Home The Bridge
Options

Gauntlet rewards

2»

Comments

• Options
    Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got 1 Guinan 2 weeks ago, and an Armus the week before. I only need 2 Armuses (Armii?) To complete the collection. Finished 1st place all last week, plus a few here and there, and no Golds to speaks of since. And I am really really tired of 3* trainers constantly showing up now, where they were on hiatus for a long time.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got 1 Guinan 2 weeks ago, and an Armus the week before. I only need 2 Armuses (Armii?) To complete the collection. Finished 1st place all last week, plus a few here and there, and no Golds to speaks of since. And I am really really tired of 3* trainers constantly showing up now, where they were on hiatus for a long time.

Not an English major, but I'm fairly confident that Armuses is correct. Armus is a proper name, and the way one plurals other proper names such as Jones, is with an "es".
  • Options
    HaBlackHaBlack ✭✭✭✭✭
    ByloBand wrote: »

Not an English major, but I'm fairly confident that Armuses is correct. Armus is a proper name, and the way one plurals other proper names such as Jones, is with an "es".

According to oxforddictionaries.com - noun ending in "us" with latin origin in plural form can end either in "i" or "s", with few technical exceptions which always end "i".

If origin od noun ending with "us" is Greek or unknown then plural form ends in "s"

So DB, can you ask some officials at Star Trek is Armus Greek or Roman fellow?
    PlayingSince: 2016-09-16Can we get some more characters from TAS?We finally have Caitians in the game!Character wishlist:
    • Lieutenant M'Ress - got her
    • Amanda Rogers - got her
    • Admiral S'rrel from Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home - not in the game yet
    • Agmar - not in the game yet
    • M'yra - not in the game yet
  • Options
    muwoomuwoo ✭✭✭
    I got Guinan last week and I've never gotten anything before that in the last year of playing Gauntlet every day.
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    HaBlack wrote: »
    ByloBand wrote: »

According to oxforddictionaries.com - noun ending in "us" with latin origin in plural form can end either in "i" or "s", with few technical exceptions which always end "i".

If origin od noun ending with "us" is Greek or unknown then plural form ends in "s"

So DB, can you ask some officials at Star Trek is Armus Greek or Roman fellow?

Not disagreeing, but Armus is not a noun, it is a name. Armus is not an Armus, Armus is Armus.
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's the totality of my Gauntlet Jackpot drops after 15350 rounds:

04-03-2017 Locutus of Borg
    05-13-2017 Locutus of Borg
    08-14-2017 Bartender Guinan
    09-07-2017 Bartender Guinan
    12-17-2017 Bartender Guinan
    08-16-2018 The Caretaker
    02-05-2019 Armus
    03-03-2019 Bartender Guinan
    04-28-2019 Locutus of Borg
    04-30-2019 Armus
    05-03-2019 Bartender Guinan

You'll notice that 2018 was really stingy with me. You'll also notice that the last three were all within this last week. I cited Locutus and Guinan to immortality well before I got them again in 2019, so I've dismissed one of the former and two of the latter. That felt really weird to do.
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Won 5 Armuses (Armi?) between Feb 8 and Apr 10.
    Won 3rd Guinan on Mar 6.
    Won 5th Caretaker on Mar 23. Had the other 4 from his official gauntlet run.
    Won 6th Caretaker yesterday (May 3).

So with respect to this thread's premise, my experience is that they are dropping at a reasonable rate. Worth noting that I play gauntlet consistently, completing perhaps 20-30 rounds/day. Something like that anyway (I completed the 20K achievement in Nov 2018).

There was a poll a while back on the topic of "what would you do with a 6th copy of a gauntlet-exclusive crew". I voted "level them". Now I get to put my money chronitons where my mouth typing is, and unleash a double-Banjoman attack in some future gauntlet.

As always, my condolences to all of you that are missing one or more of the gauntlet exclusive cards. Keep playing and someday RNG may smile upon you.
  • Options
    [CFOH] Earl Grey[CFOH] Earl Grey ✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Locutus 1
    Guinan 0
    Caretaker 4
    Armus 0

Crew drought since the drop rate change, here. :'( Although, if I do manage to appease the RNG gods enough to finally acquire a Guinan or Armus, I could level them up using only BLUE (EXPLETIVE DELETED) TRAINERS! Enough with the blue trainers already!!!

*I was just re-reading this thread, and realized that I basically repeated OP's sentiments regarding blue trainers, please excuse the redundancy.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got a third Armus off of a three-win streak box today, so that’s pretty neat.
  • Options
    [10F] gobolts07 [10F] gobolts07 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got my first Locutus today on a six-streak pull, so that was fun. I was tapping so quickly as we generally do when the rewards pop up I went right by it then was like “Oh $&!?” !!!!

uk47agicu5gk.png

Just for scorekeeping that gives me:

1 Locutus
    2 Arums
    2 Caretaker
    1 Guinan

I haven’t kept track of the dates but as Travis notes above, I’ve pulled my 2nd Armus, Guinan and Locutus in the last month.

I’ve completed 8,773 gauntlet rounds so all in all
    I’d say I probably fall pretty average so far as RNGeezus goes.
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just pulled a 2* database from a 3 streak chest and my first reaction was, "Hey, that is useful!"