Home The Bridge

S31 Citations - What's Your Plan?

13»

Comments

• CloneClone ✭✭✭
    I'm saving both citations in order to finish the "Spit and Bailing Wire" (sic) collection. I'm at 5 legendary citations and 1 purple citation now; the goal is 7 legendary and 3 purple to use to get the last 4 crew I need for that collection:

4 legendary citations on my 1/5 Lorian
    3 purple citations on my 1/4 Smuggler Kassidy Yates
    2 legendary citations on my 3/5 Duelist Torres
    1 legendary citation on my 4/5 Captain Scott (I knew he'd be good for something!)

After this, I just need to find a Bartender Guinan and 4 more citations, and I will finally (finally!) be done with all the skill collections.
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    Clone wrote: »
    I'm saving both citations in order to finish the "Spit and Bailing Wire" (sic) collection. I'm at 5 legendary citations and 1 purple citation now; the goal is 7 legendary and 3 purple to use to get the last 4 crew I need for that collection:

4 legendary citations on my 1/5 Lorian
    3 purple citations on my 1/4 Smuggler Kassidy Yates
    2 legendary citations on my 3/5 Duelist Torres
    1 legendary citation on my 4/5 Captain Scott (I knew he'd be good for something!)

After this, I just need to find a Bartender Guinan and 4 more citations, and I will finally (finally!) be done with all the skill collections.

Question: if that is your plan, why not use the citations now to get more use out of your crew? At the very least consider citing them to 3/4 and 4/5 to leave room for portal pulls?
  • Used the 4* for immortalizing Colonel Worf. I'm saving the 5* for the next mega event 5*.
    Deep Space Exploration Fleet - German Casual Fleet
    Created a kingdom. Reached for the wisdom. Failed in becoming a god.
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    4* went on Detmer. 5* went on Mobile Doc to complete my 4 crew MED/SCI powerhouses so they can fill those 4 slots on Voyages with those skills
  • Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    5* citation -- this is down to two choices and will depend on what's offered in the next 4-part mega event. If it's Cheesecake Seven or Jet Reno I'll probably cite Odo. If it's a Diplomacy heavy crew, I'll probably pick Leo:

Zhian'tara Odo (4/5) -- Would be my second best base diplomat after Professor Sato, great for events as a version of Odo and Dax.
    Leonardo da Vinci (4/5) -- Would become my top science base; great for Voyages. Would also allow me to complete the last reward of the Inspiring collection.

4* citation -- I'm having a hard time with this one. Two months ago I would have used it on Armed Phillipa since she's in both the collections I'm just shy of completing -- Inspiring and Diplomat. But then I finished her thanks to an event. My 5* choice may impact my choice on this one, so I'm holding onto it for now. My choices are:

Assimilated Troi (3/4) -- Would get me closer to hitting the next level of Timelines Originals. She also has good stats and is not in the vault yet.
    K'mtar (3/4) -- Would get me one closer to finishing the last reward level of the Diplomat collection (currently need two more for that one).
    COP Founder Archer (3/4) -- Would allow me to complete the last reward level of the inspiring collection.
    Lily Sloane (2/4) -- Would help with the Spit and Bailing Wire collection (although I'm 7 short of finishing that one still).
    Fierce Guinan (1/4) -- I'll probably never finish her otherwise.

Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • eXo | das411eXo | das411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    5* citation -- this is down to two choices and will depend on what's offered in the next 4-part mega event. If it's Cheesecake Seven or Jet Reno I'll probably cite Odo. If it's a Diplomacy heavy crew, I'll probably pick Leo:

Zhian'tara Odo (4/5) -- Would be my second best base diplomat after Professor Sato, great for events as a version of Odo and Dax.
    Leonardo da Vinci (4/5) -- Would become my top science base; great for Voyages. Would also allow me to complete the last reward of the Inspiring collection.

4* citation -- I'm having a hard time with this one. Two months ago I would have used it on Armed Phillipa since she's in both the collections I'm just shy of completing -- Inspiring and Diplomat. But then I finished her thanks to an event. My 5* choice may impact my choice on this one, so I'm holding onto it for now. My choices are:

Assimilated Troi (3/4) -- Would get me closer to hitting the next level of Timelines Originals. She also has good stats and is not in the vault yet.
    K'mtar (3/4) -- Would get me one closer to finishing the last reward level of the Diplomat collection (currently need two more for that one).
    COP Founder Archer (3/4) -- Would allow me to complete the last reward level of the inspiring collection.
    Lily Sloane (2/4) -- Would help with the Spit and Bailing Wire collection (although I'm 7 short of finishing that one still).
    Fierce Guinan (1/4) -- I'll probably never finish her otherwise.

Matt_decker i'm surprised nobody else mentioned him, but i am also debating whether to use the 4* cite on Borg Troi or K'mtar - she would finish off the Borg collection for me (i had a 5th star for Queen drop in a begold once) but I also am one person away from the DIP collection, which K'mtar would finish!

Maybe the answer is to cite one now and then use the other 4* citations still in my mailbox from way back when for the other? :)
  • WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    I decided to hang onto my citations for now. I'm hoping for a portal update soon, as I have saved up over 70 premium 10x packs.

I'll likely use the 4* citation on a voyage-specific crew (either Fierce Guinan or McCoy), but figure I'll wait until I have 2 more citations. That gives me a couple months of flexibility, since they'll likely be going into the freezer immediately and won't be much use at 2/4 or 3/4 in the meantime anyway.

I have several good options for 5* crew, between the free citation and nearly 250k honor (like to keep at least 50k for new mega recurring), but have some concern about immortalizing any crew via citation before opening all my stockpiled premium packs. Since my voyages area now always over 9 hours (and I recently just got my first 10-hour voyage - yay!), I'm not in too much of a rush to use my first campaign citation.
  • 4* went to Colonel Worf
    5* went to Reverend Phlox

Really happy I finally get to start working on the Rev. He's been #2 on my to-cite list since I won him, and others (Warship EMA, Mirror Stamets) kept jumping in front of the line. But now the decks are clear, so it's go time.
  • Seven of One Seven of One ✭✭✭✭✭
    My 4* went to Ensign Picard.

With the 5* I bought another citation at the same time and added a last star to Mulhall and Reverend Phlox
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Decided to bite on survivalist kirk in the end I also added an honor citation to him he’s looking good already at 3/5
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Spent it on a 2nd star on Mirror Inquisitor Troi as I would love to start a second copy if I got another one after she were FF. So zero risk there. :)

For the 4* citation I have not decided yet, but it might go on a MED as well as this is my weak spot on voyages.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    As my Fierce Guinan is still in the Achievements cryo, I’ll be holding my 4* until the next non-community reward event 3/4.
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    Spent it on a 2nd star on Mirror Inquisitor Troi as I would love to start a second copy if I got another one after she were FF. So zero risk there. :)

For the 4* citation I have not decided yet, but it might go on a MED as well as this is my weak spot on voyages.

I can verify that two copies do come in handy, especially on MED/DIP Voyagesvx13dil361tm.jpeg

qu3o205np5fu.jpg
    Let’s fly!
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »

I can verify that two copies do come in handy, especially on MED/DIP Voyagesvx13dil361tm.jpeg

qu3o205np5fu.jpg

This was back when event crew and reward crew were the same week. I bought her for use in the event then won her in the event. Kinda glad they changed it. I have three doubles up legendaries from this. If it were the way it is now I could have 6 different crew

• (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes I like the new system better too. Gives me incentive to do well on every event and then to lvl up that legendary immediately.
    Let’s fly!
  • Yes I like the new system better too. Gives me incentive to do well on every event and then to lvl up that legendary immediately.

Same. I really disliked it at first, but I've grown to like it better now. The only thing I miss is the lucky pack draw that gives you one copy of the legendary, with the chance to earn another copy during the event. But on balance this system gives you much more use of your new crew.
  • sexy_ladysexy_lady ✭✭✭
    4* citation went into Captain Scott who was forever at 1/4 for me. Two more campaigns and he'll be chilling in the freezer.
    5* went to make Benny 4/5 since I lack science crew badly.