Home The Bridge
Options

Three Years

Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2019 in The Bridge
j3az9fznjgtf.jpg

Today is my third anniversary as a Timelines player. That's kinda wild. Anyway, my thanks to everyone who's contributed somehow or other to my enjoyment of this little game: fleet mates, forum members, @Shan & @SunshineRiker, the designers, and anyone I'm overlooking. Incidentally, here are some of the notable things that have been added to the game that weren't there when I started:

5/3/16 Cadet Challenge: The United Federation
5/17/16 Shuttle Boosts
6/14/16 Cadet Challenge: A Certain Formality
6/14/16 Distress Call: Celestial Temple
6/16/16 Galaxy Events
6/29/16 Battle Arena
7/15/16 Expedition Events
7/26/16 Episode 7 "When Falcons Clash"
7/28/16 Event Replays begin with "They Came From the Holodeck! 2"
8/9/16 Cryostasis Vault
8/9/16 Tap and Hold Training
8/30/16 Ad Warps
8/30/16 Replicator
8/30/16 Squadrons
8/31/16 Aviator Yar and Tuskegee Mayweather become first Timelines Originals/non-canon crew
10/5/16 Waitress Ezri, the only Ezri added since the game's launch
12/8/16 Event Rank Rewards Become Cumulative
12/20/16 Supply Kits
1/30/17 Gauntlet
4/27/17 Crew Reenlistment Window
4/27/17 Honor Hall
4/27/17 Search by Name in Crew Quarters
5/4/17 Mega-Events
6/13/17 Achievements
6/13/17 Quick Build
6/19/17 Fleet Target Rewards
7/11/17 Distress Calls: Klingon Empire
8/28/17 Starbases
9/20/17 Lieutenant Commander Saru introduces Star Trek: Discovery content into Timelines
9/20/17 Voyages
12/5/17 Episode 8 "The Killing Syndrome"
2/27/18 Collections
5/24/18 Jonathan Archer finally appears in an event (Xindi Prisoner Archer, in "The Longest Day")
5/31/18 Skirmish Events
6/28/18 Rank 5*'s Added to Thresholds in Event Replays, beginning with "The Isthmian Games 2"
10/4/18 Event Rank 5* Featured in Following Week's Featured Crew
10/5/18 Distress Calls: Infinity
11/15/18 Event Thresholds Expanded to include Voyage Revival Token and Premium 10x Pull
11/15/18 "Peldor Joi" (i.e. "The Combs Event")
1/9/19 Cadet Challenges Became Warpable
1/15/19 Borg Faction
1/15/19 Episode 9 "Strange Bedfellows"
3/14/19 U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701-E
3/19/19 Campaigns (Beta)
4/18/19 Campaigns

Comments

• Options
    [10F] gobolts07 [10F] gobolts07 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reading this...I can’t believe I started almost two years ago.
  • Options
    RennJaxoRennJaxo ✭✭✭✭✭
    They say time is the fire in which we burn...

Congrats, Travis! Out of curiosity, did you happen to just know your anniversary, or is there some way one could find this out? Bit curious myself.
  • Options
    FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    You missed the 11/05/2016 milestone:
    Flemming Beta
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • Options
    [10F] NewtonianQBalls[10F] NewtonianQBalls ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Another milestone would be the introduction of Honor and that we no longer received trainers when airlocking crew. Also, the ability to earn honor for each star instead of it looking at a 5/5* as being just a single crew. Airlocking a 4/4* and getting the trainers of just a 1/4* crew really sucked.

I wasn't around from the beginning but was close as my 3 years is coming up in June. There really wasn't much to the game back then. I remember being able to join a fleet and just thought what the heck is the point of these? Speaking of fleets, shouldn't you also need to add in fleets being added within that timeline?

5/17/16 Shuttle Boosts
    6/16/16 Galaxy Events
    6/29/16 Battle Arena
    8/9/16 Cryostasis Vault
    8/30/16 Ad Warps
    8/30/16 Replicator
    8/30/16 Squadrons
    12/20/16 Supply Kits
    1/30/17 Gauntlet
    4/27/17 Crew Reenlistment Window
    4/27/17 Honor Hall
    4/27/17 Search by Name in Crew Quarters
    5/4/17 Mega-Events
    6/13/17 Achievements
    6/13/17 Quick Build
    8/28/17 Starbases
    9/20/17 Voyages
    12/5/17 Episode 8 "The Killing Syndrome"
    2/27/18 Collections
    5/31/18 Skirmish Events
    3/19/19 Campaigns (Beta)
    4/18/19 Campaigns

This is what has been added since I started playing.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s funny...it feels to me that the time between when I started and the introduction of the Vault was longer than from the introduction of the Vault until now. This helps put things in a little more perspective.

Also, congrats on your third anniversary!
  • Options
    ThurthoradThurthorad ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats. I've been here several years too. What's obvious for these lists is that 2018 was a very slow year and 2019 is not making up for it. The game is becoming stagnant and may well be in a semi-maintenance mode. DB is certainly not promising us any further development of note.
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome list, thank you for sharing this. I'm about as old as Skirmish Events!
  • Options
    RennJaxo wrote: »

Congrats, Travis! Out of curiosity, did you happen to just know your anniversary, or is there some way one could find this out? Bit curious myself.

I emailed support some time in 2017 and they looked it up.
    Another milestone would be the introduction of Honor and that we no longer received trainers when airlocking crew. Also, the ability to earn honor for each star instead of it looking at a 5/5* as being just a single crew. Airlocking a 4/4* and getting the trainers of just a 1/4* crew really sucked.

That was a big thing, but it was part of the introduction of the Honor Hall, as noted in the 2.0 notes.
    I wasn't around from the beginning but was close as my 3 years is coming up in June. There really wasn't much to the game back then. I remember being able to join a fleet and just thought what the heck is the point of these? Speaking of fleets, shouldn't you also need to add in fleets being added within that timeline?

Fleets were already a thing by time I joined, though Fleet Targets didn't come along until the 2.1.0 build on 6/19/17. Adding that to the list. Good catch!
    Thurthorad wrote: »
    Congrats. I've been here several years too. What's obvious for these lists is that 2018 was a very slow year and 2019 is not making up for it. The game is becoming stagnant and may well be in a semi-maintenance mode. DB is certainly not promising us any further development of note.

I don't know that that's an entirely fair characterization. I'm not sure there's been all that much room for dramatic innovation since the introductions of the Cryostasis Vault, Gauntlet, Honor Hall, and Voyages.
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    ByloBand wrote: »
    Awesome list, thank you for sharing this. I'm about as old as Skirmish Events!

You seem more experienced. I jumped in shortly after Collections.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can also add Episode 9's launch, 01/15/2019
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There was a spot in inventory for citations but before the honor hall I had no idea how to get one, and I was around quite a bit before the honor hall
  • Options
    RennJaxo wrote: »

I emailed support some time in 2017 and they looked it up.

That was a big thing, but it was part of the introduction of the Honor Hall, as noted in the 2.0 notes.

Fleets were already a thing by time I joined, though Fleet Targets didn't come along until the 2.1.0 build on 6/19/17. Adding that to the list. Good catch!

I don't know that that's an entirely fair characterization. I'm not sure there's been all that much room for dramatic innovation since the introductions of the Cryostasis Vault, Gauntlet, Honor Hall, and Voyages.

@RennJaxo to add to your question for the anniversary date. I went back and found the first event I had done and then watched the avatar list till the 2 year avatar showed up and it ended up being the 27th of June.

@Travis S McClain I was just adding to the story of the honor points as I found the change from trainers to honor a good one. I had stopped playing for a few months after getting a new job and came back to that change. Was even more excited once I noticed the honor was being calculated at 4 crew when airlocking a 4/4*. I was always annoyed by the fact that before I would only get credit like it was a 1/4* for trainers.

Also glad I could help with the fleet addition of Fleet Targets for the list.
  • Options
    Flemming wrote: »

Good catch. Also added the introduction of the Borg Faction that same day.
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    There was a spot in inventory for citations but before the honor hall I had no idea how to get one, and I was around quite a bit before the honor hall

Yeah, there have been a handful of instances where something appeared in some capacity in one part of the game before it was actually added in another. But so far as I recall and can confirm, Citations were not actually a thing until the Honor Hall launched.
  • Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flemming wrote: »

And the Klingon and Infinity distress calls
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2019

I agree with with Travis skirmishes and campaigns have been big improvements compared to many little quality of life changes also episode 9 and Borg faction is missing from the list not all the changes are recorded.

Edit: expansion of the distress calls / short treks also missing.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats Travis!

Also commendable that for a large chunk of the "primitive" era you made it through as f2p ... oh man, that was rough going back then ... your drivers and goals have been an inspiration.

Biggest changes for me:
    - Cryostasis - when my collection bug really started.
    - Gauntlet & Voyages - both flipped the way that we players looked at, and valued, crew big time ... obscure crew became critical (Seven of Nine) and good crew fell by the wayside ... game changers.
    - Collections & Achievements - finally recognition for my collection bug. :)
  • Options
    I didn't intend this thread to become a comprehensive documentation of the evolution of the game, but I kinda dig that it has. I've updated to include:

Cadet Challenges Became Warpable
    Distress Calls: Klingon Empire, Infinity
    Episode 9
    Event 5*'s now being in the following week's Featured Crew
    Event 5*'s now being added to Thresholds in replays
    Event Thresholds expanded

Also noted when the Enterprise-E was finally added, and when Waitress Ezri was added. To date, she's the only Ezri added since the game's launch.
  • Options
    RaraRacing wrote: »
    Congrats Travis!

Also commendable that for a large chunk of the "primitive" era you made it through as f2p ... oh man, that was rough going back then ... your drivers and goals have been an inspiration.

That's a good point. I didn't go VIP 1 until my first anniversary. That first year was strictly VIP 0/F2P without the vast majority of these things. The ones that did benefit me during that year:

5/17/16 Shuttle Boosts
    6/16/16 Galaxy Events
    6/29/16 Battle Arena
    7/28/16 Event Replays begin with "They Came From the Holodeck! 2"
    8/9/16 Cryostasis Vault
    8/30/16 Ad Warps
    8/30/16 Replicator
    8/30/16 Squadrons
    10/5/16 Waitress Ezri, the only Ezri added since the game's launch
    12/20/16 Supply Kits
    1/30/17 Gauntlet
    Biggest changes for me:
    - Cryostasis - when my collection bug really started.
    - Gauntlet & Voyages - both flipped the way that we players looked at, and valued, crew big time ... obscure crew became critical (Seven of Nine) and good crew fell by the wayside ... game changers.
    - Collections & Achievements - finally recognition for my collection bug. :)

I might add Starbases and Warping Cadet Challenges to that list. Those were pretty big, too.
  • Options
    Seven of One Seven of One ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting and informative post! Congratulations on 3 years 👏 👏

I'm just a few days older than collections 🎉
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    AntasilAntasil ✭✭✭✭
    As a history geek I approve of this timeline! So weird to see that there are things I take for granted that were not always there. I entered during the first mega (Borg), so I was used to getting honor for dismissed crew from the start.
  • Options
    So how do you find out how long you've been playing for? Feels like donkeys years for me but I still don't have spot so it must be under 3
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    [TFA] CaptainObvious[TFA] CaptainObvious ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    OP be like
    wgbtq0oor7l2.jpg

For those of you on iOS, you can check when you first downloaded STT on your Apple ID, via the AppStore App / Account / Purchased. In the beginning, I played for quite some time as guest, without registering with DB. I'm not sure when they start to count.

1w4lqtwcg8v4.jpeg
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is Spot the 3 year anniversary avatar? I've got him available on mine too and didn't know I'd been playing that long... Although I did play for a bit then took a massive break and came back partly through the mega that had T'Kuvma
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP be like
    wgbtq0oor7l2.jpg

For those of you on iOS, you can check when you first downloaded STT on your Apple ID, via the AppStore App / Account / Purchased. In the beginning, I played for quite some time as guest, without registering with DB. I'm not sure when they start to count.

1w4lqtwcg8v4.jpeg

I’m on IOS and my App Store doesn’t show me that

• Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I found it. Really, I thought I have been around longer than this. Barely two years doesn’t sound right but I guess they would know before me.p59yi6z2i44o.jpeg
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will cross my fingers and hope that one day you'll be able to add an entry for the Klingon faction finally providing items necessary to equip Klingon crew!
  • Options
    Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happy Anniversary and thanks for your meticulous and insightful analytics over the years!
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    OP be like
    wgbtq0oor7l2.jpg

1w4lqtwcg8v4.jpeg

I’m on IOS and my App Store doesn’t show me that

Odd...here are some screenshots of the detailed steps to get there:

1m4zusymvn08.jpeg

ck8qb4p5kyud.jpeg

lxywk47d5470.jpeg
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2019
    Congrats Travis and welcome to the cool cat club.
    m3choicqrr9a.jpg
    You are almost to cat playing piano level.
    btpg6aohhle6.gif
    Let’s fly!