DIP/ENG/SEC legendaries either.
    Cyberneticist comes up a lot for me in my Voyages and I have no one good for that. Saboteur comes up sometimes too. Look at his arena stats at even 1/5. If you do not have Klingon Janeway he would be quite helpful.
    f6k7iaw1wo29.png

Let’s fly!
  • Options
    I'm excited too! :)

I'm excited about all the crew for this one, including Armed Philippa. Great lineup
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cyberneticist comes up a lot for me in my Voyages and I have no one good for that. Saboteur comes up sometimes too. Look at his arena stats at even 1/5. If you do not have Klingon Janeway he would be quite helpful.
    f6k7iaw1wo29.png

Just the fact that we're getting him in as a featured crew for a Skirmish event is fantastic. Pairing him with a Killy and a Rura Penthe Commandant will make quick work of most fights.
  • Options
    I didn't see the 4 second initialize time. That sounds amazing with the Krayon's cool down reduction and Rura Penthe Commandant.
  • Options
    PenguinJimPenguinJim ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't see the 4 second initialize time. That sounds amazing with the Krayon's cool down reduction and Rura Penthe Commandant.

With the Krayton's cooldown reduction, Ardra can proc at 4s too. She also has roughly double the passive stats and an 18K critical bonus, far higher than this La Forge's 10K. If I'm reading this correctly, La Forge will need to be 5/5 to have a better Acc boost than a 4/4 Ardra.

So after next week, I suspect Ardra will still be better for most people.
  • Options
    Veterinary PhloxVeterinary Phlox ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think DB has something against Geordi's visor.

But to be fair, so did LeVar himself.
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hasedoki wrote: »
    I think DB has something against Geordi's visor.

But to be fair, so did LeVar himself.

Kudos to the costumers or the prop department, though. I think that hair grabber was like $0.88 at the dollar store, or something.

Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    cbr35hmtug10.jpeg

p82a0q3plgs5.gif
    (there is a better version of this, but it has swearing so can't be posted here so this will have to do)
  • Options
    Did some pulls aiming for a Tholian or Spock. Naturally all I got was Georgiou, who I have immortalized already. This last pull was just RNG rubbing it in.

0vqo0khgwlci.png
    Weirdly enough, I’m also Vulcan Housewife. Also, RNGesus hates me, like really, REALLY hates me.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Please don't quote that kind of stuff it makes it harder for me, thanks :) ~Shan

It’s been a long time since we've had spam here. Someone found a way to get through

• Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Banjo1012 Quoting such things makes it even more work for Shan to delete the stuff. ;)
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭

cu6v6sr548mv.jpg

I LOVE that arcade game. Still my favorite upright controller.
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • Options
    Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    RennJaxo wrote: »
    Holy moly, that LaForge artwork is tight.

It's haunting and beautiful - whoever did this piece, like the Kol artwork, has an almost Vermeer-like facility with lighting.
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Kind of like this version better...........

7juqg5pzes5q.jpg
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    For anyone who has ranked in the top 20 (which is where you star getting multiple copies of the reward character) I'm curious how many chrons you guys spent. I banked up 6k and unleashed my full payload at the start of the event. I'm floating in the 20-30 range right now and am not sure if I want to keep chasing it or start finishing off my event characters.
  • Options
    I think it is about 10k a day in chrons to be in top 25. Or at least it was six months ago. I do not know how much more it is now.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some of you guys keep spectacular figures. How many VP do you think will be needed for top 1500 or top 1000 to be secure? I figure at least 500K, but that is feeling. I have no data to back it.
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    FWIW, these are the VP and ranks from my last 4 full galaxy events. Hope this helps...

Jan 3, 2019, Plague of Plagues (2), 838K VP, 596 rank.
    Jan 24, 2019, Temporal Trespassers, 2.46M VP, 14 rank.
    Feb 14, 2019, Shall I Compare Thee?, 512K VP, 903 rank.
    Mar 21, 2019, Legend Unwritten, 690K VP, 307 rank.

So for top 1000 - yeah, probably 500K. I can't offer any insight into what the target looks like at 1500 these days.
  • Options
    I think it is about 10k a day in chrons to be in top 25. Or at least it was six months ago. I do not know how much more it is now.

Jesus, 10k a day? How did they even generate that much?
  • Options
    Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭

I imagine some save it up once they have a critical mass of crew immortalized. Two, three or four good Voyages a day for a few weeks/months/years. Then you just wait for a Galaxy that's a good match.
  • Options

They run long voyages with dilithium, they buy chrons with dilithium, they buy cadets on chron days with dilithium, they also prefarm a lot before to lower chrons needed. Also, some only do a run once a month. To be honest I am not sure top 25 is even attainable anymore for anyone but whales who or purchasing large numbers of chrons or people who stock chrons for months. Top 75 is possible if you are willing to spend like 20k chrons or 25k but it isnt worth it.
    Let’s fly!