Home The Bridge
Options

Forum Captains Word Search

124»

Comments

• Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RennJaxo wrote: »
    Haha, it wasn't meant that way Bylo, no worries. As I said, I don't take it personally. Just trying to help out my boy Spirk here. Keep on doin' what you're doin'!

Thanks RennJaxo.

I don't know why everyone is taking it personally against me. I was just wondering where I was.

Can't I not wonder at all?

Some people are just rude.
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    No good deed goes unpunished. Way to try to make the dude feel bad for doing something cool. How very forum of you

I didn't make the dude feel bad. I said I wasn't being petty.

Am I not allowed to wonder at all???

I'll just play the game and shut my mouth then.

Well your words came off kinda strong: one cannever decipher tone in the written word

• Options
    edited April 2019
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    Well your words came off kinda strong: one can never decipher tone in the written word

Yeah. One can never tell decipher one's tone online. That is why I did say, "I wasn't being petty or anything."
  • Options
    @ByloBand I didn't want to highjack the Hellhounds #1 thread with this question. You offered to do a puzzle if Hellhounds can manage a #1 fleet rank for the event. My question is if that would possibly go for any fleet that happens to hit #1 in the event?
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ByloBand I didn't want to highjack the Hellhounds #1 thread with this question. You offered to do a puzzle if Hellhounds can manage a #1 fleet rank for the event. My question is if that would possibly go for any fleet that happens to hit #1 in the event?

I'm down for something like that in the future, but I feel for this event specifically it would potentially cheapen the excitement involved in their fleet's chase for first place.
  • Options
    Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ByloBand

That’s some A* grade community effort!

I hope you do similar stuff away from the forums, that is, in a more direct way with your fleet or the community in general.
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    ByloBand wrote: »
    I found myself yayyy!

Thanks for doing this, it feels really community oriented :)

When I first hatched this idea the initial list I started with consisted of my friends on the forum (you know who you are) and a few people I consider black belts in the forums, by that I mean people who were truly awesome with creating quality threads and participating in other threads, built up a positive reputation for excellence, and used that reputation to steer conversations into useful/productive directions. When I first became active on the forums I tried to emulate that behavior to live up to the legacy and example these forum black belts set, and you @Lady Gaghgagh were on that short list. It was my privilege to repay your contributions to this community in this small way.

...So, how'd I sneak into the puzzle? It's my avatar, right? I tried to change that once and there were objections. Plural.
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    ByloBand wrote: »
    I found myself yayyy!

Thanks for doing this, it feels really community oriented :)

When I first hatched this idea the initial list I started with consisted of my friends on the forum (you know who you are) and a few people I consider black belts in the forums, by that I mean people who were truly awesome with creating quality threads and participating in other threads, built up a positive reputation for excellence, and used that reputation to steer conversations into useful/productive directions. When I first became active on the forums I tried to emulate that behavior to live up to the legacy and example these forum black belts set, and you @Lady Gaghgagh were on that short list. It was my privilege to repay your contributions to this community in this small way.

...So, how'd I sneak into the puzzle? It's my avatar, right? I tried to change that once and there were objections. Plural.

Your avatar is glorious BTW!

You made it for...reasons :p
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, @ByloBand ! I will print out the updated puzzle and work on it with a pencil in my left hand, whilst tapping mindlessly with my right hand during the next Skirmish. 🖖🏻
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    Intresting puzzle. And, Bylo, the Calvin and hobbes ST spoof image you posted was awesome.