Home The Bridge

What will be the next Campaign theme?

And who will be the 4*/5*?

The current one of Section 31 went for fairly recent characters in Leland/Georgiou, whereas the trial went for fairly old ones in Durango Troi and Sherrif Worf.

I'd imagine to keep the money coming in they'd go for 5*s in particular that are quite new, so what do we think they might go for?

As Leland came out in October - maybe something from Nov/Dec?

Mirror Sulu was late November, Gloria and Mambo Picard in December. I'd put my money on perhaps Gloria alongside Marshall of France Q. Both recent, both very popular although not sure what theme (maybe Fed??).

Comments

• Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think you’re correct in assuming the Troi was older because it was s free trial. I’ll tell ya what, if they put the EMH in there EVERYONE is buying it. Except maybe those who already have him 5/5 but even they may want a second copy
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    I think you’re correct in assuming the Troi was older because it was s free trial. I’ll tell ya what, if they put the EMH in there EVERYONE is buying it. Except maybe those who already have him 5/5 but even they may want a second copy

If you mean Warship EMA, then I'd probably do a second copy. I wonder if they'll do another pack-only crew. Would Gary Seven be too much to ask? Probably since he is still in that same category of covert agent.

I would like to see a science officer theme with Fugitive Spock and a SR T'Pol. But maybe that's too much Discovery. Mambo Picard would be pretty good. Maybe with Vic Fontaine?
    Farewell 🖖
  • RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gloria (her event was in October by the way) would be cool ... but insane ... she's part of a vanity collection and was an event reward ... this would give many easy access to tier 5 of The Big Goodbye.

I think Borg might be a good theme:
    5* EV Suit Seven of Nine (pack only, September 2018 - good, but not super powerful, crew along the same vein as Leland);
    4* Assimilated Troi (Skirmish/Faction event - similar to Section 31 Georgiou).

5* Hawk would be better, but I think he's too good, too new and was event reward too.
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pack only would be cool since I don’t play that gamble
  • BakerbeanzBakerbeanz ✭✭✭
    I like the campaign a lot. Since it's inception, my merits are 10k plus, and the drops of 10x pulls and dilithium make it worthwhile. I already have Georgiou FF/FE so that's extra honor along with the other rewards. For $10 a month, it makes the game much more playable to a person like me who wont drop $$ for every sale DB offers, aside from the monthly card.

Hopefully the next event it'll be something interesting but I'm sure I'll get it anyway.
  • Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes! Mambo Picard or Gary Seven please.
  • If DB really wants everyone to bite on the $ premium, cheesecake seven and one of the 4* EMH variants would be amazing.
  • [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2019

Yes! Mambo Picard or Gary Seven please.

Would love it if it was Gary Seven, guess the Picard would be okay too, but I’ll be surprised if the top tier crew like Gary are campaign rewards.
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not guessing what it will be, but I can tell you what I hope it'll be in two words: "Jury Riggers".

Smuggler Yates and Captain Okona! Outlaw Jury Riggin' Scoundrels!
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    So it's definitely a "theme thing" then? I figured, I just don't remember seeing DB specifically state that.
  • Automaton_2000Automaton_2000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Niners Worf + Kira/Nog or Merry Men Crusher + Alan-a-Dale/Friar Tuck Data are my guesses. Whomever you're hoping for, knock the expectations down two pegs.
    So it's definitely a "theme thing" then? I figured, I just don't remember seeing DB specifically state that.

I don’t recall that DB said anything either way. Folks are guessing/assuming it’s a themed thing going on the beta and first actual campaign seemingly following that route I think.
  • Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    Niners Worf + Kira/Nog or Merry Men Crusher + Alan-a-Dale/Friar Tuck Data are my guesses. Whomever you're hoping for, knock the expectations down two pegs.

I'd be thrilled with Niners Worf!
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

I don’t have Niners Worf, so that would be nice indeed. Then again, my Merry Men Crusher has been sitting at 1/5* level 1 since she dropped and I would definitely level her if she could be 5/5* a month from now.
  • Jax2UFJax2UF ✭✭

If they go the Robin Hood theme route I wouldn't be surprised if it was Maid Marian instead of Merry Crusher.
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think several of you have the right idea. The campaign 5* will likely be a "second-tier" card like Leland (solid but not game-changing). It'll be interesting to see if they keep the 4*/5* cards "themed", but assuming they do...

I saw an ad before Avengers Endgame for an upcoming DS9 retrospective interview type thing (wasn't paying attention, but that was the gist). In keeping with a promotional tie-in concept, I'll assume it'll be DS9-centric.

So something like: Benny Russell / Jazz Odo paired with RAF Bashir / Mirror Dax.
  • Automaton_2000Automaton_2000 ✭✭✭✭✭

Then you definitely won't get him. Schrödinger's campaign.
    Jax2UF wrote: »

If they go the Robin Hood theme route I wouldn't be surprised if it was Maid Marian instead of Merry Crusher.

Just a hunch, but they may avoid event crew so as to limit the number of potential buyers who may pass on it because they have the crew immortalized. Older/weaker weekday pack crew where almost everyone will need stars makes sense to me. Then again, I'm not sure how many people immortalized Maid Marian...
  • WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm just hoping the featured crew is one I already have sitting FE @ 1/5... highly doubtful, but you never know!

If it were to be a DS9 theme, maybe Bell Riots Dax and Gabriel Bell. I have them sitting at 2/5 and 1/4, so that idea is definitely wishful thinking.
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a hunch, but they may avoid event crew so as to limit the number of potential buyers who may pass on it because they have the crew immortalized. Older/weaker weekday pack crew where almost everyone will need stars makes sense to me. Then again, I'm not sure how many people immortalized Maid Marian...

Leland makes some sense from a balance perspective. He's decent but not a top crew. He's a recurring crew who would have a limited amount of event use. He was also pack only.

Which is why they should make Okona the next campaign. Which would also function as an apology to the player base for constantly stiffing us on Jury Riggers.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • PrylarDurdenPrylarDurden ✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    How about a campaign-exclusive purple and gold? The race to be the first to finish the gold would (most likely) cause a lot of dilithium to be spent.

That way they can also do paired characters (ie gold masaka data and purple mask of korgano picard).
    How about a campaign-exclusive purple and gold? The race to be the first to finish the gold would (most likely) cause a lot of dilithium to be spent.

That way they can also do paired characters (ie gold masaka data and purple mask of korgano picard).

I like the campaign-exclusive SR idea. Everyone can get that. But... If they do that, then it's robbing from the pool of potential future event crew. Bottom line: I don't see it happening, unless they have a one-time special campaign.
    Farewell 🖖
  • ImoklesImokles ✭✭✭

I don’t recall that DB said anything either way. Folks are guessing/assuming it’s a themed thing going on the beta and first actual campaign seemingly following that route I think.

When you open the campaign screen, you'll see "Section 31 Campaign" on the upper left, so at least this one has a theme.

I like the campaign-exclusive SR idea. Everyone can get that. But... If they do that, then it's robbing from the pool of potential future event crew. Bottom line: I don't see it happening, unless they have a one-time special campaign.

I don't think the pool of potential future event crew is in any danger of being depleted by plucking out two to feature in a Campaign. If anything, because a Campaign runs 28 days, it's a better use of two characters than a 4-day event. Besides, the 4* could be recirculated later in an event as the preexisting card. Players who completed the Campaign will have them ready to go, and players who either didn't get to complete that Campaign or weren't even around for it will get a crack at 'em.

That said, I personally favor continuing to feature preexisting crew. I've got plenty of 4*'s and 5*'s who still need stars. I'm not so much worried about the 4*'s, but the prospect of taking a 1/5 to immortality--and then having a 5* Citation on top of that!--is pretty exciting.
  • Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    While I doubt it will be that good, I'm loving the idea of a Borg theme with EV Suit Seven / Assimilated Troi. I also like the idea of a Jury Rigger theme since that collection is really tough to finish. Mambo Picard would also be fun.

While I'd love to get Gary Seven, if everyone got him he wouldn't be so valuable, and it would diminish Armus' value in Gauntlet. So I don't think that's a good idea for DB to pursue.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
    While I doubt it will be that good, I'm loving the idea of a Borg theme with EV Suit Seven / Assimilated Troi. I also like the idea of a Jury Rigger theme since that collection is really tough to finish. Mambo Picard would also be fun.

While I'd love to get Gary Seven, if everyone got him he wouldn't be so valuable, and it would diminish Armus' value in Gauntlet. So I don't think that's a good idea for DB to pursue.

A gauntlet wall of Gary Seven... Yuck. Good call there.
    Farewell 🖖
    edited May 2019
    If they were to go by Factions, some of them don't have much of a menu to choose from. Spoiler'd for length.
    Dominion
    5* Changeling Founder, Changeling Martok, Weyoun Clone 5
    4* Changeling Bashir, Diseased Changeling Founder, Dominion Dukat, First Goran'Agar, Kilana, Ikat'ika, Weyoun Clone 4, Yelgrun

Everyone except the Changeling Founder has been in at least one event by now, and she's universally reviled for her statistical mediocrity. I omitted Thot Gor on the presumption he's to remain a Voyage exclusive.

Ferengi Alliance
    5* Grand Nagus Rom, maybe Captain Nog, Grand Nagus Zek, and/or Tuxedo Nog?
    4* Niners Rom, Pel, Profitable Ishka, maybe Grand Proxy Neelix?

Ferengi Traditionalists
    5* Convergence Day Quark, Martian Quark, Stranded Quark, maybe Grand Nagus Zek?
    4* Klingon Quark, Tourist Quark, Wedding Day Quark, maybe Grand Proxy Neelix?

The Ferengi Factions are a bit weird. It's not clear to which Grand Nagus Zek belongs. In his prime, a Traditionalist, but his final act as Nagus was to make Rom his successor, so whatever. Grand Proxy Neelix is an impostor anyway and could arguably go either way. Every one of these except Stranded Quark has been in an event by now. Grand Nagus Rom's event is at the top of the list for a replay, incidentally.

Also, it just now occurred to me to wonder whether Kazon Seska would belong to the Ferengi Alliance by virtue of the Kazon having joined them?

Hirogen
    5* none
    4* Colonel Karr

...Why do they even have a Faction? There should have just been a catch-all Delta Quadrant Faction.

Klingon-Cardassian Alliance
    5* Mirror Intendant Kira, Mirror Regent Worf
    4* Mirror Garak, Mirror K'Ehleyr

Garak has featured in three events, and K'Ehleyr in four, so they've been pretty well circulated by now. Amazingly, I've still never had Worf turn up in a Behold.

Maquis
    5* Assimilated Torres, Duelist Torres, Human Torres, Maquis Tuvok
    4* Disguised Chakotay, GI Chakotay, Lon Suder, Maquis Eddington, Maquis Ro Laren, Warship Chakotay

Assimilated Torres is the only 5* to be in an event, and Suder & Eddington are the only two 4*'s who haven't. Side note about Torres is that she featured in the Borg Mega-Event, which is not going to be replayed.

Romulan
    5* Romulan Data, Romulan Picard, Senator Vreenak, Shinzon*
    4* Alidar Jarok, Commander Donatra, Commander Keras, Commander Nevesa, Commander Sela, Commander Tomalak, Romulan Kirk, Subcommander T'Rul

*Shinzon isn't in The Neutral Zone Collection 'cause his Romulan trait was revoked and still hasn't been restore (but should!). Three of these aren't even real Romulans, including half of the 5* pool. Tomalak and T'Rul have yet to appear in any events.
    Imokles wrote: »

When you open the campaign screen, you'll see "Section 31 Campaign" on the upper left, so at least this one has a theme.

Ah yes, guess I missed that labeling.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    It should be a Tuesday pack crew from a different series since now we did Discovery. How about Voyager and have it tie in with the voyager year of hell mega.
    Let’s fly!