Home The Bridge

Forum Captains Word Search

Comments

• Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    ByloBand wrote: »
    UPDATE!

2. I have corrected the much less simple spelling error for PRIMELORCA which required me to place that name in an entirely new place!

8755xicj7dvb.jpg

I'm still changing my name to Primal Orca for the event. :D
    (But thank you, @ByloBand )

I must admit, as far as mistakes go, that one was pretty amazing, and Primal Orca is pretty epic!

I read it as "Prima Lorca." You're first among the Lorcas, so you've got that going for you, which is nice.

I read Prima Lorca the first time. Then when I found it (in all caps), I saw "PRIMAL" first and my brain just fixated on it. And I ran with it. Then someone in my fleet found the corresponding astrological report: http://www.primalastrology.com/orca.html
    And many more laughs ensued.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow! Thanks for including me. Fun puzzle.

Thanks to all who help form this community. I enjoy being a part of it.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Where's me?
  • GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, I made it into the puzzle! Thank you so much, Bylo, I'm genuinely touched.
  • kapukapu ✭✭✭
    Woot, got included in an update \o/
    like a free DLC :DD Thanks man!

Now I really need to print this on paper and do it proper
    Captain Lvl 99; Vip0; 552 Unique Immortals; Fleet: Omega Molecules; Base Lvl 134 (MAX); Playing Since March 2016.
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where's me?

No offense intended, but for whatever reason, your user name did not appear in any of the threads on The Bridge I was scouring to pull names from.
    @ByloBand - I'm honored to be included :smile: I like that mine was vertical and easy to find :tongue:

Thank you for being such a positive, involved, and kind voice in the community. We are all lucky to have you <3

Also, I fixed the first easter egg:
    BylobandRocks

B)

LOL, thanks. I knew I could not possibly fit everyone in there, so I threw in that easter egg for the folks who felt left out, as an internal acknowledgement.
  • I need to be more involved here like I used to be as I don't see my name in there anywhere. :'(
    I need to be more involved here like I used to be as I don't see my name in there anywhere. :'(

Nice to meet you! :)
  • [10F] NewtonianQBalls[10F] NewtonianQBalls ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    I need to be more involved here like I used to be as I don't see my name in there anywhere. :'(

Ouch!! That does say it all right there... :s

I have 4 stars for crying out loud... 4 stars... :'(
  • @ByloBand Good to meet you too.

htt2lkqpyi07.png
    f40x0ohjfmlx.jpg
  • Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice! Thanks! Fun, and I inadvertently cleaned my screen running my finger across it scanning for Y-K-H combos!
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • ByloBand wrote: »

Obviously he didn’t fit all of us 4 Star forum guys into the puzzle. It would probably have to be much bigger for that.
    Weirdly enough, I’m also Vulcan Housewife. Also, RNGesus hates me, like really, REALLY hates me.
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭

Obviously he didn’t fit all of us 4 Star forum guys into the puzzle. It would probably have to be much bigger for that.

But it's more fun to tell @[10F] NewtonianBalls that all the important ones are there. ;)
    Farewell 🖖

Well said. There is no roster of people that I am aware of, and I did the best I could. Actually, that is not completely truthful, I tried to do the best I could, but mistakes were made. But it is also true to say that there was not unlimited space and a line had to be drawn somewhere. I had a couple of loose guidelines while assembling the list of names, and after my initial short list of people I've befriended on here and a handful of very active/prominent individuals, I had to think up a way to hunt for more names, so I picked 3 forum threads I liked, started from page 1, and just started writing names down. I managed to find homes for 100% of those names so I went back and just kept grabbing a handful more, fit them in, etc until the combination of my brain/eyes/nerves could take no more, and then I filled in the empty spaces and published. The threads I chose were heavily biased toward recency, because that made far more sense since I intended this to be a fun activity for people currently active on the forums.

Fortunately for folks like @[10F] NewtonianBalls who feel left out, I did kind create an internal easter egg to try and alleviate and diffuse any tension.
    nmg22eqixn91.jpg

I am very touched that so many people have found this project to be of value, it was fun to put together.

Well said. There is no roster of people that I am aware of, and I did the best I could. Actually, that is not completely truthful, I tried to do the best I could, but mistakes were made. But it is also true to say that there was not unlimited space and a line had to be drawn somewhere. I had a couple of loose guidelines while assembling the list of names, and after my initial short list of people I've befriended on here and a handful of very active/prominent individuals, I had to think up a way to hunt for more names, so I picked 3 forum threads I liked, started from page 1, and just started writing names down. I managed to find homes for 100% of those names so I went back and just kept grabbing a handful more, fit them in, etc until the combination of my brain/eyes/nerves could take no more, and then I filled in the empty spaces and published. The threads I chose were heavily biased toward recency, because that made far more sense since I intended this to be a fun activity for people currently active on the forums.

Fortunately for folks like @[10F] NewtonianBalls who feel left out, I did kind create an internal easter egg to try and alleviate and diffuse any tension.
    nmg22eqixn91.jpg

I am very touched that so many people have found this project to be of value, it was fun to put together.

We’re all only human after all. Anyhow, if you have the time and energy you could always make multiple such puzzles to include people that feel left out or whatever. I’m sure @“[10F] NewtonianBalls” would appreciate it at the very least, lol.

Also, I was trying to think of a way you could do a crossword puzzle as well, but realized there’s nearly no way enough accurate and known clues could be composed to relate to most forum users. Only one or two, like Roonis (not even sure he’s on this forum anymore) would be widely known enough that you could make a word game that people could figure out.
    Weirdly enough, I’m also Vulcan Housewife. Also, RNGesus hates me, like really, REALLY hates me.

nmg22eqixn91.jpg

We’re all only human after all. Anyhow, if you have the time and energy you could always make multiple such puzzles to include people that feel left out or whatever. I’m sure @“[10F] NewtonianBalls” would appreciate it at the very least, lol.

Also, I was trying to think of a way you could do a crossword puzzle as well, but realized there’s nearly no way enough accurate and known clues could be composed to relate to most forum users. Only one or two, like Roonis (not even sure he’s on this forum anymore) would be widely known enough that you could make a word game that people could figure out.

You did just give me a potential idea for something down the road :)
  • Seven of One Seven of One ✭✭✭✭✭

But it's more fun to tell @[10F] NewtonianBalls that all the important ones are there. ;)

Hahahahahaha hahaha 😂 😂 😂 😂 🤣
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Seven of One Seven of One ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you @ByloBand for including me. I'm not here as much as I used to be (got myself a job, stupid girl, totally interferes with my game play) so it's lovely that I've been added 🤗 🤗 🤗
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
    Where's me?

No offense intended, but for whatever reason, your user name did not appear in any of the threads on The Bridge I was scouring to pull names from.

Are you kidding? I post here all the time, or were you only using names from the recent list?

I'm contribute here all the time. Not being petty or anything. Maybe you just couldn't be bothered scrolling through the entire forum, right?

• Come on dude, this was a lot of work for him. He was just trying to do something nice. It was right in the beginning of his thread that he tried to include lots of people but it would not be complete with everyone. Whatever arbitrary method he used for making a list of people would inevitably miss some.

I know, I said I wasn't being petty. Just wondering where I was. Am I not allowed to wonder? Maybe, he'll include me in his next one, if he does one. :)

• RennJaxoRennJaxo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Come on dude, this was a lot of work for him. He was just trying to do something nice. It was right in the beginning of his thread that he tried to include lots of people but it would not be complete with everyone. Whatever arbitrary method he used for making a list of people would inevitably miss some.

I know, I said I wasn't being petty. Just wondering where I was. Am I not allowed to wonder? Maybe, he'll include me in his next one, if he does one. :)

Don’t fret on it, friend. Even some of us five stars got left out. It was never intentional, it’s just the way things are. I know, if you’re like me, you’ve been left out of a lot of things. And I’m not gonna lie to you - it **tsk tsk**. God, it **tsk tsk**. But it’s not personal, it never is. Some of us just blend into the background more than others. And if you wanna get angry, that’s fine too. But don’t take it out on Bylo, he was just trying to do something fun for the community.

Anytime you feel left out, always remember: if everyone’s super, than no one will be.
    RennJaxo wrote: »
    Come on dude, this was a lot of work for him. He was just trying to do something nice. It was right in the beginning of his thread that he tried to include lots of people but it would not be complete with everyone. Whatever arbitrary method he used for making a list of people would inevitably miss some.

Don’t fret on it, friend. Even some of us five stars got left out. It was never intentional, it’s just the way things are. I know, if you’re like me, you’ve been left out of a lot of things. And I’m not gonna lie to you - it **tsk tsk**. God, it **tsk tsk**. But it’s not personal, it never is. Some of us just blend into the background more than others. And if you wanna get angry, that’s fine too. But don’t take it out on Bylo, he was just trying to do something fun for the community.

Anytime you feel left out, always remember: if everyone’s super, than no one will be.

Reading this hurt, I am sorry if I contributed negatively to your experience on the forums.
  • 5000 Quatloos5000 Quatloos ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honored to be included, BB!

My eyes keep fixating on "QHUARK" :-)
    Accepted. Mark them, Galt.
  • RennJaxoRennJaxo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    RennJaxo wrote: »

Reading this hurt, I am sorry if I contributed negatively to your experience on the forums.

Haha, it wasn't meant that way Bylo, no worries. As I said, I don't take it personally. Just trying to help out my boy Spirk here. Keep on doin' what you're doin'!
  • RennJaxo wrote: »
    Haha, it wasn't meant that way Bylo, no worries. As I said, I don't take it personally. Just trying to help out my boy Spirk here. Keep on doin' what you're doin'!

Thanks RennJaxo.

I don't know why everyone is taking it personally against me. I was just wondering where I was.

Can't I not wonder at all?

Some people are just rude.
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    No good deed goes unpunished. Way to try to make the dude feel bad for doing something cool. How very forum of you

I didn't make the dude feel bad. I said I wasn't being petty.

Am I not allowed to wonder at all???

I'll just play the game and shut my mouth then.
  • Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    I found myself yayyy!

Thanks for doing this, it feels really community oriented :)
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.