Home The Bridge

Where's the love for the Honor Hall?

Comments

• TcalTcal ✭✭✭
    I'm praying to the angels of the Honor Hall that we get another Champion this year. I would also love if there was another low-star variant from any show that's not ENT.

As a regular player, I now feel comfortable saying that I really REALLY did not enjoy Enterprise (but that doesn't mean other people shouldn't).

T'Pol made ENT for me. That and Archer grew on me over time. But it was mostly T'Pol
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hasedoki wrote: »
    I am very curious who'll be added to the 100k level next. I'm thinking a SCI character, although I wouldn't be surprised by an ENG.
    As a regular player, I now feel comfortable saying that I really REALLY did not enjoy Enterprise (but that doesn't mean other people shouldn't).
    I've warmed to ENT over time, but mostly because I'm highly selective of the episodes I'll watch.

Season 1 & 2: only episodes that feature Shran, or center on Phlox
    Season 3: Xindi core episodes only, skipping over the T'Pucker scenes and T'Pol's drug habit
    Season 4: this one is mostly good, excepting the notorious finale

If continuity is important you'll have to toss in most of the temporal cold war episodes. I find these are more palatable when I compare the different ways that Silik and Daniels treat Archer like a bumpkin.

I agree with your statement wholeheartedly. Those are my exact thoughts on Enterprise as well. I would expand them slightly to say the best thing about Enterprise is Jeffrey Combs. I believe Shran to be his best character of all. I loved the character development arc of Shran and his friendship with Archer. Towards season 4 they are as close as brothers. Every Shran ep is great. I would love to see a star trek show with Jeffrey Combs as the captain. He is an excellent actor and he has earned it.
    Let’s fly!
  • As with most series they did not get their footing until season 3 or beyond. Even the showmakers say to skip TNG season 1 and part of 2. DS9 really didn't get going until they introduced the Dominion, and Voyager didn't take off until the Borg and Seven were introduced.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    As with most series they did not get their footing until season 3 or beyond. Even the showmakers say to skip TNG season 1 and part of 2. DS9 really didn't get going until they introduced the Dominion, and Voyager didn't take off until the Borg and Seven were introduced.

Very true. There are still many DS9 episodes from the first two or three seasons that I have never watched and likely never will. A few episodes here and there were done very nicely, though TOS stands alone in sheer excellence across the first two seasons. Not that there weren’t some stinkers there, of course, but the ratio of garbage episodes to epic episodes is completely inverted compared to all of the spinoff series.
  • PavelHPavelH ✭✭✭
    I'd say Season 3 of Enterprise was what Voyager should have been and was overall one of the best Star Trek seasons. You really had to watch from S02 E25 onwards, if you watch single episodes you probably won't care why they are in the Expanse in the first place. I think Episode 1 (S03) where they spent several minutes just thinking what to do next when for weeks they had no clues where to go and Earth was going to be blown up soon was really good acting and writing. Also the episode where they had to steal the warp coil from the friendly ship and where Archer goes to Xindi base with the intention to blow it up and kill himself were some of the finest Star Trek episodes. Those episides would never have happened during TNG where they would have probably found some plot armor and dodged everything. Too bad the show got good too late when already most people had checked out.
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll say this about ENT: there were actually consequences for things that happened in previous episodes, unlike VOY which undid a lot of things by the end of the episode in which they happened. It got into trouble when it tried to engage the canon, though. Those often felt like glorified fanfic. The Ferengi episode was ridiculously convoluted, as was the Borg episode (though it was kinda sorta cool, at least). The story about Klingon ridges was stupid. And the Rura Penthe episode genuinely angered me.

"In a Mirror Darkly" was dope, though.
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll say this about ENT: there were actually consequences for things that happened in previous episodes, unlike VOY which undid a lot of things by the end of the episode in which they happened. It got into trouble when it tried to engage the canon, though. Those often felt like glorified fanfic. The Ferengi episode was ridiculously convoluted, as was the Borg episode (though it was kinda sorta cool, at least). The story about Klingon ridges was stupid. And the Rura Penthe episode genuinely angered me.

"In a Mirror Darkly" was dope, though.

The thing that got me about the Borg episode was the Zefram Cochrane thing. In his speech he said he saw the Borg on his first warp flight. Brings tgat wanted to take over the galaxy. They should not have thrown that in there. That’s a pretty huge “by the way” that was never referenced. Also, his flight was 100 years before that. They said the Borg were buried under the ice for 1,000 years

• Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every time I re-watch TNG I dislike it slightly more (I have NO problem expanding on explaining why this is, but I don't want to sidetrack this thread any more than is necessary), and every time I re-watch Enterprise I like it slightly more. I am not sure it is possible for Enterprise to ever overtake TNG, but the gap has absolutely been narrowed significantly.
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ByloBand wrote: »
    Every time I re-watch TNG I dislike it slightly more (I have NO problem expanding on explaining why this is, but I don't want to sidetrack this thread any more than is necessary), and every time I re-watch Enterprise I like it slightly more. I am not sure it is possible for Enterprise to ever overtake TNG, but the gap has absolutely been narrowed significantly.

MY MAN!!!

• cptrioscptrios ✭✭✭
    ByloBand wrote: »

I feel noooot so different from this, too. Though I don't dislike TNG more, so much as I realize more and more how low the production values were.

Aaaand please, please do have an honor sale soon. I've got nearly 450k stocked up!
  • NS111111NS111111 ✭✭✭
    Good news for anyone waiting for a sale, I got bored of hoarding 450k of honor and have splurged on 5 ill advised citations. Do bargains are surely only round the corner...
  • Synthetic CommanderSynthetic Commander ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't get why you'd hoard honor. Hasn't there ever been only one honor begold discount on Christmas? Were you planning to hoard for an entire year till next Christmas? You're sacrificing the benefit of stronger crew for an entire year potentially (assuming they even do another begold sale).
  •  Bri Bri ✭✭✭✭
    As soon as I get 50k honour I citation a 5* crew. I don’t get how anyone would hoard honour and hold out for a sale. My honour is used immediately to strengthen crew.
  • [S14]Bri wrote: »
    As soon as I get 50k honour I citation a 5* crew. I don’t get how anyone would hoard honour and hold out for a sale. My honour is used immediately to strengthen crew.

After a while you’ve got a lot of really strong crew sitting at 3/5, 4/5, and 5/5 to the point where you can regularly send out 8-10 hour voyages and still have good crew left over for shuttle missions, so at that point for some people it makes sense to hoard honor for eventual new event crew that won’t be in the portal for a long time, as opposed to using it on crew who could easily pop up in a behold
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    [S14]Bri wrote: »

After a while you’ve got a lot of really strong crew sitting at 3/5, 4/5, and 5/5 to the point where you can regularly send out 8-10 hour voyages and still have good crew left over for shuttle missions, so at that point for some people it makes sense to hoard honor for eventual new event crew that won’t be in the portal for a long time, as opposed to using it on crew who could easily pop up in a behold

That’s what I have been doing the last few weeks. I’m sitting on honor for a citation for the new Janeway (unless she’s got bad stats or is a dupe of someone I already have) and have nearly reached 100k...even if I crack that mark between now and Wednesday, I think I will wait to see Janeway’s stats. Maybe I get two citations, maybe I go for broke on Captain Bev.
  • We all have a citation coming from the campaign too
  • I'm leaning towards citing Spock for the Com/Sci voyage help. Is this a bad idea? My next 2 honor projects are Mirror Stamets (currently 2/5) and Assimilated Hawk (currently 1/5.)
    I'm leaning towards citing Spock for the Com/Sci voyage help. Is this a bad idea? My next 2 honor projects are Mirror Stamets (currently 2/5) and Assimilated Hawk (currently 1/5.)

Are you talking about the new Disco Spock? Science Officer Spock? He is very good. He has second highest base science in game and will give bonus in all Spock and Discovery events. You would not go wrong citing him though we are at month long event so you might get more immediate use out of adding a citation to the event recurring legendary janeway.
    Let’s fly!
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm leaning towards citing Spock for the Com/Sci voyage help. Is this a bad idea? My next 2 honor projects are Mirror Stamets (currently 2/5) and Assimilated Hawk (currently 1/5.)

I have both Hawk and Stamos immortalized, and they both are CONSTANTLY in use. Either way you will have made a good decision :)
  • I'm leaning towards citing Spock for the Com/Sci voyage help. Is this a bad idea? My next 2 honor projects are Mirror Stamets (currently 2/5) and Assimilated Hawk (currently 1/5.)

Are you talking about the new Disco Spock? Science Officer Spock? He is very good. He has second highest base science in game and will give bonus in all Spock and Discovery events. You would not go wrong citing him though we are at month long event so you might get more immediate use out of adding a citation to the event recurring legendary janeway.

Captain Spock, the current campaign reward. I plan to make him a 5/5 at tier 100, and use the next few honor citations to complete Mirror Stamets and Hawk next.

Captain Spock, the current campaign reward. I plan to make him a 5/5 at tier 100, and use the next few honor citations to complete Mirror Stamets and Hawk next.
    You will not go wrong finishing a 4/5. Captain Spock has cmd-sci combo which can be helpful.
    Let’s fly!
  • That's what I am thinking. I am tantalizing close to 10 hour voyages, and getting another 5/5 in my roster should help especially one with a rarer skill combo.
  •  Bri Bri ✭✭✭✭
    [S14]Bri wrote: »

I’ve been at that stage for a while, but I keep getting more and more stat beasts that require my immediate attention haha. I’m not complaining, but it does eradicate any chance of saving honour.
  • Moose1Moose1 ✭✭✭
    The thing that should be changed in the system is the cost vs the rewards. That needs balanced. The honor hall cost is outrageous compared to the equivalent honor received for dismissal of crew.

Spot on. They need to drop trainers and credits out of the Gauntlet and replace those rewards with honor points.